Concerns about Elementalist

System

@Jski.6180 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:It's all give and take.Sword and Dagger both have strong autos in Air, which is why they are the only weapons you'd use without a conjure or using one in a different attunement (no, Scepter is trash in air as well, despite the fast 2).Sword and Dagger again are the best for burning. And again, Scepter can do it in theory, but it is strictly weaker, damage-wise.Sword and Dagger offer better mobility, too, while Scepter has none of it in exchange for a little more control and higher burst.Staff on the other hand has unparalleled cleave, good burst and the best healing potential. Note that despite the big difference in the overall dps between Staff and Sword/Dagger, Staff still has higher burst which keeps it in the fractals meta.

I don't think there's an issue with Staff, really. It shouldn't be good at everything. No weapon should.

What dagger is just weak its the weakest of the weak in-fact its more of an token wepon that has been comply replaced by sword.

Air and fire are the dmg atuments if your not doing dmg when in these 2 atuments then there needs to be an update. Water and earth are the def / support atuments if your not being def or support in these atuments then there needs to be an update. There is no OK mid grond on this point its a yes or no only.

We give passes on air not doing good dmg on staff but its ok for water and earth to be support and tankly on all of the weapons? That what it seems.

For a good while Fire and Earth have been the damage attunements on staff for weavers. I see no problem with that.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff at the very least needs some little tweaks that aren't necesserily damage boosts. Like some cooldown reductions and aftercast reductions (all over), projectile speed increases (mainly in air 1 and 3) and some reliability in its CC skills (like a daze within Static Field upon activation and a knockdown in the area of Unsteady Ground upon activation).

Some conditions would be welcome too, keeping in mind still that Earth is supposed to be the "superior damage over time" attunement... but not forgetting that fire in general tends to burn :P

@Jski.6180 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:It's all give and take.Sword and Dagger both have strong autos in Air, which is why they are the only weapons you'd use without a conjure or using one in a different attunement (no, Scepter is trash in air as well, despite the fast 2).Sword and Dagger again are the best for burning. And again, Scepter can do it in theory, but it is strictly weaker, damage-wise.Sword and Dagger offer better mobility, too, while Scepter has none of it in exchange for a little more control and higher burst.Staff on the other hand has unparalleled cleave, good burst and the best healing potential. Note that despite the big difference in the overall dps between Staff and Sword/Dagger, Staff still has higher burst which keeps it in the fractals meta.

I don't think there's an issue with Staff, really. It shouldn't be good at everything. No weapon should.

What dagger is just weak its the weakest of the weak in-fact its more of an token wepon that has been comply replaced by sword.

Air and fire are the dmg atuments if your not doing dmg when in these 2 atuments then there needs to be an update. Water and earth are the def / support atuments if your not being def or support in these atuments then there needs to be an update. There is no OK mid grond on this point its a yes or no only.

We give passes on air not doing good dmg on staff but its ok for water and earth to be support and tankly on all of the weapons? That what it seems.

Why are people still discussing with @Feanor? He's only interested in golem benchmarking and raids and so far ele seems to excel at it. If you're a min/max hardcore raid player then use an ele, you may enjoy it...otherwise there is zero reason to even touch an ele with a mile long pole, a waste of effort/time and brainpower .

I tried one last time a months ago with a tread where I implored the devs to give us an answer ...and an answer we got with the last balance patch where they buffed unrelated sword skills and nerfed main defensive skill at the same time , I don't think you need any more hints : none of the devs play an ele in a competitive manner be it pvp or wvw, the majority play war/guard and you can notice that by looking at all the fine tuning they receive every single patch, where they make sure not a single weapon skill/trait is left unused...I mean did you see the latest change to staff on guardian, the most used weapon in wvw/pvp by this class?...pff crazy change on other hand...when it was the last time they checked something on say...warhorn?....yeah exactly.

I am wondering now why people still even comment on this subborum ...if you're a pvper/wvwer you're wasting your time here, go main another class...unless you're a masochist in which case you want to keep playing ele in pvp/wvw, anet devs are merely concerned with pleasing the demographic of each class which happens to be entirely pve related in ele case:

-they won't try hard on anything because majority of ele players are pvers content with their new benchmark golem record-the game is focused on pve with pvp/wvw being a secondary factor-no main dev plays an ele lol

And yet you guys are here still discussing ......

I think we need Arcane Fury back. It would really help to get some more fury from other places instead of having to rely on Raging Storm (crit). Having that trait back would definitely benefit staff weavers and those who use scepter.

We actually have builds that can one shot people, but we are held back by our own lack of fury. The might gain is a nice idea, though it's not what we need. We can get that from multiple sources via sigils, runes and other places. Fury is the one thing DPS weavers need on demand right now since you've introduced the ferocity buff to Raging Storm.

Maybe I'm talking rubbish, but it's worth changing it back to what it was and then having a look at the impact afterwards.

Do the same for Lava Font. I'm still pissed off.

@"Dahir.4158" said:I think we need Arcane Fury back. It would really help to get some more fury from other places instead of having to rely on Raging Storm (crit). Having that trait back would definitely benefit staff weavers and those who use scepter.

We actually have builds that can one shot people, but we are held back by our own lack of fury. The might gain is a nice idea, though it's not what we need. We can get that from multiple sources via sigils, runes and other places. Fury is the one thing DPS weavers need on demand right now since you've introduced the ferocity buff to Raging Storm.

Maybe I'm talking rubbish, but it's worth changing it back to what it was and then having a look at the impact afterwards.

Dont bother, terrible balance team never ever actually admit to their mistakes and revert things.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:I think we need Arcane Fury back. It would really help to get some more fury from other places instead of having to rely on Raging Storm (crit). Having that trait back would definitely benefit staff weavers and those who use scepter.

