Official NA Power Rankings — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Official NA Power Rankings

Mike.4830Mike.4830 Member

This is a ranking of the current skill level of each player on the list. Some players may not have logged on in a bit but their rankings represent where they would stand if they played a game today. I've played and won ESL tournaments, ToLs, ToGs, Mistpedias, and so many other tournaments throughout my "career" as a competitive GW2 player under the name "Backpack". While this list is posted by me, it has almost none of my input, the rankings were formulated by consulting with over 15 top players from the current top NA competitive teams in addition to reviewing footage from recent monthlies, and the Mist tournament, and UGOs before their break. While I only play the game casually now and am probably a bronze tier player at this point I can still view todays competition in a "balanced light."

Mechanical skill incorporates decision making (stomping, cleaving, targeting), interrupting key skills, 1v1 abilities, tracking cool downs, understanding every classes abilities and vulnerabilities, dodging, staying alive outnumbered, etc. Conquest skill incorporates map awareness, being able to use terrain, understanding rotations, openers, counter rotations, knowing each classes role in conquest, communication, stalling, regrouping, etc. The rankings which can range from 0-100 represent the overall combined value that they would bring to a team. With 100 meaning that player is as valuable to a team as anyone else at that rating and more valuable than everyone below their rating. A rank of "20" doesn't mean this player is in the 20% of the game, it simply is relative to the top where skill scales exponentially. A "20" on this list is a better player than 99% of the pvp population.

Power_Rankings_August.png

<1

Comments

  • Very accurate rankings! I agree completely

  • Before a bunch of golds/silvers come in saying "THERE'S ALREADY A STICKIED THREAD!".

    Thankfully this is probably one of the most accurate lists provided and isn't 100% a meme. Although obviously there is a lot of my own personal bias on some player's, I can agree to a large extent on these :+1:

  • I would've thought I rated higher on both categories but eh. I know my knowledge from classes comes only really from fighting them so much and not playing them myself so my mechanical ability does suffer.

  • Troll.7854Troll.7854 Member ✭✭
    edited August 8, 2018

    @Mike.4830 said:
    This is a ranking of the current skill level of each player on the list. Some players may not have logged on in a bit but their rankings represent where they would stand if they played a game today. I've played and won ESL tournaments, ToLs, ToGs, Mistpedias, and so many other tournaments throughout my "career" as a competitive GW2 player under the name "Backpack". While this list is posted by me, it has almost none of my input, the rankings were formulated by consulting with over 15 top players from the current top NA competitive teams in addition to reviewing footage from recent monthlies, and the Mist tournament, and UGOs before their break. While I only play the game casually now and am probably a bronze tier player at this point I can still view todays competition in a "balanced light."

    Mechanical skill incorporates decision making (stomping, cleaving, targeting), interrupting key skills, 1v1 abilities, tracking cool downs, understanding every classes abilities and vulnerabilities, dodging, staying alive outnumbered, etc. Conquest skill incorporates map awareness, being able to use terrain, understanding rotations, openers, counter rotations, knowing each classes role in conquest, communication, stalling, regrouping, etc. The rankings which can range from 0-100 represent the overall combined value that they would bring to a team. With 100 meaning that player is as valuable to a team as anyone else at that rating and more valuable than everyone below their rating. A rank of "20" doesn't mean this player is in the 20% of the game, it simply is relative to the top where skill scales exponentially. A "20" on this list is a better player than 99% of the pvp population.

    Power_Rankings_August.png

    monkaS my skill is higher than my conquest knowledge kappa.

  • Quite a few lower-mid rated players deserve to be higher but w/e.

  • How do you get put on this anyways?

  • Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @calebswag.8265 said:
    How do you get put on this anyways?

    Being good enough at the game to have other top-tier players know, recognize and acknowledge you I imagine.

  • YAOYE.4380YAOYE.4380 Member ✭✭
    edited August 8, 2018

    Do an EU one

  • Not that accurate but not bad at all

    btw why do you guys keep putting vallun above me and primal LOL thats a good meme

  • magictokerdaddydustingodrevthief420whiteinchmonsternoswakkeynecrotoker !_!

  • Pyraxy.1902Pyraxy.1902 Member ✭✭

    You have a panel of 15 people (who you didn't even list), how are discussions even happening with that many people?

  • Poelala.2830Poelala.2830 Member ✭✭✭

    vallun is better than anya and zenyus? what a meme.

  • toker streaming?

  • Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭

    "official" ? really ?

  • Vallun.2071Vallun.2071 Member ✭✭✭

    @Poelala.2830 said:
    vallun is better than anya and zenyus? what a meme.

    Are you still mad that I called you trash for afking on a node instead of pushing kills? heres some content for you. learn yourself

  • Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭

    Interpretating those numbers means toker is 4 times better / stronger than Spiritus ?

  • Some folks lower than me probably deserve to be higher IMO, but overall looks like a good list!

