Anyone manage to defeat Turai Ossa in Crown Pavilion?

@Vavume.8065 said:Have you completed the 8 orbs liadri achievement? personally I thought that was harder than Turai.

Not yet, but technically it should be easier. You have to lure several Visions at once into the whirly thingy, no? I will let you know how it went. :)

@"Malediktus.9250" said:It is, Turai is so easy to cheese with mesmer, dragon hunter or firebrand

Pfft! "Easy" in your book doesn't mean easy for everyone. If you're tired and no longer have the speedy reflexes of a teen (and also are a skill clicker like myself), it can be quite challenging. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Malediktus.9250" said:You do not need good reflexes to spam blocks, invuln and dodges.

How can you possibly "spam" them when they all have cooldowns? :o Also, yes, you
do
need reflexes to dodge at the right second. ;)

You have so many to choose from that basically one of them would be up at any given time until the cc bar happens. Also dodge is basically a 0.75s invuln frame, that is long enough for even 50 year olds

@"Malediktus.9250" said:You have so many to choose from that basically one of them would be up at any given time until the cc bar happens.

There are still time frames in between, no matter how small - therefore, "spamming" is incorrect.

Also dodge is basically a 0.75s invuln frame, that is long enough for even 50 year olds

I don't have trouble dodging, but - as I said - you need to time it, not do it randomly, or you will quickly run out of endurance.

Obviously everything takes time - the question is if it is a relevant amount of time for the average GW2 player. The biggest challenge about Turai is figuring out that you just have to stay alive until the breakbars are done, after that you burst him in a few seconds. After you realised this it is easier than Liadri even with 3 orbs

the fight is pretty much built around blocking attacks, which is lame for classes have little or non blocking skills.

seems like most CC doesnt work on him, I tried Signet of Spite (5sec blind for the next attack) on him, still get stabbed in the face down to <50% hp with trailblazer gear on his first leap attack

I had a tough time too but did eventually beat him. This person here made a neat video beating him on all 9 classes that was helpful to me and might give you some ideas too:

I used my DH, mainly because that's my main and I'm not quite good enough on any of my other classes. Some tips for guardians based on my experience and the build I used:1) you need to avoid him for two parts of the fight until he jumps to the middle to then throw his shield and his sword. dodge/block those then break his breakbar.2) Retreat! is an excellent skill for helping you avoid him. the block is helpful and the swiftness is HUGE.3) time your wings of resolve as an evade.4) take renewed focus to get some invuln and renew your virtues.5) get as many blocks as you can. I used retreat, shield 4, focus 5, virtue 3, and shelter for the heal skill. all of those together helped me survive and evade.

hope some of this helps anyone still stuck, good luck beating him before the end of the festival!

Did it with Firebrand. Took 3 tries to get the block/blind timing down, but otherwise was trivial. He dies in about 10 seconds once you get past both break bars. Liadri was much harder, although even that was mostly due to lag caused by the boss fights below ruining my dodge timing.

If you guys want a real challenge, do it on a Core Necro :P

@Ashantara.8731 said:

• Use Sw/F to avoid him (block, dodge, jump w/ F2, pick up Shards of Faith if available, or just evade while running), until the center fight
  • Use Sword skill 2 to teleport to him, if you have no dodge left against his ranged attack!
  • Tether him w/ F1, use Focus skill 4, quickly lay traps (elite skill first!) and switch to GS for burst damage and additional CC
  • Quickly get away from him as soon as he starts dealing damage again
  • Repeat

The best way to deal with Turai is using a Greatsword on a Ranger or Guardian. Both have a leap skill on 3, Leap of Faith for Guardian and Swoop for Ranger. They are both on the same 12 sec cooldown and allow you to get distance from Turai, use swiftness, stay near the edge of the arena and use your skill 3 when off cooldown. You can survive his attacks very easily that way, he won't be able to reach you.

@Shyguy.1936 said:Does anyone know a good vid showing someone doing this with a core necro? Or some tips?

Kinda hard as core necro as you have to dodge often. Scourge is easier. Use endurance food and turret will help.You only have to break his bar once. Then even if he downs you you can finish him. Dont forget to cc him again when he comes back to mid.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@"Shyguy.1936" said:Does anyone know a good vid showing someone doing this with a core necro? Or some tips?

Kinda hard as core necro as you have to dodge often. Scourge is easier. Use endurance food and turret will help.You only have to break his bar once. Then even if he downs you you can finish him. Dont forget to cc him again when he comes back to mid.

I was asking because I don't have expansions (or other chars on lvl 80)^^ But I killed him a few times since then, he's actually easier than Liadri. Here's a video, if anyone needs help:

Done it with my marauder Herald after 10-ish tries while experimenting how to save up energy for the stun breaker.

Shiro and Glint Stances

Sword/Shield and Staff

Devastation - Vicious Laceration, Assassin's Presence and Swift TerminationInvocation - Forceful Persistence, Incensed Response and Rolling MistsHerald - Hardening Persistence, Bolster Fortification and Elder's Force

I started the fight with Impossible Odds activated to make sure to stay away from Turai. Important to note that he can easily catch up with the leaps so got to dodge them. I have used Riposting Shadows to evade the 2 leaps. If done correctly, should have around 50% of energy left on the bar still when Turai go to the center for the throwing shield animation.I used Jade Wings to break his bar and the remain of energy with Impossible Odds activated to dps fast. Once the energy was close to be depleted, I have switched for glint stance, used Facet of Elements and Element Blast and staff 5, Surge of The Mists, to make sure he doesn't go back to the center. I activated Facet Strength and Darkness for boons for a few seconds and then Burst of Strength and Gaze of Darkness to not consume all the energy. A quick activation of Facet of Nature and then One with Nature right away and Facet of Chaos and Chaotic Release to cc Turai once again. Between the attacks I'd avoid being hit with the major attacks by using Warding Rift and Unrelenting Assault along with Envoy of Exuberance and Crystal Hibernation from shield skills and swapping legendary stances for energy and stun break if got hit by the stomp.

If memory doesn't fail, there was still 30-ish seconds on the timer when landed the final blow on Turai Ossa.

I didn't think I'd be able to best Turai Ossa, but it was extremely satisfying to be able to as a Soulbeast with my Greatsword. Doubly satisfying was the fact that I didn't have to kite /flee around the arena (I despise kiting mechanics in any mmo), and I missed one of the dodges when he goes to the middle the second time. Now I'm your average skilled player at best, so I believe if I can best it anyone can. I hope this gives hope to others.

• 1 year later...

Curses 2-2-3Soul reaping 2-3-3Scourge 3-2-2

Traveler’s Rune

ShadefireTrial of AnguishTeleport shadeWyrm teleportBreach of Torment

Took 20 attempts to learn mechanics. Probably more to not die in 30 seconds.

No matter what class you play, you need + endurance regeneration food to help you dodge more. A must have for Scourge anyway.