new patch for wvw — Guild Wars 2 Forums

new patch for wvw

Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 28, 2018 in WvW

be civil. discus

felt like an over all buff on all toons, except engi.

tested but cant generalizs

fb is still the pillar. moving for more support roles now as loot stick is boom stick.

rev jalis is improved a whole lot. centaur was nerfed though.

your resistance healer.

warrior bubbles still there for use.

weaver still damage but.more damagy if with ranger buff.

scourge is still fine. blue barriers.

engi nerfed a bit in general.

mesmer buffed as per wepon.

these prelim findings still need more tests.

what you test?

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

Comments

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

World vs. World
    General
    The final four weapons have been added to the Obsidian weapon set. These new weapons have been added to the Skirmish Supervisor. The new weapon types include the short bow, warhorn, rifle, and axe.

Fàther - Create a mount then kill it until it's more useless than PvE. "Smart"
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• Jaruselka.5943Jaruselka.5943 Member ✭✭✭

More Anet engi hate..
    Move along..nothing to see here..

• Handin.4032Handin.4032 Member ✭✭
    edited August 28, 2018

It's a good thing they made it so a bunch of the novelties don't work in WvW :( like the new throne :( If it doesn't work in a specific game type - ADVERTISE IT. I mostly play WvW - spent 600 Gems on something that is disabled there without any advertisement of that fact. GG Anet. GG. (Btw, it DOES work in pvp lobby - everywhere BUT WvW)

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Handin.4032 said:
    It's a good thing they made it so a bunch of the novelties don't work in WvW :( like the new throne :( If it doesn't work in a specific game type - ADVERTISE IT. I mostly play WvW - spent 600 Gems on something that is disabled there without any advertisement of that fact. GG Anet. GG. (Btw, it DOES work in pvp lobby - everywhere BUT WvW)

Sorry you can't BM with a chair?

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• Handin.4032Handin.4032 Member ✭✭
    edited August 28, 2018

@Turk.5460 said:

@Handin.4032 said:

Who said anything about BM? I thought it looked cool, like something I could use during quick breaks, etc in WvW and there was no advertised on the gem store or in the patch notes that it was not usable in WvW. I was not aware that using anything other than skills and food was BM!

Also, the new balloon doesn't work - others do. They're selling this one for $$/gems. They should be clear when selling items what does and doesn't work in game modes. Why they don't allow certain items like these (with no skills - just transformations like tonics) to work and others not is sometimes totally random for WvW.

• Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭

WvW still Needs massive Invul nerfs. the amount of invuls of Warriors, yolosmiths and mesmers are beyond broken.

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, I'm a thief main and those notes make zero sense. I guess the rev changes will be more interesting to play with when I get home from work.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turk.5460 said:

@Handin.4032 said:

Just so I'm clear, this "BM" means something other than my vet asking if my dog had a BM that morning?

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

i kinda want to use the chairs in wvw or the new toys. also liking the idea that if you right click utilities, you can choose new ones, so no need to press the little triangles or go to h stat.

• @Sovereign.1093 said:
    i kinda want to use the chairs in wvw or the new toys. also liking the idea that if you right click utilities, you can choose new ones, so no need to press the little triangles or go to h stat.

right clicking skills to change them isn't new

@meowtier.1364 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

right clicking skills to change them isn't new

hehe. i am slow to that info (థฺˇ౪ˇథ)

edited August 29, 2018

I tested my Mirage and Staff Tempest.

Didn't noticed a big shift in my home spun Mesmer build so I think it's still good, but I'll try more next week.

I actually had a fun 10 minutes on the Tempest though, I'd kind of given up hope, but I may have to dusk her off for zerg support depending on how Friday goes.

Then I did SW with my viper reaper, she seemed to do worse today than yesterday, so I probably need to look at a few things.

any change from the warriors? what have you guys observed? me thinks, melee train is back. but maybe that's just me.

• I don't see an engi nerv, either. There is also no buff... rifle4 is now a feature instead of a bug.
    Healscrappers don't use any of the used skills. ALso, only Holosmiths that completely trust their zergs (or evasion skills) are running explosives with orbital command...

Also, "scourge is fine" ?^^ They and reaper got massivly buffed. This is either going to be nerved again in the next couple weeks or the next step to a new power creep.

