Option to remove the novelties skill thing :(

@Rauderi.8706 said:It's a super-tiny blip on the UI, tucked neatly under the mount button (which people should be using custom keybinds for anyway). I really don't know how it's bothering people. >.>

You actually already answered it without knowing it...I press that button for the chairs so many times when I mean to hit the mount button. I really wish it wasn't there.

I'm utterly fascinated that people are calling that little blip clutter when this used to be my UI in WoW for dps.http://cdn-wow.mmoui.com/preview/pvw59749.jpgAnd this was my Ui for healing in WoW.http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DvcmpGikmhY/VSY_1ighUNI/AAAAAAAAALE/mYh8KXiOQ4Y/s1600/prane.jpg

I do wish it wasn't just the little diamond and that I can see what I have equipped because it is a bit of a oh shi- when I think I'm gonna sit in my chair but instead pull out a kite.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

@narwhalsbend.7059 said:Bumping this. The button is totally worthless to me, and probably 95% of players.

How about no.
  • From 95% of the players. (because why not)

You mean the 5% of players. Even after the introduction of the button there's only rarely a person using any novelty, and that's including the people who just sit in their throne in DR.Besides, would a toggle option in the settings really hurt your enjoyment that much?

Disagreed.I almost never use it myself and I don't see how people can missclick it. Most people don't even see the button.And people complaining they missclick it for mounts should also complain about their elite skill being so close.

Also food wise it takes literally 5 seconds to open inventory and double click your food. Putting it in the novalties tab would take me more time switching between food.

I prefer the team to invest their time in something else, even if it would only take an hour to implement a toggle option for example

• Confused 1

Agreed!Honestly, i'm kinda surprised at Arena Net, for a company that prides itself on a clean UI, that want's a good visual experience going, to the point they won't allow players to customize their UIs for the sake of that, to add such an unsightly half button to the UI is incredibly out of character.The button is ugly. It's size and application make it a poor UX item. Honestly, i love the system, but that button and everything around it is wrong...The size is too small, especially for those of us that play with minimum size UI, then you can't click the slots on the button to equip things, and it won't even open the wardrobe menu when you do so, which is extremely poor User experience, and uncharacteristic of the GW2 UI.The placement of the button interferes with the usage of the mount button.The icon on the button is inexpressive, it has nothing to do with the use it carries, it looks more like a place holder than anything else.It doesn't shift to show current active item either, which is also poor User experience.

Honestly it's the most rushed, and poorest example of an addition to the UI they've ever added to the game, it really stands out since Arena Net is usually careful with the User experience and UI changes.

@"spartan.9421" said:Kind of a petty thing to complain about, no? Sure, the icon could use a change so it's not just grey but, asking Anet to give us the option to hide it is just silly. It's not like it's blocking anything. Give it a week, you'll learn to accept the change.

I must say, i had to disable the bind for it, sometimes when trying to go to the iventory "i key" pressed "u key" and would start playing bass and was in midle of a fight -.-", it is not a complain it is a re request to make UI better.

Also IF Anet wants only to add very useless stuff to that window they have to remove since it is noit helping the UI, it is not a professional UI design to have useless window and information, so yeah i dont like, i mostly use key binding, and i use the skills with the CD countdown displayed, so yeah seeing that empty bar that's never gona get used it is visually bad, and in terms of pvp gameplay the ui needs to be clean of useless stuff.

Anet can fix(improve) this in 2 ways:Add a option to to disable the useless bar of useless content near my skills...

Updade the useless bar, into a utility one, where players can also drop nourishments, this would be the best change sometimes on WvW we have to open iventory and search for the nourishment, so this could actually make something usefull for at least WvW, for pvp it would have need another function or complete remove/disable when players enter in match, since it has ZERO usage.

@Rauderi.8706 said:It's a super-tiny blip on the UI, tucked neatly under the mount button (which people should be using custom keybinds for anyway). I really don't know how it's bothering people. >.>

I don't bother that much, but the noveltybutton seems kinda scrammed in there and it looks ugly to me. I don't care if they change it or not but I can imagine that others find it even more ugly than me.

@narwhalsbend.7059 said:

@narwhalsbend.7059 said:Bumping this. The button is totally worthless to me, and probably 95% of players.

How about no.
  • From 95% of the players. (because why not)

You mean the 5% of players. Even after the introduction of the button there's only rarely a person using any novelty, and that's including the people who just sit in their throne in DR.Besides, would a toggle option in the settings really hurt your enjoyment that much?

No I mean the 95% of people that are using them, and yes I did pull the number of my magical stats hat.I enjoy the addition and hope they add more thing to it.

I'm fine with the toggle as long as it doesn't waste developers time.

@Sariel.2143 said:Disagreed.I almost never use it myself and I don't see how people can missclick it. Most people don't even see the button.And people complaining they missclick it for mounts should also complain about their elite skill being so close.

Also food wise it takes literally 5 seconds to open inventory and double click your food. Putting it in the novalties tab would take me more time switching between food.

I prefer the team to invest their time in something else, even if it would only take an hour to implement a toggle option for example

Just cause it doesn't bother you, doesn't mean it's not an issue for others. The mount button is a lot smaller already than the skill buttons so it's not even the same as misclicking on your elite skill.

