Ranger is way too strong 1v1 in WvW

Aridon.8362

@whoknocks.4935 said:Lately I am encountering 10 times more soulbeasts than before, must mean something don't you think? And this is just a fact since I am not the only one who noticed this.the builds that are played alot in roaming usually are the ones that are against bad players rather good and easy to play. doesnt mean they are good or easy against good players. i mean thats the reason warrior is still roaming so much, because against bad players its good. but most other roamers when they are good on their profession will just destroy a warrior any day.would you prefer a balance catering to how a bad player feels when facing the build?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MUDse.7623 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Lately I am encountering 10 times more soulbeasts than before, must mean something don't you think? And this is just a fact since I am not the only one who noticed this.the builds that are played alot in roaming usually are the ones that are against bad players rather good and easy to play. doesnt mean they are good or easy against good players. i mean thats the reason warrior is still roaming so much, because against bad players its good. but most other roamers when they are good on their profession will just destroy a warrior any day.would you prefer a balance catering to how a bad player feels when facing the build?

No man, the builds played a lot in roaming are the cheesy ones with a low risk high reward, usually with high burst without much effort to pull off and with easy escapes. They are effective even on good players. On bad players they are insanely good because usually bad players don't know what to dodge.

Warrior is very common because it's so easy to pick up and become good at it, and with double endure pain and double stab pulse, shield block, you can afford many many mistakes without getting punished that much. A good player can kite warrior easily and counter him if he knows what he's doing.

I know you play deadeye from what I've seen, and that's a pretty cheesy roaming spec too. The stupid thing about it it's not the oneshot damage, but the stealth after dodge, it's just a lame mechanic, even if you are skilled you can't interrupt the dodge into stealth, because stealth is applied on dodge, you can't interrupt a dodge, it has no counter at all.

Daredevil pistol5 dagger2 stealth combo can be interrupted by a good player, deadeye stealth cannot.And many people say, just use reveal. And of course deadeye has it's elite removing revealed state and stealth again, it's pretty dumb.

Those build works with no so much effort, that's why I freak out when a full zerk soulbeast or full zerk warrior/spellbreaker, mirage think they are pro in a 1vs1 scenario.

@Aridon.8362 said:It is too hard to kill a ranger, they get too many invulns dodging and stealth and hit like a truck. I block, and they pierce through my shield, I cripple, and they stealth and teleport away, I activate my invuln yet somehow the skill bugs out and allows me to still take physical damage enough is enough my dude. They need a nerf as they have a serious advantage in the roaming scene. I switch to full toughness armor and that bear greatsword skill chomped all of my hp and I'm still questioning how that even happens.

• Thief has more access to stealth than a Ranger
  • Mesmer has more access to teleport (Ranger cannot teleport except for smokescale and that's offensive not defensive).
  • Warrior has more access to invulnerabilitg than a Ranger
  • Ranger power bursts require a certain amount of setup for full effect and can be predicted

The Ranger is such a jack of all and master of none yet it sounds like you're just going up against players who have mastered the class.The key is to understand that because of their limited access to many things you can bait their stealth and know they cannot stealth again for a few seconds, bait their unlockable and then start blocking yourself. Anticipate the worldly impact once they stealth and focus on timing that one dodge.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

No man, the builds played a lot in roaming are the cheesy ones with a low risk high reward, usually with high burst without much effort to pull off and with easy escapes. They are effective even on good players. On bad players they are insanely good because usually bad players don't know what to dodge.

Warrior is very common because it's so easy to pick up and become good at it, and with double endure pain and double stab pulse, shield block, you can afford many many mistakes without getting punished that much. A good player can kite warrior easily and counter him if he knows what he's doing.

I know you play deadeye from what I've seen, and that's a pretty cheesy roaming spec too. The stupid thing about it it's not the oneshot damage, but the stealth after dodge, it's just a lame mechanic, even if you are skilled you can't interrupt the dodge into stealth, because stealth is applied on dodge, you can't interrupt a dodge, it has no counter at all.

Daredevil pistol5 dagger2 stealth combo can be interrupted by a good player, deadeye stealth cannot.And many people say, just use reveal. And of course deadeye has it's elite removing revealed state and stealth again, it's pretty dumb.

