Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah the empty carousel is a bit annoying, although the positive is that no dev responses would be happening atm anyway since they aren't at work yet

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like the change (done in the last day or two I think) where clicking "Change Image" on your profile page will now display the avatar selections in a 'popup' window instead of directing to an entirely different page to select an avatar.

Just thought I would mention that the change was noticed and that I do like it.

WOW - Done with forums for good now! - Someone creates a thread about Pharus's light on crit effect asking if it is a bug - I get warned for being "off topic" for commenting how to use the search and pointing out threads discussing Pharus and it being an intended effect... Goodbye all. Happy gaming.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@StinVec.3621 said:
    I like the change (done in the last day or two I think) where clicking "Change Image" on your profile page will now display the avatar selections in a 'popup' window instead of directing to an entirely different page to select an avatar.

Just thought I would mention that the change was noticed and that I do like it.

It's always done that pop-up page for me, since the launch of these forums. I would rather the full page, which is only accessible through the gear/Preferences.

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2018

Would like a change to the notifications system. Whenever I bookmark a thread, or set to get notification for threads I've posted in etc, it bombards me with 1 notification per post. So a single thread going active can often leave you with 50+ notifications, basically removing the purpose of the notification in the first place.

Change to 1 notification per thread, period. Link to the first post or first quote etc.

(Also, thanks to StinVec for making a really nice darkmode for this forum so I can stand reading it at all!)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    Currently playing: Planescape Torment, Divinity Original Sin 2, Zelda BotW

• Castigator.3470Castigator.3470 Member ✭✭✭

Can I make a feature request?
    How about a no-bump option?
    Sometimes I feel the urge to respond to old topics, but this will inadvertently put them back to first page's the top position. If there was a checkbox that allowed users to post without bumping, we could post without needlessly irritating other users.
    The moderators could also get the option to disable bumping on a per thread basis, with the condition that the thread has reached a certain age threshold.

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2018

The option to dismiss sticky threads, or announcements as they are called with Vanilla Forum, seems to have been removed recently or maybe it is a bug. Before there was a gear icon by sticky threads that would allow the forum member to dismiss it. What this did was remove it as a sticky and it only showed back up as a normal thread if more posts were made in it. I liked this feature as it allowed me to reduce sticky thread clutter on the forum once I had read the sticky. This was much better than the old forum that didn't have that option. So I hope it is a bug and the feature will return.

For those that may not know what I'm talking about here is the feature from Vanilla Forum which is the software Anet now uses.

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/product/dismiss-messages-top-25-features-for-users

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

Return the thumbs down. People should notice when they post something that isn't appreciated. As of now this is one of the only forums I know where it got removed be cause people could get 'hurt' if someone disagrees. People have to learn that they aren't on the same page with everyone else. It's just natural and anet is so adamant to keep this illusion up which ultimately hurts a community.

• @ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Return the thumbs down. People should notice when they post something that isn't appreciated. As of now this is one of the only forums I know where it got removed be cause people could get 'hurt' if someone disagrees. People have to learn that they aren't on the same page with everyone else. It's just natural and anet is so adamant to keep this illusion up which ultimately hurts a community.

We've answered this many, many times. We will not be returning the Thumbs Down. Do be aware, however, that we did not remove it because it caused "hurt feelings" or because we wanted to maintain some sort of "illusion." The Thumbs Down proved to have a negative impact on the community, particularly (as I've expressed before), our non-English community. After reviewing the situation and discussing as a team, we determined that the removal was in the best interests of the community that we serve.

I totally do understand the desire for a thumbs down. It's fast, it's easy, and it can clearly express one's disagreement with the contents of a forum post. Heck, just yesterday I thought to myself "Boy, I sure wish I could just Thumbs Down this!" because I wanted to show that I disagreed with someone's statement but didn't want to have to respond to it. Yet the point is, the Thumbs Down wasn't just being used to disagree with an opinion, it was being used to be disagreeable to other members.

