Option to remove the novelties skill thing :(

@Majic.4801 said:

@Vegeta.2563 said:I just want my item to show up in the grey area. Instead of not knowing what I put in the active area..

Yeah, even if it has to be really teeny tiny, it would be better, and the interface designers are generally pretty good about that sort of thing.

I'm guessing they'll add it in with Tonics once those are ready.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@Vegeta.2563 said:I just want my item to show up in the grey area. Instead of not knowing what I put in the active area..

Yeah, even if it has to be really teeny tiny, it would be better, and the interface designers are generally pretty good about that sort of thing.

I'm guessing they'll add it in with Tonics once those are ready.

And on that note, adding tonics to the novelty section is definitely going to be most welcome!

• 1 year later...

Sensei Google led me to this post, also its annoying and looking for a workaround for months now.

I have an idea which is simple and very easier to implement for anet > just add a unequip option in in the novelty selection page.When you equip an outfit you can also right click and unequip it same thing can be implemented so even if you press the button nothing will happen its like when you make a fresh new character and that button does not work till you add a novelty.

@Rauderi.8706 said:It's a super-tiny blip on the UI, tucked neatly under the mount button (which people should be using custom keybinds for anyway). I really don't know how it's bothering people. >.>

It's hard to unsee something that bugs you. Thankfully I can ignore that on the bar but the scrapper's (my main) hovering gyro and engineer's explosives glowing hand bug me more. The latter doesn't go away when zoomed into first person, it just bobs there. Some two handed weapons on other professions bob in and out of vision on FP as well. All of them along with the lack of FP while mounted bug me and mess with the ability to do videos.

@GHOST.8609 said:Sensei Google led me to this post, also its annoying and looking for a workaround for months now.

I have an idea which is simple and very easier to implement for anet > just add a unequip option in in the novelty selection page.When you equip an outfit you can also right click and unequip it same thing can be implemented so even if you press the button nothing will happen its like when you make a fresh new character and that button does not work till you add a novelty.

There is no need for a work-around because you have hotkeys. There's no reason to have the mouse there at all.No reason to be there = no chance of accidental clicks = no problem. You're welcome.

Trise is completely right.You guys should be paying attention to what's going on around you instead of looking at and clicking around the interface. It's slower, less efficient and in heated situations it might as well cost you your life. Any half serious player should use hotkeys and customize the default keybinds. There's even videos on that. It took me less than a month as a newbie to realize how clicking stuff with the mouse is counterproductive, to put it mildly.

Despite me seeing it as a non-issue, if you still insist on clicking - I have nothing against an option to hide that button.Do at least consider cutting down on mouse usage for non essential stuff tho...

Hello sir , I jump started the topic because I was looking for an option to unequip the novelty bar like like outfit. For outfits you have not only the option to hide but unequip them totally. It was just a suggestion in a random 2 year old post which anet will never see. I am not posting anything like "ANET SHOULD DO THIS". A lot of people have different kids of ocd and the point I am making is that people can give suggestion to smaller changes to UI which adds upon the things already there. And if people want to play with mouse click its their preference (and seems like you guys are bothered more about that and do not know what sarcasm is)

Anyways as I said google led me to this post, I joined the forums a year ago and I rarely post as there will be people like him who will teach you about hotkeys ;)

Actually sometime i still end using the novelties in wvw due miss clicks... i got mount keybinded but sometimes while using other keybinds or movements using mouse to that icon its closer and faster than using the keybinds (imagine a jumpdodge roll to make target miss to mount and escape or incease range) yeah but sometimes what happens is dodge to novelty ..... and play bass while enemey keep atacking... -.-"

Forcing to use a keybind to avoid miss clicks its a forced solution, that a awfull solution when we are talking of UI design... keybind somethign to avoid problems....its simply bad design.

Altough this is not important thing to act, but something in future needs to be done to improve UI experience.

My last resource will be using a macro to full chain the jump dodge roll to mount.

• 2 months later...

@bobsort.4097 said:OMG! after almost 2 years. still there is no such a thing! I made a huge mistake putting wolf totem over there, now instead of getting on my skyscale mid air I turn to wolf and hit ground to my doom!

yeah once in a while, when my fingers are clicking or close to other binds, i tend to hit the novelties with mouse since it is closer than fingers, last time i transformed into the box with thong when pushing towards downed played xD rather than mount.

I totally support this idea. All it takes is one time of hitting the tiny box inside the small box and your attacking a Boss with a balloon or sitting in a chair while he wipes you out. All Novelty items have lost all value to me and are not considered a reward or loot anymore. This change would make a world of diference and probably generate Gem Shop Sales of Novelty items, once again.

then also remove hearts from the UI and make them auto-complete, i hate anything that blinks on my screen and it's super annoying when i am playing to get away from all the annoyance i have to deal with....

oh, before i forget, allow multi-leveling so i don't have to click on the level icon per level.

@sorudo.9054 said:then also remove hearts from the UI and make them auto-complete, i hate anything that blinks on my screen and it's super annoying when i am playing to get away from all the annoyance i have to deal with....

oh, before i forget, allow multi-leveling so i don't have to click on the level icon per level.

Every one hates stuff that blink on the screen and its not used :) specially when its notused :bleep_bloop:And if i recall who u are from gw1 u have a certain understanting on ui design.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Tumult.2578 said:

Just Delete EVERY Novelty as soon as you see it in your inventory. THATS FUN!!!

You do realize this thread is nearly four years old now, right?

Edit: Correction. The thread was made in 2018 and has been dormant for nearly four years.

Edited by RoseofGilead.8907
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1