Are you satisfied? In GW2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are you satisfied? In GW2

I would like to quote a real business case to illustrate the importance of satisfaction to the user.

In 2015, WeChat Red Packets cooperated with Spring Festival Evening, and users increased from 4.5 million users to hundreds of millions of users in one day. In 2016, Ali took 269 million yuan to win the qualification for cooperation in the Spring Festival Gala of the Year of the Monkey. What? Is to push the Alipay red envelope.

How is it done? It also proposed a concept called "collecting five blessings, divided into two hundred thousand cash." You must also have the impression that a bunch of people have gathered the four blessings, and the last one is dedication.

Let's take stock of the numbers, Alipay issued a total of 820,000 dedication. And how many of the users are gathered together? 790,000.

There is no concept in listening to this. We throw two more data out, how many users are participating in this event? At least it is unlikely to be less than 20 million, and what is the total number of users of Alipay? 400 million users.

We talked about it in the first lesson. What is cool is to be satisfied. The feeling of being satisfied is cool, and it is uncomfortable not to be satisfied. I am full of anticipation, I have worked hard for a long time to collect blessings, and I have gathered four of them. The last one is not collected, and it is definitely not good.

How high is the unsatisfactory rate of the Alipay red envelope in 2016? Alipay spent 269 million to advertise, if 20 million users participate in Alipay to grab the red envelope, the unhappy people are greater than 96%. If it is said that its 400 million users have participated in the red packets, the unhappy rate is 99.8%.

When you spent dozens of hours in Guild Wars 2 and got hundreds of treasure chests, when you clicked on the mouse a few hundred times, you got a lot of rubbish, and the new skin was placed in the gem store. This is why GW2 is unhappy.

<1

Comments

• Ambush.9420Ambush.9420 Member ✭✭

Very satisfied. I love this game.

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was, until this infusion tease with the zephyr supply chests. It was disheartening to spend so much RL money trying to get an infusion. ANY infusion. Has changed my outlook quite a bit and made me realize just how much money I’ve been throwing at this game with nothing in return. Going to be a free loader here on out. It’s not worth the financial investment.

• To be honest I'm not really sure what your post is trying to say, by the last part I'm getting the impression it's to do with bad loot?

Anyhow, I'm very satisfied. Overall the game and expansions have cost maybe £100ish, and out of that I've had thousands of hours of fun, entertainment and enjoyment in the game. So pretty satisfying I'd say!

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rysdude.3824 said:
    I was, until this infusion tease with the zephyr supply chests. It was disheartening to spend so much RL money trying to get an infusion. ANY infusion. Has changed my outlook quite a bit and made me realize just how much money I’ve been throwing at this game with nothing in return. Going to be a free loader here on out. It’s not worth the financial investment.

Instead of putting that rl on lootboxes which they are rng and you know it. Why didnt yiu instead turn them into gokd or something and buy the item directly from another player?

• As a PVP/WVW player i am extremely unhappy with the game. Anet does nothing for PVP/WVW.

• Dreadshow.9320Dreadshow.9320 Member ✭✭✭

Very happy. Could not be happier. If my happiness was quantifiable it would be at the top of the scale. If it was a planet in our solar system it would be Jupiter. =) =) =) =) =) =) :s :s :s =) =) =)

• juhani.5361juhani.5361 Member ✭✭✭

I have no idea what's going on, but the stuff I like, I really like. The stuff I don't... well, you get the idea. So I do what I like and ignore the rest. I guess that's more "satisficing" than being satisfied ;)

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

I’m overall satisfied but Anet’s growing move towards more lootbox gambling is very disheartening.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Jahroots.6791Jahroots.6791 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, the rewards are lackluster. There's tons and tons of things to do but no real incentive to bother with most activities. Generally I log in just for dailies and time gated crafting then move on.

Fortunately, there's always something to look forward to every couple weeks. There's a few Desert Racer mount skins I dig, and will be farming the hell out of everything for a month or two until I can afford them.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aridon.8362 said:
    Does anyone know what the hell the OP is talking about?

Nope. :D But to answer the question: I wouldn't mind changes/improvements here and there but overall, I'm satisfied with GW2. Nothing proves this more than the fact that I've been playing this game since beta. :)

• Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

Partially, but that's why I think GW2 will never be a main game for me. I like it from time to time but there are a number of annoyances that I listed in other threads. I do get that they need to sell skins via the Gem store but I think by comparison the Gem store is fairly reasonable. It's a necessary evil for a game without a sub, because like it or not, but ArenaNet do have bills and salaries to pay.

