Balance Patch Thread (UNRAVEL BUFF ! Hype ! ) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Balance Patch Thread (UNRAVEL BUFF ! Hype ! )

Elementalist
Transmute Lightning: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 25 seconds to 10 seconds as originally intended.
Transmute Frost: Fixed a bug in which this skill appeared when the elementalist was not attuned to water.
Transmute Fire: Fixed a bug that caused this ability to appear when the elementalist was not attuned to fire.
Tidal Surge: The time between casting this skill and knocking back targets has been reduced by about 0.5 seconds.
Heat Sync: The number of targets this skill affects has been increased from 5 to 10.
Overload Fire: The duration of might has been increased from 12 seconds to 16 seconds per pulse in PvE only.
"Flash-Freeze!": The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvE only.
"Aftershock!": The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 45 seconds to 35 seconds in PvE only.
Unravel: This skill now grants boons based on the primary attunement the elementalist unravels to. It grants 5 seconds of vigor for water, 5 seconds of fury for air, 5 seconds of protection for earth, and 5 stacks of might for 5 seconds for fire. In addition, using this skill now fully recharges all the weaver's attunement skills.
Superior Elements: The critical chance of this trait has been split between game modes and will now grant a 10% critical chance in PvE and a 15% critical chance in competitive modes.

• Buff to tempest in PvE
  • INSANE BUFF TO UNRAVEL, ITS NOW WORTH IT IN PVP & WVW (give you boon upon your attunement AND reset all the attunement Cooldown, like Fresh Air, but for ALL attunements !)
  • Some annoying bug fixes.

I'm really Hyped about this Unravel change, its very good for PVP/WVW : new combo possible, you can reset all attunement CD if you need an attunement in emergency (water for example)

<1

Comments

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

The shouts sadly do not have the lower cd in wvw but other then that this seems like a nice update for tempest and weaver.

The cdr for swaps only works at you use unravel so if you simply use it to double swap when all your atuments are off cd you do not get the cdr at all you still get the boons though.

10 targets for heat sync is nice but it seems out of places with every thing else on tempest being only 5 targets.

• Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018

I still bet noone will use unravel in PVP. It is still clunky, because you lose acces to dual skill-... wait, those are still trash anyways...

Shouts were overpowered in PVP/WvW, thank god they split the skills. :lol:

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

I expected changes to x-mancer weapon traits, but we got none. Unravel sounds nice, but in reality that skill is only useful on mainhand dagger (all other weapons have better/necessary skills to take).

I like the fact that they are slowly nerfing current boon providers (SoI on mesmer) and buffing others (might on guard and tempest, alacrity on renegade). At least meta in some game modes can change a bit. Wvw and pvp will have to wait though.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

"Heat Sync: The number of targets this skill affects has been increased from 5 to 10."

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018

HAHA my complaints paid off YEAH BABY here i come.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@maddoctor.2738 said:
    "Heat Sync: The number of targets this skill affects has been increased from 5 to 10."

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

A step in right direction, but a bit of an awkward one, given that everything else is still 5-target. BUT shouts got a nice CD reduction buffs, so... overall good change for Tempest. Toning down Superior Elements in PvE is probably a good thing too - you could say Weaver had a bit too easy time capping crit chance.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

is transmute earth still bugged? last time I tested on staff it removes the aura.

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

I got a question is this enouogh to put tempest support as a viable choice in raids and WVW? now that this is done 'm tempted to see how good DF auramancer is now.

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Axl.8924 said:
    I got a question is this enouogh to put tempest support as a viable choice in raids and WVW? now that this is done 'm tempted to see how good DF auramancer is now.

It was already viable in raids as far as I know, but mostly if you need to carry some other players rather than for optimal play. It's possible that it will be a meta pick for the more elitist types if they get a decent hybrid damage + offensive support build going, but you'd have to wait for SC to test it. I really doubt that tempest will still come near firebrand in WvW. The 10-man heat sync is nice, but fury and might are not hard to come by in WvW anyway, and the rest of the buffs were PvE only. I really have no idea why the overload fire and shout buffs were only for PvE. Hopefully, they will unsplit those in the next patch. Sometimes Anet tend to experiment with some changes in a single game mode and then unsplit them and buff the skills everywhere in the next patch.

Overall, this was surprisingly good for a minor balance balance pass. However, they still have lots of work left to do in the next major balance patch.

• Zunki.3916Zunki.3916 Member ✭✭✭

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

A step in right direction, but a bit of an awkward one, given that everything else is still 5-target. BUT shouts got a nice CD reduction buffs, so... overall good change for Tempest. Toning down Superior Elements in PvE is probably a good thing too - you could say Weaver had a bit too easy time capping crit chance.

