1 Hit kill professions for WvW?

Joshewwah.2956

Thief in general hits hard on the initial blow. They don't need malicious backstab to give you a last surprise.

Generally, the build is Zerks with Mug and Executioner, Assassin's Signet, Rune of the Scholar or Infiltration, and blinding powder.

You pop assassin's Signet and Blinding Powder. Revealed trainingYou start the animation for the backstab, and you steal onto your foe from behind. Deadeye is self explanitory. Daredevil will usually take havok mastery for the additional 7% melee damage. And Core Thieves can take what ever the hell they please.

You also have Trickery, and you'd want to bring Leading blows up to 15% by spamming weapon skills at nothing.

The way it works is the Mug hits first and usually chunks people. If they have no toughness they will normally drop below 50% if they are not a heavy health class.Your next blow to land is backstab which will ruin a large chunk of your foes health. Executioner gives an additional 20% of damage. Scholar gives 10% if you're above 90. Or Rune of Infiltration, which gives 12% more when they are below 50.

Even if you are revealed, because the sneak attack animation is already in motion, you get the damage value for that plus the revealed bonus power.

@Sephylon.4938 said:Power mesmers and gs soulbeast come into mind as well.EditAlso power axe necros

How do they burst really fast though

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:Thief in general hits hard on the initial blow. They don't need malicious backstab to give you a last surprise.

Generally, the build is Zerks with Mug and Executioner, Assassin's Signet, Rune of the Scholar or Infiltration, and blinding powder.

You pop assassin's Signet and Blinding Powder. Revealed trainingYou start the animation for the backstab, and you steal onto your foe from behind. Deadeye is self explanitory. Daredevil will usually take havok mastery for the additional 7% melee damage. And Core Thieves can take what ever the hell they please.

You also have Trickery, and you'd want to bring Leading blows up to 15% by spamming weapon skills at nothing.

The way it works is the Mug hits first and usually chunks people. If they have no toughness they will normally drop below 50% if they are not a heavy health class.Your next blow to land is backstab which will ruin a large chunk of your foes health. Executioner gives an additional 20% of damage. Scholar gives 10% if you're above 90. Or Rune of Infiltration, which gives 12% more when they are below 50.

Even if you are revealed, because the sneak attack animation is already in motion, you get the damage value for that plus the revealed bonus power.

Interesting, but isn't this the similar build as the one I suggested in OP?

@Linken.6345 said:Since you dont have combat log up its hard to say if its a 1hit ko it can be afew skills going of at once.

Its not one hit. Its 3 or something hits timing the shield explosion+delayed hammer blow+judge. Roughly 10k+10k+3k in 0.2 seconds from 1200 range (against nearly 3k armor). Pretty certain its a macro but I suppose he could have mastered manually triggering it.

Regarding 1 hit killers there really are none. Yeah yeah judge can get you and maybe a 10k thief/ele get hit by a blowing leaf and topple over, but neither is really a normal scenario. The rest requires multiple hits. All classes can build for insane damage nowadays.

@Joshewwah.2956 said:

@"Sephylon.4938" said:Power mesmers and gs soulbeast come into mind as well.EditAlso power axe necros

How do they burst really fast though

Ranger burst is precast strength of the pact, sicem>maul>worldly impact. Good ones can do this in less than a second.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Sic_%27Em_Roamer

Memser burst is https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Shatter_MirageOrhttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Burst_ShatterAnd I'm almost certain a majority of them use macros to pull it off, or have been doing it for such a long time that they can queue in the same skills every single time you try to fight thesame one.

Neco burst is axe 2>spinal shivers proc. It really only works on people who are unaware, or are total noobs.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Since you dont have combat log up its hard to say if its a 1hit ko it can be afew skills going of at once.

Its not one hit. Its 3 or something hits timing the shield explosion+delayed hammer blow+judge. Roughly 10k+10k+3k in 0.2 seconds from 1200 range (against nearly 3k armor). Pretty certain its a macro but I suppose he could have mastered manually triggering it.

Regarding 1 hit killers there really are none. Yeah yeah judge can get you and maybe a 10k thief/ele get hit by a blowing leaf and topple over, but neither is really a normal scenario. The rest requires multiple hits. All classes can build for
insane
damage nowadays.

Can confirm it's very easily doable with human reflexes and most keybindings. Focus 5 explodes in 4 seconds, so he pops it, waits 3.5 seconds, gets within 1200 range, hits hammer 2 which has a cast time, then right before hammer 2 lands, hits JI (instant cast), arrives at target, then hammer 2 lands and focus 5 explodes around the same time, + glacial heart (trait) procs + any sigils, resulting in something like 8k + 10k + 4k + 1k burst if he's running full zerker with scholar runes.

It's a very gimmicky burst that will instadown anyone but once you learn and see that focus 5 shield, come up, you have plenty of time to counterplay.

Also that burst has nothing to do with DH. He could have pulled it off just as good if not better running core guard instead. The ridiculous damage comes mostly from what the radiance traitline gives.

@"Zawn.9647" said:There's a Weaver 1-shot build as well by Cellofrag I believe

Yep, but more than a "1 hit kill" I would call it "1 hit nuke" due is AoE. And since He plays it with a Norn for the stealth for the racial snow panther elite, resembles a Ghost Terran. But is a very squishy build, and used vs large groups oftenly ends crushed.

Thieves got the easiest 1shot build while also bringing permastealth.

Mesmers can 1shot slighty healther targets due to a larger burst, but requires alot of actions/cds dumped within 1-2sec.

Elementalists can 1shot.. but the build is awkward and you will die to most enemies aware of you, you are slow, low hp but hard hitting.

Rangers can 1shot, not as often but they can do it. I got hit by a Winters Bite (axe 3) for 19.6k damage yesterday and instapopped. Didnt even know it had that damage potential.