I really wish the leveling experience wasn't so boring though. There is a reason why this game gives you tomes to skip levels and birthday items that raise a character to level 50 instantly. I have one character that's not 80 yet and instead of playing her, I am collecting tomes on my main to push her to 80 with tomes. I also don't feel like playing my alts because of some of the annoyances this game has like bosses with way too many HP (making fights long and boring) and particularly the high level maps being aggro-heavy which I find a shame because it disallows me to just travel through them more leisurely and take in the scenery. In low level maps I can kill the mobs quite quickly and that makes it a lot less annoying to me, so that's really the experience I prefer.

But I don't get involved much in endgame because it's too grindy for my tastes, so I can understand some frustrations there. I just stay away from that. If I ever saw a legendary weapon I liked (and so far I'm underwhelmed luckily), I think I'd rather buy it than do it myself. Simply because the path to get there is too long for me to even consider it. To me it's the balance of effort versus benefit and I think that that is the general issue I have with GW2 actually. The effort is always higher than the benefit it seems. And with effort I don't necessarily mean challenge (although that sometimes is the case as well) but mostly the length of the process.

Part of it is my own doing though. I'm not big on guilds and mostly solo. That makes this game a lot harder but I don't play this game often or long enough to build up relationships and that is at least in part my own choice. I will say though that the game being more boring and annoying than it needs to be, is the biggest reason why I never play for more than a couple of months when I do play.

As someone here said, GW2 just fell short of GW1 for me as well, but beyond that when I judge GW2 on its own merits, these are the main grievances I have. Too much aggro, too many lengthy and tricky processes. PoF is definitely a step up as far as processes (masteries for example are much more accessible than in HoT), but I just tire of the constant running away from aggroed mobs or fighting them which takes longer than it should. That's just my view of course but that's why this game is less enjoyable to me, in spite of the positives that are also there.

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

• Ryou.2398Ryou.2398 Member ✭✭
    edited July 26, 2018

@Gehenna.3625 said:
    Partially, but that's why I think GW2 will never be a main game for me. I like it from time to time but there are a number of annoyances that I listed in other threads. I do get that they need to sell skins via the Gem store but I think by comparison the Gem store is fairly reasonable. It's a necessary evil for a game without a sub, because like it or not, but ArenaNet do have bills and salaries to pay.

I really wish the leveling experience wasn't so boring though. There is a reason why this game gives you tomes to skip levels and birthday items that raise a character to level 50 instantly. I have one character that's not 80 yet and instead of playing her, I am collecting tomes on my main to push her to 80 with tomes. I also don't feel like playing my alts because of some of the annoyances this game has like bosses with way too many HP (making fights long and boring) and particularly the high level maps being aggro-heavy which I find a shame because it disallows me to just travel through them more leisurely and take in the scenery. In low level maps I can kill the mobs quite quickly and that makes it a lot less annoying to me, so that's really the experience I prefer.

But I don't get involved much in endgame because it's too grindy for my tastes, so I can understand some frustrations there. I just stay away from that. If I ever saw a legendary weapon I liked (and so far I'm underwhelmed luckily), I think I'd rather buy it than do it myself. Simply because the path to get there is too long for me to even consider it. To me it's the balance of effort versus benefit and I think that that is the general issue I have with GW2 actually. The effort is always higher than the benefit it seems. And with effort I don't necessarily mean challenge (although that sometimes is the case as well) but mostly the length of the process.

Part of it is my own doing though. I'm not big on guilds and mostly solo. That makes this game a lot harder but I don't play this game often or long enough to build up relationships and that is at least in part my own choice. I will say though that the game being more boring and annoying than it needs to be, is the biggest reason why I never play for more than a couple of months when I do play.

As someone here said, GW2 just fell short of GW1 for me as well, but beyond that when I judge GW2 on its own merits, these are the main grievances I have. Too much aggro, too many lengthy and tricky processes. PoF is definitely a step up as far as processes (masteries for example are much more accessible than in HoT), but I just tire of the constant running away from aggroed mobs or fighting them which takes longer than it should. That's just my view of course but that's why this game is less enjoyable to me, in spite of the positives that are also there.

