BUG: Guardians and Renewed Justice

Hello, guardians' F1 does not renew on some mobs when using renewed justice. Presumably, this is because the mobs do not give XP. Dead-eye's got fixed to where any kill will trigger the reset as intended, can guardians get this change too. Fixing this would make the trait more reliable and a lot more fun.

I don't play Thief but if they have a similar skill that triggers on ANY death, then Renewed Justice should work like that too! Even the official wiki says: "This trait's effect may randomly fail to activate despite meeting the conditions." This is unacceptable, please fix!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone know if there's ever been an official response on this one? It's been an issue since release as far as I know. I'd love to know if it really is a "bug", or if it's "by design". If by design, would be curious to know why. It's especially frustrating in events where enemies spawn rapidly and are the kind that don't grant XP. Thus Renewed Justice never works. It really puts a damper on playstyle to have this trait not working in those situations.

• 2 years later...

Came here looking to see if this was a bug or if I misunderstood something: yup, it does seem to sometimes not trigger. No idea why. I'm just playing core guardian in case it matters.

Edit: I think the comment about it being due to non-xp giving mobs is right. I just came back to the game after a several year hiatus and have just been doing story/living world missions. When I'm in these, I notice that killing a mob won't reset the virtue. But if I'm in a non-instance like doing stuff in the regular world, it resets upon killing a mob (and said mob grants me XP).

Edited by Architekt.2047