[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Would be nice to maybe scrap all the items and scrolls and books and go with a full on UI for teleportations you learn. We could get a scroll when we learn it, but then it unlocks the teleport in the UI, and the item can be scrapped at that point.

Maybe just hijack the UI for the LFG tool? Each category of thing could be the top category (like a Living World episode, or 'Passkeys', and possibly 'Other' for odds and ends like Spearmarshal's Plea). Each item under a category would be the port itself, and you click a 'go' button and/or double click to go. Maybe a 'right click' with a context menu that has options of 'Go' and 'Show Me' (which would show you where in the world the thing was going to take you).

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:I'm sure this has been mentioned once or twice or a hundred times, but please PLEASE kill repeatable hearts. Make them one and done. It's so tedious to do them every time you want to buy something from the vendor. We didn't have them in central Tyria and I don't see what they add to PoF other than frustration and boredom.

They have daily rewards that allows you to purchase map currency on each of your characters that does the heart, I can understand why they need to be repeated for that single reason.

Can we please have a bookshelf or three added to the home instance now that you have shown that you can create a bookshelf system with Sun's Refuge? There's some of us that would love to populate our own little library in the home instance with the various books we've picked up over the years, who's now running low on space because there are no place to put them. Please?

Edit - as I reread this, it seems like stream of thought writing, I apologize and will try to organize it better later.

I would really love to see an update to the LFG tool. Specifically, I think it would be useful to have toggle settings to indicate what type of content you are available for so that you get a chat notification when someone posts a group that fits with something you are looking to and are open to do. This could also help with some of the confusion over group posting descriptions, if there were also some general checks you could tick off when posting.

In addition, I think there should be some descriptive checks for common grouping items. It is sometimes confusing figuring out where you should post or look for a group. For example, say you are trying to do achievements in open world and plan on going through a few different maps. Posting in achievement hunters could make sense, but what if the people who try to join your group do not have the particular map or mastery required to complete a task; maybe you instead post for open world for that map instead.

The PVE portion of this game is full of people willing and eager to help each other out, do some training for newbies, complete events, and on and on.

Oh, and maybe we could get a list of some topics or some free form text boxes stating where you feel you could help others by acting as mentor or commander for a group of tasks.

Some ideas for extra/non-standard type of events to advertise for could be:

• Resource node gathering tours
  • Scavenger hunt trips
  • Elite profession collections
  • Mount tasks - earning Griffon or Roller Beetle
  • Map completion for specific topics - poi, heart, vista, hero point
  • Map currency farming - for living world season maps or HOT maps. It is really helpful to have a group running around Dragon's stand to get through mobs and open the seed pod's. Especially if you are on a time limit and cannot commit 2 hours to completing the meta but really need that next random drop to complete the machined weapon collection.

Maybe there could be a tie in to the group/mentor/commander ui that allows you to activate yourself as available for group tasks related to your selected items for a specific time period. That would be really useful if you have like 20 minutes and want or need to do something that could be done as a group.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

• Option for sigils & runes: treat as trash at vendors (checkbox)

THIS^ !!! Most minor and major runes and sigils are worthless anyway - you could add "treat minor/major as junk" similat to how salvage kits work (salvage fine and lower etc.).

Also a mount related one: while I've recently discovered that you can bind your mounts to dedicated keys (I use numpad keys) it would be cool if right-clicking on the mount icon would "cycle" mounts, and even cooler if you could re-arrange the order of which mounts appear on the click menu, which would affect the cycle. So for example, right now it's Raptor>Springer>Skimmer>Jackal etc. but you could change the order, which, to me at least, always depends on the map I'm in - a water-heavy map means I can prioritize Skimmer, in the Desolation it would be Jackal first, then Skimmer, then Springer etc.

@JackassTheX.6351 said:

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

THIS^ !!! Most minor and major runes and sigils are worthless anyway - you could add "treat minor/major as junk" similat to how salvage kits work (salvage fine and lower etc.).

Also a mount related one: while I've recently discovered that you can bind your mounts to dedicated keys (I use numpad keys) it would be cool if right-clicking on the mount icon would "cycle" mounts, and even cooler if you could re-arrange the order of which mounts appear on the click menu, which would affect the cycle. So for example, right now it's Raptor>Springer>Skimmer>Jackal etc. but you could change the order, which, to me at least, always depends on the map I'm in - a water-heavy map means I can prioritize Skimmer, in the Desolation it would be Jackal first, then Skimmer, then Springer etc.

I agree on the sigils & runes suggestion.

On the mount binding, do you mean you can bind specific mounts to specific activation keys, or do you mean that you can bind the mount actions to keys?

Adventures that are like tutorials in the main Tyria maps. These would be beginner tasks to learn things like CC, jumping puzzle basics, underwater content, and knockbacks off the top of my head.

Something to help people learn underwater movement and combat would especially be awesome if underwater content continues to be improved.

