Is the Legendary Ring Coalescence actually craftable right now? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Is the Legendary Ring Coalescence actually craftable right now?

Can we get dev confirmation whether or not the legendary ring is now craftable? I'm on the assumption that since all of the items (Hateful Sworl, LD's, Gift of Complex Emotions) are not recognized in the MF, it means the ring is still missing a component from another future collection (Coalescence III or something), and therefore cannot be consumed in the MF.

Answers

• Same question.

• Hyrai.8720Hyrai.8720 Member ✭✭
    edited September 20, 2018

My guess is that we will get a 3rd collection and need to grind the LS4 maps once we reached EP6.

• I doubt that the 3rd collect would be gated behind ls maps. Legendary armor was only gated by raid and hot core maps. I can only suspect this is just like legendary armor, will be a year and a half late, and look fugly.

edited September 20, 2018

Aurora was gated behind LS maps.

With Coalescence we would have everything taken care of:
    legendary armor: HoT raids
    aurora: LS3
    coalescence: LS4 + PoF raids

another possibility would be coalescence just needing PoF + its raids and we get something else (maybe a legendary amulet?) for LS4.

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think it is silly that we will have to wait another 6 months or more for W7 to finish the ring. As if the 11 months we waited so far was not insulting enough

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Malediktus.9250 said:
    I think it is silly that we will have to wait another 6 months or more for W7 to finish the ring. As if the 11 months we waited so far was not insulting enough

This insulted you? Seems like you taking this game to personally.

• thrag.9740thrag.9740 Member ✭✭✭

What I heard is that the mystic forge recipe was disabled because it was bugging and ppl would lose expensive stuff when it did, but the rumor is that ring is meant to be in the game with this patch, so hopefully soon. Again, that's what I heard. I'm not Anet, don't take my word as certain.

• @Tyson.5160 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

This insulted you? Seems like you taking this game to personally.

This is news to you? :p
    Someone who cares so much about his AP ranking as Malediktus that he requests the game needs to change to his expectations, obviously takes every change (or lack there of) not to his expectations personally.

• anet should have added pvp rank 80 to craft the legendary ring....

• Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hyrai.8720 said:

another possibility would be coalescence just needing PoF + its raids and we get something else (maybe a legendary amulet?) for LS4.

Aurora had nothing to do with any raids. Since the ring started in raids, it will be finished there, much like the Envoy. If they want to release a legendary tied to LS4 maps, they'll do it with a new one. There are still one accessory, one ring and the amulet slot to fill.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Hyrai.8720 said:

Aurora had nothing to do with any raids. Since the ring started in raids, it will be finished there, much like the Envoy. If they want to release a legendary tied to LS4 maps, they'll do it with a new one. There are still one accessory, one ring and the amulet slot to fill.

Agreed, I really hope they do something similar to Aurora for LWS4 for maybe the amulet (since amulets have the highest stats from all trinkets). It would allow another legendary trinket to become available via open world content. That way WVW players are not forced to raid for the highest stat contribution on a trinket (though they still would have to PVE).

My assumption is that legendary ring availability will remain tied to Wing 5-X for now as the main draw for that. Pretty sure with an ability to acquire multiple (similar to Legendary Armor from Wing 1-4).

We will have to wait and see.

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

@azizul.8469 said:
    anet should have added pvp rank 80 to craft the legendary ring....

And WvW rank 2000

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rysdude.3824 said:

@azizul.8469 said:
    anet should have added pvp rank 80 to craft the legendary ring....

And WvW rank 2000

Would mean I have 1000 ranks to go and 1000 ranks to get better at raids to get the collection :D

I would welcome something like this, but the majority of the playerbase wouldn't

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm a bit disappointed too that we can't craft the ring still. I was expecting it with this wing and update. It will be nice if we are told about the update and expectation for it. I just hope to complete it, we don't have to wait for next wing. Hope we get that by Xmas .. will be nice gift for Xmas

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

@Talindra.4958 said:
    I'm a bit disappointed too that we can't craft the ring still. I was expecting it with this wing and update. It will be nice if we are told about the update and expectation for it. I just hope to complete it, we don't have to wait for next wing. Hope we get that by Xmas .. will be nice gift for Xmas

I cannot be excited for it anymore. Since everyone had so much time to prepare, many people will get it on day one and then it won't be special for even one day

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

I cannot be excited for it anymore. Since everyone had so much time to prepare, many people will get it on day one and then it won't be special for even one day

Let's just hope it will be super awesome and worth the wait :)

Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

Let's just hope it will be super awesome and worth the wait :)

Since visuals are usually subjective it will be highly controversial as always

• @Malediktus.9250 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

Aren't you the guy who raged about the PvP titles giving even one achievement point and that you wouldn't be able to grub for your precious AP because you weren't good enough at the game?

