Sigil of Nullification issue — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sigil of Nullification issue

I think that most of us already know, but this uncraftable sigil has been acquiring a very high value since the release of the patch due to the upgradeable Armor requirements.

Will it be changed? Will we have a recipe? Is ArenaNet taking any actions toward it's availability? It would be a shame that this armor, which is a main content of this patch, would be so highly expensive when other times it was not the case ( like the Luminescent armors ).

<1

Comments

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2018

    I do not think there is any issue with the sigils. You can make alt characters to farm them or mystic forge rare sigils (yields about 5 per hour which is great money if you dont mind clicking)

    @shejesa.3712 said:
    Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game. I can understand cutting costs and not having an economics guy on the dev team, but honestly, picking items on random, only because the name is vaguely connected with the word Requiem isn't an option either.

    The armor is one week old compared to legendary armor 1+ year old (actually more if you consider the time people had to prepare). Not a fair comparison.

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Malediktus.9250 said:
    I do not think there is any issue with the sigils. You can make alt characters to farm them or mystic forge rare sigils (yields about 5 per hour which is great money if you dont mind clicking)

    @shejesa.3712 said:
    Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game. I can understand cutting costs and not having an economics guy on the dev team, but honestly, picking items on random, only because the name is vaguely connected with the word Requiem isn't an option either.

    The armor is one week old compared to legendary armor 1+ year old (actually more if you consider the time people had to prepare). Not a fair comparison.

    Last I checked it’s an exotic skin.

    Last I checked exotic does not mean it has to be cheap. Look at mystic forge skins like Mjolnir.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2018

    @Malediktus.9250 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Malediktus.9250 said:
    I do not think there is any issue with the sigils. You can make alt characters to farm them or mystic forge rare sigils (yields about 5 per hour which is great money if you dont mind clicking)

    @shejesa.3712 said:
    Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game. I can understand cutting costs and not having an economics guy on the dev team, but honestly, picking items on random, only because the name is vaguely connected with the word Requiem isn't an option either.

    The armor is one week old compared to legendary armor 1+ year old (actually more if you consider the time people had to prepare). Not a fair comparison.

    Last I checked it’s an exotic skin.

    Last I checked exotic does not mean it has to be cheap. Look at mystic forge skins like Mjolnir.

    True, however you are comparing Legendary Armor to exotic skins.

    Edit: My apology, that wasn’t you making that comparison.

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Things are worse than they seem, as side effect this is inflating price of random loot that has this sigil.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    There were only 22k supply on the TP prior to LS4.4 going live. 1290 people registered on gw2efficiency have completed the final collection, representing over 32k sigils. An additional 5000 people (25k more sigils) started the final collection, another 4000 (20k more) completed the second step. Thus despite the so-called "supply" being 22k, at least 60k sigils have been consumed as part of the process. This doesn't count those who aren't using GW2 efficiency (and these folks certainly outnumber those on GW2/E, even if achievement-focused players are over-represented there).

    the "extra" come from the random cheap loot that comes with this sigil like this one
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Iron_Shield_(loot)#item143

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:
    Things are worse than they seem, as side effect this is inflating price of random loot that has this sigil.

    Seems like a positive if people get more value out of their loot

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Maybe, I guess there are always losers and winners when it comes to tradeable items or RNG drops

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I guess so. What I do find interesting Malediktus, is that I’ve seen you voice many concerns about this game, however you do not voice your concern about this complex issue.

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2018

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    I guess so. What I do find interesting Malediktus, is that I’ve seen you voice many concerns about this game, however you do not voice your concern about this complex issue.

    It is not an issue for me, I had some sigils in my guild bank since I dont throw any cheap runes/sigils away. The rest I got from making new alts and mystic forge. But even if I had to buy them it would not bother me much, 100-300g are a pocket change to me.

