[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Iirc the immersive combat mod allows you to clean up the UI for stuff like daily/story etc. But I've only heard other players talk about it here on the forums so don't know the details.

To get rid of all the pulsating-disco-fever-light on the screen, no idea other than adjusting some options. Though it is sorely needed.

Doesn't the Content Guide point to new events when they appear? I admit I hardly ever use it, but I thought it prioritised events, at least if you turn off the Personal Story.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Or give a bigger range that we can see events on the mini map. That would help a lot too.

That would work too. It does seem like the range for being told an event is happening and the range for them showing up on the map should be the same.

Under the Options menu, there is a setting referred to as the "Content Guide" that allows the user to indicate local map content of interest to them. Options include tracking all relevant events, personal story, and map completion. However, a fundamental flaw with the current Content Guide is that for relevant zones there is no way of disabling formerly completed repeatable hearts in the local area without disabling other map completion objectives.

In the Living World Season 3, Path of Fire, and Living World Season 4 maps, this feature would be a significant quality-of-life improvement for the player (especially since repeatable hearts appear to be the way of the future). The most extreme examples where this feature would be beneficial are on the maps for the Elon Riverlands and the Domain of Vabbi. Elon Riverlands has 6 repeatable heart regions, however none of these cover the region in the northwest corner of the map. The Domain of Vabbi has 8 repeatable heart regions, none of which cover the eastern side of the map (ala the Branded region). In the core Tyria and Heart of Thorns maps of the game world, this would not be an issue for map completion as the hearts are not repeatable and the Content Guide can navigate to the next relevant feature. However, it appears that repeatable heart regions (even regions previously completed) take priority in the Content Guide over exploring new areas of the map. This makes performing true map completion in these regions extremely frustrating as players cannot easily determine what regions of the map have been visited yet for waypoints, points of interest, hero challenges, and most importantly unexplored territory. As an example, the point of interest "The Boneyard" in the southwest corner of Domain of Vabbi can easily get overlooked until the nearby heart regions have been completed.

Based on some preliminary research, this topic has been brought up multiple times already. Below are some of the threads bringing up this very suggestion (or similar ones):

I expect there may be some technical limitations preventing the requested feature from being implemented. If that is the case, I would be grateful to at least be informed that this is a feature that cannot be reasonably implemented or is not in the development plans.

Thank you for your consideration.

Note: While it is useful, hovering over the icons in the map window to indicate unidentified POIs, hero challenges, etc is an insufficient solution as it does not address the issue of unexplored map territory.

There could be a compass option simply called "map completion", which would then take this into account, as well as ignore nearby events.

On the other hand, it'd be handy to also have an "events only" compass setting, for those people only there for the daily.

Either way, I think the compass guide should never really point towards previously finished hearts, I like using it as a hint on what to do with my time, and "repeating hearts I already once did" is very low on my "list of things that motivate me".

Perhaps a different solution would be to have a check box to skip hearts entirely (which I would not mind at all since I find filling hearts the most boring task ever).

Oh, this thread, again. Yes, it would be nice if, when I'm trying to do map completion, I can see the usual map completion directions on the content guide instead of the completed heart I have no interest in re-doing. It would save me the trouble of constantly opening the map, disrupting what I’m doing, trying to find where my next map completion item is.

To clarify, the biggest challenge for map completion is making progress on unexplored territory in your current zone and adjacent zones. Unexplored territory in your current zone appears to be the second lowest priority item for the Content Guide, only beaten by unexplored territory in adjacent zones. It seems like a repeatable heart on the opposite side of your current map takes priority in the Content Guide over moving into unexplored territory relatively nearby. Being able to disable completed repeatable hearts in the Content Guide would go a long way towards improving quality-of-life for map explorers.

@"MaliceAwakening.9205" said:Being able to disable completed repeatable hearts in the Content Guide would go a long way towards improving quality-of-life for map explorers.

As a map explorer that never really stopped me so long as I have a map I can look at. The irony here is that the content guide won't show you stuff you haven't been in proximity to, unless its an unexplored section. That distinction is important, because map complete is centered around "icons", and the content guide doesn't point to icons you haven't encountered yet. Something I'm ok with, because it demands reading comprehension when you're supposedly "stuck/lost".

But then again I'm kind of old school........ be not a slave to the little dotted line.

It would be really helpful for me if a 'Salvage all salvage items' option could be added to the right-click menu on salvage kits. This would affect all the items in the Salvage Item category - the ones whose only purpose is to be salvaged or sold on the TP.

I always salvage them and I often do that first when sorting out my inventory because it's an easy way to clear some slots....except for the fact that I have to double click the salvage kit and then search through my inventory to find them. The alternative is to leave it until after I've sorted everything else out and I'm down to just equipment (and salvage items) I want to salvage (with anything I want to keep hidden in my invisible bag) because then I can use 'salvage all masterwork and below' which includes them. But then I lose the benefit of clearing the slots early in the process so it's easier to sort through what's left. It's sometimes preferable, especially when I have a lot of salvage items (like the 150 centaur hides I ended up with after doing the leather farm in Lake Doric for about 20 minutes while waiting for an event) but still annoying.

I don't know how easy it would be to make this change, but if it can be done without too much trouble it would be a big help for me.

(On a related note I've really appreciated the existing salvage kit options over the last week. I'm in the process of getting my main set up for raids and between trying to decide on a role and stats and making exotics to use in PvE in the interim I've had a lot of extra gear in my bags, including salvagable exotics and sellable ascended and I wasn't able to fit it all in my invisible bag, which is very unusual for me. So if I wasn't able to use right-click > Salvage all Rare/Masterwork and below I'm sure I would have accidentally salvaged something I needed while clicking through it all.)

@Plautze.6290 said:As an alternative, let us mark items as 'Marked for Salvage' and right-click on the Salvage Item for 'Salvage all marked'.

That wouldn't be any good to me because I'd still have to hunt through all the drops in my inventory to identify the items I want to mark for salvage. My goal here is to add salvage items to the things I can clear out very quickly when I first open my inventory, so it's easier to sort through the remaining stuff which I don't always do the same thing with.

@"Plautze.6290" said:As an alternative, let us mark items as 'Marked for Salvage' and right-click on the Salvage Item for 'Salvage all marked'.

How would this work? Take a specific heavy chest piece for example, like a chain coat. The same item can have a wide variety of names, levels, stats, and runes. "Mighty chain coat," "Malign chain coat," etc. Wouldn't you have to mark each "version" as salvageable? Or are you only proposing certain items can be marked salvageable?