Post pics of your Luminous Armor

@HardRider.2980 said:Looks good on females... Curses being male...lol... then again im a salad and we dont have genders...:o I demand gender neural armour! :p

I prefer the male version of the heavy armour, it doesn't have the side bustle which I immediately thought of a tea towel tucked into their belt and then couldn't see as anything else. Fortunately my heavy armoured female characters are a charr and an asura and they both get the male version.

@Warlord.9074 said:

@Warlord.9074 said:No better way to show your appreciation other than to post pics.

Looks great! What dyes are you using? I love playing with dyes but often end up with a muddy-looking mess.Oh, and by the way, the side rag is perfect for wiping the blood of my enemies off my sword.

Darkness Dye on everything.

Thank you! Day-yum, now I wish I'd picked Darkness for my 6th birthday gift dye. Oh well, another toon turns 6 next month and I'll get it then.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I took the hellfire gloves by mistake in the beginning. Now my only option is to use chaos gloves. I can't exchange/change them for radiant, right?

What does this have to do with the 6th birthday armor sets?

On-topic: I chose the heavy set, too, as the other two were rather unappealing to me, but am currently only using the helmet, so no screenshot worth taking. ;)

@"Traveller.7496" said:I like the medium set except the ridiculous chestplate. Would be a lot more elegant without it.

LETQqXR.jpgBBPdrc8.jpg

Medium set is beautiful too ? I was tossing between med and light.. but got light.. can't wait till next year to unlock the med.. wow we been gw2-ing for so many years ?

@"Warlord.9074" said:laDO5GZ.jpgOne of the complaints I heard was that the Luminous Armor doesn't go with the weapon set. So I challenge that.

Of all the available options, female heavy looks the best - you've sold it! The problem with not having a female heavy is the other options aren't quite as good. :'(

I ended up choosing Medium. Sorry I can't embed, but here is an easy Discord image link:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405207401315434496/483788885722398720/LuminousCoat.JPG

I know it's rather dark, and the lighting on char select isn't great so I may edit in a better pic. The cross belts share a dye channel with the coat lining, which means that if I get a visible lining the belts looks silly to me. My preferred palate on Donari is black, green, and gold; I might dye the chest plate more vividly if I can find a deep lustrous gold hue for it. It's a tossup, is this fighting gear or social gear? If social, I de-emphasize the armor parts but also want brighter tones, if combat I want to blend into the shadows more :)

Despite my dye uncertainties I really love the lines of the coat and pants. I might need different shoulders, the capelet clips the chest, another reason I can't get too bright on the metal plate.

• 2 months later...

@little.8453 said:

@"Talindra.4958" said:very pretty indeed :) I have been playing with mix and match today too for my ele :)
ImgurImgur

What is the top armor in those two pictures? For the life of me, I was not able to find it...

its a reward from completing all 38 "Long Live the Lich" achievements.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corsair_Jerkin_BoxHope this helps ?

• 6 months later...