Yeah I expected soothing mist 10man... One can hope….

Viable != Optimal

Not viable = You only get carried, 10 players with a build as "viable as yours" can't properly do it.

• NaturallyNick.4058NaturallyNick.4058 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018

Tempest got some slight buffs, but nothing that will make it meta. You have to give up all methods of consistent healing (water staff auto really) to take warhorn, and your combo finishers, auras and all other boons/heals are still just 5 people. It the equivalent of dipping your toes into the pool. They need to push Tempest fully into the water.

Weaver... meh. Unravel is alright. It's better than being completely useless. Maybe we'll see a few dagger/x builds now, but I don think the gimmick of fresh air for all attunements will be enough to make it worthwhile. Dagger still does not benefit from master's fortitude. Anet taking half-measures with the buffs everywhere.

For sword weaver, I'd give a maybe? It still doesn't address the main flaws of Sword/dagger which is how can get kited by an 80 year old grandma rocking her motorized scooter while putting out Firebrand-tier DPS but with 1/5 of the support capabilities. It's also hard countered by the majority of meta classes: Power Shatter, Deadeye, Reaper, Holosmith, and soft countered by: Condi mirage, spellbreaker, firebrand, other Eles. Scepter/focus in particular could probably be moved up to the hard counters with its one shot combo. It's just not meta enough to deserve it. It goes even with other heal Eles, core guardians and scourge (if you can ever find a scourge alone).

All in all, nothing changed for PvP eles and PvE eles got a buff that amounts to nothing other than sparking hopes that just maybe "they're looking into it." Tempest needs 10 man auras, and for the arcane res skill as well as fury generation to get moved to the earth tree. Arcane is basically a waste of a slot on support eles now, only taken for the rez. Much more ideal would be Fire/Earth, Water/Earth, or even Air/Earth. Water for extra Magnetic/shocking Spam and a bit of CC cleanse, everything else for fury. Earth for protection (and hopefully the rez).

Though even with those changes, the tempest's sustained healing output would be laughable. Choose between a healing autoattack or 10 man might? Nah, I'll just take druid.

• vesica tempestas.1563vesica tempestas.1563 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018

unravel may be a buff for good old dummies and raid bosses that they seem to balance for, but its useless where the real issues are - pvp and wvw (opportunity cost of swapping it in for another skill)

Where are the issues?

is Dagger/x competitive/not a disadvantage for a team or has it been in the last year : no
    is x/Warhorn competitive/not a disadvantage for a team or has it been in the last year : no
    is Staff competitive/not a disadvantage for a team or has it been in the last year : no
    is Sceptre/x competitive/not a disadvantage for a team or has it been in the last year : no

is Tempest competitive/not a disadvantage for a team or has it been in the last year : - its getting there slowly with sword.
    is Sword/x competitive or has it been in the last year : its getting closer and is close to competitive with caveats. Goodish if you like melee..

whoever balances ele HAS NOT GOT A CLUE.

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

• Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭

@Crann.1342 said:
    GW2 | HUGE Unravel Buff!! | EPIC NEW Weaver PvP Build now VIABLE!! | Free SR GIVEAWAY!!

Thanks, I was looking for my next title for tomorrow video

• LazySummer.2568LazySummer.2568 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018

@Crann.1342 said:
    GW2 | HUGE Unravel Buff!! | EPIC NEW Weaver PvP Build now VIABLE!! | Free SR GIVEAWAY!!

WvW OUTNUMBERED gameplay | Unravel OUTPLAY -- FA sc/dagger weeber INSTA phoenix burst -> CC air attune COMBO

• Mr Godlike.6098Mr Godlike.6098 Member ✭✭✭

(PVP) At first look nothing pvp realated.
    Unravel from garbage level rised to just being boring with predtictable Anet ele boon pool. Why no ressitance? Why no quikness? How this ever could compete with lighting flash, twist of fate...

Oh well maybe we all should wait for next expansion and hope that next ele elite spec will be broken good...wait there is no expansion this year...

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@Crann.1342 said:

WvW OUTNUMBERED gameplay | Unravel OUTPLAY -- FA sc/dagger weeber INSTA phoenix burst -> CC air attune COMBO

Sorry but no "EPIC" & no "MAGIC" in title. Thats a no.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wait, I confounded Unravel with Weave Self... What's the use for Unravel? Do people really slot it?

• Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LazySummer.2568 said:
    (...)

and is this comment for real or sarcastic?

