Option to remove the novelties skill thing :(

@googel.3278 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:It's a super-tiny blip on the UI, tucked neatly under the mount button (which people should be using custom keybinds for anyway). I really don't know how it's bothering people. >.>

then i guess you dont wvw.

Even outside of WvW is anoying since its
clutter on the UI
since has no usage and players are forced to have it, its simply bad UI and behavior planification....i think if we could use the food or other consumables allowed in WvW could kinda fix it, but for now im forced to remove the keybinding for that skill bar as well..I am already extremely regretted that i took the bass and added it to the useless bar..

also the button is textureless... plz change the icon into a note or a question mark or eventually confetti! My hand sweep regularly and I misclick the novelty button instead of the mount one! Can you plz make, a third full sized square, right to the mount button, that can be disabled/enabled through menu?

@"Rauderi.8706" said:It's a super-tiny blip on the UI, tucked neatly under the mount button (which people should be using custom keybinds for anyway). I really don't know how it's bothering people. >.>

"Hi, it doesn't affect me so it's cool"

Very insightful comment, thank you for sharing. Case closed.

@Batel.9206 said:Yes, please... It's such a small thing, but it's kind of annoying to have a blank gray space there that I'm never going to use. The option to remove it would be lovely.

Yes. And it is not good looking that it stays grey (and does not show the active item) even when you use all 4 novelty-slots.

So please make an on/off switch (also for the mount button above) to show/hide the button. Or at least make it bigger and show the icon of the selected novelty.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:Alchemy, people really will complain about every little thing.

Literally little. :P

Not against the idea of a UI option, but honestly what bothers me more about the little grey button is that it doesn't show the active item, and because it's so small, it's obnoxious to get to when you do want to use it. I haven't checked keybinds for it, and I'd probably clear it if it existed. I don't intend to use them often enough to justify it.More in agreement with @hugo.4705 about it: make the button bigger, show the active item (like it does for mounts), and give an option to hide it.

@Rauderi.8706 said:It's a super-tiny blip on the UI, tucked neatly under the mount button (which people should be using custom keybinds for anyway). I really don't know how it's bothering people. >.>

The mount button should also have an option to hide it, since I have every mount keybinded I do not need to see the icon slapped onto the end of my skill bar, personally I've always thought it looked like an unfinished work in progress, and the new novelty icon is even worse.