Heal-revs are better now, as far as I can tell, but I still trust heal-scrappers more with their condition removal. A healscrapper is enough for 15 people and can counter condi scourges. A heal-rev is either on ventari for heal and condi-clear (3 per 8s on 9, 3 on F2 per 20s?), which is not enough with the current condi-spam... or on mallix (if not glint) where it kills itself the moment resistance is corrupted.
    But maybe we will see more power-herolds now again. ^^

But if healrev is now against my expectations the new healer, engineers can go back to holosmith with anticorrosion plating and have with EG, medikit and hardlight-arena, shield (+overshield), dura-runes and thumper turret (+experimental turrets) again massive (>double as heal scrapper) condiclear.

• Tehologist.5841Tehologist.5841 Member ✭✭✭

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    I don't see an engi nerv, either. There is also no buff... rifle4 is now a feature instead of a bug.
    Healscrappers don't use any of the used skills. ALso, only Holosmiths that completely trust their zergs (or evasion skills) are running explosives with orbital command...

Heal scrappers do use Blast Gyro, with the change it does way less damage now as it is stat based. It was mostly used for tool belt super speed and lightning field on detonation though. It also CC's so it is still usable, just less damage for heal scrapper build.

• Red Haired Savage.5430Red Haired Savage.5430 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2018

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Handin.4032 said:

Just so I'm clear, this "BM" means something other than my vet asking if my dog had a BM that morning?

BM = Bad Mannered
    Examples: throwing shame rams, laughing, dancing, PM'ing them calling them trash, taking the mariner horn and playing taps on their corpse, etc.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zero.3871 said:
    WvW still Needs massive Invul nerfs. the amount of invuls of Warriors, yolosmiths and mesmers are beyond broken.

Very easy fix honestly - just bring the pvp version of Endure Pain/traited Endure Pain to wvw. It's not going to happen though.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tehologist.5841 said:

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    I don't see an engi nerv, either. There is also no buff... rifle4 is now a feature instead of a bug.

Heal scrappers do use Blast Gyro, with the change it does way less damage now as it is stat based. It was mostly used for tool belt super speed and lightning field on detonation though. It also CC's so it is still usable, just less damage for heal scrapper build.

Meh not really. The blast gyro has always been unreliable kitten. Running eg+purge+bulwark is better.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Tehologist.5841 said:

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

Meh not really. The blast gyro has always been unreliable kitten. Running eg+purge+bulwark is better.

Who cares if it is unreliable, has a low cool down so you can pop it for stability and blow it up immediately for super speed (Final Salvo) which gives AoE healing from HDF. The toolkit is also super speed with stun break.

• @Tehologist.5841, @Dawdler.8521
    Of course, I run blast gyro as a heal scrapper, too.
    However, I run it for the superspeed, exploding it immediately. The damage and knockback are nice in principle and you could use it to clear necro signs... but usually it is CCed too much or it is destroyed before reaching any enemy. Then the superspeed is misplaced and useless. When detonating it by hand immediately you get the superspeed pulsing lightning field inside your zerg.
    That said, the change in damage doesn't touch heal-scrapper at all in my opinion.

I liked purge gyro much more before realizing that it does not remove 2 conditions from 5 allies every 3s, but only 1 condition from 1 ally.

=) glad to see more players using engies. always happy to have one in my squad.

• Traveller.7496Traveller.7496 Member ✭✭✭

The reaper buffs seem to really have brought out more reapers. I was unfortunate to run into a group of a scourge and a reaper, both condi and physical spike, a real nasty duo.

• @Red Haired Savage.5430 said:
    BM = Bad Mannered
    Examples: throwing shame rams, laughing, dancing, PM'ing them calling them trash, taking the mariner horn and playing taps on their corpse, etc.

I thought the point of throwing rams was to prevent stealth resurrections. With the sheer amount of stealth out there, I throw siege on someone if I find their corpse hasn't disappeared in a timely fashion.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:
    BM = Bad Mannered

I thought the point of throwing rams was to prevent stealth resurrections. With the sheer amount of stealth out there, I throw siege on someone if I find their corpse hasn't disappeared in a timely fashion.

How does that prevent stealth resurrections? A thief would just break the ram in less than a second and go back to stealthing. You gonna stand there and keep tossing rams? Thats how the thief laugh at you, mission accomplished.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

BM = Bad Mannered

How does that prevent stealth resurrections? A thief would just break the ram in less than a second and go back to stealthing. You gonna stand there and keep tossing rams? Thats how the thief laugh at you, mission accomplished.

