[Bug] Storm Tracking Issues [Resolved]

I died several times as well but figured that in start I had to use raptor + the new mastery skill to be even faster. Just followed the arrows and didn't go sideways. When glowing orbs, orb to orb. When I went too far ahead I got a sort of wind that pushed me back and that disappeared when the map ahead opened up boundary wise. At gravity part I could also use a raptor, doesn't need a griffon here.

It's not a mechanics issue, or a waiting issue. It's clearly an instance boundary bug. I tried going as lightning quick as I could, tried waiting until the last possible moment, and tried going at a slower pace. Each time approaching or passing through the archway killed me. Only by hugging the right outside of the arch was I able to get through. Until ANet fixes it, it's a pathing issue.

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:I died a lot, too, until I focussed on running straight from magic orb to the next. That worked for me

It doesn't have anything to do with the orbs because it occurs before you can even get to the first one. If you try and run under the arch (where the first orb is) you die before you can even reach the orb. Its clear it isn't happening to everyone and based on my experience doing it many times last night with a friend, it is indeed somehow linked to where the dialogue is at when you run away from Blish. You die due to leaving the "playable area" and not anything else. That's not a guess, it tells you exactly that.

For anyone still trying to figure out how to get past this:

Once you've died (probably several times), when you start that part of the story again you start from the point where you're supposed to start running. At the very beginning turn right and run straight to the edge of the red death zone on your mini map (on your raptor) then face the direction you were supposed to run to begin with and run right down the red line (you'll be running on the left side of a row of pillars for reference) until you're well past that entire area. Once you get past that there should be no issues and you just have the usual obstacles to overcome. Me, a friend, and 3 other people that were talking about the issue in map chat all got past it this way with no trouble.

@miraude.2107 said:

@miraude.2107 said:I hated that part. I literally followed the little glowing orb with dragon wings and got killed repeatedly. It made no mention that when Blish starts talking I was supposed to STOP. Why they didn't do a simple binding spell to make it so we can't move for a few seconds so the narration can continue is a bit of an oversight. I finally got so fed up with it that I used the griffon to fly through the whole thing.

If that's true then that's poor story delivery. You have a character ordering you to RUN NOW and then you're supposed to stop? Definite pacing issue.

Not to mention the story thing in the top right hand corner is telling you to escape the Mists and an achievement counting down the time to escape. It's one of the reasons I switched to the gryphon, slow enough on land and completely negated the jumping puzzle. I think my frustration was because of training. HoT and PoF had events where if you were too slow, you failed (escaping with the egg, catching the devourer). To have another race against time that auto kills you because you moved too fast for the narration and the instance definitely needs its pacing checked. I would have had the achievement if it wasn't for being killed because I was following Glint's glowy ball too closely.

Seems it's a bug after all

@"Ashantara.8731" said:The arrow points me into the direction I need to take on my raptor in order to escape.

However, when I try to do so, I am always getting a warning that I am about to leave the map instance, then I am killed by leaving the map instance (even though it was where I am supposed to go!) and end up with "Retry from Checkpoint."

So, it is currently impossible to do complete this story mission. Please fix ASAP!

Exact same issue, I love getting stuck in an infinite loop of death.

Never mind, got through after just rushing through 10-15 times Seems like the key isn't staying through to the right it's rushing through once and dying while the dialogue is going then respawning fast enough the that window allocated to Blishes speech is still in effect which prevents you from immediately dying.

Hotfix is out:

• Players will no longer be defeated while trying to escape in the "Storm Tracking" story instance.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented party members from being revived after players hit specific checkpoints in the "Storm Tracking" story instance.
  • Players will now properly complete the "Storm Tracking" story instance after the final cinematic, even if they didn't finish the preceding comms conversation with Taimi.

@Tyger.1637 said:

@miraude.2107 said:I hated that part. I literally followed the little glowing orb with dragon wings and got killed repeatedly. It made no mention that when Blish starts talking I was supposed to STOP. Why they didn't do a simple binding spell to make it so we can't move for a few seconds so the narration can continue is a bit of an oversight. I finally got so fed up with it that I used the griffon to fly through the whole thing.