@Megametzler.5729 said:
    Shouts were overpowered in PVP/WvW, thank god they split the skills. :lol:

(...)

It was sarcastic! But I am at the point where I have a lot of fun watching the ele bu-... changes. So deep is my desperation. Again they changed nothing for PvP and nothing relevant for WvW (heat sync? I don't play WvW much, so...).

5% crit nerf for PvE weavers, right? Why does noone complain? Everyone switched to some mesmer build anyway?

They need to give either dagger and/or scepter water auto a small "heal other allies" effect. That way warhorn could be used in a support setup. It can provide at least some CC and in combination with some other groupwide might it's more than easy to maximize 25 might on the whole raid now. Also it can give some nice prot and regen uptime. When healing tempest overrides druids regen it'l still be no Problem now with the aoe might stacking.

Now they should really buff soothing mist to 10man (at least in PvE), so we aren't forced to be in a sole group in raids.

Viable != Optimal

Not viable = You only get carried, 10 players with a build as "viable as yours" can't properly do it.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dahir.4158 said:
    No significant change(s) to staff ele. Not impressed.

This is what i was hoping to see, but im glad they did some small changes that do mean alot for a spec that was kinda useless. IF they can keep doing these smaller balance patchs(big if) i think itll be more effective for the balance of the game over all.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• fuzzyp.6295fuzzyp.6295 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2018

That unravel buff was much needed. I can see it being pretty effective if paired with Elements of Rage. This coupled with the Cleansing Fire buff from last patch and the new fire aura cleanse... I really want to believe D/D ele might be a thing again, but I just don't think it has the damage mitigation necessary compared to Sw/x built in defenses. I think I need to experience with different armor types to see how this works. I do wish the buff given was Regen and Stab for Water and Earth though.

• Wow, I came in here expecting to see rage over the stealth nerf but instead... It almost looks like no one's realized it yet? Or I'm misinterpreting it maybe?

Superior Elements: The critical chance of this trait has been split between game modes and will now grant a 10% critical chance in PvE and a 15% critical chance in competitive modes.

I had to check to be sure, but it's always been 15% not 10%... Meaning this wasn't a 5% buff for competitive modes... It was a 5% nerf in PvE. Here's a link to see the version comparisons on the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Superior_Elements&type=revision&diff=1754303&oldid=1735370

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

10 Target Soothing Mist? That would be broken as kitten in WvW. You can already have Soothing Mist on 10+ Targets at ones. But you know what? Make it 10 Target and let me heal around 30 people at ones. For like 850 Healing per second.

edited October 3, 2018

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

10 Target Soothing Mist? That would be broken as kitten in WvW. You can already have Soothing Mist on 10+ Targets at ones. But you know what? Make it 10 Target and let me heal around 30 people at ones. For like 850 Healing per second.

Well I talked about PvE. You have it on 10ppl anyway but have to make a solo grp to do it. Changing it to 10 for PvE wouldn't make a big difference but would make it easier to implement in pugs and it would become that strong thing ele brings to the 10man table. I think it would make them just a bit more popular without breaking balance.

Viable != Optimal

@Zunki.3916 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

Well I talked about PvE. You have it on 10ppl anyway but have to make a dolo grp to fo do. Changeing it to 10 for PvE wouldnt make a big difference but would make it easier to implement in pugs and it would become that strong thing ele brings to the 10man table. I think it would make them just a bit more popular without breaking balance.

In PvE sure. Why not.

edited October 3, 2018

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

What are you talking about? Currently, Soothing Mist doesn't get a free upgrade in WvW to affect 10 targets and there are no traits that upgrades it to 10 targets either. It also requires the ele to camp water attunement at all times which is pretty bad

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lasiurus.4067 I hope to see gameplay video(s) with Unravel being used. I am not an ele main but the change intrigues me and I'd love to see it in action from someone who has more skill and experience with the class/spec.

edited October 3, 2018

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

What are you talking about? Currently, Soothing Mist doesn't get a free upgrade in WvW to affect 10 targets and there are no traits that upgrades it to 10 targets either. It also requires the ele to camp water attunement at all times which is pretty bad

Do you ever looked at SM and how it works?

• Lasts 10 Seconds.
    • Get applied every 3 seconds.

Also, noone said its good camping Water.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

lol ok, so by your definition it affects 15 targets currently because you can run around between 3 different groups of 5. I mean with something that broken how come nobody cares to run soothing mist ele in subgroups and just stack firebrands instead? and good luck trying to maintain it in multiple groups without camping water

I tested out tempest a bit, changes don't seem that much different than before for tempest to be a true support buffer.I can't test unravel because thats weaver and lightning flash.

