New Hairstyles/ Cosmetic options soon? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Hairstyles/ Cosmetic options soon?

It's been awhile since we've had an update for all races. Humans having gotten the largest in regards to istan.
I know it's not entirely important, but something new for sylvari, charr, norn and asura would be great.

Such as: new ears, body types, markings, faces and hairstyles for Asura
New body types, tattoos, faces and hairstyles for Norn
New fur patterns, hair & Faces for Charr
Combine sylvari male and female hairstyles and create 1 new unique one for each. New faces and body types.

Long hair for asuran, sylvari and humans. More european styled hair for humans. Long braids, curls and better mohawks. Better beards please.
Curly hair for Norn, more cultural styled hairstyles/ nordic. Runic tattoos.

Each major update I look for something cosmetic that isn't recycled. Making my character look unique is about 50% of why I enjoy GW2. The other 50% is everything else (except pvp :c) No, the customization options aren't as great as other mmos but it can be. It can also be unique.

Hopefully, future updates will bring us joy as far as character customization goes.

Comments

  • Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭

    Yeah we're getting the beetle haircut once it's debugged. :o

  • Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Wyldchild.8706 said:
    I want a sylvari face that's just a plank of wood!

    In all seriousness I'd love to see a sylvari dandelion hairstyle where the ends of the tips glow (the equivalent of an afro). And another neat one would be a bunch of tiny and semi large mushrooms sprouting from their head where the undersides of each glow.

    I entirely misread your suggestion about dandelions, and couldn't figure out why it would be the equivalent of an afro.

    I thought you meant this:
    DandelionFlower.jpg

    rather than this:
    TaraxacumOfficinaleSeed.JPG

    It confused me for a moment.

    @Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

  • Hibiskus.8294Hibiskus.8294 Member ✭✭✭

    @Wyldchild.8706 said:
    I want a sylvari face that's just a plank of wood!

    In all seriousness I'd love to see a sylvari dandelion hairstyle where the ends of the tips glow (the equivalent of an afro). And another neat one would be a bunch of tiny and semi large mushrooms sprouting from their head where the undersides of each glow.

    Yes, please..also have you ever noticed that one of the sylvari in the loading screen of the grove has a short ponytail? Such a Hairstyle does not exist ingame....
    also i would like to see some sort of flytrap hairstyle.... <3

    More Norn tattos / hairstyles, more Charr horns / hairstyles (yes i know they got some new horns, but still more is better),
    long hair for female asura (and other hairstyles fo asura)... <3

    and out of the topic: some more cultural based outfits like cook outfit / wedding attire outfit and common clothing outfit, i like how they changed when you wear them with another race.... ;)

  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    @Hibiskus.8294 said:

    @Wyldchild.8706 said:
    I want a sylvari face that's just a plank of wood!

    In all seriousness I'd love to see a sylvari dandelion hairstyle where the ends of the tips glow (the equivalent of an afro). And another neat one would be a bunch of tiny and semi large mushrooms sprouting from their head where the undersides of each glow.

    Yes, please..also have you ever noticed that one of the sylvari in the loading screen of the grove has a short ponytail? Such a Hairstyle does not exist ingame....
    also i would like to see some sort of flytrap hairstyle.... <3

    More Norn tattos / hairstyles, more Charr horns / hairstyles (yes i know they got some new horns, but still more is better),
    long hair for female asura (and other hairstyles fo asura)... <3

    and out of the topic: some more cultural based outfits like cook outfit / wedding attire outfit and common clothing outfit, i like how they changed when you wear them with another race.... ;)

    At the start of the game, you could adjust characters hair length. It could of been a product of that?
    And yes +1

  • Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭

    @Wyldchild.8706 said:
    I want a Sylvari face that's just a plank of wood

    Then you need Groot.
    https://imgur.com/clZ5iCz

  • Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

    More long hair styles for asura please.

    Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn

    Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    @Endless Soul.5178 said:
    More long hair styles for asura please.

    I completely agree, but still have the asuran tech vibe to it

  • Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭

    Some actually normal human and Norn hairstyles would be nice. Not all this done up kitten. "We're going to fight an Elder Dragon, let me do my braids up in gold!" Bah.

  • Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

    There is still so many hairstyles for humans that are still locked to only NPCs, :angry:!
    I would love to see these regular hairstyles update we used to have before, I miss them and we could be needing new ones for all the races. :)

    | Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    @Batel.9206 said:

    @ZerotheFang.5890 said:
    really want more norn tattos but more just leg, arm, back options without face ones.