Those build works with no so much effort, that's why I freak out when a full zerk soulbeast or full zerk warrior/spellbreaker, mirage think they are pro in a 1vs1 scenario.

what i play is completely irrelevant to the topic. because we dont discuss me as a player, we discuss about professions.see you dont even disagree warrior is common because it is easy against bad players, but its weak against good ones.ranger is better against good players, yet when facing a good player as a ranger, you can no longer let the build play for you or you will lose again.you are correct that deadeye lacks mostly interaction as it is pushed towards stealth play, yet stealth has a terrible counter in reveal wich counters not just the invisibility but all secondary effects, deadeye needs those secondary effects to work. the invisibility is not as important. if you have too much reveal the deadeye is a free kill because he gets stripped of all secondary effects and if you dont have enough you will lose if you fight. so yeah we need to replace reveal with a different counter to invisibility, just as i described over in the thieves forum. but that again is not part of the discussion.i just wanted to point out that popularity highly depends on what is good against the opponents you can expect. if you expect to face rather bad players it would be less efficient to build what is good against good players. as the majority of opponents in WvW are not good, the builds that are popular do not have the focus on being good against good players.

I'm afraid I cannot post in this thread by @"Gaile Gray.6029" 's orders.The amount of posts here that clearly show players do not know, understand or comprehend their own builds or the ones they're fighting is very large.

It's impossible to discuss "balance" if you pretend you're fighting a class that isn't limited to a certain BUILD. I can say FB can give every boon in the game except alacrity at 100% uptime, including 25 might, do 2k+ breakbar dmg, heal very well, do 30k+ condi dps and 25k+ power dps. But the truth is it can't ever do all of these things at once.

Except in WvW or PvP ofcourse. There a holo is a conversion bunker with 5 elixers and 4 exceed skills and arcdpsh4x giving them full zerk, commander and mender at the same time. Where a rev has access to 4 elite skills and a ranger has both 3-5 utility skills used for unblockables and damage modifiers, full zerk and defensive modifiers all at the same time!

WvW is such a wonderful world. :)Before you die, blame the class and come to the forums to talk about balance, go play the class and figure out what it can and cannot do depending on builds. It'll make you a better player (omagod, that's elitist i just wanna play my reapur!). It's not that the meta is balanced, it's that finding a post on these forums that actually accurately describes pvp or wvw balance (much less gives suggestions to IMPROVE it without breaking other modes) is like finding a needle in a haystack. It'd be easier if most users didn't post about things they're not sure of at all.

PS. If you're a person who takes pride in running their own, amazing special builds and you encounter someone with a build so good they completely slaughter you... consider having a look at the meta build for that gamemode / playstyle on that class. Chances are that... it's exactly that one ;)

@Etheri.5406 said:I'm afraid I cannot post in this thread by @"Gaile Gray.6029" 's orders.The amount of posts here that clearly show players do not know, understand or comprehend their own builds or the ones they're fighting is very large.

It's impossible to discuss "balance" if you pretend you're fighting a class that isn't limited to a certain BUILD. I can say FB can give every boon in the game except alacrity at 100% uptime, including 25 might, do 2k+ breakbar dmg, heal very well, do 30k+ condi dps and 25k+ power dps. But the truth is it can't ever do all of these things at once.

Except in WvW or PvP ofcourse. There a holo is a conversion bunker with 5 elixers and 4 exceed skills and arcdpsh4x giving them full zerk, commander and mender at the same time. Where a rev has access to 4 elite skills and a ranger has both 3-5 utility skills used for unblockables and damage modifiers, full zerk and defensive modifiers all at the same time!

WvW is such a wonderful world. :)Before you die, blame the class and come to the forums to talk about balance, go play the class and figure out what it can and cannot do depending on builds. It'll make you a better player (omagod, that's elitist i just wanna play my reapur!). It's not that the meta is balanced, it's that finding a post on these forums that actually accurately describes pvp or wvw balance (much less gives suggestions to IMPROVE it without breaking other modes) is like finding a needle in a haystack. It'd be easier if most users didn't post about things they're not sure of at all.

