OLD Patch notes ignore, Revenant Update 8/28- Updated (9/19)Undocumented/Notes/Bugs

Justine.6351

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Also important to note that the new Hardening Persistence is flat out worse than the old one in terms of damage reduction.

Another useless ripoff for the herald. It's my main character and playstyle and i am just mad at the incompetence of the guys that made the changes.

@Justine.6351 said:Facet of Nature- Assassin (WvW): ~ 130-140 damage on power herald, 87 healing (50 healing power), seems to have icd presumably 1sec.

yeah definitely has an ICD of at least .5s Precision strike on the same target only procs it once. With Marauder amulet and Leadership runes it was doing 106 damage in the pvp lobby

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Jalis F2 in WvW sounds like a nice upgrade, as more stab is always good. But Glint man...F2 is just flat out boring.

It's 10%.

@gerrylix.5234 said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Also important to note that the new Hardening Persistence is flat out worse than the old one in terms of damage reduction.

Another useless ripoff for the herald. It's my main character and playstyle and i am just mad at the incompetence of the guys that made the changes.

Can't imagine unironically saying this.. it's much better than before.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:At first glance though, this really does kill off Glint's usefulness in WvW, regardless if you're zerging or roaming.Why would you want +Concentration vs Shiro Life Siphon / Boon strip or Jalis DR / Stability. Seems like a no brainer.

Because Glint has more cc and AoE cleave, and better tools overal for fighting against humans.

@Buran.3796 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:At first glance though, this really does kill off Glint's usefulness in WvW, regardless if you're zerging or roaming.Why would you want +Concentration vs Shiro Life Siphon / Boon strip or Jalis DR / Stability. Seems like a no brainer.

Because Glint has more cc and AoE cleave, and better tools overal for fighting against humans.

I'm afraid you'll need to expand on that for me.

All of Glint's facets are consume skills but F2's True Nature is not for some reason. This makes Shining Aspect useless outside of Glint. > @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Rising Momentum: This trait has replaced Hardening Persistence as an adept tier trait and grants the revenant a 5% increased movement speed for each point of upkeep they are using. The movement speed granted by this trait stacks with all other movement speed increases.

Does this mean we can attain 'super speed' status, as in above 33%? I don't understand the purpose of this given we have Facet of Elements.

I've tested this. My initial impression is that it does not go over 33% swiftness speed. It also does not ignore in-combat speed like superspeed does. The only use I can think of is pairing it with Jalis/mallyx/ventari and activating the upkeeps. Anything with Shiro or Glint greatly diminishes the usefulness of that trait. Pretty garbage trait.

@Set.7461 said:All of Glint's facets are consume skills but F2's True Nature is not for some reason. This makes Shining Aspect useless outside of Glint. > @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Rising Momentum: This trait has replaced Hardening Persistence as an adept tier trait and grants the revenant a 5% increased movement speed for each point of upkeep they are using.
The movement speed granted by this trait stacks with all other movement speed increases.

Does this mean we can attain 'super speed' status, as in above 33%? I don't understand the purpose of this given we have Facet of Elements.

I've tested this. My initial impression is that it does not go over 33% swiftness speed. It also does not ignore in-combat speed like superspeed does. The only use I can think of is pairing it with Jalis/mallyx/ventari and activating the upkeeps. Anything with Shiro or Glint greatly diminishes the usefulness of that trait. Pretty garbage trait.

Yup, it's just a filler trait so they can have all traits based upkeep on the same line.

@Set.7461 said:All of Glint's facets are consume skills but F2's True Nature is not for some reason. This makes Shining Aspect useless outside of Glint. > @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Rising Momentum: This trait has replaced Hardening Persistence as an adept tier trait and grants the revenant a 5% increased movement speed for each point of upkeep they are using.
The movement speed granted by this trait stacks with all other movement speed increases.

I am pretty sure it does improve movement speed in combat. My testing showed that with swiftness and all 10 pips of upkeep was almost superspeed levels. Although my testing was crude, it did look to be so.

@Justine.6351 said:I am pretty sure it does improve movement speed in combat. My testing showed that with swiftness and all 10 pips of upkeep was almost superspeed levels. Although my testing was crude, it did look to be so.

You're right, I tried it again and yes, it's pretty close to superspeed. -10 upkeep is expensive though. I'll reserve final judgement after playing with these traits for a bit. Now the real question is if it stacks with superspeed. My eyeballs can't tell a difference but if it does, it would be worth taking for escaping. If some has a more scientific test for that, please share.

@Set.7461 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:I am pretty sure it does improve movement speed in combat. My testing showed that with swiftness and all 10 pips of upkeep was almost superspeed levels. Although my testing was crude, it did look to be so.

You're right, I tried it again and yes, it's pretty close to superspeed. -10 upkeep is expensive though. I'll reserve final judgement after playing with these traits for a bit. Now the real question is if it stacks with superspeed. My eyeballs can't tell a difference but if it does, it would be worth taking for escaping. If some has a more scientific test for that, please share.

it doesnt stack with superspeed as superspeed caps out player movement speed with 100%https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

The value in this trait is more or less to improve swiftness speed in combat or to aid those builds not utilizing herald for easy swiftness access. For example, mallyx/jalis/ventari in some combination, excluding shiro as its upkeep comes with superspeed.