ep 4.3 bug. Forearmed is forewarned is broken

After lots of logging attempts to get in on any of my chars (around 4pm German time), I managed to get in after 15 minutes. From then I have had no issue with disconnects on this story part or Kourna map. (I didn't attempt the next instance story that ppl say its bugged tho).

However, in the robot arm part with stealth (idk how to hide spoilers in forum -.-) I killed catapults before we actually got that step... Making my story stuck as my game missed 2 catapults on the follow up step. Entering guild hall, leave it and start over did fix it for me tho... But it may be smart to rule out such bugs as you normally kill all you see that attacks you :P I had no issue with stealth itself (figured you had to be in range of the mobs or it does nothing).

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Mahari.9720" said:I get to using the "Use triboelectrocution on Awakened step and then it wont register me using the skill. I can move around and the mob still moves but the story doesn't progress. I can even let the stun dart timer time out and restun, to no avail. Restarted PC several times, restarted instance, went and did other stuff and came back... always sticks here. https://www.screencast.com/t/KZjqaJUyl6s

I had that. Did you try going behind the mob and right up close to it? Not sure if design or bug but it wouldnt register for me either unless i did that. That was assuming the stun attack didnt just pass right through it.....

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Mahari.9720" said:I get to using the "Use triboelectrocution on Awakened step and then it wont register me using the skill. I can move around and the mob still moves but the story doesn't progress. I can even let the stun dart timer time out and restun, to no avail. Restarted PC several times, restarted instance, went and did other stuff and came back... always sticks here.

I had that. Did you try going behind the mob and right up close to it? Not sure if design or bug but it wouldnt register for me either unless i did that. That was assuming the stun attack didnt just pass right through it.....

It was working after the first update but for me it does not work after the current

@"Maethor.2810" said:Having an issue with this myself. A friend and I are going through it and all is fine up until the part where you need to blow up seige engines. We've destroyed all of them but it is stuck on 6/8 and nothing will progress.

Having this same issue. Bugged at 6/8 siege engines. I'm not sure, but I believe it may be because we had destroyed 2 when on the "Survey the battlefield around Gandara." step with the micro cloud ability when going to scout the area on top of the hill.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"Xykris.6758" said:Nothing Fixed at all! got in, crashed, now I'm getting this:
uih8Sjg.jpg

This AM, cannot login to ANY character in the Crystal Desert areas. Login to basic GW2 "seems to be" ok-- I am able to login to LA and Black Citadel. But otherwise, just get "Network Error" Code 1083:5:7:1596:101". Since this the ONLY site that gives me this error (my internet connection works fine everyplace else), I can only "presume" that this is an ANET server issue. I'm now going to run a GW2 Diagnostics and will add the report.

Don't know if this will be of ANY assistance to you (or just wasting space) but here's my latest Diagnostics report.ArenaNet diagnostic utility [61265]

MODERATOR EDIT: REPORT REMOVED AS IT CONTAINED PII.

I wanted to mention that we removed the diagnostic report, for security reasons. I've let the devs know that it's available if they need it. I will delete the file tonight if the report is not needed.

UPDATE: @undouble.1472 -- Can you tell me when the report was created and what problem you were experiencing?

Sorry Gail------I never saw your response. To answer your question, I was continually getting DC'd, and to eliminate my pc (or IP) as the source, ran the GW2 Diagnostics (from my GW2 download) on the 27th. I had previously run it in early May just as a "current" reference.

@fett.9573 said:

@"Maethor.2810" said:Having an issue with this myself. A friend and I are going through it and all is fine up until the part where you need to blow up seige engines. We've destroyed all of them but it is stuck on 6/8 and nothing will progress.

Having this same issue. Bugged at 6/8 siege engines. I'm not sure, but I believe it may be because we had destroyed 2 when on the "Survey the battlefield around Gandara." step with the micro cloud ability when going to scout the area on top of the hill.

I can confirm that, actually! We went back and attempted it again and when I saw where all of the map markers were, I did recall that we ended up getting annoyed at one of the catapults on the hill when we were up there before.

• 3 weeks later...

@jshock.9762 said:I'm having a different problem on the same part. When I need to go through the portal it basically just loads Kourna and does not continue the story, keeps stating I need to go through the portal when I already have done

After watching some videos online, it appears that the mission should continue and I shouldn't see the camp already setup. I tried quitting the episode, replaying another, then quitting that one and starting this one again, this made me go through the steps of talking to the ghost queens and going through the dialogue of Blish losing their arm. Still just loads into the Kourna instance instead of the living story

@Siffer.8524 said:Having same problem as @jshock.9762 - Story quest log wants me to go through protal and when I do nothing really happens except transporting me to a camp in Korna - no progression. Quest still wants me to go through the portal.

same here, i tried relogging, going through the portal again and even restarting the chapter, nothing worked

• 2 months later...

So I'm stuck at "weaken enemy defenses. Listen to Taimi." I got out of the mission zone but I believe I didn't finish it completely yet. Anyway now I travelled to the green star on the map in Kourna but there's nothing there, I can't enter anything.

In what way should I continue? Any help would be appreciated

• 1 month later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

Note that the instance entry for Chapter 3 is by the Tomb of Primeval Kings in Desert Oasis, not Kourna. In Chapter 4, a portal to Jahai Bluffs becomes available, so the game is trying to be helpful and directing you to go through the Bluffs to get back to the Oasis, but it doesn't realize that you haven't unlocked the portal yet.

• 1 month later...

I stuck at Living World Season 4, Chapter 3 Long Live the Litch @ Forearmed Is Forewarned: Retrieve Blish's arm : Enter the portal. Once I enter the portal, the Storyline does not update the progress, so i cant proceed further. Please let me know how to solve this bug.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It's not a portal you enter, but a story instance (window) like all other story instances.

I have redo it many times yesterday. All drain my silver coins. Today, I tried again, it is working now. The story continue as it should be.

For those who has the same problem, just try to continue in next 24 hours like me. Perhaps it will help you. Have fun in the game!

• 1 year later...

this quest sucks so hard and bugged AF. i´ve spend 4 hours on it. I´m out of this game this is so frustrating! Do you not playtest this? Implement Option to skip dialogue until then im not coming back to this game. damn im so sad i spend money on this crap

• 2 weeks later...