They don't even have to kill the ram.... and by having the ram on the corpse, you are even less likely to see the health bar raising while they are rezzing.

• Oogabooga.3812Oogabooga.3812 Member ✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

BM = Bad Mannered

They don't even have to kill the ram.... and by having the ram on the corpse, you are even less likely to see the health bar raising while they are rezzing.

Spoken from experience :)

• Red Haired Savage.5430Red Haired Savage.5430 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2018

@Oogabooga.3812 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

BM = Bad Mannered

Now if you threw food you'd have a better chance of making it a little more difficult (not much more difficult though) to res someone. Which is why you'll often see enemy zergs trolling the EWP and other tactivators with tons of cheap food. A piece of siege to an enemy does nothing because they cannot interact with it, they can only kill it. If you threw the same ram on your own ally it'd be more difficult for your allies to res someone. Also there's a reason it's called a SHAME RAM.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭

Mallyx/Glint condi herald seems pretty strong atm with the new 20% damage reduction modifier on corruption and herald trait options being way better overall.

The damage isnt insane but it is tankier than firebrand (running trailblazer + some rabid for crit chance to remove boons atm) while stealing/applying boons and pulling conditions from allies.

I wouldnt mind running full melee train again.

Ri Ba - WvW Commander, scout, loudmouth, tryhard
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

@Oogabooga.3812 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

BM = Bad Mannered

Now if you threw food you'd have a better chance of making it a little more difficult (not much more difficult though) to res someone. Which is why you'll often see enemy zergs trolling the EWP and other tactivators with tons of cheap food. A piece of siege to an enemy does nothing because they cannot interact with it, they can only kill it. If you threw the same ram on your own ally it'd be more difficult for your allies to res someone. Also there's a reason it's called a SHAME RAM.

Exactly.

The only time it's effective is if they have auto attack enabled and even that isn't a given.

• iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

Even with all these buffs and nerfs, it doesnt tackle anything major. Damage and unneeded clutter on things that are ridiculously overtuned. It actually made it worse for classes that already had to much. A buff for warrior and mesmer? With a nerf to core engineer that wasnt even necessary. Honestly I lost all hope for the future of this game's pvp and might just have to look at WoW for the first time in years to get my PvP addiction craved.

@Oogabooga.3812 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

BM = Bad Mannered

:open_mouth:

• @Dawdler.8521 said:

I have a ridiculous amount of rams and other cheap siege.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I did not know this. Apparently, some Thieves don't know this either since I've killed a few when they attacked the ram.

Unfortunately, I'm not as well stocked on cheap food as I am with cheap siege. I was unaware of the term "Shame Ram", so that's something new I've learned. Does the type of siege used have different meanings? A while back, I downed someone in a fight and the rest of his roaming group came in and killed me. After he rallied, he threw a guild golem on me.

• @Shining One.1635 said:

Unfortunately, I'm not as well stocked on cheap food as I am with cheap siege. I was unaware of the term "Shame Ram", so that's something new I've learned. Does the type of siege used have different meanings? A while back, I downed someone in a fight and the rest of his roaming group came in and killed me. After he rallied, he threw a guild golem on me.

It could mean several things, you either pissed them off allot that they felt the need to throw more money/bigger siege on your corpse. They clicked the wrong siege to throw on you. If you were in a camp they might have just gotten 2 birds with 1 stone shame sieging you and building a golem for later golem shenanigans. If they throw ballistas they're just being cheap. At the end of the day it all means the same thing.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭

Did pistol/shield vanilla condi engi get any buffs?

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

Glob shot on elixir gun velocity was sped up, so it might be possible to hit someone with it now.

• Usagi.4835Usagi.4835 Member ✭✭

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Handin.4032 said:

Your dog had a bad morning? Also, Handin is not the sort of person to be rude.

@Usagi.4835 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Handin.4032 said:

No, BM is medical shorthand for a #2.

• Usagi.4835Usagi.4835 Member ✭✭
    edited August 31, 2018

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Usagi.4835 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Handin.4032 said:

No, BM is medical shorthand for a #2.

For some people/dogs, that could be a bad morning too. :persevere: Edit: Wait, no. Never mind. Just a bowel movement and nothing explosive.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.