It's gone. It's not coming back. And I hope these comments help explain why, even if you disagree with the decision.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Agree with gaile, the main reason is in Bold.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• @JustTrogdor.7892 said:
    The option to dismiss sticky threads, or announcements as they are called with Vanilla Forum, seems to have been removed recently or maybe it is a bug. Before there was a gear icon by sticky threads that would allow the forum member to dismiss it. What this did was remove it as a sticky and it only showed back up as a normal thread if more posts were made in it. I liked this feature as it allowed me to reduce sticky thread clutter on the forum once I had read the sticky. This was much better than the old forum that didn't have that option. So I hope it is a bug and the feature will return.

For those that may not know what I'm talking about here is the feature from Vanilla Forum which is the software Anet now uses.

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/product/dismiss-messages-top-25-features-for-users

I like the feature, too, but we learned that there was no ability to UNdismiss a thread, and that led to a few messes where someone believed a thread was gone, when it fact it was simply one that they had dismissed (and were not able to bring back). This also caused problems on the moderation front. Therefore, we had to disable "Dismiss" until Vanilla implements an "UN-Dismiss" feature. We forwarded the conundrum to Vanilla and I hope that they will implement the full Dismiss/Undismiss feature soon.

Gaile Gray

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Return the thumbs down. People should notice when they post something that isn't appreciated.

As someone that was posting in favour for removal of thumbs down since the new forums were mandatory, I am strictly against that still.

Who is the thought police that decides what is appreciated? You? Me?

The problem has many facettes:

• I am often on the unpopluar opinion side of a fence. But that does not mean my posts are less worth.
    • Also, there is a strange dynamics coming with that, where people are forced to quit a discussion/not joining them in order to keep their name in a good shape (something I do not really care about). So they do not post in a thread because it has -26 votes. But how to get "lively discussions" (front page quote) if you just do that?
    • There is a reason downvoting on Disqus, Quora or Youtube/Google does nothing, and these huge companies have thinktanks - they know why and can far better explain that stuff than I could.
    • A discussion ist mostly stalled when it turns into a quizz game: _Post 1, 2 or 3 to upvote? _You will get no discussion or exchange of opinions if you basically encourage people to like the opinion/post that vaguely goes into the direction. But why do you think X? Why would you do Z?
    • Even the current thumbs up vote casting is awful in many ways. In a certain thread were the two (condescending and close-to-be-reportable) posts had 15 upvotes. It was literally a famous guy of the boards saying "No, you are wrong" and a bunch of invisible supporters that never actually reason their own thoughts are behind him. As OP, this is the worst case, it's as bad as asking closed questions (that can be answered with "YES" or "NO". Avoid these if you want a conversation).
    • People, I am also slightly guilty, pick comments based on their likes - and skip the blank ones. But why? This reddit nonsense of pre-sorting by popularity (and not by content) is again a killer of any discussion.

I'd also like to remove the thumbs up button. It can be shown in the profile (somehow I managed to get 850?!) but under the posts, there should not be an explicite number displayed. Maybe just the thumb getting more and more green. So the first upvotes do nothing to it (threshold of 5) and then it starts to get coloured. Because 1 upvote vs 0 upvote is still a tendency - but a too small sample to say opinion 1 is the right one.

Excelsior.

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

edited August 15, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

I like the feature, too, but we learned that there was no ability to UNdismiss a thread, and that led to a few messes where someone believed a thread was gone, when it fact it was simply one that they had dismissed (and were not able to bring back). This also caused problems on the moderation front. Therefore, we had to disable "Dismiss" until Vanilla implements an "UN-Dismiss" feature. We forwarded the conundrum to Vanilla and I hope that they will implement the full Dismiss/Undismiss feature soon.

Thanks Gaile for letting us know what is going on with the dismiss feature. I thought maybe it was a bug since it suddenly disappeared. Hopefully Vanilla will find a way to make the feature work again without causing confusion or problems for moderators. If I may, in the future if a forum feature is disabled/limited for whatever reason, or even if a new feature is added, I think we would appreciate that being mentioned as an update. Thanks again.

