Slumbering Mistforged Obsidian Weapons — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Slumbering Mistforged Obsidian Weapons

Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

What is the difference between the slumbering versions and regular versions? I had hoped that the slumbering versions would just be the white aura, but unfortunately it seems that it's the exact same as the regular skin. If I am red this week, the regular skin will glow red. If I use the slumbering skin, it will also glow red. Is there some minute detail between the two that I'm missing?

Fort Aspenwood
Jekkies

Tagged:

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2018

@Turk.5460 said:
    What is the difference between the slumbering versions and regular versions? I had hoped that the slumbering versions would just be the white aura, but unfortunately it seems that it's the exact same as the regular skin. If I am red this week, the regular skin will glow red. If I use the slumbering skin, it will also glow red. Is there some minute detail between the two that I'm missing?

From the wiki:

Notes[edit]
    The weapons change effects and some detailing based on what World versus World team you are on, either Red, Blue or Green.
    Unlocking one Mistforged Obsidian weapon skin automatically unlocks the corresponding Slumbering Mistforged Obsidian weapon skin, which is just the plain weapon without any details about the World versus World team.

So, it's SUPPOSED to be what you noted. But it seems maybe something is glitch in out of it is glowing by team color.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Checked with sword,

It doesn't negate your wvw team. It suppresses the glow animation but not the gems and tassels and such.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Slumbering is just removing the fx. The team color on the physical part of the weapon is still meant to change based on team.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Game Designer
    Reddit: ANET_BenP
    Twitch: AnetBenP

• @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    Slumbering is just removing the fx. The team color on the physical part of the weapon is still meant to change based on team.

Physical part meaning the little coloured dot?

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    Slumbering is just removing the fx. The team color on the physical part of the weapon is still meant to change based on team.

Aw boo. I think it would be better for the Slumbering skin to have the white effects like it does in PvE. It would match so many more of my outfits, especially when my team is blue. I don't like making my armor that spectrum <:(

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018

@Turk.5460 said:

Aw boo. I think it would be better for the Slumbering skin to have the white effects like it does in PvE. It would match so many more of my outfits, especially when my team is blue. I don't like making my armor that spectrum <:(

I can understand your situation but personally I would rather it changes color in PVE like it does when you are in WvW, the solution I found was using the weapon on a black armor style character, that way no matter what color the weapon aura is that week it will fit.

edited August 9, 2018

When you say "MEANT" to change is that an acknowledgment that it is not actually changing when in PVE? currently in PVE slumbering and Mistforged auras just remain white at all times, which I find disappointing, I would like it to change aura color in PVE just as it does in WvW.

• @Vavume.8065 said:

When you say "MEANT" to change is that an acknowledgment that it is not actually changing when in PVE? currently in PVE slumbering and Mistforged auras just remain white at all times, which I find disappointing, I would like it to change aura color in PVE just as it does in WvW.

We can only do team colors while in a PvP or WvW map, unfortunately. You're on the normal "Player" team when in PvE maps.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Game Designer
    Reddit: ANET_BenP
    Twitch: AnetBenP

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ahh, wish we could get a different effect or colour for that on a normal map somehow.

• Dreggon.6598Dreggon.6598 Member ✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018

@Vavume.8065 said:

We can only do team colors while in a PvP or WvW map, unfortunately. You're on the normal "Player" team when in PvE maps.

Now I'm curious - how many teams are there in the game? Red, Blue, Green, Player - are there more?

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

@Vavume.8065 said:

My only real gripe with them is that they look like mcdonalds advertisements or whatever circus is in town.

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Klypto.1703 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:

My only real gripe with them is that they look like mcdonalds advertisements or whatever circus is in town.

That's not what this thread is about, please don't.

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

@Dreggon.6598 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:

Now I'm curious - how many teams are there in the game? Red, Blue, Green, Player - are there more?

There are quite a few. Most of them are invisible to players though. Most monsters have their own team. Often when you are putting on a disguise, you're actually being teamed swapped. The PvP Arena is a special team that makes everyone an enemy to each other. Spectators in custom arenas and AT's are actually a spectator team.

looks behind curtain

Dang... Thanks Ben!

edited August 9, 2018

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I can live with the white, it just would have been cooler to have WvW team colors while in PVE also.

• @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Dreggon.6598 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:

There are quite a few. Most of them are invisible to players though. Most monsters have their own team. Often when you are putting on a disguise, you're actually being teamed swapped. The PvP Arena is a special team that makes everyone an enemy to each other. Spectators in custom arenas and AT's are actually a spectator team.

So in theory any of you devs could jump in on a huge beast mob and run around as a giant world boss on the monster team?

• Artaz.3819Artaz.3819 Member ✭✭✭

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@Dreggon.6598 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:

So in theory any of you devs could jump in on a huge beast mob and run around as a giant world boss on the monster team?

That kind of happened with players at the end of beta event

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turk.5460 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:

But they are right! They all look really awful (except maybe for the shield), like they were taken out of some "Alice in Wonderland" movie.

"What good is battle prowess when you are too dead to make use of it?" - Draco Ud Verik (Human Ranger) | Guild: Order of the Ebon [Hand]
    . My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:

But they are right! They all look really awful (except maybe for the shield), like they were taken out of some "Alice in Wonderland" movie.

His point is there have been multiple threads on that. Necro one of them to make that point. Otherwise, stick to the thread instead of making off topic posts.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.