Warriors can 1shot with F1 Axe. Also, they got plenty of mobility and probably most build in bulk & passive defense in the game.

Engineer got several ways to 1shot but requires quite a bit of setup. And their animations are kinda sluggish so relatively easy to dodge.

List goes on.

Best 1shotters are:

1. Thief & Mesmer

@Noha.3749 said:Rangers can 1shot, not as often but they can do it. I got hit by a Winters Bite (axe 3) for 19.6k damage yesterday and instapopped. Didnt even know it had that damage potential.

How is that possible? The highest I was able to get the damage for axe 3 in a realistic scenario was 12.9k on a light armor target. I know I did my math right, even with all the best stuff I don't see any way it can get higher than that in 1 hit. The only way I could get it that high was also assuming the target was CC'd.

@chaosdurza.3291 said:

@"Noha.3749" said:Rangers can 1shot, not as often but they can do it. I got hit by a Winters Bite (axe 3) for 19.6k damage yesterday and instapopped. Didnt even know it had that damage potential.

How is that possible? The highest I was able to get the damage for axe 3 in a realistic scenario was 12.9k on a light armor target. I know I did my math right, even with all the best stuff I don't see any way it can get higher than that in 1 hit. The only way I could get it that high was also assuming the target was CC'd.

I have no clue my man, i asked the people around me and they just nodded and was like "yeah its possible, but ONLY during optimal situations (????)".Though i had about 2.500/2600 armor so it still makes me wonder how he managed. I wasnt under CC either.Cant explain it, should have printscreened it but i took it as its nothing special since everyone around me just acknowledged it and didnt think it was weird.

I definitely believe it happened, because I've had warriors hit me on my guardian for 12k with GS 5. Went into gw2 builder editor, tried to figure out what combination of stats/bonus damage effects/boons they had to have used to recreate that damage and it was absolutely impossible. I hit for 22k crits with Worldly Impact on my ranger, and by all calculations that should be completely impossible with my build, but I do that consistently. Something must be borked with either the damage calculations or my math. Probably my math, but I'm following the formulas listed on the wiki for the individual skills.

@chaosdurza.3291well the game is full of it atm.Ive recently joined the toxic vipermirage club to be able to beat most other cheese builds out there.Torment+confusion OP in the heat of battle.

i 1 shot deadeyes with Scepter 3, i just dodge their innitial attack and press scepter 3, as long as the animation starts before they restealth it deals about 4k power damage and deals about 2-3k damage for each ability they spam during the confusion duration. deadeyes who doesnt pay the attention or play SE with condiremoval in stealth just flat out dies to it.

Or i simply block an ability with scepter 2(4sec CD) which applies brutal tormentstacks, avrage damage of 4-5k during its few seconds duration if they move.

Gw2 has turned out the way it is because everyone wanna burst people into oblivion or roam with cheesebuilds like vipermirage.

@Noha.3749 said:

@Noha.3749 said:Rangers can 1shot, not as often but they can do it. I got hit by a Winters Bite (axe 3) for 19.6k damage yesterday and instapopped. Didnt even know it had that damage potential.

I have no clue my man, i asked the people around me and they just nodded and was like "yeah its possible, but ONLY during optimal situations (????)".Though i had about 2.500/2600 armor so it still makes me wonder how he managed. I wasnt under CC either.Cant explain it, should have printscreened it but i took it as its nothing special since everyone around me just acknowledged it and didnt think it was weird.

Vulnerability 25 stacks?

@Nimon.7840 said:

Vulnerability 25 stacks?

Nope, i just ran up in range and he turned, threw Winters Bite on me and i died. He proceeded doing whatever he was doing after that (smacking a siege ram), it was a clean 1shot, no additional damage or conditions taken from any source.

@Noha.3749 said:

Vulnerability 25 stacks?

Nope, i just ran up in range and he turned, threw Winters Bite on me and i died. He proceeded doing whatever he was doing after that (smacking a siege ram), it was a clean 1shot, no additional damage or conditions taken from any source.

Presumably with the 30% bloodlust boost so he was probably jacked up with ~4000 power or something.

@Noha.3749 said:

Vulnerability 25 stacks?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJBHhdSpC0KI2xLYxCwyLW2Ds8077N/u0ECAJgnOQzrCMi0A-jVRBABA8AAoU9H80Dc1+jyPzUCSKgImsB-w

Maybe something similar to this. Sic em+ one wolf pack + the winters bite might be able to reach those numbers

@Nimon.7840 said:

Vulnerability 25 stacks?

Maybe something similar to this. Sic em+ one wolf pack + the winters bite might be able to reach those numbers

If you throw in a Superior Bloodlust sigil on that, you can bring the AP to almost 4200, with 280ish crit damage. That's about 14.6k on a 2k armor target, with all damage % increases up. Very crazy damage, but still very specific scenarios (borderline unrealistic), and still not 19k lol. Like I said, I believe it's possible, I just don't get what the combination we're missing is.

@chaosdurza.3291 said:

Vulnerability 25 stacks?

If you throw in a Superior Bloodlust sigil on that, you can bring the AP to almost 4200, with 280ish crit damage. That's about 14.6k on a 2k armor target, with all damage % increases up. Very crazy damage, but still very specific scenarios (borderline unrealistic), and still not 19k lol. Like I said, I believe it's possible, I just don't get what the combination we're missing is.

Maybe instead of bloodlust sigil go for the ferocity stacking sigil?Using soulbeast to take in the pet as well as minor bloodlust from borderlands?

A friend of mine designed a full squishy ranger build, that could easily kill wvw minstrel guards if they didn't go invincible, with one time pressing pewpew. That dealt about 26-38k dmg depending on the target armor.