New playable race

Xar.1387

I wont write too much...

DWARVES!

Fantasy universe isnt complete without these little, bearded guys.New playable race like that could bring alot of new players to the game. And also veterans.There's also alot of mmorpg players that identify with dwarves and its really hard to find another race for them in gw2.So many of them cant fit into this universe. Adding them to the game would bring many benefits with a relatively small amount of work.

(And yes: I know lore pretty well. There's alot of options for dwarves to make epic comeback)

@infrequentia.3465 said:but they can't comeback

there all dead except for ogden but thats just a head

They're not dead, they're just underground fighting the destroyers. And Ogden isn't just a head, he's the dwarf who works with the Priory and who helps us get to Glint's Lair during the living story. The one who is just a head is Rhoban (who also teams up with the Priory later).

The other dwarves might well come back into the story at some point, especially if we end up fighting Primordius or otherwise going underground. But I think it's unlikely they'll ever be a playable race because they're now completely single-minded and devoted to fighting the destroyers so they wouldn't be able to do anything else.

New races won't happen in the near future, this has been established and explained ad nauceum.Can u prove it somehow?

Also ppl (including devs) don't want generic fantasy tropes in the game (why do you think the dwarves went extinct)

Really? So why those generic fantasy tropes already exist then? There's already ALOT of them in GW2.Even dwarves already exist. I am not writing about creating whole new race, right? Dwarves already exist in this "not generic fantasy" universe :DAnd there's alot of informations about them.

Also "devs/players dont want" argument in 2k18? Really? They didnt want mounts too. While right now every1 uses it. Same with raids.

I will tell you something. People very often do not know what they want. Until they got it.

there all dead except for ogden but thats just a headDo not mislead people if you do not know something, please."A lie repeated a thousand times becomes true" And it looks like it worked with dwarves.Many short minded people were telling others that dwarves are dead. And now alot of people blindly repeats it.

@Danikat.8537 said:

They're not dead, they're just underground fighting the destroyers. And Ogden isn't just a head, he's the dwarf who works with the Priory and who helps us get to Glint's Lair during the living story. The one who is just a head is Rhoban (who also teams up with the Priory later).

Rhoban still has part of his upper torso as well as his head. And we have his thumb.

Here’s the most recent thing they’ve said about new races

GW2 meet and greet

I asked whether they have even considered adding a new race for PoF. Mike said that no and then added that new races in GW2 are "not impossible but very unlikely" to appear in the future. Implementing them would require a lot of resources that can be spent better on creating new content relevant for all players.

@Magek.4718 said:

@derd.6413 said:New races won't happen in the near future, this has been established and explained ad nauceum.Also ppl (including devs) don't want generic fantasy tropes in the game (why do you think the dwarves went extinct)

Just like mounts

Not comparable. Mounts had design issues to not be implemented, new races have development issues.

@"Xar.1387" said:Really? So why those generic fantasy tropes already exist then? There's already ALOT of them in GW2.Even dwarves already exist. I am not writing about creating whole new race, right? Dwarves already exist in this "not generic fantasy" universe :DAnd there's alot of informations about them.

Also "devs/players dont want" argument in 2k18? Really? They didnt want mounts too. While right now every1 uses it. Same with raids.

They never said they didn't want mounts or raids.

They said that there would be no mounts in game at launch. I don't remember them saying anything about not adding raids.

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:New races won't happen in the near future, this has been established and explained ad nauceum.Also ppl (including devs) don't want generic fantasy tropes in the game (why do you think the dwarves went extinct)

Just like mounts

Not comparable. Mounts had design issues to not be implemented, new races have development issues.

Other games do it, I don't see why we're considering Anet to be less capable

@Magek.4718 said:

Just like mounts

It’s not a matter of capability it’s a matter of resource allocation. They’ve decided that the money spent would be better going towards new content relevant for all players rather than new races relevant only for those players who would make and play that race.

@Magek.4718 said:

Just like mounts

It's not that they couldn't do it, it's that it's incredibly expensive.

The most obvious cost is voicing male and female characters for all the story instances, some ambient dialogue, combat chatter and so on in English, French, German and maybe Chinese. Few MMOs have fully voiced main characters.

There's also the cost of creating or tweaking animations and armour meshes for the new race.

There's also the cost of writing their story and creating the relevant instances in order to get them into the pact as commander.

Basically their position is that the resources would be better spent on creating content for everyone to enjoy, not just those who create a new character.

@Magek.4718 said:

Just like mounts

On top of what @Just a flesh wound.3589 and @Pifil.5193 said there's also to consider that races in gw2 are alot less then in other games, the only diffrences are: appearance, useless racial skills (and not even on all classes) and early story.

@Xar.1387 said:DWARVES!Fantasy universe isnt complete without these little, bearded guys.

Any fantasy universe trying not to copy-paste lord of the rings isWe got Asura, sorry they don’t have beards

@Xar.1387 said:There's also alot of mmorpg players that identify with dwarves and its really hard to find another race for them in gw2.

On the contrary, the dwarves will be the hardest to implement because they’re borderline extinct, and the remaining few are The Great Dwarf.And there’s plenty of other options, besides being original.Tengu, the Largos, heck, even the Margonites could return as a playable race

@Danikat.8537 said:

The other dwarves might well come back into the story at some point, especially if we end up fighting Primordius or otherwise going underground. But I think it's unlikely they'll ever be a playable race because they're now completely single-minded and devoted to fighting the destroyers so they wouldn't be able to do anything else.

I think you’re overestimating how many dwarves there still are.There’s even a dwarf who thought he was the last until he heard Ogden survived as well.

@Magek.4718 said:

Just like mounts

“Then play (insert other game)”One game having Y is literally zero argument for another game to have it.Othrwise there would only be one game with everything.The Elder Rune-World of Guildwars-Craft Scrolls-Scape it would be called, I bet

Edit; it would be called the Black Desert of the Elder Rune-World of Guildwars-Craft Scrolls-Scape