  • The top half of the list generally looks consistent with my views

  • Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

    Woohoo! Names and numbers! Looks good! Could be more colorful, though.

  • JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭

    You need to make an updated table that includes over 100 power level. Tired of being left out

  • mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

    @JayAction.9056 said:
    You need to make an updated table that includes over 100 power level. Tired of being left out

    Who are you?

    Jk. We'll make it one day

    Twitch | YouTube

    Dragonhunter main | Aspiring Herald

  • Abelisk.4527Abelisk.4527 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018

    @JayAction.9056 said:
    You need to make an updated table that includes over 100 power level. Tired of being left out

    This is mainly for monthly AT's/UGO/Mist tournaments

  • Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018

    @Mike.4830 said:
    Mechanical skill incorporates decision making (stomping, cleaving, targeting), interrupting key skills, 1v1 abilities, tracking cool downs, understanding every classes abilities and vulnerabilities, dodging, staying alive outnumbered, etc.

    Interesting how a lot of the "mechanical skills" mostly encompass general, non-active trivia or low-effort button-presses rather than anything which a player executes with any manner of practiced finesse.

  • shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagg.9236 said:

    @Mike.4830 said:
    Mechanical skill incorporates decision making (stomping, cleaving, targeting), interrupting key skills, 1v1 abilities, tracking cool downs, understanding every classes abilities and vulnerabilities, dodging, staying alive outnumbered, etc.

    Interesting how a lot of the "mechanical skills" mostly encompass general, non-active trivia or low-effort button-presses rather than anything which a player executes with any manner of practiced finesse.

    There are situations you want to stomp instead of cleave and vice versa.

    If you think the rest of those are "low-effort button-presses rather than anything which a player executes with any manner of practiced finesse" you're mistaken.

  • guest.9472guest.9472 Member ✭✭

    @Vallun.2071 said:

    @Poelala.2830 said:
    vallun is better than anya and zenyus? what a meme.

    Are you still mad that I called you trash for afking on a node instead of pushing kills? heres some content for you. learn yourself @Vallun.2071 said:

    @Poelala.2830 said:
    vallun is better than anya and zenyus? what a meme.

    Are you still mad that I called you trash for afking on a node instead of pushing kills? heres some content for you. learn yourself

    Lmao Vallun is the only player in the entire world to have stalemated the best wager duelist of all time. Although we are still rivals, no other name compares. Even sindrender was afraid of fighting The Legend Myth

  • Poelala.2830Poelala.2830 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vallun.2071 said:

    @Poelala.2830 said:
    vallun is better than anya and zenyus? what a meme.

    Are you still mad that I called you trash for afking on a node instead of pushing kills? heres some content for you. learn yourself

    OH you mean the game you thought harrier firebrand was DPS And you pushed far FIVE TIMES according to you, dying each time, and dying 3 MORE TIMES at mid? You mean the game where you said I was afking on home and 1v0ing all game but I got top kills and top damage? You mean the game where you thought you were in the right for pushing mid 1v3 twice? You mean the game where you didn't focus my target so I can burst him down... as my build necessitates? Oh yeah, that game. That is a TERRIBLE example for you, especially since you threw so hard. Anya is #1 NA with no win trade ever. Zenyus is #3 NA with no win trade. How are you better than they are? Top 3 thieves...

  • dDuff.3860dDuff.3860 Member ✭✭✭

    Drama is so alive. Wtb the list for EU.

  • Poelala.2830Poelala.2830 Member ✭✭✭

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Poelala.2830 said:

    @Vallun.2071 said:

    @Poelala.2830 said:
    vallun is better than anya and zenyus? what a meme.

    Are you still mad that I called you trash for afking on a node instead of pushing kills? heres some content for you. learn yourself

    OH you mean the game you thought harrier firebrand was DPS And you pushed far FIVE TIMES according to you, dying each time, and dying 3 MORE TIMES at mid? You mean the game where you said I was afking on home and 1v0ing all game but I got top kills and top damage? You mean the game where you thought you were in the right for pushing mid 1v3 twice? You mean the game where you didn't focus my target so I can burst him down... as my build necessitates? Oh yeah, that game. That is a TERRIBLE example for you, especially since you threw so hard. Anya is #1 NA with no win trade ever. Zenyus is #3 NA with no win trade. How are you better than they are? Top 3 thieves...

    I don't care about which thief is best on NA now that Toker is no longer actively queuing,

    However, Anya got deleted from LBs right before season ended, and was accused by a handful of players for wintrading..

