Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged] - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Comments

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018

@Haishao.6851 said:
    Do this only work with facebook and instagram?

When I first tried it, it also offered Twitter, but that disappeared fairly quickly. I wonder if their contract with Facebook allows a high enough rate of connections...

EDIT: and Twitter is now back, not that helps me since I don't have a Twitter account.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying it right now and the Twitter option keeps appearing and disappearing. I'm only trying Facebook right now but that isn't working.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:

@hugo.4705 said:
    Don't hesitate to restart app sometimes it solves the issue.

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!! I have the Dragon Outfit!!!!!!! It took hours, patience, and much puzzlement!!!!!! So many times I was convinced I was doing it all wrong.

Whew.

I am so happy.

Hugo, thank you. Everyone thank You. Arenanet I love you.

Lisa.

May I ask you some questions about your progress?

When you kept trying to get the rewards to load to click on the right one, if you went over to 'Profile' in 'Social', does the app you chose to link show the radio button on?

Did you choose Facebook or Instagram?

When you clicked on the GW2 reward, did it pop up with a "$1 off" coupon pop up and ask you to login to instagram and/or facebook, and when you did, just came back to the same pop up?

My Instagram account shows I've authorized something called 'Social Rewards', and if I unauthorize it and do the process again, it shows back up, so clearly that is the thing to be linked to Kung Fu, and it's working, but it's not clear to me the app understands I've linked it. And then I get in that "$1 off" loop that won't let me go anywhere. I'm curious as to whether you experienced the same sort of behavior before you finally got in, or if your experience was different.

I'd rather not have to make a fake Facebook account, but if that is a better way to go, I suppose I can do that instead.

Thank you.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

I tried (and failed) multiple times at getting Facebook to connect to the app. It finally connected properly about 10 minutes ago. So, we'll see if the reward ever pops up. :p

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Update: Quaggan is now allegedly connected to Facebook on the app, but no codes. Quaggan is sad.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Zaron.1987Zaron.1987 Member ✭✭✭

Btw many Codes already at eBay (Shirt and Core game). Grrrr

GG anet and Tea Pot

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    I tried (and failed) multiple times at getting Facebook to connect to the app. It finally connected properly about 10 minutes ago. So, we'll see if the reward ever pops up. :p

After each failure, did you have to go to Facebook and de-authorize 'Social Rewards' before trying again? Or, did you just leave that there and keep trying to connect in the app itself? At one point when trying to connect to the app did it seem to work? Does that radio button show 'on' for you now?

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@notebene.3190 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

After each failure, did you have to go to Facebook and de-authorize 'Social Rewards' before trying again? Or, did you just leave that there and keep trying to connect in the app itself? At one point when trying to connect to the app did it seem to work? Does that radio button show 'on' for you now?

Wondering the same.

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018

@notebene.3190 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

I "de-authorized" it twice but then gave up on that. So, my next 10 or so attempts were just repeat spam attempts, without going into Facebook to remove the permissions from the last attempt. On my unsuccessful attempts, the radio button would show On until I left the Connect Social Media Accounts tab; once I left that tab and came back, the button would show Off. After the successful attempt, it now shows my FB profile picture and name at the top of the Connect Social Media Accounts tab, and the Facebook button stays On, even after fully restarting the app.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Sanity Obscure.6054Sanity Obscure.6054 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018

Can't they just give you a code on a paper when you buy a drink and mention the gw2 promo?

This is just so convoluted and shady....

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@notebene.3190 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

I "de-authorized" it twice but then gave up on that. So, my next 10 or so attempts were just repeat spam attempts, without going into Facebook to remove the permissions from the last attempt. On my unsuccessful attempts, the radio button would show On until I left the Connect Social Media Accounts tab; once I left that tab and came back, the button would show Off. After the successful attempt, it now shows my FB profile picture and name at the top of the Connect Social Media Accounts tab, and the Facebook button stays On, even after fully restarting the app.

Thank you!

So it sounds like before I even need to worry about the reward list, I need to keep trying to connect my Instagram until it 'sticks', and 'then' try to get the right rewards to show up and pick it.

Something new to go on, thanks again!

• @Sanity Obscure.6054 said:
    Can't they just give you a code on a paper when you buy a drink and mention the gw2 promo?

How exactly are they going to give me a piece of paper?

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

@Sanity Obscure.6054 said:

Purchase isn't necessary, so buying a drink isn't even required.

edited September 1, 2018

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

Buy a drink in store and mention the game, or buy something online like a keychain or cup and get an email. Not hard to implement.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:

@hugo.4705 said:

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!! I have the Dragon Outfit!!!!!!! It took hours, patience, and much puzzlement!!!!!! So many times I was convinced I was doing it all wrong.

Whew.

I am so happy.

Hugo, thank you. Everyone thank You. Arenanet I love you.

Lisa.

