Ranger is way too strong 1v1 in WvW

Aridon.8362

@DeceiverX.8361Just about everything I stated in my above post is fact, so not sure what to tell you. SoS (not Stoneform, my post never referenced Stoneform) already had its cd/duration halved. The range of ranger longbow is due to how arcing projectiles work. The only thing subjective about my earlier post is whether or not a soulbeast would choose to leave beastmode immediately upon entering it for the sake of maximizing UU uptime at the cost of less time actually spent in beastmode.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"mrauls.6519" said:The main issue I have with Soul Beast is how it can perform unblockable attacks for 4 WHOLE seconds. It should be like the first 3 hits... and if they miss it should remove 1 stack. Ranger does have a lot of sustain (core/Druid/Soul Beast).

The main issue here there is something going through your rotation of blocks and you hating on it...the main issue here is the same as always...."typical GW2 cheese build which let casuals believe to be the next coming of jesus for MMO...next the cheese build get cheesed and all hell break lose"

Unblockable skills/traits are becoming abundant in game because the devs realise that the amount of blocks has gone out of control, to a point where certain classes can keep a near constant defensive wall negating all sort of direct dmg effectively hard countering many professions, making them close to unplayable

...shield...shelter....sword...focus......yeah easy to make miserable the life of a direct dmg dealer that lacks unblockable....let's insert here your L2P comment as habit dictates

The OP plays a spellbreaker....and that says everything already...those who would agree with the OP, equally play an "easy" mode spec abundant in blocks/evasions and that would make sense

Maybe before addressing unblockable skills/trait in game...we should address the hefty amount of blocks available to certain classes ...oh look it seems you play one of them...

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:The main issue I have with Soul Beast is how it can perform unblockable attacks for 4 WHOLE seconds. It should be like the first 3 hits... and if they miss it should remove 1 stack. Ranger does have a lot of sustain (core/Druid/Soul Beast).

The main issue here there is something going through your rotation of blocks and you hating on it...the main issue here is the same as always...."typical GW2 cheese build which let casuals believe to be the next coming of jesus for MMO...next the cheese build get cheesed and all hell break lose"

Unblockable skills/traits are becoming abundant in game because the devs realise that the amount of blocks has gone out of control, to a point where
certain classes can keep a near constant defensive wall negating all sort of direct dmg
effectively hard countering many professions, making them close to unplayable

...shield...shelter....sword...focus......yeah easy to make miserable the life of a direct dmg dealer that lacks unblockable....
let's insert here your L2P comment as habit dictates

The OP plays a spellbreaker....and that says everything already...those who would agree with the OP, equally play an "easy" mode spec abundant in blocks/evasions and that would make sense

Maybe before addressing unblockable skills/trait in game...we should address the hefty amount of blocks available to certain classes ...oh look it seems you play one of them...

Who are you fighting in PvP that uses shelter? Bunker Guardians in WvW? I like how you make everything seem easy... 4 seconds where you're unblockable is ridiculous for any profession. It needs to be changed. Guardians are built around blocking attacks... They are part of the group with the lowest health pool in game. It's the class design. What don't you understand? If you want Guardians to have less blocks, raise their HP pool to max... lmfao

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Unblockable skills/traits are becoming abundant in game because the devs realise that the amount of blocks has gone out of control, to a point where
certain classes can keep a near constant defensive wall negating all sort of direct dmg

...shield...shelter....sword...focus......yeah easy to make miserable the life of a direct dmg dealer that lacks unblockable....

If there are too many blocks in the game, they should be nerfed, and not unblockable access increased. That's what I said in my original post. This rock-paper-scissors gameplay is out of control.

Otherwise leaving things as they are shuts out a variety of builds or even classes (Core Guard/DH) which strictly depend on blocks as their active defense.

I can only imagine the frustration coming from many players about a trait on something like thief which denied all healing and damage negation upon using Steal. As far as the Soulbeast into core/DH matchup goes, this is pretty much what it looks like, considering RF one-skill-kills guardian outside of full tank builds or burning major skills like Renewed Focus.

I have no objections to the soulbeast dealing the damage it deals. But I also play one because of how effective it is. It's extremely easy and seriously lacks counterplay in a ton of matchups.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

If there are too many blocks in the game, they should be nerfed, and not unblockable access increased. That's what I said in my original post. This rock-paper-scissors gameplay is out of control.

Otherwise leaving things as they are shuts out a variety of builds or even classes (Core Guard/DH) which strictly depend on blocks as their active defense.

I can only imagine the frustration coming from many players about a trait on something like thief which denied all healing and damage negation upon using Steal. As far as the Soulbeast into core/DH matchup goes, this is pretty much what it looks like, considering RF one-skill-kills guardian outside of full tank builds or burning major skills like Renewed Focus.

I have no objections to the soulbeast dealing the damage it deals. But I also play one because of how effective it is. It's extremely easy and seriously lacks counterplay in a ton of matchups.