I agree with you but other games do not really have masteries, I think the best leveling systems of any mmorpgs where everquest 1 and 2, you had awesome leveling experiences and the alternate advancement systems that let you get new abilities for your class and special passives and bonuses, I can maybe see gw2 doing this if they become more endgame focused, maybe they will become more of a pve focused game and I think that is perhaps for the best. To be honest pvp gets boring quickly with no real risk reward anyways we are getting ready to see some more unique pvp mmos coming out in the future. Anyways getting elites and masteries is pretty decent in my opinion, I can overlook the negative as gw2 offers so many more positives.

If you want to find the secrets of the universe think in terms of energy frequency and vibration Nikola Tesla.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't play for rewards I play be cause I like to kill stuff. Play a game be cause you like to play it. If you play only for rewards, don't play games.

• @Ephemiel.5694 said:
    The FIRST thing i saw when i checked the stream was a character actually DUAL WIELDING, using both weapons to attack rather than the current "dual wielding" mechanic only for Thieves that merely changes their 3rd skill. This made me want to search on info on GW1 and........i just can't believe how many things i feel GW1 did right and GW2, for whatever reason, changed or removed.

It's true that GW1 had dual wielding, but (a) only daggers could be dual wielded and (b) daggers had to be dual wielded - you couldn't wield just one. The dual wielding was very well implemented, though, with dagger skills being completely designed around it, with main hand/off hand/dual attacks.

That said, I do agree that GW1 did a lot of things better, and while I understand why some of them were removed (e.g. Signet of Capture - that just wouldn't work with the open world format), others I have no idea.

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

I haven't had enough time to play last moths, so I haven't tested any of the new things yet. So I don't know yet if I'm satisfied or not.

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

The find the whole premise to be a loaded question by the nature of modern players. Summed up, "nothing is good enough". And anything that is won't be good enough for long. We demand change, and lament it happening. This is too hard, this is too easy. Something goes too far, something doesn't go too far enough. Games which are considered "best game ever" at launch, only die out within 3 months. People want the benefits of emergent game play, but hate the fact other players can have any control over the environment. We've even gotten to the point where a lot of players want a game with an MMO format, except for all the "Multiplayer" aspects of it.

To condense what I think the OP's source material is trying to say (which is essentially a "loot boxes suck" article), people don't like being unhappy. And when people don't get what they think they wanted, they are unhappy. But where its screwing up is using numbers to explain a high failure rate as the root of the problem, when consumer psychology of it shows the mere illusion of a possible success is enough to disregard the fact that a probable success is unlikely. Even when we know the odds are terrible, we'll still try anyway if theres something we want that is marginally more valuable then the cost of entry. People are unhappy, because they tried to beat the odds, and didn't. But when we see someone else succeeds, it fuels the delusion we can get similar results if we just keep trying.

OP is mad becaue he gets a lot of trash loot. But if you sat down and did the math, statistically thats what you'll be seeing the most. Even if the real odds are hidden, its possible to estimate those odds given enough samples (which is what most game communities will do, in their efforts to influence the odds). So really what hes saying is "People didn't know the odds, and thats the hosting party's fault"; but I'd argue its people assuming certainty in the face of "uncertain uncertainty". (insert Jin Rummy Unknown Unknown's rant)

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

I guess I don't understand posts like this. If you aren't enjoying playing the game, then why are you here? There are a great many games out there to choose from, so perhaps one better satisfies you? I've taken some long breaks when I've gotten burned out, and still take short breaks to play Civ 6 or something else when the mood strikes me.

For me, the loot is fine. There is that "anticipation" that something shiny may drop, and gold/mats/achievements earned if not so that you can get one another way.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

I am not satisfied, that's why I no longer play the game and just check in on the forums now and then. I love the combat and polished feel of the game but as a pvp person I hate how dull and lackluster the pvp scene is. I'm tempted to go try Guild Wars 1 as I hear the pvp was better done in that game.

No longer playing the game due to PvP being abandon.

• Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

I agree with you but other games do not really have masteries, I think the best leveling systems of any mmorpgs where everquest 1 and 2, you had awesome leveling experiences and the alternate advancement systems that let you get new abilities for your class and special passives and bonuses, I can maybe see gw2 doing this if they become more endgame focused, maybe they will become more of a pve focused game and I think that is perhaps for the best. To be honest pvp gets boring quickly with no real risk reward anyways we are getting ready to see some more unique pvp mmos coming out in the future. Anyways getting elites and masteries is pretty decent in my opinion, I can overlook the negative as gw2 offers so many more positives.

