1) The devs will take some "random" staff skill ( my bet is on ice spike) and they will decrease cast time by a small infinitesimal fraction and increase the dmg by insert huge percentage number that will hook majority of players while few Math savvy will see immediately that the actual numbers have gone up by a mere 100 pts or so (" increased dmg of skill XX by 200%....base dmg number left outside notes ops like from 100 you go up to 300 before counting enemy toughness/boons...WOOOOOOOOOOWWW...such massive buff)
2) They will come up with some absurd but lol temporary in truth change to some utility that will "help" staff ele to add few thousand pts to their golem burst benchmark in order to top the golem race...I mean the magic benchmark contest to reach raid paradise
3) The pve race will be up in arms to praise the devs, fantastic job, all is fine in the valley of honey and wine.....for at least a year or so..before they start to nerf back everything bringing the ele down to a worst state than now ( they can and they will )
Meanwhile let's throw a bone to those sad pvpers...
-increase dmg of sword...but to maintain balance ( we can't an "unbalanced class in PvP can we?! ), riptide CD increased to 15s and earthen vortex to 12s or so..maybe something else but they will target these two skill regardless
- -Increase dmg of dagger dualskills..ofc by a HUGE percentage number aka irrelevant , meanwhile clunky animations will remain ofc
- scepter...haha..just kidding
Lol, @Arheundel.6451 is a prophet. Don't call yourself Nostradamus, call yourself Solomon the Wise. They literally did almost everything he said they would or a variant of it:
Increase Sword Earth 2 cooldown.
Buff 1 skill on staff (they buffed Staff Fire 2 by 10%).
Hey @""Arheundel.6451" , what's the next patch going to do?
@Arenanet: Why do you keep balancing the game around PvE? PvE doesn't matter. It's just spamming skills on the monsters. You don't need to "balance" it??? Stop it. Nobody cares about "balance" in PvE. Balance doesn't apply to PvE. Balance applies to PvP only. Nerf deadeye and either:
1. Give elementalist PvP-viable ranged options.
2. Give melee elementalist more gapclosers. Holosmith has a gapcloser on a TWO SECOND COOLDOWN. My personal suggestion is to just make the cooldown on Sword Air 2 (Polaric Leap) about 4 seconds. Basically, everytime I attune to air, I want to be able to gapclose...because that is actually the thought process for attuning to air. You attune to air when you want to go back in on your opponent. Please give elementalist players just ONE rewarding gameplay mechanic? Just one?
Can I have fun with just ONE thing? Do I have to have delayed gratification in EVERY aspect of my class?
Can I have fun? Where is my Deadeye moment? When do I get to feel strong and confident and cool like Thief/Mesmer/Warrior/Guardian?
And I am not some person who comes on the forum complaining all day, and I have only ever posted on the GW2 subreddit ONCE. I am getting tired of how bad Arenanet's balance team is. They NEVER tackle any of the fundamental problems with this class. I would be happy if they reverted ALL of the changes they made in this last patch and ONLY just gave us a consistent gapcloser. All I want is this: