[EU/International] 7y old guild The Angels Of Dawn [TAOD] [Raids&PvE]

Darren.5931

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there! The description of the guild sounds like what i'm interested in. I'm a PVE enthusiast and don't care that much for PVP (but WVW sounds nice and I wouldn't mind trying it at some point as long as there's someone to give a few pointers). I've played GW2 a total of 6 months in the last almost 2 years during which time I managed to ascended gear a DH and a Scourge, and plan to also play a druid/BS warr (not yet decided which I like more). I also have 254 mastery points, 100 personal fractal level and farm T4 daily, did 99 CM (but only once and never bothered again because it always seemed hard to get a decent grp while pugging).What I want to try now is Raiding. I have 0 experience in GW2 raids, but am a seasoned wow player in a top 500 guild, so the concept is not at all new to me. With a bit of time invested in researching the scripts/mechanics of the bosses and some hands-on experience I think I can become quite a reliable member for a raid team. I'm also willing to learn and adapt based on the raid team's needs and above everything else I'm a transparent person (no... not a ghost..) as in I'll always own my mistakes, admit when I make them and learn from them. If there is someone willing to teach me, I am willing to learn! At the same time I appreciate constructive criticism and I consider it a good way (if not the best) to learn.As a specific concern, my job doesn't allow me to commit to any activities before 19:00 GTM +2 so it's up to you to decide if this is good enough for your standards and expectations. Aside from the time-frame element, I want to point out that I left the WoW scene because I simply didn't enjoy the elitism anymore, and I am no longer willing to put in multiple hours a day (more than 6) in a grindy fashion... So in short... I'm all for progress as long as it's fun at the same time, and I cannot commit to spending 4 hours a night in a grp, 3-4 days a week. I'd say that @ 6 hours a week spread across 2-3 days is what I can generally offer.Another important aspect I want to mention is that I'm looking for a guild to enjoy my time playing GW2 with. I already have a stressful job that takes away 8-12 hours of my life 5-6 days a week, therefore I'm looking for a relaxed atmosphere within GW2. I'm all for following some rules, and respecting certain standards as far as being part of a community goes, but again, more focused on the "banter" and "having fun" part of being in a guild. I'm a really open-minded person and I'm up for joining some discord channel and talk all sorts of !@#$ and making friends. That's actually the most important part of a guild for me. In the end it's called a "game" for a reason right? it's supposed to be fun :P.Now if you've bothered reaching this far into this block of text that most human beings would simply describe as "cr!@" first of all I want to thank you for taking the time, and ask you to let me know if you think i'd be a good fit for your guild. Let me know if more info is needed. I'll do my best to answer any questions!Have a great and wonderful day fellas!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so after i joined this guild there was never like anyone on discord except like 2hrs a week to do a little raiding and the only guild chat talk was welcoming people to a 6 year old guildtruth is they are a 6 year old almost inactive guild

• 2 weeks later...