PS. If you're a person who takes pride in running their own, amazing special builds and you encounter someone with a build so good they completely slaughter you... consider having a look at the meta build for that gamemode / playstyle on that class. Chances are that... it's exactly that one ;)

Just for clarification: Are you agreeing with OP or not?

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:I'm afraid I cannot post in this thread by @"Gaile Gray.6029" 's orders.The amount of posts here that clearly show players do not know, understand or comprehend their own builds or the ones they're fighting is very large.

Just for clarification: Are you agreeing with OP or not?

For 1v1 / duelling or small group roaming, not at all. Freely around the map in a vacuum, they still have strong kite but that's rather standard for roaming builds. It's strong, but not super OP.

For free for all ganking while hugging the safety of objectives and groups, ranger is very safe for how strong it is. They have a lot more freedom in pressuring players and choosing fights than classes like warrior / rev / guardian / ele / ... These need to put themselves at risk a lot more in order to pressure or kill someone a lot more than rangers do. There risk / reward doesn't add up.

@Aridon.8362 said:It is too hard to kill a ranger, they get too many invulns dodging and stealth and hit like a truck. I block, and they pierce through my shield, I cripple, and they stealth and teleport away, I activate my invuln yet somehow the skill bugs out and allows me to still take physical damage enough is enough my dude. They need a nerf as they have a serious advantage in the roaming scene. I switch to full toughness armor and that bear greatsword skill chomped all of my hp and I'm still questioning how that even happens.

• Endure Pain (5 s) + Defy Pain (5 s) = 10 sec total damage immunity
  • Balanced Stance (5 s) + Lesser Balanced Stance (5 s) = 10 sec immunity to critical hits
  • Full Counter: 1/2 s evade
  • 2 dodges (3 dodges with Energy sigil)

As you can see, you have plenty of tools to be immune to power type-damage if you play warrior, even without blocks.

@kappa.2036 said:

• Endure Pain (5 s) + Defy Pain (5 s) = 10 sec total damage immunity
  • Balanced Stance (5 s) + Lesser Balanced Stance (5 s) = 10 sec immunity to critical hits
  • Full Counter: 1/2 s evade
  • 2 dodges (3 dodges with Energy sigil)

As you can see, you have plenty of tools to be immune to power type-damage if you play warrior, even without blocks.

You act like I don't know about those skills and traits, condescending and stating the obvious. Skilled fights take much longer than everything you just mentioned. Like I said inexperienced talking L2P.

@Aridon.8362 said:People keep saying it's a L2P issue, I bet none of you have actually 1v1ed a ranger that actually does a lot of roaming. I know a skilled player when I see one and I can tell already from these comments that alot of you don't actually fit the bill. And those that actually are skilled actually agree with me to an extent.

The biggest flaw with this thread is that people are actually suggesting to go make a ranger and waste time testing out the cons I pointed out to begin with, but there's not actually a need to do so when there is a literal tab for combat logging. It's actually very easy to play ranger compared to warrior (and yes I used to main one back before Hot), I've spent hours throughout the day just looking around for small brawls and 1v1 fights and the biggest class that gives nobody a chance to do anything is in fact the SKILLED ranger in WvW. Just a while back today those two rangers I mentioned previously had wiped out a group of 6 players right in front of me. 6 and they did it by running away and using skills that give an excessive amount of range to an advantage every single time or using the signet skill to proc invuln so they can sneak the greatsword bear maul skill that chews their hip like b cutting through butter. If you can't win against everything in WvW as a ranger 1v1, then you are an unskilled ranger.

Honestly this isn't that big of a deal to me, and I will never see it as an important issue because of the mere fact that wvw isn't about 1v1s and in spvp for some reason every ranger just pretty much sucks these days. I see them as easy prey in spvp and I'm certain a lot of other people do as well.