You're welcome! I'm very happy, you and some other players finally earned their Dragon-T-Shirt and the heroic chest!!! I'm sure all these bugs and lags are only due to the massive amount of players trying to connect or link their accounts! :)

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• @Sanity Obscure.6054 said:

Buy a drink in store and mention the game, or buy something online like a keychain or cup and get an email. Not hard to implement.

"Buy a drink in store"? It's not like I'm going to take a seven hour flight just to go to their (...) stores. That was my point.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

@hugo.4705 said:

Doesn't seem to solve the gentle and explicative(1) message "Something went wrong"... Maybe if I restart the phone...

Worked fine this morning but since noon, that issue appeared when trying to link accounts like facebook, I've the same now currently when I try to log-back into my facebook account :/ Maybe we just have to wait, or they should do something with their app! I can't have the deluxe thingy since the "Scan" option for facebook post with #GW2xKFT is totally broken...

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Raizel.8175Raizel.8175 Member ✭✭✭✭

Trying for almost 10h by now and still doesn't work. I hope they're able to fix the problem soon. xD

edited September 1, 2018

"Buy a drink in store"? It's not like I'm going to take a seven hour flight just to go to their (...) stores. That was my point.

So like I said, you would buy something online such as a mug or stickers and get a code. Options for everyone. Then you would have an advertisement for Kung Fu Tea and the promotion is still implemented.

edited September 1, 2018

I'm investigating in the app currently, will see if I can solve the issue "Something went wrong"... I try uninstalling the app..

• @Raizel.8175 said:
    Trying for almost 10h by now and still doesn't work. I hope they're able to fix the problem soon. xD

I'm a little surprised they set this thing up to launch on the weekend. Somebody is going to be upset at having to do work on Saturday. (Wait... when is the US Labor Day holiday? Oh, I remember now. First Monday in September. So not only a weekend, but a long weekend.) Stunningly excellent timing, people.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

Also the app have a very bad rating in google play now, 2.1/5 by the way.

I doubt in store people have a clue about this promo.. This is probably online only in terms of promoting. In store people just sell the drinks, and have nothing to do with the promotion at all.

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

This is weird
    I went on to make an Instagram account and my email was showing like it's already been used.
    I don't remember ever having an Instagram account so I did a password reset, and once I got into the account I found out someone from Asia has been using my email for their Instagram.

@hugo.4705 said:

That's actually pretty harsh and shows that it's proper trash. xD Even the most blatant cash-grabs like that stupid mobile Harry Potter game are above 4 stars.

Yup! 4.1 pokemon go O_o, 4.3 for ingress and 4.6 for fire emblem heroes! I can understand the rate, but I feel bad for these persons.... They are surely very nice but their app is clearly not optimized.

• @Haishao.6851 said:
    This is weird
    I went on to make an Instagram account and my email was showing like it's already been used.
    I don't remember ever having an Instagram account so I did a password reset, and once I got into the account I found out someone from Asia has been using my email for their Instagram.

And now that person will be freaking out because he can't get into "his" Instagram. Serves him right.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

edited September 1, 2018

@Vegeta.2563 said:
    I doubt in store people have a clue about this promo.. This is probably online only in terms of promoting. In store people just sell the drinks, and have nothing to do with the promotion at all.

I see retail and fast food people handle third party promos like this constantly, and while I agree that they likely don't know about it in this case, I still believe that it would be easier to implement it that way and it would be far less hassle than what this turned out to be. They could have just had you download the app and buy an item of merchandise using it. Send an email with the code and done.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@hugo.4705 said:

That's actually pretty harsh and shows that it's proper trash. xD Even the most blatant cash-grabs like that stupid mobile Harry Potter game are above 4 stars.

It only shows that all try to get dozens of Twink Account and get angry its Not working.look at Text of ratings

@Zaron.1987 said:

@Raizel.8175 said:

@hugo.4705 said:

It only shows that all try to get dozens of Twink Account and get angry its Not working.look at Text of ratings

It was already at 2,5 stars out of 5 in the morning when the promotion launched, so GW2 only reduced the rating by 0,4 stars.

Kinda sad to see people on ebay who sell codes for 50 £/€/$ upwards on ebay. :/

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018

@Raizel.8175 said:

@hugo.4705 said:

@Raizel.8175 said:

@hugo.4705 said:

"Proper trash" is a bit harsh as an analysis. It's probably more accurate to say that it wasn't designed around world+dog all trying to log in to it all at once (and neither was their back-end infrastructure), and because back-end connectivity errors are supposed to be rare, the developers didn't put a lot of effort into handling the errors. Under normal circumstances, a niche-y app like this one wouldn't get a whole lot of traffic, and error handling for stuff that will be used by Joe Public is really hard.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's a great app. It's not. But in the circumstances, it probably doesn't rate this kind of treatment. See also https://xkcd.com/937/ for another take on the value of averaged star ratings.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

edited September 1, 2018

@Haishao.6851 said:
    This is weird

And now that person will be freaking out because he can't get into "his" Instagram. Serves him right.