    I'm still annoyed that the one tattoo design I wanted for my female norn comes with warpaint on the face. (Eir's tattoos.) I keep staring enviously at this early render, where the female norn very clearly has Eir's tattoos...WITHOUT the face paint. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:2009_December_norn_01.jpg
    ...and guys get much better tattoo designs than the ladies. :( I wish male and female norns has the same tattoo options (with, perhaps, minor differences for the tattoos that cover the chest region, for obvious reasons...)

    So, yes. More tattoo options - that cover a lot of the body but NOT the face - would be amazing.

    This 1000x

    An option for tattooed bodies to have either a tattooed face or not, even mixing them!
    Maybe I want a red face paint AND Sleeves???

  • Fraghound.5730Fraghound.5730 Member ✭✭✭

    Speaking of long hair for Asura - I would love a hair style based off of Macha's from the Sea of Sorrow's book.
    From the wiki: She was described as having a thickly braided loop of leather on the top of her head that held back orange, green, blue, and pink-dyed braids that went down her back and over her shoulder.

    Highly doubt so many color options would ever be available but the style itself has always sounded so nice to me.
    (I would also love to have the longest female norn braid option for asura too but I can only dream that. xD )

  • Haco.1546Haco.1546 Member ✭✭

    We really need it, mostly more body options. Personally I would like more options of faces and hair for humans and I REALLY need some hair from the Asuras can be used in humans.

  • Musaroxy.2874Musaroxy.2874 Member ✭✭✭

    Despite the update for Humans with PoF, and Charr with LW4 EP2, the last face update for all races was a 3 years ago, and the last hair update was 2 years ago. Definitely a long overdue update for Norn, Sylvari, and Asura! I'd love to see some of the styles people came up with back on the old Race sub-categories on the old forums, or similar ones, come into the game.

    "You know what they say: Curiosity pruned the Sylvari."

  • Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2018

    Braided hairstyles for Norn plz!!! The existing humans would do!
    And antler inspired horns for charr!!)

  • Musaroxy.2874Musaroxy.2874 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2018

    @Frostfang.5109 said:
    Braided hairstyles for Norn plz!!! The existing humans would do!
    And antler inspired horns for charr!!)

    I'm not sure if you have a specific braided hairstyle in mind, but female Norn have three variations of Jora's braid from GW1 (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Exclusive_norn). Two of which are longer. As for Charr horns, with the LW4 Episode 2 update, Charr were given multiple new horn options, two of which are very antler/ram horn inspired (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Charr).

    "You know what they say: Curiosity pruned the Sylvari."

  • Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭

    @Musaroxy.2874 said:

    @Frostfang.5109 said:
    Braided hairstyles for Norn plz!!! The existing humans would do!
    And antler inspired horns for charr!!)

    I'm not sure if you have a specific braided hairstyle in mind, but female Norn have three variations of Jora's braid from GW1 (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Exclusive_norn). Two of which are longer. As for Charr horns, with the LW4 Episode 2 update, Charr were given multiple new horn options, two of which are very antler/ram horn inspired (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Charr).

    I'm thinking afro-braided, like the New Elonian human hairstyles.

    And for charr horns i'm wishing for deer-antler like...

  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    @Fraghound.5730 said:
    Speaking of long hair for Asura - I would love a hair style based off of Macha's from the Sea of Sorrow's book.
    From the wiki: She was described as having a thickly braided loop of leather on the top of her head that held back orange, green, blue, and pink-dyed braids that went down her back and over her shoulder.

    Highly doubt so many color options would ever be available but the style itself has always sounded so nice to me.
    (I would also love to have the longest female norn braid option for asura too but I can only dream that. xD )

    That sounds like it could be amazing brought ti life

  • the asura female hairstyles are really far out there. some were asymmetrically ugly. others had excessive accessories like the beehive one with the bow and hairpin and the leia styled one. the shaved sided ones were extremely ugly and ruined the long hair styled one. imo- only the french braided and high set pigtails, the long ponytail with frontal pigtails, the high set ponytail with the bow, leia styled one, and the chun-li styled with the 2 top buns were descent

  • Hamfast.8719Hamfast.8719 Member ✭✭✭

    More body and face options for an OLDER look.
    Also more fur colors and skin shades (as I mentioned in another post. There's a several-shades gap between Human skin tones "Light 6" and "Mid 1".