So rangers are “easy prey” for you in spvp, but a problem for you in wvw... That’s a personal problem then.... Unlike in spvp, a good roamer in wvw isn’t going to stand and fight honorably in a little circle while getting smashed... You’re getting out-played, so take your losses as a learning experience.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:and here I thought it was a daredevil or mesmerIf this means contributing with a constructive post, you have a weird idea of what a constructive post is.mmk... more assumptions too as I know a few medi trap dhs will happily roll with 12-13k health, Im one of them and on the thread most underrated roaming classes youll see I posted medi trap burst as my number 1 favourite roaming class and build.I would like to see you roaming with 12khp guardian and encounter an unblockable quickness soulbeast which get you from 1500 range, you don't even realize what's going on that you are downed already.This proves how little wvw experience you have tho.

so I'm betting one of those would be considered my main and on those 4 professions have over 1k PvP wins each compared to my Ranger who hasn't even earned the champion title yet after 6 years.This post talks of WvW, nothing to do with sPvP, which seems you are more into. If you don't play much WvW you really cannot talk, if you play it casually with weird roaming builds.And guardian running 12k hp while roaming is a proof.

more assumptions tooI explained already enough what I think of soulbeast, and you couldn't contraddict me at all, just attacked me.

Ohai more baseless assumptions....im over 3k rank from roaming and havok groups lol and for the situatuon you described, I use judges intervention in the middle of using whirling wrath or sword teleport and pick up my free loot bag... I believe other users posted similar ways to help you deal with Rangers that you ignored but I'll happily post some more for you as you seem to have a huge issue with Soulbeasts and longbow: These are generic ideas that any class could use, you can get more creative depending on your class.

• Dodge the rapid fire
  • Have a passive stun break so knock back shot doesn't effect you or use stability.
  • Use gap closers
  • Run through the character using rapid fire to cancel the skill out
  • When they land Hunters shot, count to 2 and dodge. If you're on Australian net like I am, count to 1 and dodge.
  • Don't stand in Barrage
  • Gap closers or move closer to them so the long range shot doesn't hit as hard.
  • When in melee range, don't attack the block because that's part of the set up.
  • If you see a giant bear go "ROOOOOOOAR", usually that's a good time to dodge as they are trying to set up the burst from the extra damage you get from maul.

This advice is given on the premise of the thread being a 1v1 situation, In a 1v1 situation the Ranger loses what it needs the most and that's the element of suprise as most of the usefulness of ranger comes from sniping down people who are trying to refresh with cooldowns up or for sniping down people who aren't paying attention to their surroundings. Dying to a ranger usually means they got a gank on ya, you weren't paying attention to your surroundings or you were unlucky that they engaged while you had everything on cooldowns.

And these aren't attacks either, if anyone here is making attacks, its you, hence why I need to keep replying defensively to your wild and baseless accusations.Even when I made a joke to another user here who made a joke, you quoted it and attacked it yourself. Then you sit there and say "stop attacking me"?.... psh.

What could have been a legitimate concern over ranger was trashed by your wild and baseless assumptions, had you said that Worldy Impact can hit too hard or used a realistic and true situation instead such as Beastly Warden proc on Predators Onslaught while using the Worldy Impact, we might have agreed with each other.IkTqmop.jpg?1

See the difference between our posts? I'm being direct and using detail, I'm not saying "3 skills will kill everyone its op so nerf"... I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm not assuming anything of you. I run purely off what you show me and that is you have trouble with soulbeasts, people have given advice and you choose to ignore it, furthermore you lash out with insults, assumptions and accusations onto those willing to help you and report those who disagree with you.... So there's little left to discuss in this thread now as it's obvious it's a learn to play issue and it would be highly unfair for Anet to change the premise of classes and builds just because rock hasn't learnt how to beat scissors yet.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

Ohai more baseless assumptions....im over 3k rank from roaming and havok groups lol and for the situatuon you described, I use judges intervention in the middle of using whirling wrath or sword teleport and pick up my free loot bag... I believe other users posted similar ways to help you deal with Rangers that you ignored but I'll happily post some more for you as you seem to have a huge issue with Soulbeasts and longbow: These are generic ideas that any class could use, you can get more creative depending on your class.

• Dodge the rapid fire
  • Have a passive stun break so knock back shot doesn't effect you or use stability.
  • Use gap closers
  • Run through the character using rapid fire to cancel the skill out
  • When they land Hunters shot, count to 2 and dodge. If you're on Australian net like I am, count to 1 and dodge.
  • Don't stand in Barrage
  • Gap closers or move closer to them so the long range shot doesn't hit as hard.
  • When in melee range, don't attack the block because that's part of the set up.
  • If you see a giant bear go "ROOOOOOOAR", usually that's a good time to dodge as they are trying to set up the burst from the extra damage you get from maul.