• Born into the battlefield...For the glory of WvW !

• Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2018

IMO unravel is still useless.
    It recharges CD, yes, but only once, and a cd of already less than 4secondes, and it last only 5sec, and what the point of short duration Boons if we can earn only one on the primary attuenement ? Too many questions.
    If it was 50% reduction of all attunements like the elite skill, during 7 or 8 sec, well okai, but only once ?

Weaver still underperforms in pvp/wvw.

edit: Works good for staff weaver in zerg, but you lose a teleport/evade, ... not a fan.

heya guys, a video where I'm testing the new Unravel Skill in PvP.

• More stability thanks to weaver trait
    • Free boon (fury/might/vigor/Protection)
    • Reset all attunements.
    • Direct access to Core skill 3, so now Water 3 is a good option to heal & Air/Fire/Earth 3 to DPS.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:
    It recharges CD, yes, but only once, and a cd of already less than 4secondes, and it last only 5sec, and what the point of short duration Boons if we can earn only one on the primary attuenement ? Too many questions.
    If it was 50% reduction of all attunements like the elite skill, during 7 or 8 sec, well okai, but only once ?

I agree. Boon (yes, you get only one boon) lasts too short and instant attunement recharge just can't compare to other utility skills. As I mentioned earlier, it only has value in dagger builds since other weapons dont require using skill 3 often, so unravel is not even needed on those.

• Ging.6485Ging.6485 Member ✭✭

I'm annoyed about the Crit Chance nerf because there is exactly one thing that the nerf does in practice :

It makes Spotter required for 100% Crit-chance on Berserker Weaver.

That's all it does. If you aren't min-maxing it's pretty pointless. I hate having to rely on Spotter though because it basically ties Weaver to Druid if you want to be optimal.

• Usagi.4835Usagi.4835 Member ✭✭

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

edit: Works good for staff weaver in zerg, but you lose a teleport/evade, ... not a fan.

It's alright, if fairly underwhelming. Does it now justify taking up a utility slot? Doubtful. It's like what we already get with the Glyph of Elemental Harmony but with much shorter durations. Aside from the stealth nerf to Superior Elements in PvE (:rolling eyes:), at least there weren't any more nerfs.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

lol ok, so by your definition it affects 15 targets currently because you can run around between 3 different groups of 5. I mean with something that broken how come nobody cares to run soothing mist ele in subgroups and just stack firebrands instead? and good luck trying to maintain it in multiple groups without camping water

Are you trolling? You must be trolling.

NOBODY said it was good.
    Im only saying its POSSIBLE.

I mean, why do i have tell someone how the "Aura" effect in Gw2 work anyway?

edited October 4, 2018

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

NOBODY said it was good.

you're the one suggesting 10 target will be broken as kitten because it's then 30 target according to you and somehow it can be done without camping water

edited October 4, 2018

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

NOBODY said it was good.

you're the one suggesting 10 target will be broken as kitten because it's then 30 target according to you and somehow it can be done without camping water

At this point i am 100% sure you are trolling.
    But i have time, i will bite the bait.

I NEVER said that you do this without Camping Water.

BUT! 850 healing per second permanent on half the squad doesnt sound i a bit strong to you? That will happen when SM has 10 targets.

Sure, you would have to camp water for that.
    But something like 20-25k healing per second for pressing not a single button would be worth it at this point.

But before you put words in my mouth again, here is what i said:
    1. It is possible to get the SM effect on more then 5 people by not having a Group and camping water.
    2. It is not a good build because you have to camp Water
    3. If SM had 10 Targets, then it would be to strong. Even if you had to camp water for it.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

NOBODY said it was good.

BUT! 850 healing per second permanent on half the squad doesnt sound i a bit strong to you? That will happen when SM has 10 targets.

But something like 20-25k healing per second for pressing not a single button would be worth it at this point.

1. It is possible to get the SM effect on more then 5 people by not having a Group and camping water.
    3. If SM had 10 Targets, then it would be to strong. Even if you had to camp water for it.

as if firebrand isn't already stronger and will continue to be stronger but now people might choose to take a soothing mist ele instead of stacking firebrands

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

NOBODY said it was good.

as if firebrand isn't already stronger and will continue to be stronger but now people might choose to take a soothing mist ele instead of stacking firebrands

If you believe that Firebrand is a healer and a good one at that, then i dont even know what to say anymore. But how about you proff me wrong and show me how much a Firebrand can heal per second. Bonus challenge: Your Healbook is on CD.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.