Request your fashion makeover - it's free!

@Imperadordf.2687 said:I have a Human Engineer. I desperately need a good looking adventurer set because I absolutely despise trenchcoats. I've been using Holosmith's Lucent Vent + Scout Armor + Radiant Gloves + Leystone Leggings + Duelist Boots for a long while but now it's time to change it. I need a lone adventurer look. Thanks in advance. Cheers ❤️

You forgot to say your character is male or female since armors look drastically different in between. If female, try the Spearmarshal leggings with the Krytan coat. That looks mildly similar to the Hoody outfit. There are only a handful of non-trench coat skins to rotate around when you're bored.

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

@Imperadordf.2687 said:I have a Human Engineer. I desperately need a good looking adventurer set because I absolutely despise trenchcoats. I've been using Holosmith's Lucent Vent + Scout Armor + Radiant Gloves + Leystone Leggings + Duelist Boots for a long while but now it's time to change it. I need a lone adventurer look. Thanks in advance. Cheers
❤️

You forgot to say your character is male or female since armors look drastically different in between. If female, try the Spearmarshal leggings with the Krytan coat. That looks mildly similar to the Hoody outfit. There are only a handful of non-trench coat skins to rotate around when you're bored.

Sorry :c My character is a female. I'm going to try what you've suggested. And any outfits you could suggest?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Hi again. I want to dye legendary armor that my human female mesmer poseses. Something that would go well with shining blade. Also I dont want to use boots and gloves from that set so if you can adivice me something there I would be grateful. Thanks for your time

Hi, I only have time for a quick answer so no pictures prepared. It's hard to suggest options for your gloves and boots not knowing what you don't like about the legendary set themselves. Is my guess they are too bulky? In that case, Warbeast gloves and boots are pretty low key but still somewhat outlandish. Illustrious boots are also good for somewhat hardened heavy texture. If you want some glam, Weaver's Antipodes are nice and form-fitting. As far as matching TSB, I use duochrome of purple and gold with somewhat bluish grey for the metal. So you can use whichever shades of purple in your disposal. I do recommend Cobolt, Blacklight and Pyre since they have very strong shading to counteract the shininess of the legendary set.

@"SunTzu.4513" said:Greetings,

i'm looking for an outfit for my female norn reaper. I try to create a heavy amor look like dark knight theme transmog but im struggling with it. Maybe you have some idea to make her look more ''heavy'' in light armor.

Sorry for reaching out so late. I have no idea which "dark knight theme transmog" is in your mention. Is it related to the Batman movie series?

Definitely need your help!

I am super conflicted with my Charr.. I want to have a main character that's very accomplished across the board. My 5 y/o charr war is fitting the bill.. However, I hate hate hate his armor/looks! I dislike the hunched posture, I dislike the jump (cant change that I know..), I just cant find a good armor for him!

I need your help badly because I dont want to make a new Warrior just so that I can enjoy having a good looking armor for him.

My theme is some kind like dark/evil theme. I am planning to make Twilight to go with it as well. I also unlocked shadow abyss dyes.

SO please give your input! I cant wait!

thanks in advance!

@torakun.9638 said:Definitely need your help!

I am super conflicted with my Charr.. I want to have a main character that's very accomplished across the board. My 5 y/o charr war is fitting the bill.. However, I hate hate hate his armor/looks! I dislike the hunched posture, I dislike the jump (cant change that I know..), I just cant find a good armor for him!

I need your help badly because I dont want to make a new Warrior just so that I can enjoy having a good looking armor for him.

My theme is some kind like dark/evil theme. I am planning to make Twilight to go with it as well. I also unlocked shadow abyss dyes.

thanks in advance!

I think the hunch back is a physiological charm but it does pose a serious challenge in how the armor would fit. The back is broader, chest are less visible, knee shorter so any long skirts will look weird.

The theme you mention is pretty vague, do you have any reference pictures? It doesn't have to be the same beastly race. Also if you reread this thread. I had a few examples. Are any of them to your liking?

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

thanks in advance!

I think the hunch back is a physiological charm but it does pose a serious challenge in how the armor would fit. The back is broader, chest are less visible, knee shorter so any long skirts will look weird.

The theme you mention is pretty vague, do you have any reference pictures? It doesn't have to be the same beastly race. Also if you reread this thread. I had a few examples. Are any of them to your liking?

@torakun.9638If Iris does not mind terribly my offering of a possible look for your Charr Warrior, this is what I use on mine that might be of interest or inspire a direction for you in achieving a desired look for yours.

faHtO9a.gif

I prefer streamlined, non-skirt appearances on Charr and looked to fashion him in something that I could see a proud Charr warrior actually wearing into combat. This look achieves my personal goal for him as it leaves all claws exposed to be used as weapons - the boots are more like metal plating around the 'soft' parts of the foot so it actually looks like functional armor and not just a big cat wearing a human's boots.