Yeah, the masteries at least in PoF are quite fun to do. I still don't have nearly enough mastery points in HoT because I really don't want to do the things it takes to get those and some of the masteries require like 8 or 10 points so it's definitely out of my reach. GW2 does have a fair number of positives and I am more positive about the game today than ever before. I just wish that a lot of things weren't such a drag to do. If some of these things were quicker and less annoying I'd enjoy the game a lot more.

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

Shooting Skrit in the head or firing down from elevated spots to assist struggling newbies in that pirate bay place in core thyria while sipping on a cold drink during our hot, German summer is incredibly satisfying. Especially when my Asura dishes out one of his bada..s Deadeye voicelines.

So: Great lore² + Great playable species³ * (Deadeye + The Hunter) = Fun³

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

• IndigoSundown.5419IndigoSundown.5419 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DeanBB.4268 said:
    I guess I don't understand posts like this. If you aren't enjoying playing the game, then why are you here? There are a great many games out there to choose from, so perhaps one better satisfies you? I've taken some long breaks when I've gotten burned out, and still take short breaks to play Civ 6 or something else when the mood strikes me.

There are likely a number of reasons why people complain rather than moving on. Most of them have to do with investment. Everyone -- at least those who can post here) invested money in GW2. A lot of them have invested time into the game. Some invest emotion. The greater the investment, the more likely people will complain in hopes they can catalyze change rather than move on.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

• Soa Cirri.6012Soa Cirri.6012 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2018

@Ephemiel.5694 said:
    huge amount of freedom to do insane and/or wacky builds

In other words, depth and complexity. GW2 used to have a little more at launch, with the ability to mix and match trait lines (and stat combination using trait lines), but even that was "streamlined." So too, has been much of the game: the leveling process, map directions, color coding, etc.

It's all about accessibility—lowering the skill floor and making the system less overwhelming to new and casual players. Why? So more people can get into the game more quickly. Why? So there's a higher population of active players with a greater pool of potential revenue.

It's the same reason mindless blockbuster movies can make a billion dollars at the box office, but niche movies are lucky to top 20mil.

I'm not saying I have a preference either way, but I'm pretty reasonably sure this reason is why most of these changes were made.

• On the pve side? most definitely. Community's nice for the most part, graphics are stunning, performance is good and mounts are useful and innovative.
    And there's a crapton of things for me to do at any given moment.
    On the pvp side?
    mmmmMMMmmmmMMm

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

• Ephemiel.5694Ephemiel.5694 Member ✭✭✭

@Soa Cirri.6012 said:

@Ephemiel.5694 said:
    huge amount of freedom to do insane and/or wacky builds

In other words, depth and complexity. GW2 used to have a little more at launch, with the ability to mix and match trait lines (and stat combination using trait lines), but even that was "streamlined." So too, has been much of the game: the leveling process, map directions, color coding, etc.

It's all about accessibility—lowering the skill floor and making the system less overwhelming to new and casual players. Why? So more people can get into the game more quickly. Why? So there's a higher population of active players with a greater pool of potential revenue.

It's the same reason mindless blockbuster movies can make a billion dollars at the box office, but niche movies are lucky to top 20mil.

I'm not saying I have a preference either way, but I'm pretty reasonably sure this reason is why most of these changes were made.

Thing is WE were new and casual players and we both adapted to the more complex style of GW1 and enjoyed it. I don't understand this mentality that game developers have where they have to streamline everything and give people things in a silver platter. Has ANet not learned from WoW that streamlining constantly and making things easier will drive people away? The biggest MMO in the world nearly DIED because of this.

Players want a balance in difficulty when it comes to games, not things to be given to them. Using WoW as an example again, this is why people hated Legion simply handing out Legendaries left and right and why even BLIZZARD realized this was wrong and changed things in Battle For Azeroth.

edited July 26, 2018

@Ephemiel.5694
    ANET tries to achieve that "balance" by having both "casual" and "hardcore" content simultaneously offered in different areas, but they shy away from locking too much behind the hardcore content so casual players don't feel excluded. As a result, the game seems completely out of balance, and a vast bulk of rewards can be acquired without requiring much skill, and low-skill or uninformed (people who aren't deeply familiar with mechanics) players generally receive the greatest degree of focus in the thrust of game content, where persistence is more important than competence.

