best focus class?

bara yaoi.3824

I'd have to say mesmer. Mostly because of the amazing 600 range pull you can do with it, but it can also provide group swiftness (which is always nice). In addition to that it can create light fields, which when combo'd with your phantasm will clear off a ton of conditions in a short amount of time. Even better when traited, as your phantasm will be a decent bodyblock that destroys enemy projectiles all at the same time.

Mesmer. There's a pull and a phantasm that does respectable damage and reflects.

Your other possibilities are pretty bad unless it's for PvP:Necromancer - I don't think anyone uses it for PvE over torch, dagger, or warhornGuardian - single target now but high damageElementalist - usually offhand dagger is used if not warhorn

@bara yaoi.3824 said:so which class has better focus, mesmer elementalist or necromancer?

Elementalist. You get 6 great skills with the weapon that give you a lot of utility. I say 6 because the fire focus skills are not as good as the other attunement focus skills and need to be reworked. Mesmer's focus has good CC, guardian's focus is the only weapon that gives them a block skill and necromancer's focus has boon removal.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Ele has the best focus. The vest class atm that could wield a focus is mesmer.Guard focus feals good dmg and has blocks.Mesmer focus has some utility but the phantadm on it is crappy and ele has a full roster of defensive skills on it. Even a dmg immunity skill.

I like that necromancer doesn't get a mention.

Its representative isnt it?

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Ele has the best focus. The vest class atm that could wield a focus is mesmer.Guard focus feals good dmg and has blocks.Mesmer focus has some utility but the phantadm on it is crappy and ele has a full roster of defensive skills on it. Even a dmg immunity skill.

Yup, I'm still bitter necro didn't get the focus 4 rework that guardian got.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Yup, I'm still bitter necro didn't get the focus 4 rework that guardian got.

Maybe one day pal, maybe one day.

• 1 year later...

To add to what others have said, it would be between Mesmer and Elementalist. Mesmer uses focus primarily for PvE (raids, dungeons, fractals, etc - not as great in open world though where mobs are more spread out). Mesmer can use focus for very niche situations in WvW - mostly centered around group play for pulling people off walls/reflecting, but it's overall I wouldn't recommend it in a PvP setting.

Elementalist uses focus primarily in PvP situations (fireweaver, some core builds run it also). I would stop and ask yourself what your primary game mode is and which class you enjoy more as well.

Focus for necro is used on power reaper builds. In PvE it's not superb but in PvP skill 5 is a nuke. Skill 4 can be used at any time to fill the shroud bar partially and put some vuln on enemies. I'd say go with nec if you like playing power reaper.