Running 2 different gw2 accounts on the same pc

Zaraki.5784

I used to do that, actually. Log in accounts on adjacent computers for things like the jungle wurm or fire elemental daily. One would preferably be a turret-engineer and I'd just hit 1 when appropriate while participating more fully on my main. Of course, I would have to sit in front of that computer to navigate and park the character prior to the event, then switch to the other computer to do the same.

Lately I've been doing multibox, and that just to harvest the home nodes on all accounts.

I don't get how/why ANet allows people to have multiple accounts. What is the point of not just a second account (which I'd understand for ppl who play on two different regions' servers) but also a third, fourth, etc. other than farming gold and daily rewards and getting unfair advantages over others? It should be against the EULA.

• Confused 1

Each of those additional accounts will need to have purchased at least the Heart of Thorns expanion in order for any other account to benefit from it. When you say "farming gold" then that makes no sense because during the time one person would use this additional account to "farm gold" he could just do this on his main account instead.

The difference is that additional accounts are able to get daily rewards, but most of these are account bound. While over time there will be some accumulation of gold that you can make from daily rewards that can be sold/traded, you seem to want to create a problem where there is no problem. The person who made an additional account has spent the price of 30€ (I don't know the US$ price) for the expansion. If he had instead spent this money to buy gems, he would have gotten around 2400 gems, which he then could have exchanged for roughly 500 gold using the normal gem->gold function.

You are welcome to to the math of how many month a person would need to daily log in this 30€ expensive dummy account to generate a benefit of more than 500 gold.This might be a reason why it is not against the EULA, and why freetoplay accounts do not have the ability to give anything away to another account. Don't assume that ArenaNet was not smart enough to foresee a behaviour that you think "should be against the EULA".

@Ashantara.8731 said:I don't get how/why ANet allows people to have multiple accounts. What is the point of not just a second account (which I'd understand for ppl who play on two different regions' servers) but also a third, fourth, etc. other than farming gold and daily rewards and getting unfair advantages over others? It should be against the EULA.

This feels like a stretch. It’s time invested on one account or spread across several. There’s no unfair advantage to be had. Player A. manipulates 5 accounts manually doing dailies while player B. spends an equal amount of time farming Istan... I feel like player B comes out way ahead for the same time invested.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I don't get how/why ANet allows people to have multiple accounts.You don't think they like getting an extra US$15-40?

What is the point of not just a second account (which I'd understand for ppl who play on two different regions' servers) but also a third, fourth, etc. other than farming gold and daily rewards60 gold per month from dailies alone, which can be efficiently done in 5 minutes per two accounts, using alt-tab. Throw in free laurels & mystic coins.

and getting unfair advantages over others?What "unfair" advantages? Why shouldn't people who spend more money on an extra account have access to the same things that all other accounts have?

It should be against the EULA.Can you clarify the argument as to why this is an issue? How does it hurt the game? How does it hurt ANet? How does it hurt other players? These are the thing the EULA is constructed to protect.

The "advantages" of extra accounts are as stated above, plus the "1/day" limits. I don't use any of my extra 6 accounts for crafting, but do some festival 1/day stuff.

Games like GW2 really reward focused play. In general, one character doing everything, completing achievements, finishing story, etc, equals more rewards than spreading playing time over multiple characters and accounts. Unless, of course, one has endless time to devote to the game, then it wouldn't matter so much, I suppose.

So while I benefit from the many accounts and characters (70ish), I also suffer from the time spent to at a minimum log them in to collect a reward (node, chest, daily) or heaven forbid play them for any duration, since that time takes away from advancing a "main."

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you know how to play multiple accounts at one time its way more profitable than just one. I have 4 accounts on 3 monitors, and individually click for each one and could farm more than a single account for the time spent by far but it was work. i have well over 60 characters and had most 50 at various levels parked at chests to open daily, had a toon for each acct. to farm keys when I got bored that also hit my home instant everyday. My 80's would farm every event possible. Took a lot of organization and time but i was opening up 15 times more of each event chest. Seasonal events don't get me started Red envelopes being able to buy as many i could paid for my accounts in one shot. A year ago after Halloween and Xmas event i had burned myself out and quit playing for a year till PoF came out and then i only played one account. For the record most get multiple accounts for the storage. For $10 you get the bank which is 90 slots i believe to start, character slots with bag slots you could max and when I did them I made a guild for each one and maxed out the guild storage. Mine are all packed full of stuff, waiting for my return :). Multi Box used to refer to controlling multiple accounts at the same time which do exist and is bannable. Multi client is running multiple accounts at once but having to click individually (gaming mouse and keyboard recommended). Hope this info sheds little light on why some have so many. MY GL had 10 Accounts and his main was #1 on GW2efficiency.