As far as streamlining in GW2 goes, I remember finding the changes to leveling especially insulting, taking hand-holding to an entirely new level. It was a major departure from the first iteration where you basically had to figure stuff out yourself. And yet the feedback was largely positive as far as I could see, so I can't say that my view of it necessarily represents the player base they're trying to capture, which suggests that, in terms sheer popularity, the strategy may be working.

But I can say that hardcore/casual disconnection has repeatedly been a sort of design paradox that has challenged GW2 at least since around HoT, and maybe as far back as the Tequatl rework. You can't have it both ways, but GW2 repeatedly tries to, and rarely achieves it.

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

The story is always too short, 1 hour of story content that you waited half a year for.
    Anet doesn't seem to have direction with it's classes except mesmer and warrior
    the only endgame is gemstore items and even the outfits look rushed and basic

In WvW, servers stack to get fights and half of the time you have to troll towers just to get a decent fight
    The rewards aren't great because once you complete the reward tracks/ ticket chests you have to wait another week just to have it refreshed because if you wvw often you get the final chest in 2 days.
    You cannot roam anymore in WvW without being chased by larger havoc groups

PvE has repeatable events
    and raids

I always think back to my 1st time i played gw2 during headstart- dungeons could actually be challenging and everyone was trying to figure things out
    now dungeons are a blink because of the new specs/ dps specs

there is absolutely no challenging content in gw2, unless you attempt raids but the only challenge is trying to have synergy with other players.

• Absconditus.6804Absconditus.6804 Member ✭✭✭

Happy with many things, unhappy with some things. There are more things I am happy with than not.

Seafarer's Rest | Enryon | Mistwarden [Hero]

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

The game has ups and downs, but for me personally it consists mostly of ups. There are many things that make me roll my eyes and after being spoiled from playing games with weekly/bi-weekly patches that aren't afraid to radically change things up sometimes I feel like some things just take too long to get changed, BUT I've gotten used to it at this point.

I have played around 4000 hours at this point and I'm looking forward to spending one or two hours ingame every day.

Bite me.

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely not. Im not happy with what's offered in pve (which is pretty much nothing unless you're one of those who log in into the game to stack and zerg). Not happy with balance, but its normal for an mmo so i'll let that pass. Absolutely not happy with spvp being stuck with the garbage conquest for six years. Not happy with wvw because they have forgotten its in their game, but even it being abandoned, its still the best content of gw2.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    I don't play for rewards I play be cause I like to kill stuff. Play a game be cause you like to play it. If you play only for rewards, don't play games.

Such a poor argument. Its like those peeps saying gameplay>graphics. What about having both? Have you heard of that? GOOD games have both, not one of the two. GW1 offered your KILLING AND REWARD. GW2 offers killing, very very easy killing. The kind of killing you could be doing while watching a youtube video.

• Tachenon.5270Tachenon.5270 Member ✭✭✭

I'm so satisfied with GW2 right now that I've mostly been playing Guild Wars all week.

• Diak Atoli.2085Diak Atoli.2085 Member ✭✭✭

I am very satisfied.

Good combat mechanics, good class balance, good story, good selection of challenging content. Great events. Awesome maps, awesome weapons.

Not so great selection of armor skins; but then, I'm really picky about those.

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

Who sent you? What do you want? YOU CANNOT HAVE OUR TIME CHILD!

(also, i'm a shameless fan. shhhh.)

Want some pancakes?

• Bilgato.8034Bilgato.8034 Member ✭✭

@Zexanima.7851 said:
    I am not satisfied, that's why I no longer play the game and just check in on the forums now and then. I love the combat and polished feel of the game but as a pvp person I hate how dull and lackluster the pvp scene is. I'm tempted to go try Guild Wars 1 as I hear the pvp was better done in that game.

Don't bother, nobody's there anymore. It was great back in the old days though, even the lobby was fun, we'd stand up on the cliff over the Jade Quarry socializing, making friends and bustin' balls...I really miss it.

• Kapax.3801Kapax.3801 Member ✭✭✭

I am not constant in this game, I usually leave it for long periods and come back when I see something interesting ... leave the game when the living story came out part 1 and I went back now that this is a new event, but possibly I will leave it again when I get all the achievements of this event.

What I always do not like in this game is:
    Unbalance in PvP (conditions should not exist)
    WvW boring long-term.
    Too challenging and elitist content (Raid).
    Dead dungeons.
    Too many things in the Gem Store (and expensive on many occasions)
    There is still no news from Housing.
    There are no crafts that are interesting. (I was playing the Black Desert and it is amazing how it works its Craft systems)
    And I think that the game is still not optimized.

