[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

For the extra particle effects around the skills bar, a slider option would be much appreciated where you could fade it to zero visibility. An example would be the berserker flames that appear after full adrenaline has been reached or anything of the like for all other professions.

Add a "prioritize hearts" checkbox under "Content guide".

I love the content guide because it's well implemented and it helps you effectively explore an area without being too hand-holdy - at least I use it that way. But why does the content guide prioritize hearts over everything else? This makes no sense, especially for PoF and LW maps that have repeatable hearts.

It's annoying to have to complete hearts to "get rid of them" for the content guide to show other things. I've done them before. Sadly, they're not that enjoyable and I just want to run around the pretty maps and explore them, but I had to force myself to explore all the PoF maps in one sitting (1 map per day on my current schedule) just so the hearts didn't annoy the crap out of me. I hated it because it felt like rushing.

As a person that really likes making builds, it would be awesome if the hero panel stat window would show base stats and not only green numbers indicating a stat boost, but actually show where the buff and how much of it is coming from where. Like lets say 100 power boost from food, 250 stat increase from sigils, any amount coming from a stat conversion, for example precision to ferocity trait.

Improvement for the use of the Home Instance portal stone.

Could we please get a merchant in the Asuran and Sylvari home instances. Those two don’t have a merchant. When you have a Home Instance portal Stone a merchant in your instance is useful for low level alts that are parked at one spot to be able to go somewhere and come back. It’s also useful for other chars to have a spot to sell items. Currently I use WvW to clean out inventory for these, or PvP if it has a queue, but I’d prefer to use my home portal stone and go to that char’s home instance.

Not sure if it's been said yet but compiling all the bank tabs into one larger window (or at least have the option to like we do with our inventories) would be quite nice. It would save some scrolling space and would make the bank more customizable.

I would greatly enjoy the ability to swap weapons out of combat for Elementalist and Engineer. If we could have a second weapon set that you can only swap to out of combat, it would free up inventory space (preventing me from constantly activating my lounge pass instead of equipping my staff) and help the player transition from melee to ranged without having to open their inventory between mobs.

It would also be lovely if we could use gliding and/or mounts within the home instance. So many nodes, so little time.

Can we please choose the reward after we level up? Getting a spirit shard seems like such a terrible reward for a feat like that. It'd be nice if we could choose a level up reward and work towards getting it, even if just some random loot, it still seems better than a spirit shard. Thank you for your time reading this!

It'd be nice if you altered some of the items in the new Novelties UI. For example, the Selfless Potion cannot be used at the same time as the How To Dance, Vol. 1. Perhaps moving How To Dance over to the Transformations section would work better, since you can't use it while transformed anyway.

Can we get a build save feature like GW1. It's a bit annoying having to switch builds manually, especially if we play different game modes on the fly. I go from PvE roaming to Fractals and now to Raids and have to spend 5 min changing my character. Wish we could just select a loadout and be in there. The worst part is sometimes messing up your trait line when switching builds.

@BlueIce.6951 said:

@runeblade.7514 said:Hearts needs to be party-friendly. It is the only feature/content that makes me not want to play with other people. When I finish my heart, I have to wait for the other player to finish before we can move on. Ultimately it makes me want to leave them completely. I feel this is a very important QoL feature that needs to be prioritize because every single 80 map from Ember bay has been heart maps. It will also help leveling core players also.

How to fix:
  • If you are in a party and you are in the same zone with the same Heart, you share heart progress.
  • Other players take less progress from you. Meaning if you kill a mob, you get 100% heart progress and the other player gets 50% heart progress, the third player gets 25% heart progress and the final player gets 12.5% heart progress. Each progress is randomized. This is so that players don't finish hearts too quickly.
  • Players can still share progress in a squad, but only 4 players receives a shared heart progress every time.
  • Heart progress prioritize players that hasn't finished the same heart and the player in the same heart area.

It will improve socialization aspect because players will party up to finish content faster.

Another idea would be to scale up the heart requirements by the number of people in your party in the heart zone. They already do this with events, so I would hope that it could be something implemented for hearts.

Probably not possible because players get their own heart progress bar. It isn't a group thing like events are.

Please. Milk and Cookies recipe, Chocolate Milk recipe, and Strawberry Milk recipe. The game already has the materials we'd need! (Just please no milkshakes unless we can hold one like that photoshopped Rytlock on Twitter)

More cat stuff. (Home instance stuff, maybe a live cat on your head or shoulder as a fashion with a cat title for getting all the cats)

Perhaps a home Choya tribe to dance with in either home instance or sun's refuge.

Cashmander tag (cash symbol for a commander tag that is simply bought for a lot of gold or by gems)

A Cowmoonder, Salamander, Saladmander (probably like a head of cabbage), Bearmander, and Chemander (like a chemistry flask sort) tag, all available for purchase after map completion. One per map completion on a specific race. (In the order of the listed: Human, Charr, Sylvari, Norn, Asura)

A Peacock jumping spider as a pet for Ranger (smaller with less power and poison than other spider pets, but with confusion, torment, and an evasive lunge attack.

More Guild Emblem options

A /roll command to generate a randomized number out of a number (example: /roll 50, then it spits out any number 1-50

Now for Gem Store suggestions:

Cone of Shame for a head piece.

Animal Balloons Mount pack. (as in each is a balloon animal making the noises even)

A long giant paintbrush as a staff skin.

A headpiece that's just one eye with a glowing aura like effect.