@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I liked Kourna and it felt pretty finished to me. On the other hand, I disliked Istan as it felt pretty unfinished.

It doesn't matter what you feel. Anet admitted kourna was releas in unfinished state.

Source? Everything from their AMA and one of the videos only mentioned cut content which is not the same as “unfinished”. Every content has stuff that was cut during its development cycle.

Hopefully the new episode will be more completed than Istan was.

lol that's golden, they cut gandara entirely cause it was unfinished, meta is unfinished, bonties are basically copy pasted from crystal oasis, I find it unbelievable you try to defend this

For Istan the bounties are also copy and pasted. For Istan there’s an area with snake statues that was cut along with another field-like area. Fahranur was also pretty underwhelming and a missed opportunity as there was so much that could have been done with the final release.

I just hope that the new map doesn’t experience the same things and is more finished.

You are correct. They shouldn't make such poor patches. Like Istan. Or Kourna. Thank you for agreeing with me.

I didn’t agree with you about Kourna.

You can't agree on one map and not agree on another which does the same and was officially confirmed as unfinished :)

It wasn’t officially confirmed as unfinished. Kourna felt more complete than Istan and I’m hoping the new map that we will get next week will be along that level.

• segman.3560segman.3560 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I liked Kourna and it felt pretty finished to me. On the other hand, I disliked Istan as it felt pretty unfinished.

It doesn't matter what you feel. Anet admitted kourna was releas in unfinished state.

Source? Everything from their AMA and one of the videos only mentioned cut content which is not the same as “unfinished”. Every content has stuff that was cut during its development cycle.

lol that's golden, they cut gandara entirely cause it was unfinished, meta is unfinished, bonties are basically copy pasted from crystal oasis, I find it unbelievable you try to defend this

For Istan the bounties are also copy and pasted. For Istan there’s an area with snake statues that was cut along with another field-like area. Fahranur was also pretty underwhelming and a missed opportunity as there was so much that could have been done with the final release.

I just hope that the new map doesn’t experience the same things and is more finished.

You are correct. They shouldn't make such poor patches. Like Istan. Or Kourna. Thank you for agreeing with me.

You can't agree on one map and not agree on another which does the same and was officially confirmed as unfinished :)

It wasn’t officially confirmed as unfinished. Kourna felt more complete than Istan and I’m hoping the new map that we will get next week will be along that level.

oh my xD

I hope episode 4 won't be made to your tastes then, so I can enjoy it at least a bit.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018

I'm so impatient look neat!! Branded awakened! Red scuffy = Inquest? or maybe not, the hero encourage him, so, gorrik? Gorrik and blish still there sound like a great episode just like episode 2 (ABITS)! I wait a lot from that episode, very Intrigued with the Sun's Refuge. Also cool screenshots folder!

+++Sandswept Isles: Advisory K-4: Don't be misled; with some effort, a charr CAN fit inside an asura-sized Inquest uniform.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@segman.3560 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

oh my xD

I hope episode 4 won't be made to your tastes then, so I can enjoy it at least a bit.

Ditto

The new legendary does look interesting with what I can assume is a green aura. I could also see myself using that plated heavy armor.

• Fremtid.3528Fremtid.3528 Member ✭✭✭

Boo! Scepter. That means longbow will be one of the very very last things released.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:
    I hope this actually releases on the 18th and hasn't been pushed back.

It will release on the 18th. :)

And for clarity: We gave the press early access to the video, at 6:00 AM this morning, along with permission to share it. None of our press partners broke embargo and what I've seen published was within our expressed guidelines, which we appreciate very much.

Very glad to see the next episode to be released so early. I have to say though that the last trailer was way more hype and excitement and i thought ut was a bit a bummer to not see the legy or the armor set etc. But i am reaöly looking forward to it.