I appreciate the feedback even if it's pretty aggressive tho (the second part, but i'll ignore it), I don't know why you can't answer in a moderate manner, but okay.

• Dodge the rapid fireIf you didn't get surprised by it and you know it's coming I don't know if one dodge is enough to cover all the skill duration, usually have to chain an evade with it, "wasting already one dodge plus something else, another dodge or evade frame skill.
  • Have a passive stun break so knock back shot doesn't effect you or use stability.Not every class is carried like warrior by 2 insane passives, for example playing revenant I have zero passives. So it's either dodge it, which is not the easiest thing in the world due to it's animation very fast and without much tells; what remains is stunbreak out of it using an active skill.
  • Use gap closersFair enough, you must use those.Let's sum it up 2 seconds: Ranger at 1200-1500 range used 2 skills (3 if they popped unblockables too); You used: 1 to 2 dodges, an evade frame skill, an active or passive stunbreak, a gap closer skill.
  • Run through the character using rapid fire to cancel the skill out (?)Hmmm not sure about this, running through? You mean walking in the direction of the ranger? I doubt this will cancel the skill, you still get hit by the projectiles. But I might be wrong, so I leave a question mark.
  • When they land Hunters shot, count to 2 and dodge. If you're on Australian net like I am, count to 1 and dodge.Pretty random tactic against stealth, you might get lucky and dodge perfectly the incoming stealth attack or unlucky and waste a dodge.
  • Don't stand in BarrageNothing to say here, but usually you have to either dodge out of it or evade it somehow to avoid cripple, or you get the cripple to cleanse it immediately afterwards.
  • Gap closers or move closer to them so the long range shot doesn't hit as hard.Look above.
  • When in melee range, don't attack the block because that's part of the set up.True, unless you have an unblockable CC.
  • If you see a giant bear go "ROOOOOOOAR", usually that's a good time to dodge as they are trying to set up the burst from the extra damage you get from maul.Another melee skill to dodge.

You forgot the soulbeast shadowstep ability into knockdown into worldly impact which requires other 2 dodges or block if the ranger doesn't have unblockables up.

Soulbeast has constant pressure both ranged and melee, and I repeat, running full zerk or marauder/zerk it's not that big malus and you can get away with it.Some soulbeasts go full melee Gs + Sword/Axe and you easily handle many 2vs1 and have the mobility to escape pretty easily.

"3 skills will kill everyone its op so nerf"I don't remember I ever said "it's op so nerf". I said and I repeat: super low risk, high reward build, and that's why it's so abused lately, no difference from mirages and spellbreakers. That's all.

@whoknocks.4935Soulbeast has to use its elite (OWP or SotP) and typically one or two utilities (usually QZ and/or Sic 'Em) to do a strong enough burst with Rapid Fire to put an enemy at risk of going down from the opening burst. Their heal (WHaO) might also be used for might stacking. Unblockable if used will come from merging for UO, warhorn's CotW while merged, or the signet. Avoid the Rapid Fire and any soulbeast built to burst with longbow will have much of its bar on cooldown.

Also, if you move through a soulbeast's body (their hitbox basically) during Rapid Fire, the skill will cancel instead of finishing because it's channeled and requires its target to be in front of the soulbeast.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:Also, if you move through a soulbeast's body (their hitbox basically) during Rapid Fire, the skill will cancel instead of finishing because it's channeled and requires its target to be in front of the soulbeast.

Which ranger cast rapid fire that close melee range that you can pass through their hitbox realistically?

by using something like judges intervention and running strait through them...

as to your quote on me, you said that a knock back shot, rapid fire and hunters shot is enough kill, this being a 1v1 thread it should be obvious to dodge said set up. As others pointed out too, to pull off something like that would require you to use your whole skill bar to set that damage up which would leave a sitting duck and open food for anyone who bothered to dodge once....

this is where the confusion comes in because you start to claim that a ranger can do that without using any set up or using berserkery gear.

the only times you really die to a ranger one on one is purely because they are more skilled than you or because they caught you with your pants down so to speak.

