I think I've earned a title. I don't have a single legendary, so I became one. (Part two) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I think I've earned a title. I don't have a single legendary, so I became one. (Part two)

Lacuda.8543Lacuda.8543 Member ✭✭
edited September 6, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I think I've earned this. This took a LOT of work, time, and my own money in many paypal expenditures.
I literally don't have the attention span for the big farming things like legendaries. I managed to make one precursor once and that took me forever and cost wayyy more gold than it was worth!
I'm happy though! Wherever I go people ask me "HOW?!?!?" and follow me around.
This is Guild Wars 2 to me.
Thanks to anyone who sees this and likes it! :)

gw527.jpg"" gw525.jpg"" gw526.jpg""

Comments

• I don't know how to make images anymore with these new forums T_T so links will have to suffice

• Magek.4718Magek.4718 Member ✭✭✭

You have acheived total power.

This is beyond legendary.

This is... Super legendary

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

were is part one?

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭

Is there a player behind that light?

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

How? :D 6chars

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• @Linken.6345 said:
    were is part one?

Part one was a post I made a year or two ago with the effects available at the time!

• I'll make a video soon!

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Magek.4718 said:
    You have acheived total power.

This is beyond legendary.

This is... Super legendary

IT'S OVER 9000 (Lumens)

• Sephylon.4938Sephylon.4938 Member ✭✭✭✭

You sir have officially won shiny wars 2

I am a giant tomato filled with love. I have come to sell you a house made out of pancakes.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Lacuda.8543 said:
    I don't know how to make images anymore with these new forums T_T so links will have to suffice

It used to be something like ! [] ( link )
    but without spaces.

• Chay.7852Chay.7852 Member ✭✭✭

Obviously you have impressed some ppl out there xD your char is discussed on reddit too
    https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9dg6ti/alright_we_need_to_talk_about_these_auras_i_just/

• Absconditus.6804Absconditus.6804 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018

@Lacuda.8543 said:
    I think I've earned this. This took a LOT of work, time, and my own money in many paypal expenditures.
    I literally don't have the attention span for the big farming things like legendaries. I managed to make one precursor once and that took me forever and cost wayyy more gold than it was worth!
    I'm happy though! Wherever I go people ask me "HOW?!?!?" and follow me around.
    This is Guild Wars 2 to me.
    Thanks to anyone who sees this and likes it! :)

There you go, I think it was where you were hosting the images. I guess the forums wants trusted sources, like Imgur, to show images.

Seafarer's Rest | Enryon | Mistwarden [Hero]

• Careful, I think you are evolving into...something. :lol:

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

I just don't have words for this.

• It's amazing! Do you ever find yourself squinting to block out the light as you play the game?

Server: Sorrow's Furnace
    Guilds: [DOA] Descendants Of Ascalon, [LOOT] Legendary Order Of Thieves
    Characters: Black Hooded S\D Thief, Celestial Herald & Power Reaper

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dagger.2035 said:
    It's amazing! Do you ever find yourself squinting to block out the light as you play the game?

I'm sure it's OK, probably burnt out the pixels on the centre of his monitor by now.

• Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

Well, that's one way to make an obese character. Looks like a green meatball with legs. 😂

• I do believe 'Grossly Incandescent' would be an appropriate title for what you've accomplished here.

• Rhyse.8179Rhyse.8179 Member ✭✭✭

Please tell me your character name is "JJ Abrams."

• rather than "JJ Abrams" I'm really hoping it's a variation of "Pacman"

• @Chay.7852 said:
    Obviously you have impressed some ppl out there xD your char is discussed on reddit too
    https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9dg6ti/alright_we_need_to_talk_about_these_auras_i_just/

Man, there's a lot of anger there. I love how I look. I don't care if others think it's in poor taste...to me this took a REALLY long time. I've been slowly evolving my character with whatever skins I could find. I've been earning infusions. I did all this with a direct purpose in mind originally (I play bunker tank in WvW, and I find it psychologically aggroes players to attack me, allowing me to do my job).
    This isn't "for the lols"
    It's because I truly have put in a ton of time and effort for a goal.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lacuda.8543 said:

@Chay.7852 said:

Man, there's a lot of anger there. I love how I look. I don't care if others think it's in poor taste...to me this took a REALLY long time. I've been slowly evolving my character with whatever skins I could find. I've been earning infusions. I did all this with a direct purpose in mind originally (I play bunker tank in WvW, and I find it psychologically aggroes players to attack me, allowing me to do my job).

