Home › Professions › Warrior
Warrior update bucket list (12/2018)
- (Primal Burst) Arc Divider: Revert the cast time nerf; Change the cast time to half second.
Why: Compare this to holographic shock wave. will also launch you, crit 100% of the time, and has a 600 range. compared to arc divider's 450 range. Also holosmiths can enter photon forge with less restriction than berserk mode. Apples to oranges, but this skill really needs the nerf reverted as it's no longer considered 'op".
- (Primal Burst) Rupturing Smash: Change the AOE to a full circle instead of a quarter circle.
Why: The unusual hit box makes this awkward to lead hits with its 3/4 second cast time. Giving it a full AOE circle will make this more usable.
- (Burst) Combustive Shot / Scorched Earth: Make it so when this doesn't hit an enemy, it doesn't proc adrenaline traits.
- (Bow 1) Dual Shot: Increase projectile speed.
Why: You shouldn't be given adrenaline use benefits if the bow burst doesn't hit a target. Keeps it in line with other burst abilities.
- (Burst) Kill Shot: Allow movement
- (Rifle 1) Fierce Shot: Divide the damage across 3 shots, change it to a 3 round burst. Gain bonus adrenaline if all 3 rounds hit your target. remove bonus adrenaline when striking vulnerable targets.
- (Rifle 2) Aimed shot: Make this a damage a small aoe around your target, reduce vulnerability stacks.
- (Rifle 4) Brutal Shot: Reduce cast time to a quarter second, give this skill animation priority instead of queuing behind current active skills.
Why: Rifle's kill shot is supposed to be a hard hitting high risk skill. The power creep over this game made it so other attacks are capable of dealing the same damage with less risk. Rifle also suffers from poor adrenaline gain because it's mostly a single target hitting weapon (with exception of rifle 3 piercing multiple targets). Making rifle 1 a multi hit attack and rifle 2 an attack to strike multiple enemies will give rifle more options on adrenaline gain. Rifle 4's dodge is just too slow to use reactively.
- (Primal Burst) Decapitate: Reduce cast time to half a second, reduce aftercast. Remove the might gain, and fire the shockwave effect even if the axe doesn't hit a target.
Why: Eviscerate is a better burst attack, the shock wave is a gimmick and awkward to hit other targets out of position. Even skull grinder is better than this.
- (Primal Burst) Skull Grinder: Undo the splits and normalize it to the PVE specifications.
- (Burst) Skill Crack: Add a small 300 distance lunge prior to striking, like berserker's skull grinder
- (Mace 2) Counterblow: Make this skill have animation priority over other skills instead of queuing behind so this can be used reactively instead of predictively
- (Mace 3) Pommel Bash: Give this 2 charges. Increase cooldown.
- (Mace 5) Tremor: Make this ground targeted
Why: General usability update for mace. The small lunge for skull crack will reduce misfires, animation priority for counterblow allows it to be used reactively, ground targeting for tremor allows players to lead shots because this projectile travels too slow to be reliable. Mace 3 Pommel bash changed to match how effective disrupting stab (dagger 3) is.
- (Burst) Flurry: Allow movement while casting. Remove the immobilize, reduce number of hits to 3 / reduce cast time, increase damage / condition per hit to compensate.
- (Sword 5) Riposte: Make this skill have animation priority over other skills instead of queuing behind so this can be used reactively instead of predictively
Why: Self rooting yourself to root a target is not a good tradeoff because your target can cleanse the condition and you'd be a sitting duck out of a burst attack. Sword 5 change for same reason as mace 2.
- No changes at this time
Why: Has functional and distinctive utility.
Shield / Warhorn / Torch (berserker)
- No changes at this time
Why: Has functional and distinctive utility.
- To the Limit: Add a voice line. remove adrenaline gain, halve the healing/endurance and give 2 charges.
Why: giving to the limit 2 charges will be benefitial for shout builds.
- Frenzy: Rework this. Make it so burst attacks don't use up adrenaline and burst recharge is halved while this stance is active. Pulse alacrity and quickness. Does not break stuns or grant might. 45s cd, 6s stance duration.
- Fear Me: Give this 2 charges, reduce + normalize fear duration.
- Outrage: Change it so this uses the charge/ammunition mechanic, increase cooldown.
- Wild Blow: Increase the launch to 900, increase damage by a lot.
- Sundering Leap: Change it from vulnerability and cripple to torment and burning. Reduce cast time to half a second.
- Sight beyond Sight (Spellbreaker): Change it so you gain an effect that allows you to see stealthed targets instead of revealing them for a short period of time, increase damage to stealthed enemies. Enemies you strike during this period are applied disenchantment for a second.
- Imminent Threat (Spellbreaker): Give it 2 charges, reduce taunt duration. Apply Disenchantment for 5 seconds.
Why: Will take time to evaluate the changes made to the other utility skills to see if more updates are necessary, but the change to frenzy was largely underwhelming. Low uptime, and doesn't contribute damage itself makes this a low priority skill. Having a burst themed stance will give this some identity. Wild Blow doesn't appear to have much utility other than it's gimmick. Fear me and imminent threat will be more usable with charges, sight beyond sights is useless due to the amount of blindness and stealth that is thrown around (designed to counter stealth yet there's ingame mechanics countering this skill)
- Battle Standard: Remove the pulsing might/fury/swiftness. Pulse healing in the area, have the compassionate banner trait increase the heal amount.
