Official Bug Report Thread: LWS4 Episode 4

Since the last Patch I can't obtain any EXP on any POF map. I think this is related to not being able to enter the Story Instance "Forearmed is Forwarned" of the current LW Episode and thus not being able to unlock the Rollerbeetle mastery track, but the game thinking you are on one of the mastery tracks. (Screenshot below should be explaining enouth)

v77X5E1.jpg

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you read, start a support ticket. The queues are super long, so get your ticket in first, then try work-arounds. You can update your ticket at any time with new details.

It looks to me as if the causative issue is that the game thinks you haven't unlocked the beetle. Try to speak to Gorrik again and when (as I expect) that doesn't work, then that is what I would report to ANet. You have the mastery points, you are at the point of the story where the beetle track should be unlocked, but for some reason, it is stuck.

The second work-around I'd try is starting LS4.3 on a different character. It "should" be the case that whatever is troubling your warrior won't be an issue for e.g. your thief. The third thing I'd try is partying your warrior up with someone else who has Forearmed ready and get them to start the story. There are several checkpoints, so you should know quickly if you're able to get credit or if you should drop and let them finish without you (it won't do any harm to remain, but it won't be useful to you). That is, you should get a message asking if you want to accept progress on your story.

A fifth work-around would be to stop the current story, then start a different one (even LS4.2). And then, reverse that. That is, try to get the game to forget what it thinks it knows about your progress in LS4.3.2. And yet another potential thing to try is to replay the first part of LS4.3 (not as big a waste as it sounds, since there are a couple of achievements that you can only get after finishing it once).

I well understand if you don't care to do any of this; it's more than a little effort to try to fix something that is ultimately ANet's responsibility to resolve. On the other hand, these are things you can try now, instead of just waiting to hear back from ANet.

Good luck and please keep this thread posted with your progress (or lack thereof), if you have time. Someone might have a creative solution or have figured out how to get past this bottleneck.

Thanks for your input @"Illconceived Was Na.9781"

I well understand if you don't care to do any of this; it's more than a little effort to try to fix something that is ultimately ANet's responsibility to resolve. On the other hand, these are things you can try now, instead of just waiting to hear back from ANet.

Sadly I already tried out most of the things on you list yesterday and today and nothing helped :/But since I did most of what you suggested already I thought It would be good to add this here too for clarification:

1. Speaking to Gorrik does nothing exept triggering some random dialoge
  2. Bug accurs on all charakters, and on the 2 charakters I tried non were able to progress further into the story than "Enter the Portal" on said mission which doesnt work
  3. Even people who did already finished it I Partyed up with couldn't reenter the instance
  4. Restarting the Story step does not fix the progression issue

[EDIT] Tried to post a Ticket but logging in on the (german) support site does nothing YAY [EDIT]

Thanks for the updated info and I'm sorry nothing works. @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" is probably right that you'll need for ANet to figure out the issue. Your extensive experience will probably help them troubleshoot.

If you're having trouble logging in, you can create a ticket without logging in here:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new → click on submit your ticket anonymously

oder auf Deutsch...https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/de/requests/newhier, um euer Ticket anonym abzusenden

In the meantime, you can start stockpiling experience to shorten your beetle-mastering time:

• Do whatever dailies you have time for in any Desert Map and save the chests. Each one offers a 12.7k XP towards PoF masteries. I think 40 such dailies is enough to max each tier. (It takes anywhere from 40 to 55 such chests to max each mastery tier, 148 total for the Beetle.)
  • Food for the other mounts is obtainable at the heart vendor that first taught you about the mount. This can be used 1x/day to grant 31.8 kXP, so equivalent to about 11 of the desert daily chests if you feed each of the other five mounts.
  • Several achievements and collections end up granting you items that grant XP on demand, including some of the specialization weapon collections.

This won't do anything to help you now, but it is really nice to just "insta-learn" the masteries, without having to spend time once ANet fixes the issue.

Good luck & let us know when all is well again.

There's been at least a couple of threads on the topic. I haven't seen any official response about whether this is intended or not.

One thing I didn't check: does the portal work during the assault on the fortress? During the boss phase? I know it doesn't work while the necrotic field is up. I thought maybe it was only supposed to transport folks when the event was live, and this was somehow a fix to something we didn't know was broken.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The new episode is unplayable, and then the character you used is also unplayable. Correction, none of the characters on your account will be playable. Further correction, I can load in characters on PoF maps anf Tyria, but not the Lion's Arch Aerodrome.

Are there hackers or are there stability problems that should have been foreseen?

Teapots raid stream seems to be fine though.

same problem as last living story release and this time it doesnt even let me connect with any char on any map at all..... nice how they want us to enjoy their new "content" if most of us cant play it... did they mess up again and make only 1 version per map available? only getting network error message on whatever map i try to connect on with any of my chars... and all these waypoint costs we gonna get for trying to see if it was a 1 time bug/was fixed without them posting something about it^^ feels fun to be an unpaid stress tester right?^^

I can log in alts that are in Lion's Arch and Crystal Oasis, but nothing that is in Lion's Arch Aerodrome, or the character I used to start the story in Vabbi/Jahai Bluffs..

Aerodrome seems to be working now, perhaps temporarily.

Maybe the whole issue is a timed thing. I cycled through all 10 of my characters.

One of these days, maybe... just maybe, we'll be able to play and enjoy new content on the day it's released to us.

I'm a patient person, and didn't mind waiting for the last Living World episode to be released, but right now i'm starting to wish they had done the same thing with this update.

they failed to solve the problem of dc's, what a great company. But dont worry u can play the game tommorrow, cause theres gonna be any patch for this. I think its a server issue when too much player want to play the ls, but it was with the last 2 ls too or they just bad at programming