@Subzero.1756 said:

@MaxOS.7531 said:Is anyone else missing their function keys on a MacBook model with Touch Bar since the last patch?

Yes, until you mentioned it, I didn't notice but they are also missing on my TouchBar

You mean you actually want to use function keys rather than the emoji-like hell apple is forcing on us? :)

I assume you have tried going into the control panel and setting function keys as the default? Looks like I will be looking for a foldable keyboard to put in my laptop pack.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Menadena.7482 said:

@MaxOS.7531 said:Is anyone else missing their function keys on a MacBook model with Touch Bar since the last patch?

Yes, until you mentioned it, I didn't notice but they are also missing on my TouchBar

You mean you actually want to use function keys rather than the emoji-like hell apple is forcing on us? :)

I assume you have tried going into the control panel and setting function keys as the default? Looks like I will be looking for a foldable keyboard to put in my laptop pack.

Nope, they were there with my settings unchanged and then they weren't. The latest update just brought them back. Thanks for the quick fix !

Hi guys!

After a year not playing Guild Wars 2, I thought I pick it back up again.In the course of this year I bought a Macbook Pro.I would have thought this would work fine as Guild Wars 2 is now a mature game.

Unfortunately, my FPS is horrendous. In LA I have a FPS of around 30 while standing still, if i dare to move it will drop all the way to 12.In an area as Gendarran Fields I can have an fps of 73, but only if the camera is moved, it can drop down to 20 something.

Can someone tell why my FPS is not stable, and better, can someone tell me how to fix this issue?

I have been tweaking around with my graphics options but nothing really seems to cut it. And of course, everything is on the lowest setting possible (which I would think is also very peculiar as this is a 2012 game, and a 2017 machine..)

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)2,3 GHz Intel Core i58 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

@Karstonie.6014 said:Can someone tell why my FPS is not stable, and better, can someone tell me how to fix this issue?

A lot of things go into the fps plus you will see a scene rendered in what is considered 'ideal'. Say you were out in the middle of nowhere with no objects in draw range around you and you were not moving, the fps will jump up (actually the ideal is pretty low but usually you will see something high). Now go to a busy city and your fps will crash into the ground. because there are many more things to render Most of the time you are between those two extremes though.

I have serious problems of lag during the game even with the lowest graphic settings.

I'm on a MacBook Pro (Mid 2015) with High Sierra. I have a 2.2 GHz intel core i7 with 16GB of memory and an Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. Is it possible to fix (at least a little bit) the problem?

I came to tell how well the client works for me by now. I had to play on all low settings when the client was released and have a frame limiter set to 30 FPS. It rarely hit that limit when the client came out but I noticed yesterday that it was basically stuck to 31 FPS no matter what I did so I started bumping up the settings a bit. I now play with all high textures and high shaders on. The only thing I did was lower the resolution to 1650x1050 (which still is close to 1080p) and disabled DPI scaling. This is amazing and I love how you are constantly improving the client bit by bit with small steps! :)

It does lag the first few Minutes when I start the game but gets smoother and smoother the longer I play. I assume that it takes a while until the engine loaded everything into memory and renders stuff? I can only speculate though. I also still have flickering leaves on trees and bushes. I'm happy to provide additional debugging help if necessary.

My setup is a standard MacBook Pro 13" from last year:

Model Name: MacBook ProModel Identifier:   MacBookPro13,2Processor Name: Intel Core i7Processor Speed:    3,3 GHzNumber of Processors:   1Total Number of Cores:  2L2 Cache (per Core):    256 KBL3 Cache:   4 MBMemory: 16 GB

@"PiXY.6841" said:I came to tell how well the client works for me by now. I had to play on all low settings when the client was released and have a frame limiter set to 30 FPS. It rarely hit that limit when the client came out but I noticed yesterday that it was basically stuck to 31 FPS no matter what I did so I started bumping up the settings a bit. I now play with all high textures and high shaders on. The only thing I did was lower the resolution to 1650x1050 (which still is close to 1080p) and disabled DPI scaling. This is amazing and I love how you are constantly improving the client bit by bit with small steps! :)

It does lag the first few Minutes when I start the game but gets smoother and smoother the longer I play. I assume that it takes a while until the engine loaded everything into memory and renders stuff? I can only speculate though. I also still have flickering leaves on trees and bushes. I'm happy to provide additional debugging help if necessary.

My setup is a standard MacBook Pro 13" from last year:

Model Name:   MacBook ProModel Identifier: MacBookPro13,2Processor Name:   Intel Core i7Processor Speed:  3,3 GHzNumber of Processors: 1Total Number of Cores:    2L2 Cache (per Core):  256 KBL3 Cache: 4 MBMemory:   16 GB

Quick question: Base macOS Sierra, or updated to macOS High Sierra?

@DrMORO.4627 said:

Quick question: Base macOS Sierra, or updated to macOS High Sierra?

I updated to High Sierra, but I have an SSD anyways so the high I/O Problem wasn't that much of a deal for me anyways. However, I just checked and after 10 Minutes of playing I had around 130MB of Read and Write. So seems like that problem's solved?!