The primary goal I wanted was to find an overall appearance that did not ignore the fact that it is a Charr and not a Human - the pants account for the tail; the boots account for 'all' claws on the feet and aren't just flat boots a human would wear; the gloves account for all of the claws; the helm accounts for the horns, ears, brow, jaw/teeth/muzzle.

The plated chest armor is tight-fitting and conforms to the actual chest without any excess flair or spiky things sticking off. This raw, natural power showcases his natural bulk and strength and doesn't rely on the aforementioned spiky things and excess flair to make him look intimidating to foes.

The helm is not the best as it does not cover the neck, but there are not many (or any?) options that cover the neck. The forward-stabbing spike on the helm seems to go against my above-noted style regarding spikes, but I do like the effect it gives of appearing as a bull - a streamlined, muscular, raw power of a "don't mess with me" body with horns you don't want to go anywhere near with the added third horn to bring in the added ferocity presented by a 'triceratops' (or equivalent Tyrian animal).

The design on the Priory chest also offers options when dying that can produce the 'spider' emblem on the back. This might fit well with your desire for a dark/evil theme as you can blend it in with the same color as the surrounding armor so it is just a spider pattern, or you can make it stand out by using a different color entirely.

Going primarily shadow abyss with a few highlights on pieces as needed should achieve the dark/evil look quite well. I have also used mostly dark, steel-toned dyes on the armor in other versions of the dye scheme.

Shoulders are hidden on the armor as I think they are not needed at all and any shoulder armor would ruin the look. (ignore the snow)

I have more photos available that also include creation/makeover kit slider settings if more details are desired: https://imgur.com/a/mapDc

@StinVec.3621 said:

thanks in advance!

@torakun.9638If Iris does not mind terribly my offering of a possible look for your Charr Warrior, this is what I use on mine that might be of interest or inspire a direction for you in achieving a desired look for yours.

faHtO9a.gif

I prefer streamlined, non-skirt appearances on Charr and looked to fashion him in something that I could see a proud Charr warrior actually wearing into combat. This look achieves my personal goal for him as it leaves all claws exposed to be used as weapons - the boots are more like metal plating around the 'soft' parts of the foot so it actually looks like functional armor and not just a big cat wearing a human's boots.

The primary goal I wanted was to find an overall appearance that did not ignore the fact that it is a Charr and not a Human - the pants account for the tail; the boots account for 'all' claws on the feet and aren't just flat boots a human would wear; the gloves account for all of the claws; the helm accounts for the horns, ears, brow, jaw/teeth/muzzle.

The plated chest armor is tight-fitting and conforms to the actual chest without any excess flair or spiky things sticking off. This raw, natural power showcases his natural bulk and strength and doesn't rely on the aforementioned spiky things and excess flair to make him look intimidating to foes.

The helm is not the best as it does not cover the neck, but there are not many (or any?) options that cover the neck. The forward-stabbing spike on the helm seems to go against my above-noted style regarding spikes, but I do like the effect it gives of appearing as a bull - a streamlined, muscular, raw power of a "don't mess with me" body with horns you don't want to go anywhere near with the added third horn to bring in the added ferocity presented by a 'triceratops' (or equivalent Tyrian animal).

The design on the Priory chest also offers options when dying that can produce the 'spider' emblem on the back. This might fit well with your desire for a dark/evil theme as you can blend it in with the same color as the surrounding armor so it is just a spider pattern, or you can make it stand out by using a different color entirely.

Going primarily shadow abyss with a few highlights on pieces as needed should achieve the dark/evil look quite well. I have also used mostly dark, steel-toned dyes on the armor in other versions of the dye scheme.

Shoulders are hidden on the armor as I think they are not needed at all and any shoulder armor would ruin the look. (ignore the snow)

I have more photos available that also include creation/makeover kit slider settings if more details are desired:

wow, that actually looks awesome!! thank you for your help and reasoning! that is great! I love it!

cheers! =)

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

She uses mainly Orchid set. I try to mimic the color she has: Purple Ice (pale purple), Sherbet (orange), Evening Wine and Cucumber/Green Apple (green).

Thank you but i meant the face, sliders etc

@"Aodlop.1907" said:Hello, guys !Any idea of a staff that would fit better ? Or any weapon, for that matter !

1525405103-gw2.jpg

maybe, just maybe this? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Funerary_Staff

Hello, I'd really like it if you could give me some suggestions about dyes, and maybe armor pieces on my Charr. but before going into specifics I want to ask you:When choosing Dyes, is there any standard graphical setting I should consider before picking a definitive color scheme on my armor? I ask this because yesterday I got the shoulder armor -a steel piece of armor- I wanted for my leather armor set. but i have it hard when choosing a proper Dye. I put graphics in best appareance while checking some dyes and I found one that I like, but after returning to the "Autodetect" option the dye didn't look anywhere near from how it looked on the best graphical options. So i'm stuck with this dilemma, I can only play on medium specs but if I want to win at fashion wars I need to show off my armor to other players too!

