[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I think this was the reason some bags were created that are 'invisible'. This way, you can store the stuff you don't want affected in those bags and not worry about it. I'm not sure if it affects salvage though - they were set up to avoid selling things accidentally. Nevertheless, a better solution would be similarly to make the bags for those items you do NOT want to salvage. Then just salvage all and voila.

I think that the option to insta-salvage all blue and green items would be a wonderful addition to the game. As it will be an issue to have enough salvage kits it will likely have to be an upgrade for that copper machine that salvages stuff. Give that one an upgrade that you can instantly salvage blues and greens. Yellow and up I would keep out of that.

@Gehenna.3625 said:I think that the option to insta-salvage all blue and green items would be a wonderful addition to the game. As it will be an issue to have enough salvage kits it will likely have to be an upgrade for that copper machine that salvages stuff. Give that one an upgrade that you can instantly salvage blues and greens. Yellow and up I would keep out of that.

You can though, just right click on the salvage kite and choose blues or blues and greens, and it does them all. Or am I miss understanding something?

@Jwake.7013 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:I think that the option to insta-salvage all blue and green items would be a wonderful addition to the game. As it will be an issue to have enough salvage kits it will likely have to be an upgrade for that copper machine that salvages stuff. Give that one an upgrade that you can instantly salvage blues and greens. Yellow and up I would keep out of that.

You can though, just right click on the salvage kite and choose blues or blues and greens, and it does them all. Or am I miss understanding something?

Well you have to click each individual one to salvage or are you about to reveal a big secret to me that I wish I'd known years ago?

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Well you have to click each individual one to salvage or are you about to reveal a big secret to me that I wish I'd known years ago?

Right-click your salvage tool for an option to mass salvage certain rarities.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

Right
-click your salvage tool for an option to mass salvage certain rarities.

I think I'm going to log into the game and then fall off my chair in amazement lol. In my defense I've only played this game sporadically but I had no idea this could be done.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Right

I think I'm going to log into the game and then fall off my chair in amazement lol. In my defense I've only played this game sporadically but I had no idea this could be done.

It was added to the game a bit over a year ago iirc. :)

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Right

Prepare to be amazed, pretty much every stackable consume type item now has a consume/use/salvage/whaever ALL. No more clicking thousands of luck or that silverwastes sand.

@"Danikat.8537" said:The alternative is to leave it until after I've sorted everything else out and I'm down to just equipment (and salvage items) I want to salvage (with anything I want to keep hidden in my invisible bag) because then I can use 'salvage all masterwork and below' which includes them. But then I lose the benefit of clearing the slots early in the process so it's easier to sort through what's left.

How often do you want to do anything but salvage gear that's of Fine quality? (blue) You could just start off with "Salvage all fine and below" (the top option) and then take up the loot-handling from there, actually looking at the Masterwork and better stuff.

@Trae.2384 said:

Right

Prepare to be amazed, pretty much every stackable consume type item now has a consume/use/salvage/whaever ALL. No more clicking thousands of luck or that silverwastes sand.

Ok, Real Life distracted me for a bit, but I am now officially amazed :D

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:As an alternative, let us mark items as 'Marked for Salvage' and right-click on the Salvage Item for 'Salvage all marked'.

That wouldn't be any good to me because I'd still have to hunt through all the drops in my inventory to identify the items I want to mark for salvage. My goal here is to add salvage items to the things I can clear out very quickly when I first open my inventory, so it's easier to sort through the remaining stuff which I don't always do the same thing with.

Okay, I see.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:As an alternative, let us mark items as 'Marked for Salvage' and right-click on the Salvage Item for 'Salvage all marked'.

How would this work? Take a specific heavy chest piece for example, like a chain coat. The same item can have a wide variety of names, levels, stats, and runes. "Mighty chain coat," "Malign chain coat," etc. Wouldn't you have to mark each "version" as salvageable? Or are you only proposing certain items can be marked salvageable?