I get that I came across a bit gnarky im sorry for that but I wonder if you would be too if you had all those accusations and assumptions thrown at you instead.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:Also, if you move through a soulbeast's body (their hitbox basically) during Rapid Fire, the skill will cancel instead of finishing because it's channeled and requires its target to be in front of the soulbeast.

Which ranger cast rapid fire that close melee range that you can pass through their hitbox realistically?

as to your quote on me, you said that a knock back shot, rapid fire and hunters shot is enough kill, this being a 1v1 thread it should be obvious to dodge said set up. As others pointed out too, to pull off something like that would require you to use your whole skill bar to set that damage up which would leave a sitting duck and open food for anyone who bothered to dodge once....

this is where the confusion comes in because you start to claim that a ranger can do that without using any set up or using berserkery gear.

the only times you really die to a ranger one on one is purely because they are more skilled than you or because they caught you with your pants down so to speak.

I get that I came across a bit gnarky im sorry for that but I wonder if you would be too if you had all those accusations and assumptions thrown at you instead.

The time you use judge's intervention, rapid fire is already finished, soulbeast is probably stealthed already, or with longbow stealth or with pet stealth.The tactic to cancel the rapid fire animation is the most useless thing I've ever heard.

If you are a decent soulbeast player you don't waste all your cooldowns on a combo which has a chance to fail, that's dumb.Why use elite, healing skill, sic'em, soulbeast mode, at 1500 range when you are at safety risking to fail it?

Soulbest mode for unblockables, longbow knockback plus rapid fire is already a pretty high damage combo even without the buffs and without using healing, elite etc., and if it fails you still have plenty of comebacks.

Of course if you waste all your skills and fail, if then that guy gap close in melee range you are screwed and die in 3 skills xD You have nothing left to use.

It's like if a spellbreaker pops berserker stance, endure pain and balanced stance immediately at the beginning of the fight and then remains with nothing left to use and die lol.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

maybe not move but teleport, i canceled a soulbeasts rapidfire yesterday with a shadowstep through them.

as now several times the point was made that moving through the soulbeast cancels rapid fire...that is true and wrong.if the soulbeast doesnt move during the channel, you can even teleport though em and they will flip 180° , like holo elite or true shot on DH.but if they move you can walk or teleport onto the other side of the soulbeast wich will then cancel the shot, actually by the soulbeasts own movement.

Do you honestly think that warrior is somehow balanced and that every warrior player wins fights thx to their superior player skill?

@whoknocks.4935 said:

The time you use judge's intervention, rapid fire is already finished, soulbeast is probably stealthed already, or with longbow stealth or with pet stealth.The tactic to cancel the rapid fire animation is the most useless thing I've ever heard.

If you are a decent soulbeast player you don't waste all your cooldowns on a combo which has a chance to fail, that's dumb.Why use elite, healing skill, sic'em, soulbeast mode, at 1500 range when you are at safety risking to fail it?

Soulbest mode for unblockables, longbow knockback plus rapid fire is already a pretty high damage combo even without the buffs and without using healing, elite etc., and if it fails you still have plenty of comebacks.

Of course if you waste all your skills and fail, if then that guy gap close in melee range you are screwed and die in 3 skills xD You have nothing left to use.

It's like if a spellbreaker pops berserker stance, endure pain and balanced stance immediately at the beginning of the fight and then remains with nothing left to use and die lol.

Why do you even ask for advice if you immediatly reject any kind of advice?Wverything he said is perfectly right and works fantastically. A ranger sometimes just gets a third of their rapid fire done due to that you can walk through them.JI is pretty much instantly in the face of the ranger sure it has 300 range less than RF bit guardian has more mobility to play with than JI and grestword leap JI during Whirling wrath and whirling behind the ranger most often led either to death or retreat.But why do i even tell this if you totally reject the idea of counterplay.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@"Shadowcat.2680" said:Also, if you move through a soulbeast's body (their hitbox basically) during Rapid Fire, the skill will cancel instead of finishing because it's channeled and requires its target to be in front of the soulbeast.

Why do you even ask for advice if you immediatly reject any kind of advice?Wverything he said is perfectly right and works fantastically. A ranger sometimes just gets a third of their rapid fire done due to that you can walk through them.JI is pretty much instantly in the face of the ranger sure it has 300 range less than RF bit guardian has more mobility to play with than JI and grestword leap JI during Whirling wrath and whirling behind the ranger most often led either to death or retreat.But why do i even tell this if you totally reject the idea of counterplay.

