Can't upgrade/buy expansion from the website [merged]

Hello, I'm an old returning player with only the base game to my account. I've been trying to find how much the expansions were in the store, but when I try to upgrade to one...it just doesn't do anything! it reloads the page and doesn't add anything to the shopping cart. I tried on different browsers with the same result. Is buying the expansions disabled or what? The fact that there are no price listed on the page was annoying enough, but I can't even add it to my cart to even buy it, it's kind of ridiculous. Makes me think twice about upgrading at all.

I just tried it and had the same issue. So, the website might be having some issues right now. For the record, Path of Fire's basic edition is $30. You can bundle Heart of Thorns with Path of Fire for a total of $50.

Edit: Tried it on two other browsers and had the same result (nothing ever gets added to the cart). So, seeming more and more like something is off with the site itself.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Have you tried purchasing in-game? Tried another browser? Disabled all ad-blockers, even those that are part of anti-virus programs?If all else fails, you can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

The only thing I see in game is the season 2 pack. I'll just wait and see, they seem to have a lot of tickets at the moment. I can still play the basic game without it.Thank you for your help.

****Edit: It seems to JUST came back online. Thanks both of you for your help.

Just like you, I'm returning after more than a year off. I tried to purchase Path of Fire yesterday, 08-12-18, with NO results. I submitted a ticket a few minutes ago.... will see what happens.... but, it may turn out to be a good thing.

I'll do some game searching while waiting for a response from GW2. During my time off from GW, I learned I can actually live without GW.... lol

There is definitely something wrong with the site. My fiance has tried three times to purchase HoT/PoF update for her account. Every time it tells her there was an error and to try again.
Can we get verification or information from someone regarding this issue please and when it will be working again?edit she's attempting to purchase in-game btw

update We just tested. I was able to use the same credit card to purchase gems on my account, but she simply cannot purchase Hot/PoF upgrade without receiving an error

I have attempted to purchase both expansion multiple times and keep getting the same message about interruption and to try again later. The thing is, I was able to purchase gems, but not the expansion??
I've seen a few other posts on this same issue, but no response from Anet yet. Can we get some verification and a possible fix for this please?!

• ArenaNet Staff

Just got a message about this from a mod. There was what we thought was a very short-term problem earlier in the day but thought it was resolved about 1 PM our time. Yet you posted two hours later, and a couple of you in this merged thread a couple of days ago. :(

I will pass this along to CS to see if they have any info on this. Thanks for the report, and apologies for the inconvenience!

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi,

I contacted Customer Support last evening and they told me that everything is functioning properly, that the "purchase flow" is not broken.

Could I ask those of you who were having problems to let me know if you've been able to make the purchases you intended? Also, could you specify:

• What you are attempting to purchase: an expansion pack or gems.
  • How you are attempting to make a purchase: through the website or through the in-game purchase system.

Thanks.

Hello,

just came back to the game after 2 years, im having an issue with the website purchase screen. The links are broken for heart of thorns and Path of fire on the GW2 site. In game my transactions cant go through to buy the expansions, deluxe and standard packages.

On the main GW2 site the links have the broken image icon and everything is to the left of the screen, in game my credit card cant be confirmed for transactions.

I hope this helps, have a wonderful day.

• ArenaNet Staff

CS has asked that you please submit a ticket with as much descriptive information as possible so that they can assist you. (For instance, share if you're trying to purchase through the website or through the in-game system)

Choose "Payments" or "Purchase Issue" as your ticket reason, so the proper team can help out as soon as possible.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"MandaPanda.9541" said:Still can not purchase the expansion.

I'm so sorry! CS looked for tickets from those writing in this thread, and they did not spot any. If you could contact them (click "Support" at the top of the page, then "Purchase Support" in the center left) they will help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,I have also basic Guild Wars 2 game and came back to game after some years. Now I also can't buy expansions neither in game nor in their website. When I try to purchase, it says "Payment is not authorized". I have submit ticket to support several times and they answered me that my visa card has problem. But I know that my visa card has no problem. It works perfectly everywhere else. I have also bought all my GW 1 products with my same visa card several years ago.

Just as a note, I'm having the same issue. I finally caved to get my son his own account, and went to upgrade it (he wanted to ride mounts just like he does on MY account) using the ingame option, but it's giving me an 'error has occurred' message and no go. My visa is fine, and I bought things for MY account yesterday through the gemstore without a problem.