Obtaining WvW and PvP specific rewards in PvE — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Obtaining WvW and PvP specific rewards in PvE

Gausson.7836Gausson.7836 Member
edited August 23, 2018 in Aug 2018: Systems Team

Hi everyone. I would like to discuss that WvW and PvP specific rewards should be able to obtain from PvE contents.

First, in the reward track of WvW and PvP, it allows non PvE player to get PvE awards because players may prefer to play in different game mode. Should be fair that PvE players have the same treatment?

Second, as PvE players jump to PvP and WvW because of their specific awards like Gift of Battle, specific armor skins without prior experiences, this will just make the experience of different game mode become worse. You can reference to different WvW and PvP players for their comment on pugs are ruining the experience of PvP and WvW.

• PvP players may queued with PvE players which is not experience enough to do the "right" thing at the "right" time.
  • WvW players may also have to run with PvE players which are not experience enough that they are not even know how to listen to commands which can make it a good fight.
  • PvE player go into PvP and WvW will just be slayed to be pips or bags. They will feel bad and never want to touch such content.

You may say, everyone should learn to play in different game mode, however, I believe most of them would not prefer to learn different game mode because they JUST want to get the reward and run away from that content. If the player wants to enjoy in different content, they will try to learn it from Youtube, from friends, from guildmates. It is always bad to force someone to learn something no matter in real life or in virtual life.

Suggestion:
It can be hard put different game mode items as reward track back into PvE as PvE content is very rich. Can it be a currency exchange between different game mode?

Comments

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

Which part of the reward track rewards is NOT achievable in PvE except for :
    -the one-time jungle tracks and temporary event tracks
    -mist pvp one / gift of battle wvw one
    -exclusive glorious / triumphant tracks
    -2 mystic clovers per full track that you can ONLY convert into cash by ... doing a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of PvE.

I must go do story mode kitten for 30 minutes being nearly-afk every 3 months to unlock a new reward track just to get access to my WvW / PvE loot ;)
    Almost everything in reward tracks you can get "easier" in PvE.

• @Etheri.5406 said:
    -2 mystic clovers per full track that you can ONLY convert into cash by ... doing a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of PvE.

I must go do story mode kitten for 30 minutes being nearly-afk every 3 months to unlock a new reward track just to get access to my WvW / PvE loot ;)

IMO, Devs should really think about the exchange of rewards between different game mode.

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2018

@Gausson.7836 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:

IMO, Devs should really think about the exchange of rewards between different game mode.

So do you want to start with 2 armor sets and 2 weapon sets from pvp / wvw in the reward tracks, or the dozens of sets, huge amounts of materials, gold and legendaries (or their mandatory components) that appear to be exclusive to PvE? :thinking:

Or are we including the higher tiers of triumphant / glorious armors?

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Does the reverse hold true:

Since the most likely reward looked for here is the GoB.

Allow WvW players ranked 2k or higher to count their WvW map completion instead of doing the PvE map completion. That would allow a dedicated WvW player to get the GoE that way instead.

Thank You for the {MEME}

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.