Hey guys,I'm playing on an iMac late 2012 (i7, GTX 680 2GB).The performance definitely got better a few weeks ago. I still have this input/movement lag where it feels like my character is walking through goo but it's gotten a bit better.

I'm playing on mid to high settings. Textures, shaders, animations and environment on high, shadows medium and player visibility and quality depending on content. Decreasing these settings doesn't really help with the FPs. I'm usually having 23-40 frames. If I decrease them I may get around 60 but only while standing still. Moving will always decrease them below 30.Something that is the biggest performance hit for me is the resolution of my display. I always have to play in subsample otherwise my fps will never go above 30 even in lowest settings.It doesn't look that nice but I personally prefer the subsampling to not having any shadows or shaders.

Recently I bought an external SSD. The FPS got slightly better but the noteworthy thing is that my loading times are literally never above 10 seconds. Loading into mistlock takes maybe 4 seconds. It's amazing. I just copied my GW2 folder to the SSD and it's working perfectly fine. Because of these decreased loading times the UI also doesn't need time to load. While on my internal HDD, every UI element needed 3 extra minutes to load. Opening the inventory took two more minutes to load every item icon etc.If you can I would recommend playing it on an SSD. No matter if it's internal or external (external if you have USB 3.0 or above)

This is my recent experience with the Mac client. It's great to be able to play it without having many problems anymore. Only the flickering textures are something that really buggs me currently.Thanks to all the devs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@DrMORO.4627 said:MAC CLIENT

• Fixed some of the issues relating to light rendering.

Things getting better for every Mac GW2-er?

Hard to say. I'm assuming this means I won't be seeing walls/floors that oddly go all green or all red, but since that was an occasional thing instead of constant, it will be hard to identify whether it's the case.

Since the last update I occasionally have green people running around. You can see it in the attached screenshot. It also includes the flickering problem that was reported before. The leaves lose their texture for a split second and then they reappear causing the flickering.Imagehttps://imgur.com/a/NZBsZx9

EDIT: When I started the game today, it told me that it found corrupted files the last time and asked to repair the data file, that fixed the green people.

inaho.2046 posted about this back in July, but I wanted to bring it up again- the custom music playlists don't seem to work on mac. I've been trying over the last week to put in a MainMenu playlist, but it never plays. I've tried both .m3u (extended and non-extended) and .pls playlists, and I tried sourcing the files from a nearby directory (I put a "tracks" folder on the same level as the "music" folder) as well as from the iTunes music folders.

Yes, it's not game-breaking, but it would be really nice to be able to do the same things on mac that can be done on PC. If you could fix/implement this soon, it would be much appreciated.

@"PiXY.6841" said:Since the last update I occasionally have green people running around. You can see it in the attached screenshot. It also includes the flickering problem that was reported before. The leaves lose their texture for a split second and then they reappear causing the flickering.Imagehttps://imgur.com/a/NZBsZx9

EDIT: When I started the game today, it told me that it found corrupted files the last time and asked to repair the data file, that fixed the green people.

Hmmm, might not want to say 'fixed' too soon, I saw some seasick-green charr wandering around today in Plains of Ashford.

@sunrun.4521 said:The Touch Bar controls are still completely missing for me...

Hi all!So, today macOS Mojave is out.I am also thinking of getting a new Mac. (Yeah!)There are several BIG questions regarding new Mac, new mac OS, with GW2 Mac 64-bit client.Not sure which newest Mac to get, yet thinking of the new MacBook Pro 13 inch touch-bar with quad core, or the 15 inch touch-bar with 6 cores + dedicated graphic chip.(Well, really want the newest & baddest Mac mini, but no sign of it coming out at all... Apple, please!)My Questions:

• Is the Touch-bar still useless with GW2? Have macOS Mojave fixed this? Or, will this be fixed eventually? Or, is Touch bar a gimmick.
  • Does GW2 run nicely, or even better on macOS Mojave?
  • Does GW2 run nicely, or even better on the new more-cores MacBook Pros, either 13 inch or 15 inch?

Being able to play GW2 on a Mac (in portable or small form factor), and with better output, is key to what I am going to do next with my new Mac purchase.I know everything else will definitely be better than what I have right now, which are getting too old.Any useful and constructive info, and kind suggestions, are very much welcome!Thanks in advance!

Just a quick note that GW2 runs fine on Mojave for me (late 2016 15" MBP w/TB, Radeon Pro 460). I seemed to be getting a few extra fps where my character was left compared to when I last logged in, but that might just be differences in players. Still as janky/hitchy as ever when rotating the camera/whenever it loads new assets though.

(note re Apple marking OpenGL as "deprecated" - it just means they intend to remove it in some future version of macOS; "deprecated" is different to "removed")

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Touch Bar controls are now back for me as of a recent GW2 update.

I upgraded to Mojave on my laptop. No significant speed change from high sierra (around 20 fps). So not quite sure what to do about my sierra iMac as I expect it would take a nose dive with either version. Around 6 years older but runs at 40+. Maybe there is some pref setting (in or out of the game) that would help?