Same happened for me some time ago. Someone entered my Mail in Spotify. Cause it was a free Account i closed it. :p Some Week before he did Same with paid Sony Network Account also with my mail but recognized his fail in Minutes and changed it to His Mail... So his Mail seems almost similiar to Mine. But how he could fail two times its Just lol.

But you See sometimes its Not scam Just a fail with Mail similarity. And now btt.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

I only have a twitter account that I never use and I don't even know if works. I don't do social media. Twitter, is not a link option. First world problems.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• Has anyone tried this and actually gotten the app to work? It absolutely will not work for me even after linking my facebook. Also, if you got it to work HOW and how do you get the codes for free stuffs

edited September 1, 2018

1- Delete the app
    2- Shut down phone
    3- Restart
    4- Re-download
    5- Reconnect with Social media fb/twi/insta
    6- You can re-login but not link it seems, but better, charge during a several time like working but then "An error occurred when registering" whereas it's the same screen... that's mind blowing... btw, twitter have been removed from link options it seems.

Well, I tried making a dummy facebook account for my character, but now I can't log back into facebook without submitting a photo...of my character (I guess?), and I tried uploading another screenshot of my character, with the face clearly visible, and no other characters on the screen, but they won't accept my 'photo'.

So that whole approach is a simulation hypothesis spinning out of control. :/

Hopefully it will take my character's new Instagram account eventually.

I super-deleted my Facebook account a few months back, and wouldn't agree to give it if it was still active. I have an Instagram account, to follow my family and keep up with their awesomeness and be supportive and what not, but I'm not about to offer that up for sale either.

So hopefully ANet will respond to my support ticket and just give me two codes I can use to get my free things. I think I put the work in at this point. :3

• calb.3128calb.3128 Member ✭✭✭

Nothing in particular worked for me. I just kept trying every so often throughout the day and eventually it worked. Had to fight through the error messages and FB worked in the end. Instagram kept looking like it was working but wouldn't make the toggle switch green, and Twitter never showed.

edited September 1, 2018

Maybe, would be more efficient to complain on KFT website instead of GW2? https://www.kungfutea.com/contact-us/ or in app, customer service -> don't see my question or better: [email protected]

• @hugo.4705 said:
    Maybe, would be more efficient to complain on KFT website instead of GW2? https://www.kungfutea.com/contact-us/ or in app, customer service -> don't see my question or better: [email protected]

Anet should have known not to work with a tiny little company with a crappy little app.

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

So Instagram doesn't work either, so i tried to use an old trash facebook account, it worked for a few minutes but now there's no way to connect to it anymore unless I give them my mobile number.

By the time I get this to work, every abuser will have drained all the codes.

Progress!

Okay, I think I finally got my character's Instagram connected. I can come back to it, and I see her little profile picture that's pulled from Instagram. I kept trying the setup through the reward thing, and now that reward thing is gone (I can no longer pick it), so presumably I'll get an email (in app?) message with my codes soon?

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018

@Haishao.6851 said:
    So Instagram doesn't work either, so i tried to use an old trash facebook account, it worked for a few minutes but now there's no way to connect to it anymore unless I give them my mobile number.

By the time I get this to work, every abuser will have drained all the codes.

I'm guessing that a lot of people have been making throw away FB accounts for this. FB software probably started flagging accounts that are brand new or rarely used that suddenly have linked the Kung Fu Tea app as suspicious activity. When that happens I think FB wants a mobile number to confirm the account is legit.

Agreed, KFT should have restrain themselves from making a partnership gw2, or at least, verified that the app could endure a wave of players withoug crashing or issues. That little promotion literally submerged them. :o

Success!

I tried the deleting the app, powering down, re-installing and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier (thanks for that suggestion, @hugo.4705!), but waited until I could finally get the reward options to come up, picked the one, then kept trying to login with Instagram from that "$1 off" pop-up until it finally took.

Took maybe another 10-15 min after that to get my in-app message with my codes.

Ah finally!! :D happy to heard that @notebene.3190 ^^

• Rococo.8347Rococo.8347 Member ✭✭✭

THIS is why I dont have loads of social media accounts and don't get suckered in to stupid promotions that are just an attempt at grabbing your data - I thought this time would be different, no idea how any of you have managed to even get this? I cant even get Instagram to load up via the app - its just continues to say 'there was a problem'? ive been trying on an off for 5 hours...

And this is after setting up an android emulator, researching throw away email accounts and setting up an encrypted one instead, setting up an Instagram ( FB is just for work) initially trying to set up an alternative Twitter because it seemed to be the one that worked best, now its completely disappeared as an option.

Giving up, if someone can point me to a breakdown of how to gte around the 'there was a problem issue' I would appreciate - but honestly, many of us do not have hours to throw at this situation, im already pissed ive lost several hours at a weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.