[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I totally missed this discussion when it first came up. And it wasn't actually that long ago...

I'll just say, that a home instance gatherer wouldn't actually yield any returns for a few years (given that most of the home node unlockables cost 50g each, and the gizmo itself would probably go for no less than 1k gems), so it's not going to break the game in any way that may actually matter. All it will do is save a few minutes of daily time for the poor people who actually spent hundreds of gold on nodes that aren't yielding any returns until the end of the game's life.

So, really, it's a QoS which isn't even as impactful as many other items in the gems store (I am looking at you, instant level 80 boost).

PS: Having spent [50g x node] for a bunch of nodes that I am suddenly too lazy to harvest daily, because of how much time it takes, is gonna feel like an even greater waste of gold than it was to acquire the nodes in the first place :x

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:Convenience only goes so far. At some point it becomes detrimental to the game. I've seen people ask for practically anything you can think of to make things easier for them, or to save time, some of it positively ludicrous. I would not buy such an item because I do not want to encourage a practice that, in my opinion, can give people more options to play the game less.

Yeah, not having to spend 5+ minutes in solitude in a non-gameplay instance doing nothing of importance would be
such
a detriment to an MMO. I don't think the game can survive people not running the same circuit of nodes time and time again, all by themselves without anyone even aware they're doing it.

Home instance is a daily event in my guild. Every day at reset and often after, I take groups of people into my home instance. We're all on voice chatting the whole time...well most of us are. I usually do 3 full home instance runs right at reset, back to back.

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:Yeah, not having to spend 5+ minutes in solitude in a non-gameplay instance doing nothing of importance would be such a detriment to an MMO. I don't think the game can survive people not running the same circuit of nodes time and time again, all by themselves without anyone even aware they're doing it.

Maybe you haven't realized but a very big portion of the time you spend playing this game is actually spent on "non-gameplay". You can reduce every little and seemingly unimportant thing to its core but in the end you will be left with something that does not resemble a game, a raw idea.

To be clear, I am not claiming that implementing the tool that OP is suggesting will break the game and strip it off its essence but rather that we must be very careful not to get caught up in the "zeroing game".

@Eme.2018 said:

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:Yeah, not having to spend 5+ minutes in solitude in a non-gameplay instance doing nothing of importance would be
such
a detriment to an MMO. I don't think the game can survive people not running the same circuit of nodes time and time again, all by themselves without anyone even aware they're doing it.

Maybe you haven't realized but a very big portion of the time you spend playing this game is actually spent on "non-gameplay".All the more reason to minimize instances of it that we can.

Just give it the Black Lion Hunter's Board treatment.. Mail all my home instance node materials. Leave such things like chests that require keys, that you have to manually open. The less work I have to do on such repetitive stuff the happier I am. I'm already using Glyph of Industry for my home instance because of how long it takes to go through it.

I'd be down with this.Because I forgot those nodes even existed until I saw this.

Plus if you want to do "it makes lore sense", you can pull that too.Just make it a Pact person who was injured in some battle who volunteers to do it for the Commander so that they don't feel useless. Or make a race-specific one, because what self-respecting Asura is going to walk their happy butt back to their house every day to mine those things instead of just making a cheap golem to do it for them?

@"CamoBadger.8531" said:I'd be down with this.Because I forgot those nodes even existed until I saw this.

Plus if you want to do "it makes lore sense", you can pull that too.Just make it a Pact person who was injured in some battle who volunteers to do it for the Commander so that they don't feel useless. Or make a race-specific one, because what self-respecting Asura is going to walk their happy butt back to their house every day to mine those things instead of just making a cheap golem to do it for them?

Although I'd never buy that gizmo, you do have a point there!"I killed two Elder Dragons and one God and now I'll go gather my nodes!"

Well if they add that I do hope they add a gizmo that lets me auto complete random content(raids, fractals, dungeons, pvp, wvw, world bosses, [put whatever you find annoying to do every day here]) every day.I'll pay up to 8k gems for it. :)

Anyway if you find gathering the home nodes annoying just don't do it.We already got 50% gathering speed tools so use them.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:All the more reason to minimize instances of it that we can.

Not necessarily, this ambient type of game-play is a big part of the overall RPG experience. But lets get to the point.

@"Linken.6345" said:Why stop there why not have your servant mail the materials to so you dont have to go into home instance at all

And I continue , "Why not remove the nodes all together and just pay a sum of gold for some extra daily rewards, they serve no actual purpose".

You can sense where I am going with this. All of a sudden, you are playing the paperclip game, the only thing you see are the mere numbers.

You might not have a problem with that, many like to play in the trading post after all. Still don't think it is the right turn for the game. And let us not forget, the nodes were added as an incentive to get us to visit our home instances. If something like that was to be implemented it would be a 180 degree turn from the point of Anet.

@Eme.2018 said:

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:All the more reason to minimize instances of it that we can.

Not necessarily, this ambient type of game-play is a big part of the overall RPG experience. But lets get to the point.

It's a part I can do without. Some others too, witness this topic. Making it a gem store purchase would let all of us tailor the game to our preferences. Besides, a colorful implementation could add to the RPG experience. An NPC in the instance who works for us might actually make us feel like a "commander", which would be nice after hearing ourselves be called "commander" hundreds of times without any real merit to the title at all.

@Talindra.4958 said:I know it's probably quite mad to ask for this.... We all know time is essence .. is it too much to ask for a tool in home instance upon interact it auto mine every home instance nodes into inventory xD anet can sell this tool in tp :p

If you don't have the time to gather them then skip them. Focus your time on something else.

If you examine the MMO genre, the business model succeeds when players spend time in game. This is so if there is a subscription. It's also so if there is a store -- after all, people who don't spend significant time in a game aren't going to buy "store stuff." If you examine the types of things that most MMO's provide to keep people in games, there is a lot of busywork. MMO's, essentially, are mostly about spending your time. A different take on that would be "wasting your time."

This type of gameplay works for a lot of people because it's something to do, much as is watching TV. I doubt the OP's request would break the business model. However, it would be one more step toward convenience and time-saving in a genre that thrives on the opposite.

This is really annoying, I have both expansions and did spent some 6 mastery points for all three branches. Still nagging on everyting, especially now, I've found some jumping puzzle or something "Second Aetherblade Site" which makes the stupid pop-up appear constantly on being ejected by the pads. Make it timed or something, IDK. Just not like it is now. :angry: >:C

@"Khallexziel.4327" said:This is really annoying, I have both expansions and did spent some 6 mastery points for all three branches. Still nagging on everyting, especially now, I've found some jumping puzzle or something "Second Aetherblade Site" which makes the stupid pop-up appear constantly on being ejected by the pads. Make it timed or something, IDK. Just not like it is now. :angry: >:C

Then, you are experiencing a different issue than what is being discussed in this thread. Have you tried a -repair of the client, or contacting the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below?