[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

On occasion when the New Event Nearby text pops up, going to Map doesn't always show where it is until you travel in the direction of the event. Since not everyone has every event memorized and requesting events in chat for dailies does not always garner a quick reply... wondering if Anet could add an Arrow that pops up below the text with a generalized direction on which to travel to reach said event.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is really annoying as I don't even have the two expansions on my account that it requires to unlock Mastery of. Please Please Please for Gods sake stop it from repeatedly poping up on my characters every time I fight something. It doesn't even apply to me at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Go figure.I've run into this garbage, too.It's a horrible, annoying distraction and needs to be ripped out of the game with prejudice, the same way it rips me clear out of it.This has made the game supremely unenjoyable for me.

• 2 weeks later...

@Nodorf.6580 said:

@OroCrimson.3618 said:This is completely ruining the game for me. I've not completed the story and therefore don't have access to masteries in the first place. Please fix this ArenaNet. This has been an issue for at least 4 months apparently. This is unacceptable.

June 18 and still an issue...

June 22nd, and yep, still happening. If the pop-up were less obtrusive, or less frequent, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But no, its big, its obnoxious, and it pops up every. single. time. I kill something. This is completely unacceptable. I shouldn't have to skip a bunch of story content just to get rid of an issue that should never have existed to begin with.

Yeah I just boosted my first character to 80 and enjoying the story, but I had to google how to disable this mastery pop up it covers my chat window all the time, it's a shame there seems to be no way to stop it without skipping ahead. I'd rather do the story in order...

• 4 weeks later...

I like the daily chores in my home instance. When I log in, I check the dailies and rush to the home instance to harvest. Usually it completes a daily too. It's a fix point in my playtime when I can greet the online guild members and friends and talk about the plans for the day. If they make a service to collect all of the nodes (maybe a cute sylvari for plants, a big ugly charr for mining and a norn for chopping wood) I'll buy them or get them if they story related, but never use them. I just like to do it myself ;)

The point is that this is another variation of one of the most common requests: can someone please either play the game for me, or have the game play itself for me. If you don't find the game fun, don't play. Now of course there may be only certain aspects you don't like (I don't like JPs - should I have the option of a non-mesmer insta-port so I don't have to waste time?). But if they gave in to all these requests there would be no aspect of the game you couldn't opt to skip. So there has to be a compelling reason to abandon the current system, which there isn't. Just people not wanting to play.

I actually suggest this often myself:

"Black Lion Gathering Assistant"

• Gathers all nodes in the home instance for you by talking to them. All nodes are quickly used up and you get the materials in your bags. Make sure you have room or you'll get Encumbered!
  • You will be basically 'lending' your tools to the NPC, so tools with uses will lose them, nodes will be left not gathered if you run out of uses, and If you have equipped tools with sigils or special gathering effects that produce bonus materials when talking with the assistant, they would be considered to produce bonus materials.
  • It will also open chests if you have keys for them.
  • Price would be something like 1000 gems, with a fee of 50 copper per node; or 2000 gems and has no extra fees.

@"Biff.5312" said:The point is that this is another variation of one of the most common requests: can someone please either play the game for me, or have the game play itself for me. If you don't find the game fun, don't play. Now of course there may be only certain aspects you don't like (I don't like JPs - should I have the option of a non-mesmer insta-port so I don't have to waste time?). But if they gave in to all these requests there would be no aspect of the game you couldn't opt to skip. So there has to be a compelling reason to abandon the current system, which there isn't. Just people not wanting to play.

"Constantly pressing F" is by far one of the most boring tasks one can perform.To the point Gathering needs an overhaul that encourages exploration over repetition, making it less about pressing F, and more about finding and reaching more nodes.Like making all nodes account wide so they can't be gathered extra times with other characters, but in exchange giving them an accumulative daily login bonus that stacks up to 28 logins. So finding a rich node you haven't gathered in 28 days would give you way more materials per swing than gathering the same one over and over.More events would reveal nodes when completed like "Kill Korritkir the Chucker" and "Return the arboreal spirit to its husk, and drive away the hylek" do.More jumping puzzles and mini-dungeons would have nodes that become available to gather when they are completed without using teleportations.World bosses could be considered nodes after training a Mastery, letting players gather their remains for materials, like getting Corrupted cores and lodestones from remaining ice shards after defeating the the Claw, or Branded cores from fallen Shatterer's pieces.

If they ever add fishing, it better not be a "press F" kind of thing, we have 10 skills slots, more than enough to have a fishing mastery system that unlocks fishing skills, baits to craft with cooking and huntsman to catch different kinds of fish all over the world, bait recipes to learn from regional fishing masters that teach us more recipes as we catch harder and harder fish and show our trophies to them, and of course a fishing collection for each region with all the fish you can catch there, from the basic ones to the Legendary ones.
But definitely not pressing F.Pressing F once in a while is fine, all the time is too boring.

I use rata sum for the layout, even though the jade node makes me angry every time I see it hidden away. The black lions gathering board was a colossal waste for the returns, so maybe that could be reworked to do the home instance? It's already on a delivery schedule, you get what's there in a nice little bundle and off you go onto the next great adventure. I'd buy it.

As we all know, with each new LS map, we get a new node for our home instance. Thus, as time advances, collecting everything that our home instance has is starting to become a real chore, to the point that sometimes I'd rather just not do it. However, it does feel like a waste leaving all those nodes there waiting to be gathered.

So I was thinking, why not have an asuran tech gizmo that would allow us to remotely gather everything available in our home instance? It could be like the guild hall synthesizers, displaying a hologram of stuff as it gets gathered. The idea is that instead of running all over the place, pressing F next to each and every node, you'd just run up to your gizmo, press F, and go have some coffee while everything gets gathered up (obviously, the required tools, if any, would still be checked for and consumed).

To me, this would be such a great quality of life addition I would pay some serious gems for it, personally I'd even say this QoS is worth 2k gems for myself, that's how annoying it is having to loot my home instance everyday xD