Thanks in advance

@"Wolfb.7025" said:Hello, I'd really like it if you could give me some suggestions about dyes, and maybe armor pieces on my Charr. but before going into specifics I want to ask you:When choosing Dyes, is there any standard graphical setting I should consider before picking a definitive color scheme on my armor? I ask this because yesterday I got the shoulder armor -a steel piece of armor- I wanted for my leather armor set. but i have it hard when choosing a proper Dye. I put graphics in best appareance while checking some dyes and I found one that I like, but after returning to the "Autodetect" option the dye didn't look anywhere near from how it looked on the best graphical options. So i'm stuck with this dilemma, I can only play on medium specs but if I want to win at fashion wars I need to show off my armor to other players too!

Thanks in advance

you cant know what settings other people use. i personally would select them based on what you yourself use, as you are the one looking at that character the most.

@"Wolfb.7025" said:Hello, I'd really like it if you could give me some suggestions about dyes, and maybe armor pieces on my Charr. but before going into specifics I want to ask you:When choosing Dyes, is there any standard graphical setting I should consider before picking a definitive color scheme on my armor? I ask this because yesterday I got the shoulder armor -a steel piece of armor- I wanted for my leather armor set. but i have it hard when choosing a proper Dye. I put graphics in best appareance while checking some dyes and I found one that I like, but after returning to the "Autodetect" option the dye didn't look anywhere near from how it looked on the best graphical options. So i'm stuck with this dilemma, I can only play on medium specs but if I want to win at fashion wars I need to show off my armor to other players too!

Thanks in advance

For Dyes, I find these settings will directly affect its appearance:

• Rendering: giving a crisp model
  • Shader: giving contrast and definition
  • Texture: giving material texture and depth
  • Post-processing: giving gloss, flare and better realistic animation
  • Reflection: giving some spotlight, better realistic lightings

They will affect your computer's performance in various degrees. I tend to find Autodetect did a meh job to pick up the good balance of appearance/performance. I usually try to get at least:

• Rendering: Native
  • Shader: Medium-High
  • Texture: Medium-High
  • Postprocessing: Low
  • and the rest low or none

Most complex leather and metallic dyes will look significantly improved with higher settings of shader and texture. Bright dyes with certain inner glow will profit little more from reflection and postprocessing.

Alright, Shaders are the thing that makes the shoulderpiece look great, but also it slows down my game. I'm gonna try playing with shaders on high with postprocessing and everything else on low.

Anyways here is my Charr:s2i8SQK.jpgOcR8GUs.jpg

Disclaimer, I dont care much about canon in fashionwars so if anything fits I could freely use it. (althought I wouldn't go THAT FAR to using krytan armor for example lol)I'm very content with the dye scheme I picked, the purple really identifies me. I do like to look more or less bulky, thats why I choose the shoulders i'm wearing right now..

So my petition is:

1. Could be there any dyes I could use to improve this looking? specially for the shoulders. I'm willing to buy somewhat expensive dyes just to make an improvement. (and sadly I cant preview dyes because the whole sistem is a mess to deal with).
  2. Any better Leggings and Footgear I could use? taking in consideration that I do like to look somewhat bulky. I was thinking on using Lawless Boots, but to my surprise they're not available right now, I can wait tho if that's the best choice.

Thank you very much in advance.

@"Wolfb.7025" said:Alright, Shaders are the thing that makes the shoulderpiece look great, but also it slows down my game. I'm gonna try playing with shaders on high with postprocessing and everything else on low.

Anyways here is my Charr:s2i8SQK.jpgOcR8GUs.jpg

Disclaimer, I dont care much about canon in fashionwars so if anything fits I could freely use it. (althought I wouldn't go THAT FAR to using krytan armor for example lol)I'm very content with the dye scheme I picked, the purple really identifies me. I do like to look more or less bulky, thats why I choose the shoulders i'm wearing right now..

So my petition is:

1. Could be there any dyes I could use to improve this looking? specially for the shoulders. I'm willing to buy somewhat expensive dyes just to make an improvement. (and sadly I cant preview dyes because the whole sistem is a mess to deal with).
  2. Any better Leggings and Footgear I could use? taking in consideration that I do like to look somewhat bulky. I was thinking on using Lawless Boots, but to my surprise they're not available right now, I can wait tho if that's the best choice.

Thank you very much in advance.

I think the general dye scheme is pretty good. Your character looks noticeable, despite a bit on a cartoonish side. My suggestion on dye improvement is to use the right dye for the right texture: natural for leather and metallic for metal parts. Alternate a bright and a muted shade of purple for more depth and try to add more neutral brown parts in your outfit.

As for the leggings and footgear skins, not many will look bulky on charrs due to their proportion: wide shoulders, back, chest vs very tiny seat, hind legs. Medium leggings look similarly slim across the board. On the other hand, you can try to get the Mursaat Brogan (boots) for a bulkier appearance.

I tried using all the metallic dyes on the shoulders but none could fit the rest of the outfit. The one i'm using right now is the Maroon Dye and it looks pretty decent IMO, but still not as good as I really wanted.About adding more neutral brown on my outfit, I wouldn't know where to add more brown. Only place would be leggings and footgear but these two only has 2 color channels each and it wouldn't look better than using the current colors. And i'm only using 1 channel of purple (besides the shoulder) for the shirt under the armor so i dont know how to implement the shades of purple youre suggesting. Maybe if I post all the colors and armor dye channels could help?For footgear, I think i'll wait until Lawless Boots are available, I dont really like the Mursaat Brogan, I personally prefer having the toe claws free.For Leggings there are pieces that makes me look bulky like the ones I'm currently using, before that I used the Rugged Leggings. and i'm thinking about using Leystone Leggings, let me just get home to show you some screenshots. The thing you say about Charr physics is true, some (or most of the) leggings and boots are kinda tight but i want to avoid using them.

Anyways thanks for your suggestions, if you want to add more tips i'd appreciate it!

• 5 months later...

Hey there, I was hoping you can help me put together a look for my warrior charr. I wanted something that matches this Privateer GreatswordN6Kx8bZ.jpg

Currently i'm just using the 6th birthday armor set, and i'm having trouble picking and matching dyes that work together to match that Privateer greatswordMoKzOW0.jpg

Would love it if you could help me change up my outfit and pick out dyes so that I can match the look of that sword, i'm totally ok with mix and matching pieces from other armor setsThanks :D

@"Agnostic.4305" said:Hey there, I was hoping you can help me put together a look for my warrior charr. I wanted something that matches this Privateer GreatswordN6Kx8bZ.jpg

Currently i'm just using the 6th birthday armor set, and i'm having trouble picking and matching dyes that work together to match that Privateer greatswordMoKzOW0.jpg

Would love it if you could help me change up my outfit and pick out dyes so that I can match the look of that sword, i'm totally ok with mix and matching pieces from other armor setsThanks :D

I love the Luminous armor so I won't make a lot of change for it. I would swap out the shoulders to something a bit more compact, for example, Phalanx shoulders. As for dyes, I would suggest a warmth combo with a hint of red and gold. Here I'm using Tea Shade (bluish steel), Brick (dark red), Cinder (tarnished silver) and Matriarch Brass (brass). I don't have the skin so I can't tell you the exact placement of the dyes, so here hoping the pictures could give you some reference.

1VR1AtI.jpg95kVksj.jpg

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

@"Agnostic.4305" said:Hey there, I was hoping you can help me put together a look for my warrior charr. I wanted something that matches this Privateer Greatsword
N6Kx8bZ.jpg

Currently i'm just using the 6th birthday armor set, and i'm having trouble picking and matching dyes that work together to match that Privateer greatsword
MoKzOW0.jpg

I love the Luminous armor so I won't make a lot of change for it. I would swap out the shoulders to something a bit more compact, for example, Phalanx shoulders. As for dyes, I would suggest a warmth combo with a hint of red and gold. Here I'm using Tea Shade (bluish steel), Brick (dark red), Cinder (tarnished silver) and Matriarch Brass (brass). I don't have the skin so I can't tell you the exact placement of the dyes, so here hoping the pictures could give you some reference.

1VR1AtI.jpg95kVksj.jpg

I really like this, thanks a lot for the help :D

Hey Iris, I'm in desperate need of some fashion advice.

Some background info:I'm usually fairly good of on my own regarding fashion in gw2, nearly all my characters look how I imagine them.

I made this chart ranger to split my gear (healing and DPS) between my 2 rangers.My (now)healer is a sylvari that looks all fancy and magical, with aurora, infusions, Wings of Ascension etc.

I want the charr soulbeast to look a bit more beefy, combat ready, like a type of fighter that goes into battle head on, without relying on magic. I'd also love a touch towards heavy armor on him, with metal plating or something like that.Right now he uses Brahams Wolfblood Outfit with a green/brown/gold/pale blue colour scheme.

The ranger has the Priory's Historical Greatsword skin, which is one of my favourite non-magic skins, but I don't like the longbow skin of that set. I use the Auric longbow skin bit although I like the colours and the size (that "heavy" feeling it has) it is too magical for this character. I tried to match the character with the Priory's Historical Greatsword, regarding colour.

Can you help me? :/ :)