• edited August 15, 2018

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Thanks Gaile for letting us know what is going on with the dismiss feature. I thought maybe it was a bug since it suddenly disappeared. Hopefully Vanilla will find a way to make the feature work again without causing confusion or problems for moderators. If I may, in the future if a forum feature is disabled/limited for whatever reason, or even if a new feature is added, I think we would appreciate that being mentioned as an update. Thanks again.

While it would be nice to have "update notes" for the forums, sometimes changes that we request get rolled in months later, so it's not always easy for us to state categorically what did or did not roll out on a given day, especially as the forums mature (we're heading into our one-year anniversary!) and fewer changes are needed. We get the chance to test changes, of course, but the test pass and the implementation may have a large delta.

I'll try to answer questions from time to time, when I can and when they are posed. But I cannot guarantee that I will be able to provide "build notes" for a product that is not our own. After all, we're just sorta renting this. ;)

Gaile Gray

• edited August 15, 2018

@Zedek.8932 said:

I'd also like to remove the thumbs up button. It can be shown in the profile (somehow I managed to get 850?!) but under the posts, there should not be an explicite number displayed. Maybe just the thumb getting more and more green. So the first upvotes do nothing to it (threshold of 5) and then it starts to get coloured. Because 1 upvote vs 0 upvote is still a tendency - but a too small sample to say opinion 1 is the right one.

I appreciate your input. Changing to a graduated color would be a costly change -- in fact it may not be something that Vanilla could implement, no matter how much we might offer to pay.

At this point, Thumbs Up is a "use if you like / ignore if you wish" feature that seems, to my eye and based on general feedback, to be relatively benign and in some cases useful to noting a particular comment or thread. For instance, if someone makes a suggestion that gets a gazillion thumbs up, that's worth seeing!

Gaile Gray

edited August 15, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

While it would be nice to have "update notes" for the forums, sometimes changes that we request get rolled in months later, so it's not always easy for us to state categorically what did or did not roll out on a given day, especially as the forums mature (we're heading into our one-year anniversary!) and fewer changes are needed. We get the chance to test changes, of course, but the test pass and the implementation may have a large delta.

I'll try to answer questions from time to time, when I can and when they are posed. But I cannot guarantee that I will be able to provide "build notes" for a product that is not our own. After all, we're just sorta renting this. ;)

I guess I was trying to say it would have been nice in this case if someone posted, "Hey folks, we have decided to remove the dismiss sticky thread feature for now due to 'x' reasons," since it was a decision the forum team seems to have made and not really related to future forum features that might be rolled out later. Instead it just seemed it was of sort of stealth removed. In the future, I think if there is a feature added or removed on the Anet side a quick note about it would be appreciated. I know you are very busy. That's the last I will comment on this. Thanks again for your time.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Gaile - In the cookie jar topic you mentioned you were using it as an experiment on how we reacted to an off-topic post. I didn't reply or report it, but for me that was more to do with how vague the original post was, I wasn't sure how to take it and therefore didn't know what to say. But I did want to share some thoughts on the experiment.

I'd be in favour of allowing more discussions which aren't completely related to GW2 as I think it can be a good way for posters to get to know each other and to see each other as people and not just random names on the screen, which can help a sense of community and cooperation. But I also know from experience that off topic/general discussion sections can create more work for moderators and more rifts between posters than the rest of a forum put together. (Funny enough I've had both experiences even on the same forum - one of my worst experiences as a moderator was having to sort out a stupid argument between the man who is now my husband and two people who are still some of our best friends.)

Maybe there could be a middle ground somewhere? Like allowing us to discuss other games or allowing topics which blur the lines between GW2 discussion and real-life to continue down whatever path they take (within reason). I don't know exactly, but I do know that if I'd seen an off-topic discussion that wasn't quite so random allowed to continue I would have enjoyed participating in it.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Please ask Vanilla for a 'Report' PM feature. It would be nice if one did not have to create an email to report an inappropriate PM.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029

The mobile version sorta has a problem with distinguishing links from regular ol’ text.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/52230/anet-next-to-impossible-to-see-links-using-the-mobile-site

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is it me or the underline is not aligned for double-line text?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SkyShroud.2865 said:
    Is it me or the underline is not aligned for double-line text?