Hey gang,I'm not sure this is a QoL update or a suggestion, but here goes.Please oh please make it so when you stealth someone who is downed their downed channeled skill stops. Many times I have tried to stealth people who are about to get stomped but they reveal themselves. Besides, when youre alive and stealth you stop AA'ing so it makes sense to apply this to downed state too.~Cheers

Dear Anet, please make it so the crafted backpacks can be salvaged. It's really frustrating to have to destroy something you spent so much gold on just to raise crafting levels from 400-500. Really, I'd rather just pay the gold it would take to learn a crafting tier, like a Tome of Armorcrafting..or! Craft the tomes (account bound, ofc) and then use them to raises your skill level. They could be like the backpacks, where you use one tier to craft the next tier, but you could also consume them, instead of having 30 or so unstackable items that you can't sell or salvage the excess.

@"BlueIce.6951" said:Adventures that are like tutorials in the main Tyria maps. These would be beginner tasks to learn things like CC, jumping puzzle basics, underwater content, and knockbacks off the top of my head.

Something to help people learn underwater movement and combat would especially be awesome if underwater content continues to be improved.

I second this! We already have the "Dodge Training" NPC. That idea could be expanded on :)

@BlueIce.6951 said:

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

I agree on the sigils & runes suggestion.

On the mount binding, do you mean you can bind specific mounts to specific activation keys, or do you mean that you can bind the mount actions to keys?

You can bind a key to activate a mount directly without using the mount menu. For example, I have Raptor on NUM 0 Springer on NUM 1, Skimmer on NUM2, Jackal on NUM 3. I mostly use the Raptor, so when I need the Springer, I just dismount the raptor, hit NUM 1 and there it is. Then, if I need the skimmer, bam, NUM 2.

@Kitty La Boom Boom.4065 said:Dear Anet, please make it so the crafted backpacks can be salvaged. It's really frustrating to have to destroy something you spent so much gold on just to raise crafting levels from 400-500. Really, I'd rather just pay the gold it would take to learn a crafting tier, like a Tome of Armorcrafting..or! Craft the tomes (account bound, ofc) and then use them to raises your skill level. They could be like the backpacks, where you use one tier to craft the next tier, but you could also consume them, instead of having 30 or so unstackable items that you can't sell or salvage the excess.

There is a new way to rise your crafting, backpacks are so 2012. Check out Mystic curios. Gets you to 500 and things are tradable.

Please add a notification sound and Windows taskbar ping for when a player joins your party. Use case: posting in LFG for unpopular content and being alt-tabbed out to do something else while waiting for someone to join. You won't know anyone joined unless you keep checking in to the game window.

And on another level, stop adding multiplayer-oriented achievements to unpopulated content, e.g. story instances. This seems to be another quixotic design path that the devs are hell bent on keeping no matter how many times people tell them it's a really bad idea. If you really want to make such achievements then give people a reason to replay the mission instead of going for another round of Istan. It's bad enough that your chapter progress has to align with the story instance just to be able to start the mission, as this blocks your ability to try different achievements, you pretty much have to do them in order or force a repeat of missions already played.

@"Wrong Device.3014" said:Dragonite Ore, Bloodstone Dust, Empyreal Fragments. Give us option to sell it to vendor, let it be 20-30-50 copper, rather then destroy them.

That exists, in a way.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Converter

You can't sell to vendor directly and there's a daily limit, but I think you can actually make more money with these than 20-50c.

@Leablo.2651 said:Please add a notification sound and Windows taskbar ping for when a player joins your party. Use case: posting in LFG for unpopular content and being alt-tabbed out to do something else while waiting for someone to join. You won't know anyone joined unless you keep checking in to the game window.

Oh my god YES!!! This would be perfect, hell, even for populated content like Fractals/Raids if you're one specific role short and it's taking a while. I'd rather do something else than muck around the Sanctuary for 10 minutes.

@"JackassTheX.6351" said:That exists, in a way.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ConverterDuring a day of playing ( few hours even ) you make more of those than can be fed.Since it was brought up. Please remove daily limit for those items: Mawdrey II, Princess, Star of Gratitude.

Or add a Mystic Forge recipe to combine Mawdrey II, Princess and Star of Gratitude into vendor item. Same as Gleam of Sentience. Without any daily limits.

'Star Princess of Mawdretude' =)

I'd appreciate something you could toggle on and off that would disable access to the guild, hero, wvw and pvp panels if possible. Can't tell you the amount of times I've been fighting, my hand is slipped and hit the wrong key, and opened a panel. And then I usually manage to open 4 other panels in my attempt to close the first one.

@Soap.5098 said:I'd appreciate something you could toggle on and off that would disable access to the guild, hero, wvw and pvp panels if possible. Can't tell you the amount of times I've been fighting, my hand is slipped and hit the wrong key, and opened a panel. And then I usually manage to open 4 other panels in my attempt to close the first one.

Unbind the hotkeys in settings.

I would love for a quicker way to organize my inventory. At this point I have to move each item individually while I could also select and drag one or more items to a new location. Similar to how you clean up your pc desktop. Just select and drag. This would be a GREAT addition to QoL.

Firstly, thank you for Sun's Refuge. I enjoy using it, but there's a few things that would make it even better:

1. Have the player appear at the centre hub when using Spearmarshal's Plea to enter SR and not at the distant entrance each time. Yes, it doesn't take long to get to the hub on the beetle, but it's a boring journey to repeat each time.

2. When using Spearmarshal's Plea, please display the UI on top not behind whatever other dialog is up.

3. In fact, building on #2, whatever dialog you open last should appear on top, as per standard UI conventions.

4. Display labels near the portals in SR. It can get confusing which one leads where.