    Build someone a fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set someone on fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of their life.
    - Unknown Fire Elementalist

  • Torzini.1523Torzini.1523 Member ✭✭✭

    I reiterate what I said in another thread:

    Charr desperately need new hairstyles that don't look like a clown fiesta and a natural disaster had a baby. Seriously.

    Other non-human races could use some love, as well.

  • rdfaye.4368rdfaye.4368 Member ✭✭✭

    @Musaroxy.2874 said:
    I'm not sure if you have a specific braided hairstyle in mind, but female Norn have three variations of Jora's braid from GW1 (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Exclusive_norn). Two of which are longer. As for Charr horns, with the LW4 Episode 2 update, Charr were given multiple new horn options, two of which are very antler/ram horn inspired (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Charr).

    Yes, I love this, but without the bangs please. I hate those bangs hanging down I her face. Please make a lovely long braid with all the hair pulled back into it. Please!

  • What do you think about that:
    I'd love if some “awakened“ or “lil bit corrupted“ (like corporal kellach before he fully turned undead) skintones or faces were added to the total makeover kit.
    Just the addition of the eyes from the wraith mask as an eye color would be great.

    Who needs a full awakened race if you could just rp-walk to vabbi or orr and get your commander corrupted by the one and only king of undead palawa - or the other one in arah ;)

    I'd love a more sepulchral look on my necro ^_^

  • @ZerotheFang.5890 said:
    really want more norn tattos but more just leg, arm, back options without face ones.

    Same here big time! It really stinks that I can't even use my favorite tattoo on Norn because Eir is known by it. :\ I'd love more options in that department please.

  • Genesis.8572Genesis.8572 Member ✭✭✭

    More realistic human male hair options and facial hair varieties would be nice. Less "anime" and "edge lord" hair styles.

  • Other races tattoos please, especially on human. Think about the RP side where other races learn and adapt to norn culture and have tattoos as their prove (or they actually just want a tattoo). For me personally, i like a non symetrical tattoo (e.g. left arm got sleeved tattoo and the other arm got a minimalistic one etc.)

  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ydeirt.3905 said:
    Other races tattoos please, especially on human. Think about the RP side where other races learn and adapt to norn culture and have tattoos as their prove (or they actually just want a tattoo). For me personally, i like a non symetrical tattoo (e.g. left arm got sleeved tattoo and the other arm got a minimalistic one etc.)

    I completely agree with this.
    Give actual racial tattoos, not norn tattoo's on humans, or vice versa.

  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    @Genesis.8572 said:
    More realistic human male hair options and facial hair varieties would be nice. Less "anime" and "edge lord" hair styles.

    @Genesis.8572 said:
    More realistic human male hair options and facial hair varieties would be nice. Less "anime" and "edge lord" hair styles.

    You have nailed it with this.
    I want more braids, jewel accessories(even for male hairstyles), long hair for human male and female, asura and sylvari as well.

    No more anime/ edgelord silly clownish hairstyles or mustache/ beard options.

  • My saltiness about this comes from the fact that I made a second twilight to sell to get enough gold to buy the permanent hair kit. Since then there has only been 2 updates with hair styles all the while some human chicka in LA has a hairstyle she said was available when the kits were bugged that no one else has. That was a long time ago. So .. there other hairstyles they have and arent releasing = me being salty.

    Rant over.

    When life knocks you down ... Rollover and look at the Stars

  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    @Purgatori.3645 said:
    My saltiness about this comes from the fact that I made a second twilight to sell to get enough gold to buy the permanent hair kit. Since then there has only been 2 updates with hair styles all the while some human chicka in LA has a hairstyle she said was available when the kits were bugged that no one else has. That was a long time ago. So .. there other hairstyles they have and arent releasing = me being salty.

    Rant over.

    I completely understand that! I remember the hairstyles, they looked under-developed but still it was something that we didn't have. I just hope Anet is listening about that we want New & GOOD character customizations from now on. No more silly, kitten, anime, stiff, or shared hairstyles.

    We want good beards & Long hair, Tattoos & alot of things that can & should be added, not a new glider skin. We have mounts. No real need for glider skins unless you really want to show off something sparkly when you hit an updraft....

    No more NPC locked armors/ Hairstyles. What's the point? NPc's get to have things that players don't? There is no point.

  • Swing.6439Swing.6439 Member ✭✭✭

    Still really hoping for long hair on sylvari. I'll say it every time I see one of these. Asura, too. Not some obnoxious over the top thing that gives you the a forehead you could land a plane on.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.