What I like is:
    The mount system is very beautiful compared to other MMOs.
    Gliding system.
    The lore was progressing and today you can say it is very good.
    That they add new content regularly.
    The details of the animations, god, the animations of the mount for example or other details within the game make it unique.

What he would need:
    More personalization in faces, eyes, hairstyles, etc. (You could add more options, not like Black Desert, but a little more if you can)
    Return to the armors and leave the suits of a single item. (fashion wars xD)
    Go back to the dungeons.
    A more flexible way of raid.
    Achievements with better reward.
    Fishing.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Such a poor argument. Its like those peeps saying gameplay>graphics. What about having both? Have you heard of that? GOOD games have both, not one of the two. GW1 offered your KILLING AND REWARD. GW2 offers killing, very very easy killing. The kind of killing you could be doing while watching a youtube video.

I call that BS. Games used to be played for nothing. I played Ghoul n Goblins, Castlevania, Metroid, Zelda, Mario etc. for the sake of finishing it. There was no shiny reward at the end and you didn't even think about a reward - where is that coming from? Some intelligent people noticed that humans like to get something for their efforts, it's a simple mechanic called dopamine which your brain is releasing in tiny doses. People are actually addicted to this effect, so they want more and more. It's so simple and the majority of non self-reflective humanity loves kitten like this. Before that, the reward was the feel of achievement of finally finishing this ultra hard game. Nothing more. We had a shift in what games are for. For many (online-)gamers it's just rewards and nothing else. That wasn't until around the 2000s and now we have a generation of games who only play kitten short sighed online games with mindless kitten content and they only play for rewards. How sad...

And about rewards in GW2: what are people complaining? I read: if they hand out Legendaries like in WoW Legion it's bad. So that's bad. If they hand you out nothing, it's bad be cause bad rewards. I admit I liked killing bosses in GW1 for their greens, it was fun and a challenge to do it solo. But it got redundant pretty fast. Oh and don't forget nostalgia: I used to complain a lot in GW1 be cause everthing was so easily accessible and nothing really hard, you couldn't even jump, there was no trading post, there was not a single character development, no crafting you level/learn, no activities, no open world, nothing. It was very barebones. Lots of people forget that.

• Ashabhi.1365Ashabhi.1365 Member ✭✭✭

I am highly satisfied.

This is a game. As a game, it is meant to provide enjoyment and relaxation. It isn't meant to be a job where I have to punch a clock every day and do certain tasks on a deadline. If I want to push a raid hardcore I can, and if I want to spend the day playing dress-up I can. Are there issues? Of course there are. Every game ever programmed has them. Thankfully, the issues in this game are something that I can tolerate. There is plenty to do, and I don't feel penalized for not buying [insert shiny here.] The "loot boxes" don't affect me, and with a few exceptions, most of what I buy from the gem store comes directly from gold I have earned in-game and converted. (Disclaimer: I have purchased gems and bought certain things I wanted, so don't think I don't spend at all.)

In short, this particular game provides me with everything I need to have fun. That's the point, right? ;)

• Yes, I am. There's no mmo I can enjoy like GW2.

Only things I hope ArenaNet to do is that please stop to fight with ground marks. I remember 'Hey I swung a sword again' in manifesto PV. It WAS fun to fight watching enemies' pre-action to dodge, guard whatever in vanilla game. Recent days we only watching ground mark. That makes me boring. I need graphic option settings to disable another group, squad skill effects.
    In WvW, how long we have to fight in SAME map since gw2 launch. Everyone says EBG and Alpine Borderlands are best map. But I felt it already boring strategy long time ago.

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

This is why I don't do festivals. Grind, grind, grind...for some blues and greens - maybe the occasional yellow if you're lucky. Then you get those tokens and you can get: minis...kites...skins...whoopee. I, for fun, bought keys with gems...opened about 10 chests...got one mount skin, the rest was kitten. Never again. 6 years of playing this game and had 1 precursor drop (a month ago) - it had to be the cheapest precursor that could drop - got 60g for it or something. Nope. RNG has ensured I won't spend any more rl money on this game.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

I call that BS. Games used to be played for nothing. I played Ghoul n Goblins, Castlevania, Metroid, Zelda, Mario etc. for the sake of finishing it. There was no shiny reward at the end and you didn't even think about a reward - where is that coming from? Some intelligent people noticed that humans like to get something for their efforts, it's a simple mechanic called dopamine which your brain is releasing in tiny doses. People are actually addicted to this effect, so they want more and more. It's so simple and the majority of non self-reflective humanity loves kitten like this. Before that, the reward was the feel of achievement of finally finishing this ultra hard game. Nothing more. We had a shift in what games are for. For many (online-)gamers it's just rewards and nothing else. That wasn't until around the 2000s and now we have a generation of games who only play kitten short sighed online games with mindless kitten content and they only play for rewards. How sad...