Dont bother, terrible balance team never ever actually admit to their mistakes and revert things.

They do just in a weird way. Its a very randomly try something new balance and hope for the best the problem is the time in-between the balance is way too long for this to ever work.

Added note no real response from devs. on these forms at all not looking good for this threat doing any thing...

@Jski.6180 said:

They do just in a weird way. Its a very randomly try something new balance and hope for the best the problem is the time in-between the balance is way too long for this to ever work.

Added note no real response from devs. on these forms at all not looking good for this threat doing any thing...

It won't. This thread wasn't created to collect feedback. It's just so threads don't show up elsewhere... where people can actually see them.

Can we just have a dev answering or just giving a sign that this post was not a bone threw at the barking dogs? If you are not reading this anymore just close the post, or at least give us some infos. "those who care about elementalist get in this thread", are we being heard tho devs?

Okay I have to go half a step back the aura stuff is just so silly only the buff and the reenabling of fresh air built stay. I was just so busy with everything it took a while to notice what they did in full extend especially what they meant with the changes on the aura. I thought the whole time they made it so that the auras are always shared with the group from now on. No they made it so that you can convert it into an attack.(which you can only use with very special weapon combos) Just absolute silly.

Tbh ele has horrible might uptime compared to most of other classes. It heavily relies on spamming fire skills with fire GM trait (which is basically just wvw staff build) and might from blast finishers is both weak and limited to melee builds (ranged builds have fire fields on enemy, not on self). I dont see a reason why arcane minor trait cant provide both might and fury, since both boons are required to be a cannon on a naturally glassy class. Ele also needs boons that proc on certain skills under certain conditions, unrelated to traits. Skills like unload on thief p/p or unrelenting assault on rev sword, which give might on hit.

Basically ele needs better uptimes on boons that isnnt swiftness. Ele needs boons that arent limited to single build/weapon and boons that dont require taking 3 specs and boon duration gear to be impactful.

@steki.1478 said:

Tbh ele has horrible might uptime compared to most of other classes. It heavily relies on spamming fire skills with fire GM trait (which is basically just wvw staff build) and might from blast finishers is both weak and limited to melee builds (ranged builds have fire fields on enemy, not on self). I dont see a reason why arcane minor trait cant provide both might and fury, since both boons are required to be a cannon on a naturally glassy class. Ele also needs boons that proc on certain skills under certain conditions, unrelated to traits. Skills like unload on thief p/p or unrelenting assault on rev sword, which give might on hit.

Basically ele needs better uptimes on boons that isnnt swiftness. Ele needs boons that arent limited to single build/weapon and boons that dont require taking 3 specs and boon duration gear to be impactful.

Yeah, I had the same idea after posting that. The trait should definitely have both boons.

I run zerker/fresh-air/auramancer. Went T4 fractals and it is a total blast. High damage, great sustain, great survivability: you keep your party buffed with auras, vigor, regen (you usually have like 40-50% damage reduction, rest of the party has protection/vigor almost 100% of the fights) and still dish out high numbers of damage. I love it. Together with a druid and a chrono you breeze through stuff like nothing else.

@Jski.6180 said:I want to see real boons and effects that ele lacks added to the core ele. There a lot of them and there a lot of room to add them in. Its like there realty is no one working on ele as a class just effects like auras something that not an ele only thing.

Shhhhh we need more nerfs to our damage cause we are number 2 and have the worst ability to survive, until we are last with no ability to survive we wont see buffs, because the class that has no ability to survive should be doing worse damage than other specs obviously. /sarcasm

It's not just the ability to survive, but there's a lack of utility overall. Even something as simple as having to cc means the ele's rotation and dps will be screwed for a few moments; an ele doesn't bring all that much outside of dps as far as PvE is concerned. The buffs to the air trait line helped ele remain relevant despite its shortcomings, but I'm almost certain there's some nerfs coming to "normalize" the class.

@"Arkaile.5604" said:It's not just the ability to survive, but there's a lack of utility overall. Even something as simple as having to cc means the ele's rotation and dps will be screwed for a few moments; an ele doesn't bring all that much outside of dps as far as PvE is concerned. The buffs to the air trait line helped ele remain relevant despite its shortcomings, but I'm almost certain there's some nerfs coming to "normalize" the class.

Which is my point. Until ele is forced to the bottom of everything we wont see anything done, which is a shame. Ele was my favorite class in GW1 because of how it was done, here its saddly the opposite. I want to love ele, but the lack of knowledgeable developer attention i cannot.

@Bramymond.7689 said:

@"Dante.1763" said:Ele was my favorite class in GW1 because of how it was done, here its saddly the opposite. I want to love ele, but the lack of knowledgeable developer attention i cannot.

I never played Gw1. Can you elaborate how Ele was done there a bit for me?

Well first off you could choose which of the elements you wanted to use, or multiple. Fire, and Air where the heavy damages if i recall properly, earth was control, and water was both healing and damage, and yes you had multiple weapons not that that mattered much because skills werent locked to weapons and honestly not gonna lie, i wish that in GW2 you could just..choose one or two elements per weapon and have a secondary set with the same or alternate elements.

The "arcane" trait line increased the amount of energy you had available so more high damage skills if you wanted.

Fire skills applied burning it was far more effective in GW1 than our burning is on ele currently. I forget what the other ones did(I think earth would apply bleeding, Air would do some kind of weakness where it reduced either the maximum HP you had or the maximum energy you had available.) because i barely ran builds that werent fire, and Fire skills where overall high damaging, AOE skills(at least the good used ones for PVE.) unlike ours fire skills..which are AOEs, on long cooldowns..but do very little damage.