Thank you for this post. Some people don't want to accept the fact it's EASY

discussion about soulbeast here seems to be ping ponging back and forth between wvw and pvp without really any clarification in most of the posts I'm seeing which in turn just makes this entire thread all the more confusing. Personally I believe there are a few things that should be changed about ranger to alleviate some problems but the manner of which I'm seeing people talk about it here just makes everything sound so much absurdly worse then it really is.

Personally on a matter I'm not quite sure about myself is the rangers up time on unblockable attacks, since it can very much so nuke certain builds down quite easily. But on the other hand I know that the ranger heavily relies on unblockable attacks to do ANY damage at all on some targets so it's not really quite easy to just say nerf it to hell and back.

-Sustain-Gimmick Damage

Pick one please because you can't spec for both at the same time.

I know the meme is that ranger's some kind of brick house nuclear bomb that's paradoxically totally useless in a zerg but please engage with reality.

@Turk.5460 said:I wish killing the pet actually did something against soulbeasts. There is literally no point in the pet having a health bar as it is instantly revived when they exit beastform.

For WvW this is pretty much irrelevant. Even on a normal ranger/druid, killing the pet is only a factor in very specific builds that probably would have died to you regardless considering the time it takes to even kill two pets. And much like with other gimmicky builds like condi mirage/thief relying on people being idiots, builds relying on pets becomes worse and worse the more people you fight.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I wish killing the pet actually did
something
against soulbeasts. There is literally no point in the pet having a health bar as it is instantly revived when they exit beastform.

For WvW this is pretty much irrelevant. Even on a normal ranger/druid, killing the pet is only a factor in very specific builds that probably would have died to you regardless considering the time it takes to even kill two pets. And much like with other gimmicky builds like condi mirage/thief relying on people being idiots, builds relying on pets becomes worse and worse the more people you fight.

You couldn't have said better.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I wish killing the pet actually did
something
against soulbeasts. There is literally no point in the pet having a health bar as it is instantly revived when they exit beastform.

Killing the pet stopped being relevant when HoT made the regen dodge tank Ranger build obsolete.

@Aridon.8362 said:It is too hard to kill a ranger, they get too many invulns dodging and stealth and hit like a truck. I block, and they pierce through my shield, I cripple, and they stealth and teleport away, I activate my invuln yet somehow the skill bugs out and allows me to still take physical damage enough is enough my dude. They need a nerf as they have a serious advantage in the roaming scene. I switch to full toughness armor and that bear greatsword skill chomped all of my hp and I'm still questioning how that even happens.

You need to look at enemy and dodge those few heavy hitting skills. I hope you know this game has dodges?

@Aridon.8362 said:It is too hard to kill a ranger, they get too many invulns dodging and stealth and hit like a truck. I block, and they pierce through my shield, I cripple, and they stealth and teleport away, I activate my invuln yet somehow the skill bugs out and allows me to still take physical damage enough is enough my dude. They need a nerf as they have a serious advantage in the roaming scene. I switch to full toughness armor and that bear greatsword skill chomped all of my hp and I'm still questioning how that even happens.

sounds like u stand idle alot most those skills u mention can be dodge super duper easy. cracks me up when i read these sb topics most people dont even understand or know the names of the skills they getting killed by. And these wi numbers off npc lords is hilarious in these videos/screen shots every profession in the game hits the npc super hard. ws-bm-sb is so much better build i wont even miss the gimmick mm-bm-sb build

If a bear slams your HP in half, don’t stand in the most telegraphed burst in the game.

Denying it is a l2p issue is actually funny, as I’d bet that ranger mains rarely get hit by other player’s Maul. I don’t, anyway.

(and while we do have a couple of sources of stealth, we got no teleports. Exaggerations as usual).

@"Lynnie.7213" said:Had this laying around, thought would be a good fit for this discussion. That spellbreaker, man ... :s

lmao just stop with these videos that ar spellbreaker is really bad i have played him before and the other guy literally just opened the wrapper on the game,the spell breaker is just following you around key board turning. anet should grow a pair of ballz and just say this game is balanced at a competitive level not at the wood league level to get gud like blizzard would say.post a video of fighting other good soulbeast and spell breakers that can atleast jump dodge goodness. This thread needs to die lol WI is just a maul that roots with a 25 second cooldown now. Ranger has to be the only profession in the game that ranger mains come in here begging for nerfs

@Brian.1289 said:

@"Lynnie.7213" said:Had this laying around, thought would be a good fit for this discussion. That spellbreaker, man ... :s

lmao just stop with these videos that ar spellbreaker is really bad i have played him before and the other guy literally just opened the wrapper on the game,the spell breaker is just following you around key board turning. anet should grow a pair of kitten and just say this game is balanced at a competitive level not at the wood league level to get gud like blizzard would say.post a video of fighting other good soulbeast and spell breakers that can atleast jump dodge goodness. This thread needs to die lol WI is just a maul that roots with a 25 second cooldown now. Ranger has to be the only profession in the game that ranger mains come in here begging for nerfs

Broken Soulbeast. lol