• I hope that armor is the basic version. The heavy looks like the Helya armor Envoy from guild wars 1 almost. I’ve always wanted that armor in game so I hope the helmet gets a few more horns like hers! The other two are kind of meh to me but we shall see.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fremtid.3528 said:
    Boo! Scepter. That means longbow will be one of the very very last things released.

Im kinda happy about this as im not ready for it yet 😂

• miraude.2107miraude.2107 Member ✭✭✭

I don't get the people that want trailers to tell us everything. I freaking hate that when movies do it, I don't want my games to do it too. This snippets that the trailer did give us already has me interested. I honestly got frustrated that being Aurene's scion was a sub-plot thing. We've really done little to nothing with her. It's about time we do.

The only thing that has be a bit worried is the upgradable armor. I'd like more info on that as I've slowly been getting interested in doing more content and do not like the idea of having a WoW gear system where my gear becomes total kitten each release. Not looking forward to that at all. Now if this armor is similar to heirlooms that scale with you as you level to make leveling easier? I wouldn't mind that.

I'm curious about the new Mastery as well. I've used the other one (share health with mount) quite a few times so to me it's useful, so I wonder how this one will work out.

• Aside from a new map and a story episode, is there anything else we should expect in the upcoming release?

• I'm calling it. Aurene starts to speak in this.

I'm also hoping that the refuge gets updates from the current events team constantly.

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

i hope the armor will work like the adaptable armor of SWTOR, add upgrades and mold it to your own will.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@trixantea.1230 said:
    Aside from a new map and a story episode, is there anything else we should expect in the upcoming release?

Hi. If you view the trailer, at the very end there's an "end slate" that shows what's coming. It's more than you listed, for sure!

Thank you Gaile. I didn't read everything :P

• @trixantea.1230 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@trixantea.1230 said:
    Aside from a new map and a story episode, is there anything else we should expect in the upcoming release?

Hi. If you view the trailer, at the very end there's an "end slate" that shows what's coming. It's more than you listed, for sure!

Thank you Gaile. I didn't read everything :P

No worries. I like the fact there's a list, but it's could be sort of easy to miss, since it comes later in the video.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• @Fenom.9457 said:
    Looks very amazing! And to all you people complaining it didn’t show enough, there are also tons of screenshots

Oh yes, good point. A full asset kit of screenshots can be found linked in the blog post!

Gaile Gray

• The actual content to be released may very well be good, but I think it's fine to express an opinion of finding the trailer underwhelming if you found it underwhelming.

• The trailer wasn’t exciting for sure but I’m still glad we got one. I am loving all the breakdowns though. The multiple kind of bullet points with links to screenshots and pictures. I hope they keep some aspects of this format for future releases. The new raid wing looks like it will be stunning! I’m just hoping there isn’t a 250 mystic coin entry fee!

• This completely made my week! Super excited, can't wait to experience it.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@CeNedro.7560 said:
    Time to farm another 40k volatile magic ^.^

40? For the boosts I am guessing?

I go in with 11 (which I already have). Ten for the node and 1 for the scroll. I only buy the boosts after I get a look at the map and decide if I will be there enough to make it worthwhile.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• @Kal Spiro.9745 said:
    If you'd like a Spoiler, here's one. Aurene is using Griffon idle animation, which to me suggests we're finally going to ride her.

Oh hell no! I hate Aurene. I don't wanna see her ugly mug on every kitten turn no matter which map i'm on :/

• Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully the medium armor set has a proper split this time.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:
    I hope this actually releases on the 18th and hasn't been pushed back.

It will release on the 18th. :)

And be properly playable on the 19th. :P

• edited September 12, 2018

@Frenzify.6832 said:
    The actual content to be released may very well be good, but I think it's fine to express an opinion of finding the trailer underwhelming if you found it underwhelming.

Absolutely ok, yes!

@Tails.9372 said:
    And be properly playable on the 19th. :P

Oh, what am I going to do with you!? ;)

Gaile Gray

• The upgradeable armour sounds interesting - is this already a thing or new concept?