I cant see how skins matter at all since you cant see them with that light show going on, this is one reason in favor to make infusions only seen on the player end, if you want a disco ball go for it but it wont hurt anyone else.

• Imperadordf.2687Imperadordf.2687 Member ✭✭✭✭

How does it feel to play with 2 FPS average?

• @Linken.6345 said:

@Lacuda.8543 said:

@Chay.7852 said:

I cant see how skins matter at all since you cant see them with that light show going on, this is one reason in favor to make infusions only seen on the player end, if you want a disco ball go for it but it wont hurt anyone else.

I started with skins. When I get home from work I'll make a video or post some pics or something. I don't get why Reddit is filled with so many haters. It doesn't hurt anyone, I've never had a complaint, people are always asking me how I did it and what it takes. Some redditors are demanding infusion restrictions...like seriously? Combined with achievements and other in game content I've also put about $1,300 into this character.

This is a picture at my maximum, nearly optimal glow (some zones you can take advantage of where the lighting generators are) but without all the special temporary effects applied it's significantly less. I've had arena net guild members ask me how I did it and tell them but I don't tell other players all the secrets, because I don't want it to be nerfed.

I can play for hours and not see someone bright. So I don't get the issue. :/

There's several other much more obnoxious effects in the game.

• I'm also a casual player lol I just don't have the attention span for legendaries like others.

• @Imperadordf.2687 said:
    How does it feel to play with 2 FPS average?

Literally never have an fps drop. Don't even know how people can. :/

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018

@Lacuda.8543 said:

@Chay.7852 said:

As a WvW player primarily I have to say: kitten..,,, that is truly brilliant in EVERY sense of the word....

• Hey you worked for it, you can wear the look all you want even if it is a bit of an eyesore.... granted an unique one.... You go you...."Shine bright like a diamond" (or supernova ;) )

• I think the more infusions you have on, the less likely interacting with NPCs actually works.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭

@zeldara.4127 said:
    Hey you worked for it, you can wear the look all you want even if it is a bit of an eyesore.... granted an unique one.... You go you...."Shine bright like a diamond" (or supernova ;) )

I had to google it to find the reference. I feel old. I'd rather go for a "Shine on you crazy diamond".
    Because the OP is also a bit crazy (no offense, a good madness :D ). I wouldn't be able to see the enemies and time my dodges with all that light (and that's also why I wish I could hide animations and glowing effects from other players, legendaries included), but if you can fight without issue, I'm glad that you reached your goal :)

• Majic.4801Majic.4801 Member ✭✭✭

Who are you?

How may we worship you?

"Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside. Always follow what is true." -- Sentry-skritt Bordekka
    "I am so much more important than whatever it is you're doing!" -- Explorer Hiffa
    "Harpy love hurts!" -- Shaman Shoba

• juhani.5361juhani.5361 Member ✭✭✭

Ow! My soul! My retinas! My sanity!

And yet, it's weirdly awesome. Props, OP =)

• This is truly amazing xD You have reached peak legendary, I'm certain of that

I have infinite patience, but I still have a threshold for idiocy.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

I showed this to my daughter and now she wants to be that too.

• Vash.2386Vash.2386 Member ✭✭✭

Can you see well enough to find your way around a jumping puzzle?

• Kalli.4506Kalli.4506 Member ✭✭✭

"legendary firefly"

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well done. Now I'll go to the oculist, maybe he can save my retinas.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.