Anet please buff tempest? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Anet please buff tempest?

Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 29, 2018 in Elementalist

Cmon i believe i want to believe.

You made reaper viable now make tempest viable in pve raids and WVW MAKE IT RAIN!!

If you buff tempest to be viable at least in support, i and others will be super hyped.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

Comments

• Tempest is viable in raids, both as situational healer if your squad needs extra healing or as meta dps build with scepter warhorn

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2018

But imagine if it was slightly less situational and more desired by making auras something really welcomed, would you turn that down?
    Or for instance:being able to buff up to 10 people with aura?

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Honestly I just want aura duration to scale with boon duration

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Mithos.9023Mithos.9023 Member ✭✭✭

Tempest would be way more welcome, if auras weren't complete useless in pve. Not to mention that one of them, fire aura, is useless in any given situation in all game modes.

I like it.

• I'm not sure they'd do it though because they did change Grace of the Land on druid.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭

@Usagi.4835 said:
    Here's an idea. Make Harmonious Conduit aoe and grant 10% damage to 3-5 targets in a 240-300 radius? :tongue:

Would never be put in , allies' effect would probably include while "affected by aura" conditional

But tempest needs something to make it desireable besides heals.Other classes can offer better buffs.Tempest needs something to have that competitive edge as a support class.
    How can we make auras not overpowered but still strong and desired?

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Axl.8924 said:
    But tempest needs something to make it desireable besides heals.Other classes can offer better buffs.Tempest needs something to have that competitive edge as a support class.
    How can we make auras not overpowered but still strong and desired?

Tempest needs better auras and a way to share out lots of stability. It is ridiculous how guardian has been the only good stability sharing class since the launch of this game, which has always made it absolutely mandatory in WvW. The stability share wouldn't only be there to make some competition for guardian, but also for personal use for the tempest. This is very important, because one of the main issues with tempest in the competitive modes is that overloads are way too easy to interrupt. That makes the addition of more stability a natural solution, which does have counter-play in the form of boon stripping.

As for what else auras could offer, that is a very difficult question to answer. What I do know is that fire shield has been trash since core GW2. Even back then, the 1 might and the brief burn were barely noticable. Fire shield should be their highest buff priority. The rest are at least kind of workable. Frost aura would be quite decent if it had better uptime. Magnetic and shocking aura can be pretty good under certain circumstances, though it should be noted that ground targeted reflects tend to be better than magnetic aura in most situations. Maybe something that Anet could do is to make auras also give a few extra stats, similar to banners. They wouldn't be permanent stat boosts because of aura uptime, but at least it would be something.

• Are you talking about Tempest in general or healer tempest? I agree that healer tempest could be buffed but tempest as a class is in meta for raids as a dps so buffs are not as needed as something like scraper

I'm talking about improving its auras so that it can be better as support, not as a dps spec.

• eaman.7562eaman.7562 Member ✭✭

Would be nice if auras buffed ferocity while on, ferocity is the trademark of air. There would be a use for Rune of Radiance so reducing personal dps to balance it. And please make Tornado something meaningful, like a super overload when you are on tempest traitline, at least give it a reset action so we can drop it after using it for CC.

• Usagi.4835Usagi.4835 Member ✭✭

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Usagi.4835 said:
    Here's an idea. Make Harmonious Conduit aoe and grant 10% damage to 3-5 targets in a 240-300 radius? :tongue:

Would never be put in , allies' effect would probably include while "affected by aura" conditional

Yeah, I know. I was just being cheeky.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2018

Tempest has been listed on metabattle + various raid oriented sites for overload air type of builds, but my issue with scepter (since launch day) is that scepter is pretty garbage at hitting anything that moves. Channeling air auto and tossing some delayed AoEs + overload isn't my idea of an enjoyable profession because gameplay outside of select bosses and DPS golems involves movement.

Dragon's tooth, shatterstone, phoenix, etc. all are delayed. Couple this with warhorn (lightning orb sometimes hits after things are dead , wildfire sort of rolls out so it isn't instant) and you have something that only works with the current "tank and spank" mentality with chrono.

Scepter + focus only appears to be stronger in low scale PvP scenarios (non roaming WvW is exempt) due to the ability to use focus knockdown or chill for CC to try to keep people in the AoEs.

edited October 2, 2018

Oh, I have an idea and maybe it's terrible. It's to do with Fire Shield specifically so auras, tempest and ele in general. As it exists, Fire Shield burns foes who attack you and grants you 1 stack of might each time you're struck (1 sec icd per attacker), making it largely useless in all game modes. I don't really play PvE so it doesn't bother me but given that PvE directs balance nowadays, it's worth pointing out that other classes have better might generation for themselves and their parties. My suggestion is change the 1 stack of might to a percentile damage increase, start at 1% and cap it somewhere.