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@miraude.2107 said:
    I don't get the people that want trailers to tell us everything. I freaking hate that when movies do it, I don't want my games to do it too. This snippets that the trailer did give us already has me interested. I honestly got frustrated that being Aurene's scion was a sub-plot thing. We've really done little to nothing with her. It's about time we do.

The only thing that has be a bit worried is the upgradable armor. I'd like more info on that as I've slowly been getting interested in doing more content and do not like the idea of having a WoW gear system where my gear becomes total kitten each release. Not looking forward to that at all. Now if this armor is similar to heirlooms that scale with you as you level to make leveling easier? I wouldn't mind that.

I'm curious about the new Mastery as well. I've used the other one (share health with mount) quite a few times so to me it's useful, so I wonder how this one will work out.

I want to see SOME things in a trailer but yeah, not everything. Finding the balance is a bit tricky though.

I am a bit concerned about the armor too. According to the blog the collection starts after the story so hopefully it does not become OP to have it since not everyone completes every chapter.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭

Bug in the system was the best trailer. The whole thing, the bit of humour turning dark with the re make of fear not this night really made me excited for it. I watched this trailer thinking meh really.
    But I love Aurene and gutted the leggie wasn't a bow. :/

• Red Haired Savage.5430Red Haired Savage.5430 Member ✭✭✭✭

@miraude.2107 said:

I'm guessing that the upgradable armor means it'll be like WvW armor there are 3 tiers of wvw armor lvl 1 is from reward trek, lvl 2 is from vendor after lvl 1 has been done, lvl 3 unlocks with having lvl 2 done and having the proper rank. As far as how it'll upgrade I'd assume we'll be given rare armor upgrade it to exotic then finally upgrade it to ascended. That way they can introduce 9 new armor skins without having to do a ton of work.

#nornmodeisbestmode

@Dami.5046 said:
    Bug in the system was the best trailer. The whole thing, the bit of humour turning dark with the re make of fear not this night really made me excited for it. I watched this trailer thinking meh really.
    But I love Aurene and gutted the leggie wasn't a bow. :/

Agreed with you Dami, the "A bug in the system" trailer was clear and efficient giving me shivers but also making me curious about the map, also you find all the things you saw in the trailer story step after story step which is great. Really felt like the place is twisted/invaded, here in the last trailer I only feel like "Meh another branded maps with crystals.."

+++Sandswept Isles: Advisory K-4: Don't be misled; with some effort, a charr CAN fit inside an asura-sized Inquest uniform.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:
    If you'd like a Spoiler, here's one. Aurene is using Griffon idle animation, which to me suggests we're finally going to ride her.

She's been using griffon animations ever since her new model was introduced at the start of the season. I think it is because she uses the same model as the griffon and I'm really hoping we do get to ride her eventually (in a story instance), but that's not a new development.

@miraude.2107 said:

I just assumed it was either a purely cosmetic upgrade or like the upgradable items we've got now, like Mawdrey where it starts off as exotic with fixed stats and can be upgraded to ascended infused with selectable stats.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone downloaded the images from the blog? I wanted to peek but it was a zip file and I had no idea what software to tell Windows to use to open it (my guess of Media Player was a failure). I'd love to see more screenshots.

use winrar, free and efficient to open archives! ;) or 7zip

@Donari.5237 said:
    Has anyone downloaded the images from the blog? I wanted to peek but it was a zip file and I had no idea what software to tell Windows to use to open it (my guess of Media Player was a failure). I'd love to see more screenshots.

I usually use 7-zip to uncompress zip files, in windows though you should be able to right click and uncompress the file.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028088/windows-zip-and-unzip-files

#nornmodeisbestmode

edited September 13, 2018

Looks like that shatterer has a cousin. I'm guessing the green is like when the destroyers had zaitan's magic?

#nornmodeisbestmode

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.