And now you want this ring to be exclusive to people like you. Ridiculously entitled. It's okay if MY stuff is exclusive, but other people can get 1 AP by performing well in PvP? I'd better raise a commotion.

good lord i am absolute trash at this video game

edited September 26, 2018

@ventusthunder.5067 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

Aren't you the guy who raged about the PvP titles giving even one achievement point and that you wouldn't be able to grub for your precious AP because you weren't good enough at the game?

And now you want this ring to be exclusive to people like you. Ridiculously entitled. It's okay if MY stuff is exclusive, but other people can get 1 AP by performing well in PvP? I'd better raise a commotion.

Who ? Me? I'm innocent 😭😭😭😭 why am I in the loop of the post
    Btw malediktus is the top 3 ap sensei, you better not argue about ap stuff with him 😬

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Well yes that's quite true. I'm going to be very disappointed if there's zero visual effect lol..I waiting for them to surprise me !! :)

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

Looks like I was right about the pvp title though. First Anet removed the AP and now they removed those as rewards completly - not suprisingly for reasons I predicted.

• @Talindra.4958 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

Who ? Me? I'm innocent 😭😭😭😭 why am I in the loop of the post
    Btw malediktus is the top 3 ap sensei, you better not argue about ap stuff with him 😬

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Well yes that's quite true. I'm going to be very disappointed if there's zero visual effect lol..I waiting for them to surprise me !! :)

Not you, dw. I just think it's hilarious that someone who went so far as to rage and complain about PvP giving a singular AP now wants to have something that's exclusive for him. He should just suck it up and stop complaining.

good lord i am absolute trash at this video game

I had a thought, which might be exciting. The description for legendary deviations literally says they are for crafting the legendary ring. If legendary ring is the sole sink for these items that means we can probably craft multiples. If we can only craft the ring once, then they will pile eventually. So the only question that remains is, is the legendary ring going to be unique?

Is it going to be possible to craft 2 of these rings and equip them on the same character? Or will they be unique? I want my full legendary character haha

• narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

@thrag.9740 said:
    I had a thought, which might be exciting. The description for legendary deviations literally says they are for crafting the legendary ring. If legendary ring is the sole sink for these items that means we can probably craft multiples. If we can only craft the ring once, then they will pile eventually. So the only question that remains is, is the legendary ring going to be unique?

Is it going to be possible to craft 2 of these rings and equip them on the same character? Or will they be unique? I want my full legendary character haha

I dunno, the precursor and the gift are both from unrepeatable collections... (I mean obviously they could add a vender for duplicates, but that certainly makes the legendary less, well legendary.)

My guess is that maybe w7-8 will have a 2nd, different ring tied to it--One ring for the edge lords and one ring for the shiny rainbow warriors.

@narcx.3570 said:

@thrag.9740 said:

I dunno, the precursor and the gift are both from unrepeatable collections... (I mean obviously they could add a vender for duplicates, but that certainly makes the legendary less, well legendary.)

My guess is that maybe w7-8 will have a 2nd, different ring tied to it--One ring for the edge lords and one ring for the shiny rainbow warriors.

Yeah I know, and I am worried about that. But maybe it'll be like legendary armor with precursor being purchasable for 2nd set. Or maybe this will finally be the moment our jeweler can be leveled to 500 to make way for precursor ring crafting. I guess we will just have to wait because for some reason we still don't have the ring >.<

edited October 1, 2018

once you completed all 3 legendary armor sets for 750 LI, they just pile up aswell.
    so i don't really see a difference to the ring, except we probably won't need 750 LD :smiley:

maybe we will be able to sell LD for LI as its already possible to do the other way round and with magnetite shards/gaeting crystals.

@Hyrai.8720 said:
    once you completed all 3 legendary armor sets for 750 LI, they just pile up aswell.
    so i don't really see a difference to the ring, except we probably won't need 750 LD :smiley:

maybe we will be able to sell LD for LI as its already possible to do the other way round and with magnetite shards/gaeting crystals.

I'll be curious if we'll be able to craft more than 1 ring. And also if we'd be able to equip two at the same time.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Hyrai.8720 said:

Hopefully more. I'd rather they went for multiple options for slots, so people would have a choice.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Hyrai.8720 said:

Hopefully more. I'd rather they went for multiple options for slots, so people would have a choice.

Yea, but I expect to see full coverage fist.

@Hyrai.8720 said:

No no no. You are free to make as many legendary armor sets as you want. Legendary armor is convenient if you have the money, and so some people make more than 3, especially because many experienced raiders have at least 1 of each class. There is an infinite sink for LI. If we can not make more than one ring, there is literally nothing to do with LD after you make the ring.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.