There is counterplay, but on a ranger who is not dumb to waste all his skill at the beginning of the fight, he immediately has the advantage over you.As I said, he most of the times uses soulbeast mode, longbow knockback and rapid fire, 3 skills freecasted from safety range.And you already used 1 to 2 dodges, a stunbreak and a gap closer. Of course going close he has to retreat.But you have to be careful of a precast wordly impact, which good players do, they precast it on the moment you are gap closing and exactly when you meet them melee you get melted by a timed worldly impact, and i admit that requires skill and timing to pull of.But many even run the immob trait so as soon as you go close you are rooted for a quite a bit and he has time to reassest or combo burst.Again I repeat I'm not calling the class op and nerfs needed, I was just mad when people were calling it high skill build, when instead it's just the same as a spellbreaker, mirage, deadeye etc. Low risk high reward.In a pure duel 1vs1 or roaming 1vs1 in which you see the ranger coming to you, and if it's not a completely open field with zero obstacles, life is easier for you to deal with him, have more preparation to react fast, but if you get caught somehow by knockback and rapid fire and don't react fast enough you already lost that fight if that soulbeast is not completely handless.Again, knockback plus rapid fire without any prep of buffs, dish out already a pretty good amount of damage able to bring even tankier targets to about 50% health.That's all.

I leave the video of this guy, which is pretty good at soulbeast, so you see what I mean.

Yeah maybe the enemies are not that great, but for example he gets hit my an holo Prime Light Beam, stunbreak, heal full health downed enemy xDAnd he faces one enemy followed by another, and he wasn't "wasted" after using his combo like you all are saying.Killed a spellbreaker, an holo and a scourge in succession without cuts.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"Shadowcat.2680" said:Also, if you move through a soulbeast's body (their hitbox basically) during Rapid Fire, the skill will cancel instead of finishing because it's channeled and requires its target to be in front of the soulbeast.

There is counterplay, but on a ranger who is not dumb to waste all his skill at the beginning of the fight, he immediately has the advantage over you.As I said, he most of the times uses soulbeast mode, longbow knockback and rapid fire, 3 skills freecasted from safety range.And you already used 1 to 2 dodges, a stunbreak and a gap closer. Of course going close he has to retreat.But you have to be careful of a precast wordly impact, which good players do, they precast it on the moment you are gap closing and exactly when you meet them melee you get melted by a timed worldly impact, and i admit that requires skill and timing to pull of.But many even run the immob trait so as soon as you go close you are rooted for a quite a bit and he has time to reassest or combo burst.Again I repeat I'm not calling the class op and nerfs needed, I was just mad when people were calling it high skill build, when instead it's just the same as a spellbreaker, mirage, deadeye etc. Low risk high reward.In a pure duel 1vs1 or roaming 1vs1 in which you see the ranger coming to you, and if it's not a completely open field with zero obstacles, life is easier for you to deal with him, have more preparation to react fast, but if you get caught somehow by knockback and rapid fire and don't react fast enough you already lost that fight if that soulbeast is not completely handless.Again, knockback plus rapid fire without any prep of buffs, dish out already a pretty good amount of damage able to bring even tankier targets to about 50% health.That's all.

I leave the video of this guy, which is pretty good at soulbeast, so you see what I mean.
Yeah maybe the enemies are not that great, but for example he gets hit my an holo Prime Light Beam, stunbreak, heal full health downed enemy xDAnd he faces one enemy followed by another, and he wasn't "wasted" after using his combo like you all are saying.Killed a spellbreaker, an holo and a scourge in succession without cuts.

I will always respect somebody who comes out and state the hard truth...Yes the game is full of low risk/high reward builds and there is no reason to play anything else other than tryhard to prove a point , like somebody running 30 miles per day to a location instead than catch the train/bus .

You run cheese because you will be cheesed all day from others, so no fault in my choices, the theme of GW2 is low risk=high reward for the casual playerbase and that's fine, I like your sincerity and what I hate it's the attitude shown by the OP...he plays a damn spellbreaker and dare to complain about fair fight...C'MON people!