And I don't see why you would be against allowing people to remove it from their UI if they so choose. It's not removing it entirely but just giving people the choice whether they want it in there or not. And well, even if you don't want them to spend any time on it, I didn't want them to spend any time making it to begin with. So you already had your lucky day. Now it can be ours and get this silly thing out of the screen if we want to.

And it's easy to misclick, especially in 4k when the skill bar is a bit smaller also.

@Sariel.2143, we are not requesting Anet to remove your useless novelties out of your UI.

We are requesting Anet to add a option to disable it in the options menu, simple has that, if i disable on my client be assured it wont disable in yours....

You can keep all day lookign at your bar and chair in DR at will...

The novelties adition was a decent addon for those who like that kind of thing only... wich made every one else having that extra bar on their UI(this goes against the principle of designing a good UI for starter).I personally like to have only what i use on my UI....or at least have that option, so those who can have or like to have clutter on their can have it at will.

@Sariel.2143 said:Disagreed.I almost never use it myself and I don't see how people can missclick it. Most people don't even see the button.

Please refer to my original:

@segman.3560 said:

@"Rauderi.8706" said:It's a super-tiny blip on the UI, tucked neatly under the mount button (which people should be using custom keybinds for anyway). I really don't know how it's bothering people. >.>

"Hi, it doesn't affect me so it's cool"

Very insightful comment, thank you for sharing. Case closed.

@segman.3560 said:

@Sariel.2143 said:Disagreed.I almost never use it myself and I don't see how people can missclick it. Most people don't even see the button.

@"Rauderi.8706" said:It's a super-tiny blip on the UI, tucked neatly under the mount button (which people should be using custom keybinds for anyway). I really don't know how it's bothering people. >.>

Good counter argument, you are going places.

@Aeolus.3615 said:@Sariel.2143, we are not requesting Anet to remove your useless novelties out of your UI.

We are requesting Anet to add a option to disable it in the options menu, simple has that, if i disable on my client be assured it wont disable in yours....

You can keep all day lookign at your bar and chair in DR at will...

The novelties adition was a decent addon for those who like that kind of thing only... wich made every one else having that extra bar on their UI(this goes against the principle of designing a good UI for starter).I personally like to have only what i use on my UI....or at least have that option, so those who can have or like to have clutter on their can have it at will.

Youre making points I didnt even mention. I know what you are requesting and said my opinion about the matter.And I said I dont use it, hence I dont have a chair . Please read my previous post properly. :)

@Sariel.2143 said:

Good counter argument, you are going places.

Your original statement wasnt much of an argument.

You dont see how people doing something isnt an argument, it happens, regardless of if you see how it does or not, it covers up half of the mount button and it would have been 1000% better if they would have added the novelties button to the right of the mount button instead of right on top of it.

Personally didnt mind it being there until i did click on it instead of the mount tab, so..i kinda agree with the OP? id just rather see it moved than have the option added to hide it.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"spartan.9421" said:Kind of a petty thing to complain about, no? Sure, the icon could use a change so it's not just grey but, asking Anet to give us the option to hide it is just silly. It's not like it's blocking anything. Give it a week, you'll learn to accept the change.

I must say, i had to disable the bind for it, sometimes when trying to go to the iventory "i key" pressed "u key" and would start playing bass and was in midle of a fight -.-", it is not a complain
it is a re request to make UI better.

Also IF Anet wants only to add very useless stuff to that window they have to remove since it is noit helping the UI,
it is not a professional UI design to have useless window and information, so yeah i dont like
, i mostly use key binding, and i use the skills with the CD countdown displayed, so yeah seeing that empty bar that's never gona get used it is visually bad, and in terms of pvp gameplay the ui needs to be clean of useless stuff.

Anet can fix(improve) this in 2 ways:Add a option to to disable the useless bar of useless content near my skills...

Updade the useless bar, into a utility one, where players can also drop nourishments, this would be the best change sometimes on WvW we have to open iventory and search for the nourishment, so this could actually make something usefull for at least WvW, for pvp it would have need another function or complete remove/disable when players enter in match, since it has ZERO usage.

Why are you even trying to access your inventory in the middle of a fight? And if you are using key bindings how are you accidentally playing bass in the middle of a fight? Bind it to a key that you won't accidentally press in the middle of a fight. Not only that, you can't even equip a musical item in the middle of a fight! It auto removes if you have it equipped before you enter a fight and does not allow it if you are already in a fight.

And another thing! It's just a small gray box! Sure, it is kinda ugly, and removing it when someone enters a fight would be nice. However, It's not as bad as people are making it out to be. Trust me, you'll get used to it. Just like with anything new, it'll get blown out of proportion and then everyone will quiet down and realize it really isn't so bad.

@Sariel.2143 said:Also food wise it takes literally 5 seconds to open inventory and double click your food. Putting it in the novalties tab would take me more time switching between food.

On the same basis it only takes 5 seconds to open the inventory and click your novelty item, in fact with this new system if you wish to switch between different kites or between different instruments it actually takes longer than it did before as you have to open the character menu, then the wardrobe, then novelties, put the new item into the novelties UI slot, close it all and then select it from the UI. Under the old system you just opened the inventory and clicked the novelty item.

On time basis we should scrap the entire new novelty wardrobe and go back to the old system (which personally I actually preferred).