[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I noticed the visual clutter fix in the patch notes. That's an area that the game really need QoL improvements. A lot of time, your screen is just an absolute mess of effects that completely covers whatever you are fighting against. Some options that would further help with this would be:

• Option to not see effects from other friendlies except those that create a combo field, or combo finishers taking place on your field.
  • Option to not see damage numbers on screen.
  • Option to not see floating nametags with mouse over/looking.

As I see it, providing the player base with more options is never a bad thing.

I know the Novelties wardrobe section is something people have been asking for for a long time, and it's great, but has some flaws - for example, things that used to be able to be used at the same time are no longer after being added to the wardrobe. My suggestion would be to not destroy the item being added to the wardrobe, and/or create some kind of vendor or tab where you can recreate physical copies of those items as needed - something like the achievement skin menu (which admittedly is itself an old system rendered pointless by the new wardrobe system) would be good.

There's a thread in general discussion specifically about the Selfless/Friendship potions if anyone would like to brainstorm some more: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/55306/selfless-potion-as-novelty-warning-possibly-for-some

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Can we get the Birthday Blaster turned into a Novelty? It's a great item just inconvenient to use, but conversion to a novelty would allow it to be placed in the quick menu and easily accessible.It would be great, but the Birthday Blaster is soulbound to the character, while novelty are account based. It's not up to me to decide, but maybe it's not doable.

@Urud.4925 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Can we get the Birthday Blaster turned into a Novelty? It's a great item just inconvenient to use, but conversion to a novelty would allow it to be placed in the quick menu and easily accessible.It would be great, but the Birthday Blaster is soulbound to the character, while novelty are account based. It's not up to me to decide, but maybe it's not doable.

Well, the other items would really need to be made into a totally different item with the same effects, like the potions. It's totally doable! No idea why they are soulbound either. Not like that couldn't change anyway.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

Well, the other items would really need to be made into a totally different item with the same effects, like the potions. It's
totally
doable! No idea why they are soulbound either. Not like that couldn't change anyway.

Same reason we have a million Queen Jennas. Legacy system. Although it would be nice to have a soulbound novelties tab for things like that.

Recent updates have highlighted some other ideas:

(For simplicity, all mention of potions here refers to the cosmetic novelty potions.)

1. Potions need their own category in the Novelties wardrobe, for thematic reasons if nothing else.

2. In the Novelty screen where you select the item for each novelty slot, can you add a 'random' option. I have a bunch of kites unlocked. It would be nice for a random one to pop out whenever I press the button I've linked to the kite novelty slot.

3. Some consistency amongst cosmetic potions, or transformations in general, would be awesome. Many have different buttons for deactivating the transformation; often it's 6 but sometimes it's 1 and with the watchknight it's weapon swap. Can all transforms (except watchknight) have the same button, such as 0, to exit the transformation?

4. Consistency amongst potion durations would be great too. Many are 15 minutes, some are 5, others.. who knows? Can all non-endless ones be standardised to some interval, say 15 minutes, and all endless one just last until they're disabled? After all, they're endless.

5. Someone mention somewhere that their potions, like halo, disappear after waypointing or being downed. With the not-so-recent update to make travel toys re-appear after combat ends, if they were active before, could transformations be upgraded to re-activate after waypointing?

6. Allow gliders to be visible when gliding while transformed, and provide an option to toggle this feature.

7. When transforming into a tree or furniture, can our names be automatically hidden, provided the 'always display my name' option is unticked? It would be awesome for games of hide and seek.

8. In my dreams, I wish that turning into a tree or furniture would have enemies ignore you, provided they didn't see you transform, but I know the reasons why that can never happen so I won't ask. Although it would be enormously cool. I'm imagining animal enemies being fooled by something like a couch, but smarter enemies wondering, "Hey.. wait a minute. That couch doesn't belong in the middle of the desert!"

9. Also in my dreams, I wish more transforms were useable in real combat.

I was directed here from a support ticket due to an issue I had. I believe that "crafting components" should be with "crafting components" and not a part of "refinement". ;)

In short, dowels and patches shouldn't be a part of the "refinement" tab. It's caused me to accidentally craft worthless dowels while trying to refine my materials and cost me gold. It's an annoyance to have to carefully make sure I don't click any dowels or patches by mistake. Maybe you could have another way to sort/include/exclude items of a players choice in the crafting window? That sounds like more work to me, though. I really just want "refinement" to be all the materials I can store in my materials slot. Dowels and patches are the odd ones out here.

Races (and content akin to that) on much faster timers would be a very welcome QoL change. You are currently making players wait to get into the action. It's super boring, there's nothing to do but wait without any indication as to when that action starts. Why? For what purpose? In my opinion it's somewhat bad game design.

Also, could attacks that spreads between enemies stop attacking non-hostile (yellow) enemies causing them to attack? It's really annoying when using, e.g., Precision Strike or Unrelenting Assault on Revenant, where you get little control over what is attacked and there happens to be a Boar or Rock Gazelle nearby that gets hit and starts attacking together with your other hostile target(s).

Please assign a small monetary value (like 1cp) to the miniatures awarded from Spearmarshal's Plea (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spearmarshal%27s_Plea) so I can sell them at a vendor as a quick way to delete them. Many of the miniatures have zero value on the TP and the only way to delete them is to type in "Mini Sunspear XXXXX" every time I need to purge one from my inventory.

@"juno.1840" said:Please assign a small monetary value (like 1cp) to the miniatures awarded from Spearmarshal's Plea (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spearmarshal%27s_Plea) so I can sell them at a vendor as a quick way to delete them. Many of the miniatures have zero value on the TP and the only way to delete them is to type in "Mini Sunspear XXXXX" every time I need to purge one from my inventory.

Oh yes, I'm offloading mine to others so they don't waste time with wishes. Otherwise I'll be loading on my keyrunner when they get remade (as a workaround to deleting). OR changing the rairty and being able to forge them (they are seriously not exotic at this point).

@Tyger.1637 said:Would it be possible to add XP and Karma enrichments to the LW3 zones? Or at least refine the old systems to match the dual-XP-Karma boosts that come with each LW4 map so far.

Another addition to this previous suggestion; adding a hallmark to the level of map enrichments for LW3 & 4 so at-a-glnce you can see what level you have.

Maybe it's just me, but...

...could we have some kind of double confirmation (Are you sure you want to delete "something" - yes - yes ) for deleting an item instead of writing down the full name? I've recently bought medium and light aetherblade armor skins from Statuettes merchant and because I had no intention of actually wearing them (yes, I've bought them just to add them to my collection, dont judge me :P ) I had to get rid of them. 12 times "Aetherblade Medium/Light something"....imagine that ;)

• Like 1

Trading Post QoL Idea:It would be good if we could see our existing sale prices when we look at an already listed item.For example sometimes I list rare items to tp but I don't know if I'm undercutting myself or not.I'll show a quick example with a picture I've made with photoshop:

tpex1kiez.jpg

In this example I already have a listed item for 15s 91c and it's highlighted with green color. And now I'm listing the same item again but I knowI've listed it before so I click the green price and list this for that price as well. So I don't need to undercut prices further or double check by going tomy listed items.This can save items from unnecessary price drops.

Re: skins

Currently, if you buy a skin, you get the skin as an item that takes up a storage slot with a one-time use. Instead:

• If account-bound skin: the skin automatically unlocks and gives you one free transmutation charge. There is no item to store.
  • If the skin can be traded: you should need to right click on the item to unlock -- the skin unlocks and gives you one free transmutation charge. By unlocking the skin, the item disappears and there is nothing to store.
  • The only time you get the one free transmutation charge is when the item is first unlocked on your account. If you acquire multiple copies of the same skin, there are no further free transmutes.

I love that you added more books to collection in LWS4 Ep4, I really do. However, as someone with OCD who is a bit of a hoarder we really need some place to store all these items. I just found a nice bookshelf in Sun's Refuge with all these books. Thank you. :)

Perhaps now maybe a place to store all the other books we've collected?

I know it's been mentioned before, and I know i'm not the only one who would greatly appreciate it.

Also, the ability to contain all converters within an item as well, and teleport scrolls/tomes.

Could those who have obtained the Mystic Chromatic Ooze while crafting Juggernaut please have an option to turn it into an Infusion so we don't have to re-apply it every 5 minutes. That'd be a huge QoL improvement for the item. Make it so that you must have actually crafted and bound Juggernaut for it to be possible to trade it in for an Infusion and have it require a +9 stats Infusion to become one?

VG9KDlK.jpg

For thief - Prevent Stealth attacks from autoattacking after using a different skill but keep autoattacks enabled if they are. Eliminates having to weapon swap/spam ESC button or dodges.

fix shadow trap to where it actually WORKS 100% of the time and allow it to ignore LoS. Add a counter icon to it like Mesmer's portal Entre.

Have not gotten over all suggestions and might be stated before, but would have a look tomorrow as I am nearly feeling the Joko's lure in my tired body.

Implementing a tablet like item or option, connected with the wiki inside the game. A portable wiki tablet within the game, which would save up time browsing the website, without tabbing the game out. I don't remember which game, but seen similar functions before and think this might be useful in terms of time saving, encouraging people to play more (than to actually afk) due to the faster search system.

The one thing I genuinely want is an option for concise skill descriptions like in GW1, except in GW2 they should show base skill power and how much is coming in from stats. Having to constantly go to the wiki to see if a skill or trait scales at all is painful and unnecessary.

EDIT: Oh, right, and the option to disable ability queueing.

If you use any sort of portal device or book from a shared inventory slot, upon arrival, if you open your inventory, the shared bag should be collapsed if (assuming you are in 'show individual bags' mode, I suppose).

This actually works for some items, or maybe just 'sometimes', but not all items. An item it doesn't work for, that stands out, is the [spearmarshal's Plea]. An example of one that 'works' is probably the [Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey].