best shortbow class? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

best shortbow class?

which class has the best shortbow that i can use in pve and pvp?

thief, ranger or renegade?

Comments

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

They all have their place.

It is almost required for thief (or so many people say).

Rangers is mostly outclassed but some still use it in wvw.

Don't know renegade well enough to comment.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

Context is important.
    Thief shortbow wins hands down for utility and PvP/WvW.
    The others shine more in PvE. You can make Ranger shortbow work in PvP and WvW, but it is outclassed by other options in that regard.

Healing orbs are a mistake. Please delete them ANet.

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭

I mostly use Short bow on ranger as a primarily PvE player who loves condi builds.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thief for conpetitive modes.
    Ranger for PvE.
    Renegade also mainly PvE but more difficult to master than rangers.

1. Condi Renegade needs a SB to spam Torment, Bleed, and Burn. Which is BTW is the top damage according to Snow Crows.
    2. Thief, like most people say uses SB for mobility and utility in PvP and WvW.
  • Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭

SB as a weapon or as a tool? I can't speak for every class but in case of thief:

It's a great tool for moving around thanks to skill 5 but it generally fails as a weapon. Skill 4 is usable for condi builds but the power option (skill 2) fails completely thanks to how impractical it is from a gameplay point of view (the damage is also quite bad). Skill 1 and 3 are ok(ish) I guess but nothing special either. It's definitely not a good weapon set which is why you almost never see anyone use it aside from tagging stuff and moving around.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

i play renegade, visually is incredible, but the gameplay you do not feel complexity, you feel just spamming skills.

"It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thief. Has mobility, has evade, does a significative amount of damage and has good utility tools (stealth).

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2018

Thief because I am biased and the dreamer is awesome on a thief

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

Renegade SB is crazy fun, tons of AoEs.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.