And about rewards in GW2: what are people complaining? I read: if they hand out Legendaries like in WoW Legion it's bad. So that's bad. If they hand you out nothing, it's bad be cause bad rewards. I admit I liked killing bosses in GW1 for their greens, it was fun and a challenge to do it solo. But it got redundant pretty fast. Oh and don't forget nostalgia: I used to complain a lot in GW1 be cause everthing was so easily accessible and nothing really hard, you couldn't even jump, there was no trading post, there was not a single character development, no crafting you level/learn, no activities, no open world, nothing. It was very barebones. Lots of people forget that.

Not important what a random game used to be played for. This is a sequel to GW1, a game that offered you challenge, variety AND reward. GW2 offers nothing else but good combat system, a combat system that is completely unused by Anet.

• Hugedeal.5426Hugedeal.5426 Member ✭✭
    edited July 27, 2018

I have never raided or done t4 fractals before, so i am sort of stuck in tier 3 fractals and farmingmaterials to get me a few legendaries, guilds i do not join, everybody seems to "solo" mostly everything, what i mean with solo is we do not need the consent of other people to join on a event or anything, not even for wvw, so unless your raiding or doing fractals t4 i don't see the point of it.... the game is fine, i mean it is less boring the WoW for sure right now....

• robert.3475robert.3475 Member ✭✭

played alot of mmos over the years and this is by far the best mmo ive played

• Balsa.3951Balsa.3951 Member ✭✭✭

great game love it and when i hate it i stop play

Eh... There are things I still enjoy. But there's a lot that makes me want to stop playing after 5 minutes of being logged in.

Yes, there is "always something to do," but watching paint dry is "something to do," and there's a lot of content in GW2 that just seems uninteresting and uninspired, not to mention dozens of grindable items that are frankly too ugly for me to want. I have 13 characters, and all of them are equipped and skinned pretty much as I like them, so it takes a lot of effort to contrive new motivation to grind the same old content yet again. Gameplay eventually devolves into what amounts to spinning a wheel over and over again, the only thing changing being the size of the wheel. Set goal, work at goal, acquire goal, repeat. It's true that any MMO is like this in essence, but success hinges on how well it hides the "wheel" from you. Outside of Living Story, GW2 is just the wheel, and the game doesn't seem to try very hard to hide that anymore.

I'll be blunt though: the living story is a waste of time and resources. Even if you think the plot and characters themselves are amazing (and I strenuously disagree with that), much of LS comes down to a small handful of maps which exist solely for meta, and a few story instances of inconsistent quality, and all of it with a lot of padding and filler to space out what could otherwise be completed in less than an hour or two, with no replayability except for a handful of token achievements.
    That's months of development time! I'd rather ANET spent that effort on other things, like:

• A variety of new weapon and armor sets reasonably acquirable in game without the need for a wallet full of gems or a lootbox lottery draw
    • "Bridge" content for players between early and endgame to teach fundamental mechanics (zergs swarm Boss Blitz champs and are clueless about break bars and other fundamental mechanics because the game never eases them in or properly teaches them)
    • A re-tuning of dungeons (which brand new players still frequently blunder into, and which still bug out frequently, to this day)
    • Enhancing and/or expanding popular maps before/as they become stale
    • Enhancing and/or expanding seasonal events before/as they become stale
    • if none of the above, at least innovate, try something new, bold, and exciting.
    • Basically anything else more immediately productive

I think we still need build templates.
    I think balance passes and class-tuning should return to being made on a bi-weekly basis, independent of all other content.
    I think new content releases should be much smaller in scale and scope, and released more frequently.
    I think the game needs dedicated, competent economists who do not insulate themselves from the community.
    I think writers should focus on making meta-events more narratively compelling. My most fun narrative experiences in the entire game have all been from random recurring events in the open world, not from any dungeon, raid, or LS chapter.
    I think open world is what makes GW2 what it is, and ANET has done wrong to crawl/run away from that philosophy.
    I think the parade of new maps is becoming prohibitive by dividing the player-base too thinly for content which doesn't merit repeating.

