Ogres, Dredge, and Hylek in Eternal Battlegrounds — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ogres, Dredge, and Hylek in Eternal Battlegrounds

Hi hi! Can we expect to see an update to the Ogres, Dredge, and Hylek in EB? I feel that these strategically located encampments are far too easy to take and offer very little incentive to keep or defend. Also, these NPCs seem to be built for an older version of the game, as they haven't really scaled up with player powercreep.

If I may suggest some possible twists on the current setup:

• some sort of bonus for controlling all 3 encampments.
  • the ability to send reinforcements to a nearby tower, manually.
  • encampment NPC's use powerful CCs, snares, and Reveal to make it difficult for enemies to traverse the area
  • Fractal-like environmental effects against enemies.
  • Bloodlust-like environmental effects for allies.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your time!

Tagged:

Comments

• It's something that's come up, but it's not something that would make it very high on the priority list for quite a while.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Senior Game Designer

• Zietlogik.6208Zietlogik.6208 Member ✭✭✭

@ClaraFee.2579 said:
    Hi hi! Can we expect to see an update to the Ogres, Dredge, and Hylek in EB? I feel that these strategically located encampments are far too easy to take and offer very little incentive to keep or defend. Also, these NPCs seem to be built for an older version of the game, as they haven't really scaled up with player powercreep.

If I may suggest some possible twists on the current setup:

• some sort of bonus for controlling all 3 encampments.
    • the ability to send reinforcements to a nearby tower, manually.
    • encampment NPC's use powerful CCs, snares, and Reveal to make it difficult for enemies to traverse the area
    • Fractal-like environmental effects against enemies.
    • Bloodlust-like environmental effects for allies.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your time!

It would be interesting if these areas added bonuses to areas you control when under a server's control, so capturing them for example, would add something like:

Hylek:
    - Areas you control now grant a poison on hit buff.
    - Areas around structures you control contain poison clouds that poison and reveal enemies.

Ogres:
    - Guards in areas you control now have companions.
    - Enemies struck by player attacks in areas you control become "tracked" until they leave the controlled area.

Dredge:
    - Guard reinforcements (respawns) arrive twice as fast.
    - Gain "Dredge Inspiration" for 10 seconds every 1 minute. Gaining Immunity to blind and 2 stacks of Stability.

And these could be SERVER wide, so it would apply to all 4 maps.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

They are fine as is.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Darlgon.9273Darlgon.9273 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018

@Justine.6351 said:
    They are fine as is.

"They all taste like chicken, esp when sauteed. with BarBQ sauce."
    Seriously? They are not "fine" as much as a group of PVE mobs you can take one person in, flip to your side. Then they go and die to the NPC guards at the camps once in a while, to make them think you are attacking their camp. They sure are useless as additional camp guards.

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

Rather than changing the nature of these camps, remove all the water from hylek area. Water prevents you from seeing AoE and makes it very, very unfun to play in. The water doesn't extend to the towers themselves, giving the side which holds the tower a massive advantage.

Ogre is a good spot to lure enemies. Dredge, anza side and WC side are good spots to lure enemies. QL / Klovan / hylek is an awful spot to draw enemies from both sides. It's entirely water followed by siege from these towers or pushing very deep into enemy terrain and respawns, after getting through the water and the siege.

The visibility in water is so bad it hampers gameplay and makes various areas of the map used infrequently. It heavily limits the options of blue and green to fight eachother in groups on EB. This leads to stalemates between the strongest and second strongest group and promotes them to attack the third, red side (typically the weakest side).

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Darlgon.9273 said:

@Justine.6351 said:
    They are fine as is.

"They all taste like chicken, esp when sauteed. with BarBQ sauce."
    Seriously? They are not "fine" as much as a group of PVE mobs you can take one person in, flip to your side. Then they go and die to the NPC guards at the camps once in a while, to make them think you are attacking their camp. They sure are useless as additional camp guards.

They aren't meant to thwart attempts at camp captures, only delay it. And btw, I've come to camps where they have cleared out the camp NPCs...

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.