I propose that we have to mark the items as salvageable in our inventory, then right-click our copper-fed to select 'Salvage all marked'. But somehow, that wouldn't fit the inventory's mouse-only mentality. Then again, in the same time it takes me to mark items for salvage, I could as well salvage them right away. Okay, salvage my idea =)

@Trae.2384 said:

Right

The annoying exceptions:

• Tomes. If I have a stack of four (week four of the daily login cycle, for example), I have to use them separately.
  • Some types of RNG dye packs have Use All, and some do not, and I almost never want to use just one of the stack.

My suggestion (and I apologize if this has been brought up before - I did a search and didn't find a topic) is to create a "watch this item" button for all gem store items to allow players to receive notifications when the watched item goes on sale - or, in the case of seasonal/occasional items, the players will receive notifications when that item returns. I feel this simple suggestion could be mutually beneficial to both the player-base and Anet.

• For the player, the benefit is obvious, they'd never miss the items they're looking out for in the gem store, either for a sale or for a recurring item to make a return. I'm speaking from experience in that I've missed several sales I've been waiting for, and have also missed the returns of several items I had been waiting for.
  • For Anet, they 1) get access to a mass player survey indicating the items they're most interested in, which can inform their future sale and gem store item release decisions, and 2) would gain the transactions of players (like me) who would have otherwise missed the items/sales and not purchased anything.

Of course, a financial analysis would need to be performed on the advantage of putting a popular item up on sale (and having more players purchase it at the cheaper price) versus leaving it at a higher price (and having fewer players purchase it, but at the higher price).

This would be great. 'Nuff said.

Let me remind you though, aside from GW2timer.com there's a gem store-related pinned topic on the front page, where new and returning sales are updated every patch day (or whenever something comes up for sale). Usually there are imgur/youtube links to new skins/mounts/gliders as well. You can check the new goodies there without opening the game client, and works on mobile too. Of course, it's nowhere near as sophisticated as your suggestion, but creating a shortcut or a bookmark and making a habit of checking that every day will ensure you'll never miss a sale.

@Rococo.8347 said:I always use the thread sticky, I suspect the idea is that you feel the need to check the TP regularly and end up dropping gems on items you wern't waiting for...

For me personally, I was hoping to receive email notifications so that I didn't have to log into the game or forums to check. I've taken time away from GW2 from time to time, and I've missed out on items that I surely would have bought had I known about them because I didn't have the discipline or desire to continue to log into GW2 or the forums to check every week. I haven't dropped gems on things I wasn't waiting for; I just ended up not dropping gems at all because I flat out miss the items I was waiting for (which was my point as to why this is a bad thing for Anet.)

But I recognize I'm not necessarily representative of other players. Other players may do as you suggest and actually drop more gems when the items they're waiting to go on sale simply don't go on sale. I actually hold off, whereas other players may give in and just spend more gems. If more players behave in that manner, then it's actually beneficial for Anet to NOT put the desired items on sale and let us know about it.

Hey there, just something that's bugged me for awhile.

If I follow an achievement so I can keep track of progress, it replaces the tracker for Dailies. Is there a way to have both?

If players are worried about visual clutter, could we just have a box to check in settings if we'd like to keep both up at the same time?

It's a bit annoying to have to constantly open the hero window to check dailies while I'm tracking other things. It's a small annoyance and not game breaking, but it would improve my experience at least.

There is no way to stop it from hiding the dailies, and if there was I'd definitely want it to be optional because I track an achievement specifically to stop the whole list of dailies coming up.

One option is to track the dailies you want to do, then they show up alongside other achievements until you complete them.

Danikat's suggestion is good. What I do is when the dailies pop up, I select the ones I want to do and track those from the initial panel. If I end up tracking more things than fit in the tracking list on the main view, I can just click More on the upper right of the UI to get the full list of what I'm tracking in a pop up panel.