It's not you. I noticed it just now - wasn't doing it earlier today

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• I was going to ask if it was just me, as well. Forums borked, again. Sigh.

• nottsgman.8206nottsgman.8206 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018

also seeing this on posts, not sure if it's just me (also happens to options on my own posts)

70 'mains' and waiting for more slots
    | 61 Asura | 6 Charr | 1 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

There are definitely odd lines cutting through the thread titles today. I thought it was an artifact of my tablet in Chrome, but it's doing it on my PC in FireFox too.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018

same strange lines that cut the main page threads titles: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussions as example

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Why is the Carousel down to only two 'dots' today? For anyone that didn't happen to be on the forums yesterday, or earlier today, they miss all the recent Dev posts (from Aug. AFC, and elsewhere). Sigh.

• And now the Carousel is down to only 3 Dev posts. Something is really amiss.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

The thread in the Bugs forums about the lines has a cure: while on the page that has the errant lines, press ctrl-F5. It worked for me, the lines are gone.

No idea how I'll do that on my tablet, though. I'll look into the side menu options I guess.

• Ctrl-F5 did not work for me, but clearing the cache through Options did. Yes, I refreshed the page a few times, just in case.

• MidnightX.6294MidnightX.6294 Member ✭✭✭

i dread to even write anything in this new forum. if you are not into markdowns its hell of work to find out how to post simple things like an image, underline font, fontsize etc.
    can hardly find any guide that is not already sunken to deep in the web. it takes hours to find what im looking for.
    it costs to much of creative freedom for your blank white design which hurts the eyes with its brightness.

Nothing to see here - move along.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2018

1 - please let us add more poll questions after we've published the poll.
    2 - please let us disable smilies in our own posts like we've had in the past.
    3 - please let us delete our own posts.

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2018

I can see the first and third but why ask to disable smilies? It’s not like they make you use them and if you’re asking to disable for others, that’s not your decision to make.

🤓

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    3 - please let us delete our own posts.

Same as above.

Take the time to structure a post before posting. And accept the consequences of whatever you do post.

• Poelala.2830Poelala.2830 Member ✭✭✭

I was literally JUST about to make a most exactly like this. Please let us delete our own posts and please let us delete the polls entirely so we can't skew results.

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2018

Make a block system. Too many keyboard warriors want to cause drama and "oh i know everything, this and that!..!!" smartypants in this forums.
    Yikes, 🤢🤮

Also, :+1: to make us delete our own posts/comments.

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• @Alga.6498 said:
    Make a block system.

They won't. Gaile's already written about this and it's not something they will consider.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

edited August 28, 2018

@Alga.6498 said:
    Make a block system. Too many keyboard warriors want to cause drama and "oh i know everything, this and that!..!!" smartypants in this forums.
    Yikes, 🤢🤮

If there’s a block then the person won’t be able to see the blocked person saying “They DID do that” and be able to post the quote showing they are wrong.

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Alga.6498 said:
    Yikes, 🤢🤮

Each time you speak up in the forums, you're not just talking to your friends but in front of the whole class. If you blurt out something silly in front of everyone, the backrow where the bullies hang out, is going to start giggling at you.

edited August 28, 2018

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Alga.6498 said:
    Yikes, 🤢🤮

Each time you speak up in the forums, you're not just talking to your friends but in front of the whole class. If you blurt out something silly in front of everyone, the backrow where the bullies hang out, is going to start giggling at you.

Or, to put it another way, if someone says something that is false then they should accept in good grace a post showing their error. It’s not to the advantage of a discussion forum for the person who posting wrong information to either be invisible to someone who knows the correct answer or to be unable to see the correction and to continue to post the false and already corrected information, which is why blocking on the forum isn’t a reasonable request.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I can see the first and third but why ask to disable smilies? It’s not like they make you use them and if you’re asking to disable for others, that’s not your decision to make.