    It sounds selfish, but I guess I just lack the empathy to care about problems of other people

  • Wanze.8410Wanze.8410 Member ✭✭✭

    @Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    Lol farm them by constant rerolling to lvl 64 for a single sigil.. good luck with that one. Even someone with a few thousand tomes and a few birthday tokens isn't going to make a dent into the supply deficiency

    So you expect other players to farm these sigils and provide cheap supply for you on the trading post? Dont you think thats just a bit selfish?

    and RNG is never a reliable source of anything... 5 sigils per hour .. where is the large sample sizing to prove that drop chance or I call small sample fowl

    The 20% drop chance for exotic sigils from forging 4 rares has already been proven in large data samples years ago and the number of different exotic sigils available from the forge isnt a mystery either. Every 6th grader should be able to to calculate an average droprate from that info.

    and even it it could be proven, that is no way to base a short to mid term collection item around. Lets not forget if the armour sets take too long to complete, players will just move on to other things

    so where did anet state that this collection was designed as a short to mid term goal for the average player? If players are able to complete this set within a couple of days, they will also move on to other things and will do it way earlier than now. Not sure what kind of point you were trying to make here.

  • Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭✭

    Tbh there is no situation, just people who don't think the collection's reward is valuable enough compared to the gold needed. Personally, I bought the Sigils already for 125g overall. I needed to sell some stuff, but I knew the price is gonna jump up so I got it ASAP. Wait a month or so and the price is going to go down again if it's not worth it for you now. People who are willing to pay and give in will soon buy enough of this item. Also some people will give up and others will keep looking at it hoping the price goes down. When those happen, demand decreases and the price will drop as people will be in panic to sell it right now before their investment will be too much compared to the sell price. Like always. So yeah, 1-2 months and it will be a much lower price.
    Superior Sigil of Nullification on GW2TP
    As you can see here the price somewhat stabilised right now. Demand saw a big spike at some point then it fell with the sudden spike of price then it got normal too. That means that those who don't want to pay that much already stopped buying/selling. Some people provide a stable supply. And there are still people buying it at that price. At this point the demand will get lower slowly as people who pay that much slowly dwindle like I said before. That means less people will buy it as well, so the items sits for longer on TP. When this length gets noticable the more panicky sellers will start undercutting. Some people will jump on the chance to buy it cheaper so demand will stay stable there. And this will keep repeating until it reaches a healthy price. Whether you have to patience or not is another question.
    If you buy everything off of TP at this moment then the whole 3 sets cost 328g. As a result you get 3 sets of new skins and a set of Ascended Armor. Now a full set of Ascended Armor via crafting costs ~210g (coming from the average price of the Ascended Insignias and not counting anything else). So you basically pay ~118g for 3 sets of armor skins. So if a single set of armor skin isn't worth 305g for you (by removing the cost of the 2 other sets of skins), then just simply don't buy it.

    If you want to discuss a "situation" then it's people feeling entitled to have something right now, instead of farming it or investing into at all. And sadly that is something affecting all parts of the game. It wouldn't be much of "Achievement" now if you just bought everything needed off of the TP for 5g overall and got the whole thing in 30 minutes.

    Praise Joko!

  • Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭✭

    @Chesterakos.2804 said:
    I'd like to be challenged by Anet and not by a few TP leeches who drained the TP in an hour of all the sigils.

    I do not like the idea of making some leeches even richer because they play the TP all day.

    Anet must introduce a way to create new sigils into the game. Don't tell me that leveling alts to 64 for 1 sigil each is a way to create new ones.

    Those that rushed and bought the sigil when it was low priced. Good for you. You were lucky to be able to do that. You are only a few though while we are hundreds of thousands. So spare us of your white knighting.

    There is no white knighting though. It's just people being "unreasonable" because they actually need to do something for a change. So like, noone "needs" to do anything honestly. ANet doesn't "need" to give a way to get those Sigils. And you don't "need" to buy Sigils for the skins. What you feel is just unjustified entitlement. :disappointed:

    Praise Joko!

