Awakened Height — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Awakened Height

Something about the awakened bothers me. Why do some of the awakened have normal proportions but somehow end up ridiculously tall?

This annoyance came to a head when I faced awakened Koss and he, as a human, was taller than my max-height norn.

Koss is a human. He's wearing the same armor he was wearing during nightfall in gw1 when he was a normal height human. What is going on with this stuff?

Best Answers

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018 Accepted Answer

Sometimes for gameplay purposes major or significant bosses/chars are boosted in size to either accentuate their status above lowly trash mobs or make them more visible in fights. This often true of undead humanoids, but it occurs in various parts of the game. As essentially magically animated/enhanced beings, it's easy enough to pass their size off as "magic" as well

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

Answers

• Interesting. So it isn't a lore thing but rather a situation where lore takes a backseat to mechanics.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jon Howard.6523 said:
    Interesting. So it isn't a lore thing but rather a situation where lore takes a backseat to mechanics.

Pretty much. Very noticeable with content focused around human enemies as (mini) bosses often tower over Norns, too.

See for example the utterly gigantic Bandit Executioner open world boss.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Rognik.2579Rognik.2579 Member ✭✭✭

There also seems to be a trend with Awakened being changed by Joko. For instance, the canids were also made from human stalk, but got twisted and morphed into this form. Perhaps Joko can make a human grow bigger, if the soldier was important enough like the generals.

• @Oglaf.1074 said:

@Jon Howard.6523 said:
    Interesting. So it isn't a lore thing but rather a situation where lore takes a backseat to mechanics.

Pretty much. Very noticeable with content focused around human enemies as (mini) bosses often tower over Norns, too.

See for example the utterly gigantic Bandit Executioner open world boss.

Any Legendary rank Asura boss is quite funny as well. Pretty sure Arkk in shattered observatory is taller than a norn. It happens to allied NPCs as well, but not always. I definitely remember Logan towering over everyone in a few instances.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.