[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Sorry if this was covered or answered at some point - I was AFK for 8+ months and started playing again 2 weeks ago.Maybe these things aren't a priority but some are wanted for a long time and they aren't implemented yet :)

1. Tonics and Gizmos in wardrobe.
  2. LFG Full Map Icons (If there is a group in the LFG but their map is full).
  3. Option to auto store materials.
  4. Option to auto salvage specific rarity of items (common, uncommon, rare, etc) with specific salvage kit or item like salvage-o-matic etc. (unless items are in one of those especially hidden bags.)
  5. Option to auto-consume essences of luck.
  6. Build+wardrobe templates.

To everyone: Please add your suggestions.To devs: Please sticky this <3

Customizable UI.

edit for clarity: I mean placeable and resizeable windows, not third party addons. Background and transparency settings for those windows would be great too.

example: conditions/buffs on target would appear in their own window, that we could place where we want so it's easily visible. Same for conditions/buffs on self.

example 2: floating damage numbers size and placement. currently, they appear directly over the target and obscure it so we can't read it's animations and react. I would kill for the ability to offset them above or to the side so I can see the target properly and react to what it's doing.

Not a high priority or anything but I would find these very useful:

• In-game Timers for time-based world events
  • In-game tracker for which daily rewards have been earned. ie. an icon on the HoT maps indicating if we've acquired the Hero's Choice daily box. Or an indication in Desolation/Vabbi/Sandswept.etc. if the current character has already earned the various meta daily rewards.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

1. Tonics and Gizmos in wardrobe.This might be my #1 request along with a similar bookshelf for books and such.

Saving gear stats if you've equipped them that can be changed. Second would be saving Sigils and Runes in the same system. Basically you've already bought or crafted the gear and equipped it, I would even be for it if you have to give up your salvage to save it to a menu. For the ascended stuff if you equipped it of that stat you have access to it in same system.

I agree with most of what people ask for again and again in the forums. Most of it makes perfect sense and helps raise the enjoyment of playing the game. The minor runes and sigils in blue an green gear get on my nerves every single day. Please make them go away. The term inventory wars did not come out of nowhere, and these junk items contribute a lot to players getting the feeling that they spend too much time/effort doing stupid uneeded repetitive tasks while playing.

I would view a patch with quality of life improvements as more valuable than any content patch or living story episode, not kidding.

The ability to switch weapon skills e.g. putting the sword AA on "weapon ability 4" and weapon set dependent trait builds.

I'd also like to see an official personal DPS meter with features like "% damage vs. the last boss type mob", "average DPS vs. the last boss type mob", "average DPS within the last [insert time frame here]".

Not really the mechanics, skills will be the same, kits too etc... you will just become able to swap between weapons, no advantages, you have a delay before reswap... these new gameplays could be great: you're doing fire elem with your rifle engineer, then after, when doing modnir, you swap with your hammer (scrapper) or sword (holo) for CC, half of the professions already have swap.(to be sure that we are speaking of the same thing, weapon swap= arrow icon at the left of your skills bar)

Get rid of "upgrade extractors" in the Gem Store and replace them with a system that charges for each upgrade removal. Similar to how we can remove Glyphs from gathering tools, and add a cost to it.

My last game had a similar system that cost so much in-game currency for each modification. The higher value of the modification the higher the cost. The fact that upgrade extractors are only available via gems is ridiculous and the devs have demonstrated, via the glyphs, that upgrade removal through the Hero Panel is doable.

Pure QoL ideas, nothing in terms of game mechanics:

1. Tonics & Gizmos need a "character tab" (like dye, outfits etc.), because I don't buy them any more because of all the storage clutter
  2. Eyes of Kormir & Quartz need to interact with storage and not with backpack slots when using the Spear-marshal item & the core Hero Point locations. It works with other items too (e.g. Writs at MF NPC)
  3. That strange "one charged quartz crystal" time gate can go. No other "non-ascended" material refinement is time gated.
  4. Noxious Pod home instance node to be able to get Crystaline Ore outside Dragon's Stand map, because just to run to a dead map to open a few pods every few days is dumb (and what most players do theses days instead of playing an overly long map meta)

Swappable upgrades for Legendary weapons

Build templates

Remove the assembly machine from scribing

Add GH upgrades, so we get TP in our GH

GH Arena rework to make it work under PvP rules including the amulett system for gear

Add Garden Plot exclusives to our storage and the underwater keys to the wallet

Make Tomes of Knowledge, Spirit Shards, and Transmutation Charges become tradeable on TP, or add NPC vendor that lets players convert them into other currency types.

Make desert armors (bountyhunter, warbeast, etc) salvageable, mystic-forge-able, and/or give them a merchant sell price.

Make account-bound selectable recipe containers (e.g. Sinister Armor Recipe Book, Sinister Jewelry Recipe Book, etc) show whether you've already learned all possible types they contain instead of having to scroll through the individual recipes and check them 1-by-1. Also, give them a merchant sell price or make them stop dropping once you've learned all of the recipes.

Allow minor runes/sigils to be salvaged or marked as junk.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

1. LFG Full Map Icons (If there is a group in the LFG but their map is full).

This is hard. How do you define "their map" when each of the four existing members (you want to be the fifth) is on a different map, or if they're on the same map, but they aren't all on the same instance ("/ip", roughly) of it. (For squads it's easier - you define it as the commander's map, but for ordinary parties, there doesn't seem to be a clear idea of "leader".)

Guildhall Upgrades: TP, Laurel Vendor, Crafting stations

Home Instance Upgrades (purchasable for gems): Bookshelf, Software Upgrade for M.O.X. (plays gw2 soundtrack), Software Upgrade for M.O.X. (plays gw2 cinematics), Software Upgrade for M.O.X. (replays Vistas),

Option for sigils & runes: treat as trash at vendors (checkbox)

Gemstore Item: Zomoros' Magic Hat. Gizmo that can eat runes & sigils (same rightclick option for rarity as salvage kits); loot = stackable trophies worth 3 copper each

Gemstore Item: Couch of Friendship, a large placeable couch (like the duhm-chair, but for more people)

Gemstore Item: Additional Guild Slot

Recipe's to craft gathering glyphs (account bound) with a scribe.

A small (a) icon next to the name of every player that currently runs arc-dps in the background.

Working recipe to change stats of ascended aquabreathers.

Fix/re-enable Boost Enchantment Powder with a fair karma-booster option.

NA/EU tags for forum accounts, or at least a note in the profile.

XYZ coordinate command via /loc