I really miss the cut scene conversation feature...

@flog.3485 said:These two advantages are really only relevant for single player game.

Story missions = single player

I really don't mind repeating dialogues if the quality of the story have highly increased overall from the beginning of season 2 and forwards.

Talk to me again after doing it for the 13th time (or twice as often for achievements). :s

Perhaps Anet could take a page out of Bioware's playbook, and try timing conversations to run (or be interupted) as we run through the mission. One of the most annoying things for me is when everyone stops to converse, even while the world is ending around them, and the level borders prevent you from running to the next event for no valid reason.

Narratively, I prefer Anet’s current setup when compared to personal story, which was (usually) only fit to skip. But the arbitrary “stop and converse” mechanics can sometimes get on my nerves, especially on repeat play-throughs.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@flog.3485 said:These two advantages are really only relevant for single player game.

I really don't mind repeating dialogues if the quality of the story have highly increased overall from the beginning of season 2 and forwards.

Talk to me again after doing it for the 13th time (or twice as often for achievements). :s

Can we stop with this nonsense? Story missions will never be truly single player in an mmo, because if it was, then we would be locked out of grouping up.

I have already done it many times (5 to be precise and I guess it will go up to 9 times if I decide to play every professions) but I don’t really understand why playing it 13 times with so many stuff being account bound in this game. So agree to disagree ?

@flog.3485 said:

Can we stop with this nonsense? Story missions will never be truly single player in an mmo, because if it was, then we would be locked out of grouping up.

I have already done it many times (5 to be precise and I guess it will go up to 9 times if I decide to play every professions) but I don’t really understand why playing it 13 times with so many stuff being account bound in this game. So agree to disagree

Completion, because you hate seeing the story thing in the top right corner, wanting to have all your characters caught up to the current story, the loot..many reasons, achievements(THE BIG ONE).

Story missions in this game are stupid close to singleplayer the CLOSEST any MMO will ever come to singleplayer, ive done all of them by myself, never had another person in them outside of replaying them for achievements, and even then rarely. Being forced to listen or watch cutscenes in this game is equal to having a friend show you the same video on youtube 5 or more times, same principal.

@"Tatwi.3562" said:It was one of the things I really liked about Guild Wars 2. Part of the art style that defines the game (and is even artfully applied to the UI windows, which I love!). If it would be possible to add it as option or even just now and again in the new story content, I would be happy to see it. :)

Ps. Will be six years this November since I first said, "This is such a beautiful game!". Please NEVER gross up the game by changing the UI to a boring, ugly, uninspired, idiotically-simple-to-create "Material Design" that is for unknown reasons popular... The art direction in Guild Wars 2 is already second to none!

For the first part im indiferent so i cant say much . For the second part tho, giving us the option to change the ui or resize and move stuff would be great.

Arenanet needs to seriously change the way they handle cutscenes to be skippable. Because at the moment some story achievements are absolutely ridiculous. It takes forever to get back and retry them.

They need to make interactive cutscenes. Something like the background becoming darker and characters being shone on. Maybe then have talking characters shine brighter than the others. It would make it seem almost like a play.

But the best part is these cutscenes can be skipped. All the dialogue gets skipped and you (and NPCs) are ported to where the cutscene ends.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Yeah I only keep up with the story on one character. To be honest, I find the stories too lengthy and tedious to repeat on alts. Not because of the story but the combat which is the usual thing where fights are just artificially lengthened. And it's exactly that which keeps me from replaying them. Admittedly there are some conversations that also seem to last forever, even outside the cutscenes.

I guess I'm impressed you managed it 13 times, I already give up on my second character lol.

Yeah the conversion scene feature is awesome, like others stated you can pass the dialogs but what is better is the gesture: It makes you feels that you really are in the story you character change his expressions and emotions when talking. I like the artwork behind the characters, the joko cinematic in Episode 3 remembered me that, and it's a good thing. But I can't imagine all the personal story cut-scenes with the quality of the joko cinematic or in fractals: Imagine travelings and zooms on a reactor exploding then jump on characters feared faces... too much I think, theses original scenes have their charms.

Oh god, no. It was the worst feature of the base game story. Cut scenes as a whole break immersion (basically someone sitting next to you and taking away the mouse/keyboard every few minutes), and having them for every single dialog is just so annoying. Overworld dialog introduced in HoT was the best thing that ever happened to this game's story delivery.

I miss it too but I can see why it was dropped, there is a lot more going on on the sidelines with the newer format and that seems like it gives the story-tellers a lot more room to add information. I've learned to stop and listen when I hear a side conversation start up.

But I really did like seeing my characters' faces in the early story, I think it helped to get me more attached to them. Especially my female asura, who is the first one I got to 80. Part of that was wanting to push on with the story to see where it led.

• 10 months later...