So, satisfied? No, I guess not. I really used to love GW2, but now I guess I'm mostly disappointed. Not disappointed enough to swear off the game forever, but enough to contemplate taking another ten-month break. B)

• Orpheal.8263Orpheal.8263 Member ✭✭✭

I'm not satisfied with GW2..

i could list up now a huge litany of reasons for why this is a case, but it won't change anything on that situation and within the last 6 years I've received as player also not the impression from Anet, that they even care at all to do somethign about those things... but impressions can naturally be deceptive
    But to name just a very few key points that are reasons, why I'm not satisfied:

• Completely unbalanced Combat System whose Main Mechanics have been ignored since release, while Skills and Traits have had always only their attention
    • Dead Dungeons
    • Yet no reimplementation of Season 1 to make this a complete again for everybody
    • Dead and uninspired WvW practically more or less since 2014
    • Elitist Raids - a full game mode just only for a tiny minority of a player base ..rolleyes. well done, what a waste of ressources, that would have been better spen on reworking Dungeons into better content, or into PvP7WvW, to make it better instead.
    • Total boring and uninspired depthless PvP since Game release, absolutely no innovations heres. Stronghold flopped and has been instantly abandoned, ridiculous!!
      What a wasted time, that is is just better to erase that stuff completely out of the game again better and PvP right with it too, if they just don't finally do something about this game mode, to make it more interestign and worthy again for the ESL to consider taking GW2 back into their program for ESports, cause GW2 kind of lived also from the sponsoring money that ANet received for Esports surely - but for this needs GW2 better PvP modes and naturalyl a significantly better balanced game, what will happen only, of the Combat System's key elements get finally reworked and rebalanced to the current state of the game, than to keep those mechanicers forever under their outdated old 2012er state designs.
      These don't work properly balanced anymore at all together now with Elite Specs, the Rev, new Boons and Conditions beign in the game now ect.
      All things, which need to get reconsidered and rebalanced in all Combat System related gameplay mechanics - from Health System, to Upgrades, to Attributes, to Skills and Traits as well as like too Boons and Conditions - all of this is the full extent of the Combat System of GW2, not just only Skills and Traits, like it seems, that this is the limited scope of competence to work on, which Anet has since 6 years over their own game ...sadly, or wants to work on only, because for everything else they miss on the ressources to do so, but if that would be really the case here now, then I think ANet would never be so honest with us to admit this, if it would be true what I''m assuming here, cause 6 years have been already more than enough time to admit something like that, if the ressources that Anet has simply aren't enough to give this game the full scaled balance patches, that this game of this caliber would require, to bring it back on track correctly and properly with all of the combat system mechanics.

Thats basically the reasons, why I'm only playing this game still for the time, when a living story episode got releasef, because the games story is basically currently the only thing left over in what I'm still interested on in this game..everything else has been destroyed for me by Anet over the time with their bad design decisions and their inability to balance this games combat system mechanics properly.
    Doing permanently only number changes on skills and traits is POINTLESS, its no solution, it moves the problems only from one side to another to change the favor of the 3 months builds eventually only...
    But aside of living story, I'm inactive.. play no pvp, especialyl no WvW at all anymore, because this unbalanced kitten with all its 1hit kill builds, the condi/effect spam ect. has become just intollerateable and unbearable to the point, that playing this game in any competitive way makes absolutely no fun at all anymore to me.

I definetely hope, that this game reaches somewhen again the point, where I want to play its PvP/WvW, because of these elements making in a competitive way again fun and are balanced, due to Anet having updated finalyl all of its outdated combat system elements to the fact, that the game isn#t by far anymore the same, how it was 6 years ago, and that too much things have been changed, to constantly keep these too old 2012er mechanics which can't handle this games current powercreep at all.
    Thats when I will likely become again an active player... but before this is happening, I#ve likely become until then already rather an active FF14 player either, or some kind of other new and better MMORPG will likely drawn my attention in to rarther play that actively,if I see by this time it as not worthy anymore to keep on waiting on Anet, that they get their game#s combat system again properly balanced in all of its aspects.

Cassandra Lancaster - Achievement Hunter - 28,9k AP currently - Server: Drakkar Lake/EU - Mastery Rank of 254
    I'm the proud Origin of the Elite Specializations Concept (Sub Classes) through the last made CDI Project.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.