🤓

Some ppl prefere emoticons over emojis, some hate looking at smilies because they are annoying

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• @derd.6413 said:

🤓

Some ppl prefere emoticons over emojis, some hate looking at smilies because they are annoying

/shrug
    It’s still not their decision to make to decide whether or not a forum feature is useable by others.

@derd.6413 said:

🤓

/shrug
    It’s still not their decision to make to decide whether or not a forum feature is useable by others.

What are you on about? He wants ppl to be able to block smileys, not remove them. blocking them would mean the person that blocks them can't see them, ppl can still use/see them if they choose not to block them

edited August 28, 2018

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

🤓

/shrug

What are you on about? He wants ppl to be able to block smileys, not remove them. blocking them would mean the person that blocks them can't see them, ppl can still use/see them if they choose not to block them

Actually he didn’t say block he said disable and he didn’t specify whether it was disable his ability to see or if it was disable the ability of the other posters to use.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2018

How about an ignore function then, when you can still see the post if you want? The forum is surviving on the fact people can flame and can't be blocked and so keep doing it.

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

🤓

/shrug

Actually he didn’t say block he said disable and he didn’t specify whether it was disable his ability to see or if it was disable the ability of the other posters to use.

2 - please let us disable smilies.

I hope you're not a native english speaker if his wording confused you on his meaning

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

When I've used forums that did allow you to block/hide other posters I just found it annoying. I used it occasionally but it just made it impossible to follow any topic they were posting in because everyone else was seeing and responding to posts I couldn't see. Which in turn made me look like an idiot because I'd reply having only seen part of the conversation and therefore completely misunderstanding what they were talking about. It's like trying to join in when someone else is on the phone and you can't hear the person they're talking to. I always unblocked people again within a day and went back to just skimming over their posts if I wasn't in the mood for dealing with it.

@Dami.5046 said:
    How about an ignore function then, when you can still see the post if you want? The forum is surviving on the fact people can flame and can't be blocked and so keep doing it.

If someone's flaming other people they should be reported, not just blocked.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

edited August 28, 2018

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

🤓

/shrug

I hope you're not a native english speaker if his wording confused you on his meaning

Block and disable are not the same words. Block on the forum means to make a person unable to see something. However disable, which I've never seen anyone ask for before doesn’t have a usual forum definition. A formal definition is “Disable : to make ineffective or inoperative.” If he meant block he would have been best served to use the word block. Not a word that means “make ineffective or inoperative”.

Now if he meant block on his side then that’s fine. However I did ask in the original quote whether he meant block or if he meant disable, since as I’ve noted, he didn’t say and neither of us actually know.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    When I've used forums that did allow you to block/hide other posters I just found it annoying. I used it occasionally but it just made it impossible to follow any topic they were posting in because everyone else was seeing and responding to posts I couldn't see. Which in turn made me look like an idiot because I'd reply having only seen part of the conversation and therefore completely misunderstanding what they were talking about. It's like trying to join in when someone else is on the phone and you can't hear the person they're talking to. I always unblocked people again within a day and went back to just skimming over their posts if I wasn't in the mood for dealing with it.

@Dami.5046 said:

If someone's flaming other people they should be reported, not just blocked.

I would prefer an option to not see posts which would be my choice. You or others don't need to use it.

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

🤓

/shrug

Block and disable are not the same words. Block on the forum means to make a person unable to see something. However disable, which I've never seen anyone ask for before doesn’t have a usual forum definition. A formal definition is “Disable : to make ineffective or inoperative.” If he meant block he would have been best served to use the word block. Not a word that means “make ineffective or inoperative”.

Now if he meant block on his side then that’s fine. However I did ask in the original quote whether he meant block or if he meant disable, since as I’ve noted, he didn’t say and neither of us actually know.

If he simply said "disable smileys" you might have had a point but the context of the word makes the diffrence

"Let us disable" means that the community as individuals should be able to disable it and no person on earth is stupid enough to give an unorganized group of individuals the ability to disable something for everybody undemocraticly when it's entirely possible to disable said thing for each individual on their request.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.