- Signet of Rage: Rework this. Passive: fill adrenaline and refresh burst when you kill an enemy. Active: Prime your next burst attack to deal double damage/double condition damage (10 seconds before expiration)
Why: The banner and signet updates neglected elite skills. Battle standard and signet of rage have been made obsolete over time due to power creep.
- Brave Stride:: Rework this. Successfully landing a burst attack grants stability.
- Merciless Hammer: Increase damage bonus to 50% and cause a aoe blast finisher when you inflict a control effect with a hammer with a short cooldown, have the bonus daamge affect any attacks that apply and control effect rather than have the effect apply on enemies that are controlled.
Why: Brave stride is useless once you enter battle, Merciless hammer weak compared to MMR and Berserker's power, window of opportunity too limited for the benefit.
- Opportunist: Rework this. Gain increased critical hit chance for a short time after landing a burst skill.
- Unsuspecting Foe: Rework this. Attacks that inflict disable effects have an increased critical hit chance and deal increased critical damage.
- Dual Wielding: Rework this. Wielding a weapon in your offhand that's the same as your mainhand halves burst cooldown and adrenaline used on burst.
Why: No one uses opportunist, window of opportunity too small for unsuspecting foe, dual wielding conflicts with quickness.
- Sundering Mace: Rework this. Your mace attacks are uninterruptable. Deal bonus damage if your target has stability. Reduce incoming damage from foes 600 units away from you while wielding a mace. Reduce cooldown on mace skills.
- Last Stand: Change it so this only activates and go on cooldown when you don't have stability already
Why: This trait is in a very poor position (vs defy pain and Armored attack). Too specialized, little benefit. This needs to provide more benefit to a mace user than a mace user with defy pain selected.
- Leg Specialist: Cripples and immobilizes you apply have longer duration. Inflict immobilize when you cripple a foe, inflict cripple if you land a critical strike. (mutually exclusive)
- Shrug it Off: Increase condition removal count or update tooltip.
Why: No one uses leg specialist, shrug it off has either an incorrect tooltip or it's using an outdated shake it off.
- Crack Shot: Rework this. GIves rifle 2 Aimed shot 3 charges, reduce cooldown on rifle skills.
- Vengeful Return. Rework this. Deal more damage when your health is low, even more damage while in vengeance. Gain 100% chance to rally when you sucessfully kill while in vengeance.
Why: Reworked rifle to gain adrenaline more easily without need for trait, vengeful return too specialized.
- General: Make it so after activating berserk mode, primal bursts are no longer limited by both adrenaline and cooldown, instead, limit it with only a cooldown. Keep berserk mode's cooldown and 3 bar adrenaline cost. Make smash brawler baseline.
- Smash Brawler: Make current trait baseline, rework this. Critical hit chance and critical damage is increased against burning enemies.
Why: If primal bursts are going to be treated as level 1 bursts, smash brawler need to be made baseline because of warrior doesn't gain much after transforming besides hindering their own survivability with the adrenal health nerf.
- Last Blaze: in addition to its current effects, Primal burst attacks inflict burning. Can only occur once per interval per target for multi hit burst skills.
Why: Berserker being a condi oriented spec should have their primal bursts inflict more condi as a trait option. No such option exists.
- Savage Instinct: In addition to its current effects, primal bursts are now able to break stun.
Why: Current trait places too many restrictions to make this beneficial (effectively a stun break on a 30 second cooldown and it requires adrenaline to use). Need 3 bars of adrenaline to enter berserk mode, and limited by a cooldown with a subpar benefit. Making primal bursts capable of breaking stun will breathe new life into this trait.
- Dead or Alive: Rework this. You are now able to leave berserk mode to put it on cooldown early by pressing F1 while in berserk. Evade and gain super speed for 1 second when entering berserk mode, gain barrier and vigor when leaving berserk mode.
Why: Current dead or alive trait is ineffective due to the requirements of being in berserk mode. It's also a passive boring trait. Make this an active trait.
- Fatal Frenzy: Increase boon duration to 15 seconds
Why: Always angry is a better trait and has a lower tier. can't even do anything with 3 seconds of quickness.
- Eternal Champion: Rework this. You are no longer able to gain stability if you take this trait, but your primal bursts also become uninterruptible. Any incoming stability you gain is immediately converted to retaliation and resistance. Gain resistance + convert blind/weakness/cripple into fury/might/swiftness when you break a stun.
Why: This is to make a frontline berserker more viable in WvW while embracing the specialization's theme around breaking stun.
- Sun and Moon Style: Increase heal amount for offhand, change it so mainhand auto attack strips a boon.
- Full Counter: Make this skill have animation priority over other skills instead of queuing behind so this can be used reactively instead of predictively. Scale attacks based on the attack it countered.
Why: Unused trait, and to update usability of full counter so it can be used more reactively. Full counter damage too weak, a better idea would have been to scale it based on the attack it countered to make it less effective against aoe cleave and more effective against strong attacks.