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2018

    @Cregath.7628 said:
    Tbh there is no situation, just people who don't think the collection's reward is valuable enough compared to the gold needed. Personally, I bought the Sigils already for 125g overall. I needed to sell some stuff, but I knew the price is gonna jump up so I got it ASAP. Wait a month or so and the price is going to go down again if it's not worth it for you now. People who are willing to pay and give in will soon buy enough of this item. Also some people will give up and others will keep looking at it hoping the price goes down. When those happen, demand decreases and the price will drop as people will be in panic to sell it right now before their investment will be too much compared to the sell price. Like always. So yeah, 1-2 months and it will be a much lower price.
    Superior Sigil of Nullification on GW2TP
    As you can see here the price somewhat stabilised right now. Demand saw a big spike at some point then it fell with the sudden spike of price then it got normal too. That means that those who don't want to pay that much already stopped buying/selling. Some people provide a stable supply. And there are still people buying it at that price. At this point the demand will get lower slowly as people who pay that much slowly dwindle like I said before. That means less people will buy it as well, so the items sits for longer on TP. When this length gets noticable the more panicky sellers will start undercutting. Some people will jump on the chance to buy it cheaper so demand will stay stable there. And this will keep repeating until it reaches a healthy price. Whether you have to patience or not is another question.
    If you buy everything off of TP at this moment then the whole 3 sets cost 328g. As a result you get 3 sets of new skins and a set of Ascended Armor. Now a full set of Ascended Armor via crafting costs ~210g (coming from the average price of the Ascended Insignias and not counting anything else). So you basically pay ~118g for 3 sets of armor skins. So if a single set of armor skin isn't worth 305g for you (by removing the cost of the 2 other sets of skins), then just simply don't buy it.

    If you want to discuss a "situation" then it's people feeling entitled to have something right now, instead of farming it or investing into at all. And sadly that is something affecting all parts of the game. It wouldn't be much of "Achievement" now if you just bought everything needed off of the TP for 5g overall and got the whole thing in 30 minutes.

    this seems fair, i didnt know the armor was ascedent. and is very "shiny". so we have a shiny set of ascedent around 300g. nothing to complain.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:

    @Cregath.7628 said:
    Tbh there is no situation, just people who don't think the collection's reward is valuable enough compared to the gold needed. Personally, I bought the Sigils already for 125g overall. I needed to sell some stuff, but I knew the price is gonna jump up so I got it ASAP. Wait a month or so and the price is going to go down again if it's not worth it for you now. People who are willing to pay and give in will soon buy enough of this item. Also some people will give up and others will keep looking at it hoping the price goes down. When those happen, demand decreases and the price will drop as people will be in panic to sell it right now before their investment will be too much compared to the sell price. Like always. So yeah, 1-2 months and it will be a much lower price.
    Superior Sigil of Nullification on GW2TP
    As you can see here the price somewhat stabilised right now. Demand saw a big spike at some point then it fell with the sudden spike of price then it got normal too. That means that those who don't want to pay that much already stopped buying/selling. Some people provide a stable supply. And there are still people buying it at that price. At this point the demand will get lower slowly as people who pay that much slowly dwindle like I said before. That means less people will buy it as well, so the items sits for longer on TP. When this length gets noticable the more panicky sellers will start undercutting. Some people will jump on the chance to buy it cheaper so demand will stay stable there. And this will keep repeating until it reaches a healthy price. Whether you have to patience or not is another question.
    If you buy everything off of TP at this moment then the whole 3 sets cost 328g. As a result you get 3 sets of new skins and a set of Ascended Armor. Now a full set of Ascended Armor via crafting costs ~210g (coming from the average price of the Ascended Insignias and not counting anything else). So you basically pay ~118g for 3 sets of armor skins. So if a single set of armor skin isn't worth 305g for you (by removing the cost of the 2 other sets of skins), then just simply don't buy it.

    If you want to discuss a "situation" then it's people feeling entitled to have something right now, instead of farming it or investing into at all. And sadly that is something affecting all parts of the game. It wouldn't be much of "Achievement" now if you just bought everything needed off of the TP for 5g overall and got the whole thing in 30 minutes.

    this seems fair, i didnt know the armor was ascedent. and is very "shiny". so we have a shiny set of ascedent around 300g. nothing to complain.

    They’re complaining because some got it for cheaper.

  • Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2018

    I bought sigils when they were 1.5g , I tought it was quite expensive but I said "Meh I'll pay, I want new shiny, I'll farm later to make the golds back".
    Now I'm so glad I did so....I'm just sad I bougth only 25 for achi, I should have bougth a stack of them, now I would be rich xD

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2018

    i guess theres a tendency to have more supply than ppl doing this achievment along time. the collection is gated behind many things, lazy ppl as myself is struggling to get even the map currencie.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You get a single ascended Armor chest for completing requiem collection.

