Without looking it up on the Wiki: Do you even know the name of the Legendary Harpoon Gun...?

Oglaf.1074

Without looking it up on the Wiki: Do you even know the name of the Legendary Harpoon Gun...?Without looking it up on the wiki, I don't know the name half the things in the game, because it's just a name; I care more about what things do (or sometimes how they look) then what jargon we use to describe them. For the longest time, my mesmer had skills such as Car Alarm, zipline into terrain, Illusionary Bearbow, and Bubble of Projectile Hate. Plus, seriously, how many veterans know that it's the Signet of Humility these days, instead of Polymoroph Moa or just "Moa"?

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Without looking it up on the Wiki: Do you even know the name of the Legendary Harpoon Gun...?Without looking it up on the wiki, I don't know the name half the things in the game, because it's just a name; I care more about what things do (or sometimes how they look) then what jargon we use to describe them. For the longest time, my mesmer had skills such as
, and
. Plus, seriously, how many veterans know that it's the Signet of Humility these days, instead of
or just "Moa"?

Well, in that case let it be known I likewise don’t know what they look like either.

Also, well, Legendaries are Legendaries after all. If any item in the game exists that people should, and do, know the names of it is them. :lol:

The thought to make this thread just came to me because I realized that while I’m well-versed with most Legendaries (even those I never plan on getting) I had no clue about these underwater ones, and I wanted to see if I was the only one or if that is how most people are given the nature of underwater content. :hushed:

I can't remember what 1/2 the legendaries even look like. I remember most of the ones I like, and one or two others I see a lot but there's been more than once when I've had to go to the Wiki and check because I know there is at least one legendary for each weapon but I haven't got a clue what it is.

Same with traits and skills. It's slightly easier now with traits, back before the system was reworked people would just say things like Fire IV or Beastmaster VII and I'd wonder how on earth they can remember the function and number of every single one. My mind retains a lot of useless information but that's not part of it.

Why placing the importance on the name of legendary weapons when they are just simple gold sink? When not everyone cares to own them? TBF, I don't even remember half of the names of gen 2 legendary weapons, and some would escape my memory after sometimes. Why do you have to go round about to make your point?

Yes I do. When I started to gather information about legendary weapons after playing the game for a while I disliked almost all of these weapons (too much bling, tacky, pretentious, not my taste). But the harpoon gun caught my attention, I liked the idea of being surrounded by a swarm of fish, especially nice with a ranger. The harpoon gun is my only legendary weapon and I am not sure if I want another one.