    A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

  • Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Poelala.2830 said:
    A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

    They're not banning people from the ladder based on word of mouth.. it means an investigation was done. Obviously you're a fan of Anya's.. why do you think he deserved to be on the top of the ladder after 3 disconnects in his favor that you know , whether it was 3 accidental DC's or pre-meditated? Sounds like the bias is strong

    twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

  • Poelala.2830Poelala.2830 Member ✭✭✭

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Poelala.2830 said:
    A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

    They're not banning people from the ladder based on word of mouth.. it means an investigation was done. Obviously you're a fan of Anya's.. why do you think he deserved to be on the top of the ladder after 3 disconnects in his favor that you know , whether it was 3 accidental DC's or pre-meditated? Sounds like the bias is strong

    I don't think it can be considered bias or me 'fanboying' when there are still god of pvps who are known to be win traders. People whose mains are banned from sPvP with the God of PvP title. The community is sure that these people win traded, but from what I've seen people are torn whether or not Anya did. It also seems very uncharacteristic of a win trader to have done hundreds and hundreds of games maintaining top 10, all of them seeming legitimate.

  • Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018

    @Poelala.2830 said:

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Poelala.2830 said:
    A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

    They're not banning people from the ladder based on word of mouth.. it means an investigation was done. Obviously you're a fan of Anya's.. why do you think he deserved to be on the top of the ladder after 3 disconnects in his favor that you know , whether it was 3 accidental DC's or pre-meditated? Sounds like the bias is strong

    I don't think it can be considered bias or me 'fanboying' when there are still god of pvps who are known to be win traders. People whose mains are banned from sPvP with the God of PvP title. The community is sure that these people win traded, but from what I've seen people are torn whether or not Anya did. It also seems very uncharacteristic of a win trader to have done hundreds and hundreds of games maintaining top 10, all of them seeming legitimate.

    Actually, many wintraders in EU are known, high-rating players who just "bumped" up their rank from top 25 to top 3 or something similar. Most of them have the majority of their games "fairly" and only boosted that +50 rating through trades.

    That's why it's funny to see all the PvE heroes go "pvp so meaningless everyone wintrades and anyone can get god of pvp" when even those wintrades are vastly more skilled than them. Of course it's still bad and that "+50 rating" is far from trivial. The difference between top 10 and top 3 is often huge in terms of skill and quite small in terms of amounts of games you need to "win" to achieve... But yeah, what you describe as uncharacteristic is pretty common.

  • We neeeed an EU one!! Love these lists, they create so much drama

  • guest.9472guest.9472 Member ✭✭

    I think another money tournament is needed to quell this drama

  • Huskyboy.1053Huskyboy.1053 Member ✭✭✭

    @Poelala.2830 said:

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Poelala.2830 said:
    A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

    They're not banning people from the ladder based on word of mouth.. it means an investigation was done. Obviously you're a fan of Anya's.. why do you think he deserved to be on the top of the ladder after 3 disconnects in his favor that you know , whether it was 3 accidental DC's or pre-meditated? Sounds like the bias is strong

    I don't think it can be considered bias or me 'fanboying' when there are still god of pvps who are known to be win traders. People whose mains are banned from sPvP with the God of PvP title. The community is sure that these people win traded, but from what I've seen people are torn whether or not Anya did. It also seems very uncharacteristic of a win trader to have done hundreds and hundreds of games maintaining top 10, all of them seeming legitimate.

    Playing over 700 games does seem like a sincere effort to get top 10. That being said Jonesboy probably needs wintrading to rank high, he plays S/D thief. He was in a lot of my games this past season, he's good but that build just doesn't have the same burst potential it used to be. I played reaper and FB this past season and he wasn't really able to put a dent in me.

  • Devilman.1532Devilman.1532 Member ✭✭✭

    look all these people stroking themselves into a frenzy about a game that literally has no real competitive scene at all...

  • Abelisk.4527Abelisk.4527 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Excellent list! Shows only the good players in the competitive scene. A few of these can be moved up a bit but otherwise it's a well thought-out list. 9.9/10

  • Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭

    @Devilman.1532 said:
    look all these people stroking themselves into a frenzy about a game that literally has no real competitive scene at all...

    I have had fun reading this thread xD, but I'd actually argue there's a 'competitive' scene. There are real teams that compete for monthlies. No, there's no big money tourneys, but clearly top-tier folks care who is top tier. Clearly, the community enjoys the drama too. :p

  • JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭

    @mrauls.6519 said:

    @JayAction.9056 said:
    You need to make an updated table that includes over 100 power level. Tired of being left out

    Who are you?

    Jk. We'll make it one day

    MRAULS and Saiyan best guards NA

    Power levels 175+. Responsible for DH and burn guard nerfs respectively.

  • Devilman.1532Devilman.1532 Member ✭✭✭

    Wow THAT of all things got deleted?

  • Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

    @Devilman.1532 said:
    Wow THAT of all things got deleted?

    Lol, the post you quoted got deleted, too. I think someone's jimmies were rustled. They couldn't handle the truth. 😂

  • Devilman.1532Devilman.1532 Member ✭✭✭

    @Kako.1930 said:

    @Devilman.1532 said:
    Wow THAT of all things got deleted?

    Lol, the post you quoted got deleted, too. I think someone's jimmies were rustled. They couldn't handle the truth. 😂

    Yeah lol truth hurts.

    Through the vast abyss of time and space....the jimmies rustle softly.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.