  • Lamenoir.5367Lamenoir.5367 Member
    edited September 26, 2018

    First Requiem armor is just an exotic skin not an armor ! To go deeper if you compare to an ascended or even a legendary armor, those two are craftable by yourself without using the TP.
    Here, what can you do ? No way to craft or spend time to get this by yourself, you only depend of the TP.
    We come back at time where you only depend luck or TP to buy precursor. Wait ! They change that to avoid player depending luck and TP !

    I hope we will have news soon, even a message from anet to say yes or no .... It's very strange: it's the most commented and viewed post in this section but still not an answer.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2018

    @Lascax.2163 said:
    Even if they think it's not an issue, let just us know.

    We already know it's not ... it's not like this is the first instance of Anet making a decision affecting the price of mats people want on the TP. And in some cases, Anet DID make changes to availability. The response is ... game history.

    @Dedicant.6820 said:
    What is the point of even hosting events like this if they won't even comment on one of the most significant(controversial?) impacts of the update?

    Same as above ... there isn't a need to comment. Even if they did, would you walk away thinking "Oh OK ..."

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭✭

    @Chesterakos.2804 said:
    It's not ascended. Requiem armor is only a skin. That dude doesn't know what he's talking about.

    I very much know what I'm talking about. ^^
    You know there is a collection after you get all 3 sets right? And that it rewards a whole set of ascended.
    Also the also the 2nd and 3rd set of armor skins costs a trivial 375 Misthingienium and 75 Ecto. So yeah. You basically only pay for the first set of skins.
    Honestly though, I too don't understand why I don't get every achievement and item in the game just by logging in on release day. It's a mystery to me.

    Praise Joko!

  • Any chance the sigil and amalgamated gemstones could be added to the Jahai Bluffs reward tracks in PvP and WvW? That or have to complete something to get a recipe to make the sigil. The daily Pact Supply should have the recipe as an option as well. There should be quite a few creative ways to be able to work to obtain the sigil other than the limited means we have right now.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Cregath.7628 said:

    @Chesterakos.2804 said:
    It's not ascended. Requiem armor is only a skin. That dude doesn't know what he's talking about.

    I very much know what I'm talking about. ^^
    You know there is a collection after you get all 3 sets right? And that it rewards a whole set of ascended.
    Also the also the 2nd and 3rd set of armor skins costs a trivial 375 Misthingienium and 75 Ecto. So yeah. You basically only pay for the first set of skins.
    Honestly though, I too don't understand why I don't get every achievement and item in the game just by logging in on release day. It's a mystery to me.

    It awards a single piece, not a set.

    The wording is a little weird on the collection, but I imagine it’s just the one piece as it usually is.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2018

    @Dedicant.6820 said:
    This is the most viewed and commented question in this event so yeah obviously for many people it IS an issue and that also means it's something anet needs to comment on. Otherwise what's the point in the community raising any concerns ever? No you're right we should just praise everything anet does and be quiet about the things that went wrong. /s

    Hold on ... Anet doesn't need to comment on anything they don't want to and if history is any clue, the last thing Anet is going to do is say something that will ACTUALLY allow people to take advantage of others on the market. Let's get real here. Raise your concerns, but make no mistake, do not assume how you think means you are on the side of what should be done to fix the 'problem'. Don't even assume there is a problem here in the first place.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Chesterakos.2804Chesterakos.2804 Member ✭✭
    edited September 27, 2018

    -- delete this post pls --

  • Ferus.3165Ferus.3165 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dedicant.6820 said:
    What is the point of even hosting events like this if they won't even comment on one of the most significant(controversial?) impacts of the update?

    if you look around the only answers we got are about "fluff" and other unimportant stuff

  • I would appreciate an official answer to this. Something needs to be done but I'm not smart enough to figure out what exactly.

  • Zaoda.1653Zaoda.1653 Member ✭✭✭

    At the very least, the superior sigil of nullification should be craftable via either a recipe, or via random major and superior sigils being chucked in the mystic forge.

    The fact that it can't be crafted, only encourages the already super-rich, to hoard all of them, and become wealthier. Clearly this wasn't thought out very well.

    In the meantime, I'm not going to cater to the mega-rich by funding their greed, I'm simply going to wait it out until they go back to being dirt cheap. I can wait :-)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.