If that's true then that's poor story delivery. You have a character ordering you to RUN NOW and then you're supposed to stop? Definite pacing issue.

Not to mention the story thing in the top right hand corner is telling you to escape the Mists and an achievement counting down the time to escape. It's one of the reasons I switched to the gryphon, slow enough on land and completely negated the jumping puzzle. I think my frustration was because of training. HoT and PoF had events where if you were too slow, you failed (escaping with the egg, catching the devourer). To have another race against time that auto kills you because you moved too fast for the narration and the instance definitely needs its pacing checked. I would have had the achievement if it wasn't for being killed because I was following Glint's glowy ball too closely.

No one denied it was a bug. We were simply saying there was a workaround for the bug. It was pretty obviously a bug.

Tried once again tonight to play through storm tracking using all the so called theories on how to get around the buggy map and none of it works. By the way anet there is no way this part of the story didn't fail in the testing stage and yet you still released it. Another reason to not spend anymore money in the gem store or future expansion. MAKE THIS RIGHT ANET.

Storm tracking still bugged. No way to escape i even ran out of rocks to jump on and then the storm came to kill me. That was today 20-9-18 at 9.55 dutch time. So seems there is no fix on this one. I even dropped the game because of this bug. Ot is there another way to escape. I tried several time si even switched to my griffon to fly ahead of the storm but then i ran out of space because to escape that storm you have to go outbounce and thats not allowed. Great testiong on this part of the story guys or is it tersted, ?????

@Atticus.7194 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Seems like the key isn't staying through to the right it's rushing through once and dying while the dialogue is going then respawning fast enough the that window allocated to Blishes speech is still in effect which prevents you from immediately dying.

Didn't work for me, but I guess has been fixed now with the latest patch, so it doesn't really matter. ;)

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks,

I moved this thread to the Bugs subforum, where it would be most likely to be seen, and swapped [bug] for "glitch" to enable the team to see this more easily. I've also passed along a report to QA so that they can assess the situation. Thank you for your patience, and if you have any additional details about this situation, please do share them here.

I just did it and it works perfectly fine for me. I had to repeat multiple times because I was missing a few jumps at the end and I wanted the achievement. Quit your story chapter and activate it again. You're in the minority of people who still have an issue with it and I somewhat doubt it. Saw you complain in another thread 30 min ago

I ran into this one last night while playing the instance with friends.

Oddly enough I didn't happen on my solo playthrough the night before.We managed to get though it eventually although the constant deaths made us miss out on a lot of Blish's dialogue which really sucked as it was my friends first time in the instance.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Teratus.2859 said:I ran into this one last night while playing the instance with friends.

Oddly enough I didn't happen on my solo playthrough the night before.We managed to get though it eventually although the constant deaths made us miss out on a lot of Blish's dialogue which really sucked as it was my friends first time in the instance.

So you were able to complete this content previously, but now find you cannot do so? Can you tell me what time you and your friend made the attempt? Was it after the build we did last night at 5:30 PM Pacific Time? Thanks, Teratus.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I ran into this one last night while playing the instance with friends.

So you were able to complete this content previously, but now find you cannot do so? Can you tell me what time you and your friend made the attempt? Was it after the build we did last night at 5:30 PM Pacific Time? Thanks, Teratus.

Yeah my solo playthrough of the story was fine with exception to some DC when the patch first dropped, I played the story out without any further problems in one sitting till 5AM UTC+2 on patch day.

I haven't attempted the instance again since we played it last night, My friend was streaming for almost 6 hours starting from I believe around 8:00pm till 2:00am my time (UTC+2)That would have been between 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM PST I think.

The timeframe we encountered the bug was around 3 hours 31 minutes into the stream.. which would have been around 4:30 PM PST so an hour before the 5:30 PM patch if i'm working this out and remembering the time correctly.

(additionally)We were able to complete the instance despite the bug but not before we had thrown ourselves into a death wall a couple of times.This also caused Blish's initial dialogue to skip.