I already jokingly suggested doing the same with Harmonious Conduit. Yes, they removed the same damage increase from Grace of the Land on druid because it made druids mandatory for certain game modes. But you'll notice that removing it hasn't really changed the meta comp; druid is still the standard pick for healer. Long-term, I don't think having these unique modifiers/buffs is a bad thing. The only issue is that they need to create niches for all the classes and, more importantly, build content around these mechanics, not in a way where XYZ is required to succeed, but so that there's more diversity in group composition and more than just one or two ways to complete raids. The other issue is player mindset but that's another can of worms for another day.

edited October 2, 2018

What if fire shield had a combination of damage lowered by a certain amount and hitting someone with fire shield gave you multiple stacks of burning?.

Would that be overpowered?

What if it was 2-3 stacks of burning per hit?

Well, damage reduction is already covered by Frost Aura and fire is generally offensive in nature but increasing the stacks of burning to maybe 2-3 sounds like a plan to me. It would open up focus for condi builds potentially. Short duration burning but high stacks. And it only lasts 4 seconds anyway.

• @Usagi.4835 said:
    Well, damage reduction is already covered by Frost Aura and fire is generally offensive in nature but increasing the stacks of burning to maybe 2-3 sounds like a plan to me. It would open up focus for condi builds potentially. Short duration burning but high stacks. And it only lasts 4 seconds anyway.

Problem is fire aura is easy to get for almost any profession.
    3 stacks of burning or maybe 2 without ICD. It won't help much ele because they just can't be hit due to their fragile nature.
    Who would benefit the most? Berserker or warrior in general.

edited October 2, 2018

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@Usagi.4835 said:

3 stacks of burning or maybe 2 without ICD. It won't help much ele because they just can't be hit due to their fragile nature.

People would also cry if eles all the sudden could put massive stacks of condis as well, and it would be tough to balance.Imagine you got 2 or 3 people who are tanky such as 2 warriors and a reaper with fire shield and the person gets a lot of stacks of burning, you better believe they will cry.

Personally i think it should exist just to force people to change strategies, as we aren't supposed to be tunneling people 24/7
    If all the sudden for instance if a ele with fire shield could put 5 condis instantly from hitting someone, for sure they would be considered a threat.It could make elementalists have a presence in spvp.Thieves would have to steal the buff off people for instance, or you would need someone to corrupt it if thats even possible.Then again:Retaliation exists, and people complain about it.

edited October 2, 2018

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

So invert it and follow Sigil of Malice's mechanic: increase outgoing damage by X% for each target you hit with a cap of 5 targets and an ICD? Or is that potentially overpowered? I can see how it could be. Convert conditions to boon per hit? Or even just increase the might stacks and the burning, I don't know.

• @Usagi.4835 said:

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

So invert it and follow Sigil of Malice's mechanic: increase outgoing damage by X% for each target you hit with a cap of 5 targets and an ICD? Or is that potentially overpowered? I can see how it could be. Convert conditions to boon per hit? Or even just increase the might stacks and the burning, I don't know.

It doesnt' fit fire aura theme.
    What about a small radius (240) aura around the caster that would seriously burn targets inside: 4 stacks of burning, 1s?

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:
    It doesnt' fit fire aura theme.
    What about a small radius (240) aura around the caster that would seriously burn targets inside: 4 stacks of burning, 1s?

The condition cleanse or the increased outgoing damage? If the first, that's what I might've thought but then they did recently change One with Fire to Smothering Auras. I like the idea of just more burning but then you have to be a little careful when considering how it would scale up, especially in WvW and possibly PvP. I think they're just toning everything down slowly. Perhaps piecemeal it by increasing the burn stacks on Fire Shield and seeing how it goes.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2018

Eng is a way better tempest now there is nothing on tempest that eng cant do after it got the stronger self protection effect.

So if anet wants to buff tempest they need to see the effect that eng has for balancing of support or being a tankly class.

edited October 3, 2018

@Jski.6180 said:
    Eng is a way better tempest now there is nothing on tempest that eng cant do after it got the stronger self protection effect.

So if anet wants to buff tempest they need to see the effect that eng has for balancing of support or being a tankly class.

Yeah, I noticed they gave the increased protection to Over Shield. The notes say increased effectiveness of protection on engineers by 20% for a total of 40% damage reduction, rather than the standard 33%. So I suppose it's only on the engineer player and not AOE.

@Usagi.4835 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

Yeah, I noticed they gave the increased protection to Over Shield. The notes say increased effectiveness of protection on engineers by 20% for a total of 40% damage reduction, rather than the standard 33%. So I suppose it's only on the engineer player and not AOE.

Personally i'm not satisfied with the buffs to ele.

Half the buffs are to weaver, and tempest still needs more buffs yet to be able to compete, and as you said now that engi is better, we need some good buffs.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.